Vega Mexican Cuisine
187-189 E Hartsdale Avenue
Hartsdale, NY 10530Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Vega Mexican Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vegamexican.com/
- Phone: 9147230010x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Monday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering is available for all occasions.
A word from Vega Mexican Cuisine
Authentic Mexican at Hartsdale.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vega Mexican Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (6)neighborhood gem (5)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (2)fit for foodies (2)great for brunch (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Good PlaceJamesDined on 9/27/2014Excellent quality high end Mexican food. Attentive service, delicious food. Highly recommend the sangria. A little noisy, but tolerable. Looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:
- Reliable, but sadly emptyThetaSigmaVIPDined on 9/10/2014I went here at 7:45 PM on a weeknight and we were the only people in the restaurant. Such a shame, because Vega has been a mostly reliable Mexican restaurant for the past few years. The quality of food did seem to go downhill a year or two ago, hence why I had not been in a long time, but a revisit this past week was overdue. The food was good this time and the service was excellent. The only problem was that no one else was there, so the ambiance was hurt by that. I hope they get back on track, since good Mexican restaurants in Westchester are extremely rare.
- Nothing special ... but fine.DDDDVIPDined on 6/7/2014Vega feels like many Mexican restaurants that bill themselves as "authentic." Our meals were enjoyable but nothing stood out as special or memorable. Burritos, enchiladas and the fajitas were all tasty, and I had a pulled-pork entree that was tender but a little greasy for my liking. The table-side guacamole had nice flavor too. All in, we spent only about $60 per couple. Considering that we had cocktails but no separate appetizers (other than one shared $5 guacamole), and no dessert (they had no decaf coffee of any sort), the price was about right. Service was friendly and attentive. Oh ... and did I mention they had no decaf coffee?Special Features:
- The following 120 reviews are from the Vega Mexican Cuisine reviews archive.
- The bestOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/5/2014Great food with great service. Great food with great service. Great food with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, OK ServiceBF103Dined on 5/5/2014The food was awesome. Everything tasted great, everything came out hot, and the margaritas were amazing. The guacamole could use some salt and better but it was pretty good. The service was just ok. To be fair, it was Cinco de Mayo, so the restaurant was crowded, but I have been to Vega on a non-holiday and the service is still just ok. They're not very good at seating based on reservation or when you arrived and the waitstaff sometimes forgets about you. The food does make up for it and it gives you the opportunity to eat and not be rushed.Special Features:
- great margarittas,needed ear plugssunwalkerDined on 5/5/2014Glad I made the resv.,VERY busy for Cinco De Mayo. I love a Mexican rest that can really make a margaritta;I've had some terrible ones. The food here is very good. HOWEVER,I did not appreciate waiting 10min.to be seated next to the kitchen/busing area! It was extremely noisy anyway & this area was worse. The matra'd sat us with one menu(all he had),really?!Special Features:
- DougVIPDined on 5/3/2014The food at Vega is always great. It is not your standard Tex-Max place - the food is fresher and not covered in cheese and salsa. The fish tacos and the steak dishes are my favorites.Special Features:
- Slow Servicecarmb6VIPDined on 4/23/2014Very slow Service, I'm still waiting for my second drink
- Fresh foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/19/2014I loved that the food was fresh and tasted clean! They use local ingredients when then can. By far best Mexican food in Westchester!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was okay. It wasrarelydineoutDined on 4/6/2014The food was okay. It was presented very well but did not stand out as restaurant-quality.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Getting better all the time!FamilyVIPDined on 3/21/2014The fourth time is a charm. The first time I dined at Vega, I was very disappointed in the food. NOW: Wonderful experience with excellent food (taste, quality and especially presentation)- This will is now "My Mexican Restaurant".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lived up to expectationssenoritaVIPDined on 3/8/2014had heard good things abuot the restaurant from friends and neighbors but had never been there - the margaritas were generous and good and correctly priced - all the food was delicious - the corn chips tasted like they had just come out of the oven - the salsa tasted home-made and my friend's son usually doesn't like it - he wanted more rice to sop up his chipotle sauce = the huevos rancheros were delicious - my only criticism would be that the black beans were tasteless as were the refried beansSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/12/2014One of my favorite neighborhood restaurants. Good food and drinks, very pleasant service.Special Features:
- Trendy and DelicousYummyDined on 10/11/2013Went for a date night with my husband on a Friday night. Was seated immediately. Had the guacamole for an appetizer, was made table side. It was okay, nothing that stood out. Then we had their signature cocktails, El Diablo which was delicious! I had the chorizo quesadilla which was outstanding, and my husband had the chicken ranchero which was mouth watering. Overall good entrees and cocktails. Skip the guac and try something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local GemLuv2eatoutDined on 9/27/2013We have been to Vega at least 10 times and brought many different people with us. Everyone always told us what a great choice. Food was fabulous each time, atmosphere and drinks were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday YummmMuseumFoodieDined on 9/1/2013Wonderful yumminess and great service! From the fresh made guacamole and salsa to the dessert, it is a wonderful venue. My godchildren also enjoyed their items from the kids' menu. It is a wonderful place for foodies young and old!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good Mexican FoodTexasGirlDined on 8/24/2013My husband and I moved to Westchester from Texas about 3 years ago. We have been on the hunt for good Mexican food and especially a good margarita, which have been harder to find than we had imagined. We have found both at Vega. We have tried several menu items by now and been pleased with everything, esp. the fajitas, carnitas, chile relleno and fish tacos. The margaritas are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- i always enjoy the food, drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/5/2013i always enjoy the food, drinks and friendly ambience at Vega. Prices are fair and servings are generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed feelingsFernguyDined on 7/5/2013Food kind of spotty. First time I ate, the food was prepared well. Second time the entrée was badly overcooked and dried out. Deep fried avocado was delicious. Rice pudding very ordinary. Wine list way overpriced, e.g. $9 a glass for a bottle which sells in the store for $10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice experiencePauliDined on 5/26/2013We had a lovely, relaxed, and delicious experience. The restaurant is spotless, calm, and very attractive. The service was exceptional and not overbearing. The food was fresh and well presented. The margaritas were exceptional. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just a great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/19/2013the best in mexican food & drink in all of westchesterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013Made reservations for Mother's Day brunch. Nowhere in Open Table, nor on the restaurant's website, did it note that the Brunch menu is not available on "Special Occasions" which we only found out when we tried to order something off of the brunch menu. Ruined the whole experience. I've eaten here before and the food is good, but I was so disappointed with the surprise and the lack of an adequate explanation that I am seriously questioning whether or not to return. Very poorly run.
- Cinco de MayopanterVIPDined on 5/5/2013Food was really good and restaurant was understandably crowded for Cinco de Mayo. Service was excellent and waiters were all in good moods. Would go backSpecial Features:
- Tasty!sunwalkerDined on 5/4/2013My first time at this lively spot. Food is very good & they know how to make a great margaritta! I had a tamarine marg on the rocks-very tasty & they arn't cheap with the tequila! nachos were good. Fish tacos were tiny but very filling & good! the only disapointment was the flan,not good! Very lively bar area,although a bit noisy. I would return here.Special Features:
- Lose the Blinking Colored LightsBizfinguyVIPDined on 4/28/2013Very strange blinking colored lights in the bar area were a big distraction during the meal and made it hard to see and less relaxing and enjoyable. This has not been a problem on past visits. Turn them off or lose them. Food was great as usual; kitchen was backed up and had a big rush when we got there but they recovered and made it through OK, though a bit slower than usual.
- Atmosphere is good but thekronyVIPDined on 4/27/2013Atmosphere is good but the food is only so-so Mexican. Run of the mill and pretty boring.
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013The food was delicious and service was top of the line. It wasnt crowded though so I expected the food arrive faster. We had to ask for the check due to us be on lunch hour.Special Features:
- Went for lunch and it wasPokeVIPDined on 4/26/2013Went for lunch and it was very quiet, as few people were there. Had guacamole which was suppose to be med. spicy, but it had no spice. Last time there it was better. Quesadillas were great. My friend had chicken and I had corn and mushroom. Both wonderful, but a little too large for lunch.Special Features:
- I've eaten at Vega beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/19/2013I've eaten at Vega before and had a lovely meal and good service. Friday's pork special was dry and tasteless; service was slow and surly. It will be a long time before I go back.
- Fair at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/19/2013The lure of 1000 points got us to Vega Mexican cuisine. We were seated right away and the waiter was very friendly and warm. We put in our drink and app orders and it took a really long time for food to come out (~20-25 minutes). The cumulative waitstaff wasn't particularly attentive: I dropped a fork and asked twice for another one, and never got it - I ended up sharing one with my wife (which was kinda fun) to have the appetizers. We had to flag down waiters to refill water through the meal too. Everyone was very polite and friendly. Our entrees were nothing inspiring - flavors were quite flat and bland, I had creamy chicken and wife had Chimichuri steak.
- CarefulrontVIPDined on 4/16/2013Careful what you order and ask prices. I had a groupon and wanted to exchange my 2 glasses of wine for a bottle and pay the difference. I was told that the glasses of wine were $5 each. We decided to have the glasses and when I ordered another glass, I was charged. $9. I was told that with groupon they credit only $5 but when you buy, it cost $9. For $9 I could have ordered a better glass of wine instead of the house wine they give groupon customers.
- Very loud on a Saturday night.RSG38VIPDined on 4/13/2013Very loud on a Saturday night. Hard to hear someone sitting across the table.
- Great first impression!ConsistentVIPDined on 4/6/2013A modern type mexican restaurant with good food, good drinks and great service.Special Features:
- Just a little dark for meMyraAOVIPDined on 4/2/2013Just a little dark for me at night. Lovely decor otherwise. Good food and friendly services.
- Went there with a group ofOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/18/2013Went there with a group of friends, everyone enjoyed their meals, drinks were STRONG but very good :)Special Features:
- Loved it! Best all aroundTessaVIPDined on 3/16/2013It was my first time here and I was delightfully surprised. Probably the best Mexican restaurant in all of Westchester! Fresh fesh food! Many of the Mexican cuisine restuarants in the area are found lacking and the food seems microwaved.Special Features:
- I live about a ten minuteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2013I live about a ten minute walk from the Hartsdale "downtown" area, where most restaurants don't seem to last very long. Vega has managed to stick around for a few years now which is great! Expect upscale mexican food and good drinks. The decor is trendy and fun, and the service is good too. I wouldn't say it's outstanding, but definitely worth going--especially if you are within walking distance! Get the mango cocktail.Special Features:
- Sunday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/10/2013This was the second time that I have been here. I went for a Sunday brunch and had the steak and egg. The flavors were good but my plate was soupy. This place needs a little TLC. some of the walls are chipped and the back rest to some of the table are missing.Special Features:
- Recommend the fish tacos,exTokyoResidentDined on 3/2/2013Recommend the fish tacos, and the table side prepared guacamole. Also, great Margaritas. The place was packed, so reserve early.Special Features:
- Service was lousy and it tookOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/1/2013Service was lousy and it took almost 15 minutes to get water, restaurant was empty but we were sat in the crowded bar area even when there were lots of open tables in the dining room. Drinks were so-so, but they were definitely not worth Manhattan prices.