1221 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107Neighborhood:
VegetarianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vedgerestaurant.com/
- Phone: (215) 320-7500
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm and Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian, Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Richard Landau
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We are happy to accommodate private events for larger parties. Our private dining room can seat up to 16 and the entire restaurant can be made available. Please direct all inquiries to Joe either by phone (215-320-7500) or email (email@example.com).
- Private Party Contact: Joe Pachella 2153207500x
A word from Vedge
A modern vegetable restaurant by Chefs Richard Landau & Kate Jacoby, formerly of Horizons: Located in the historic Tiger Building on Locust Street, Vedge offers classical, elegant dining experiences as well as a sophisticated bar. The menu takes a fresh approach to cooking vegetables, presented in a series of mid-size plates. Think: Smoked Eggplant Braciole, Salt-Roasted Golden Beets, Wood-Grilled Maitake Mushrooms.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Vedge reviews from OpenTable diners
393 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (341)special occasion (255)neighborhood gem (155)romantic (152)hot spot (112)notable wine list (77)good for groups (71)vibrant bar scene (47)late-night find (27)great for lunch (12)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (5)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- In my top 5OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/18/2014I'm always surprised and delighted by my dining experiences here. This time I took a friend who cringed at the idea of a vegan meal and he left the meal a true believer. Incredible food and wonderful knowledgeable staff. I love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious vegan foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014My husband and I went here for our 1 year anniversary and it was great. Delicious food and cocktails. The menu is a bit confusing if it's your first time, but our waiter was very helpful and made recommendations. Leave room for dessert - the custard with miso chocolate pocky was heavenly. It's pricey, but worth it for a romantic date or special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The epitomy of fine diningTaroddDined on 11/15/2014We had dinner at Vedge on Saturday evening, celebrating our 36th wedding anniversary. It did not disappoint; the food was beautiful to look at, was delicious, and the waitstaff was perfect. They were attentive and they were able to answer any questions we had about the meal. The desserts were incredible, and the sangria was easily the best we'd ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegan all the way30thbirthdayDined on 11/14/2014Wonderful place... Nice to sit down and have everything on the menu you can eat. Vegan food is outstanding. And Vedge knows how to do it right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!DocBobDined on 11/12/2014Vedge quite definitely lived up to its rather extravagant reputation for delicious vegan food, and was quiet and pleasant into the bargain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mike's VEDGE reviewMewmikeDined on 11/10/2014Vegetables taken to the level of the sublime. Unbelievable and surprising flavor combinations stretching ethnic boundaries from North Africa, to Japan, regional american and Mediterranean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- marbrosch89Dined on 11/10/2014Always love coming here though I'm a little disappointed that the menu selection has decreased over time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousWild4catz3Dined on 11/10/2014From the atmosphere to the service to the food, Vedge was phenomenal. Small plates (we ordered one from each category per person) so we got to sample a wonderful array of tastes and textures. Presentations were beautiful too. Perfect birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VedgeTommyDined on 11/8/2014I enjoyed my experience very much. All the flavors were excellent. I, being a vegan enjoyed it more than my wife who is not.Special Features:
- VedgeJohnzimDined on 11/8/2014One of the best meals of my life and my companion agreed. Food prepared so well it cannot be stolen- the highest home cook praise. Only sorry i couldn't eat more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- triplecsDined on 11/8/2014The menu is engaging and interesting featuring vegetables prepared in the most delicious ways. We had a wonderful chat with Kate Jacoby, an owner and chef, and we saw her passion for great food. staff was wonderful and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- orgazmicMatt6Dined on 11/8/2014This was easily one of best meals me or my girlfriend have ever had. Every thing we had was amazing. Rich flavor, small plates but filling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but we expected spectacularNonameDined on 11/7/2014I think the headline sums it up. We heard so many great things that we really expected things to be spectacular. Everything was tasty, but nothing was really exceptional. The only other comments is the stereo typically non-vegetarian comment. If it wasn't for one potato dish we ordered (and the rich desert) I might have left hungry. Most of the dishes were quite light, which can be good as I often end up overfull at other restaurants ... so pay attention to what you order not all dishes are as filling as others.Special Features:
- The food is gourmet vegatarianyogaMomDined on 11/7/2014So no egg plant parmagian, or fried cauliflower. My family is not vegetarians but thought they would find something but really it is for up scale vegetarian. And that's not me. I don't like paying 125.00 for three people to eat fancy vegetables. I came I went I saw and don't need to go again. It was a great experience, the food for me was very delicious but like anything else I want the value for the price and for me it wasn't worth it.Special Features:
- Always amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014This was my 4th time dining at Vedge and it never disappoints. Great service and amazing food.Special Features:
- We LOVE VedgeVeggiewannabeDined on 11/7/2014Bought the cookbook. Introduce people to it frequently. We are Vedge "apostles."My husband is diabetic, and the staff prepared a special fruit "dessert" for him on the occasion of his 75th birthday. See what I mean?!!Special Features:
- Vegan dining at it finest...JasonDined on 11/7/2014One of the best vegan restaurants I have been to....I have been to several in NYC and beyond. I will be back again...waiting 6 months to get an opportunity to visit this restaurant was worth with wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placefoddieontapDined on 11/6/2014Vedge was a great experience and I'm a carnivore! There were three of us, only one was a vegetarian. We sampled half the menu. The highlights: The lupinini beans were excellent. The carrots were excellent as was the golden beets and the chocolate uber.Special Features:
- Best TimemeandromeDined on 11/5/2014If you are looking for a place where you just want to get away and enjoy a great atmosphere to relax in and share a pleasant conversation with a friend or business partner: this is the place. Eating healthy has never been so good or shall I said the food served was wonderful a pleasant surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Our waiter was really friendly, knowledgeable, and prompt. The food was a-m-a-z-i-n-g. I am still dreaming about the grilled seitan. So delicious. Thank you! It is wonderful (and rare) as a vegetarian to go to a restaurant and not worry about questioning things I can eat on the menu, knowing I can just pick anything. On top of that, knowing whatever I do pick will be the highest quality and taste...it is about time!Special Features:
- Top Notch DiningVegdinerDined on 11/1/2014Vedge always delivers! We have never had a serving that is anything less than delicious. Meals are expensive, but worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014I don't know what all the hype was about. I found the food to be ok.
- Food can't get much better...ContentedDined on 10/31/2014Vedge is one of our favorite restaurants. We live in San Francisco, and weekend in Napa. We're amateur foodies. Whenever we visit Philadelphia, which is about every 4 months, we go out of our way to find an evening for supper at Vedge. This past weekend, our plane arrived at 9:20 PM. We hoped in a cab, went straight to the restaurant, and were a few minutes early for our 10:15 PM reservations. We parked our luggage behind the wine cooler, and were seated immediately. Not surprisingly, the meal was outstanding! It's totally changed my thinking about vegan. It can be incredibly delicious, when done well. Nobody does it better than Vedge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sarajDined on 10/31/2014amazing vegan food. Fantastic experience. Attentive service.Special Features:
- WowdfwrVIPDined on 10/31/2014Hard to believe it's vegan. Tapas-style plating provides the right amount of food when following server advice for one dish/person/course. Rich and varied flavors. My husband and daughter loved dishes that included ingredients they normally don't like. I would recommend highly even to non-vegetarians. Prices are high, but we felt it was worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing what they do with veggiesMickyMc1Dined on 10/30/2014What an eye-opening experience! Creamy sauces, wonderful flavors, great texture all without dairy and meat. The presentation was fantastic, flavors amazing and the service was exceptional. Make sure to follow the servers recommendation to order at least one entree from each section of the menu or you will go home hungry. The serving sizes of the items we ordered were not large, so you definitely need to order a bunch of them. Well worth the wait for a reservation.Special Features:
- Best in Phillybig1ginDined on 10/27/2014We had a stunning meal here. The cheesecake(!) was undoubtedly the most amazing part. Would recommend it to anyone in Philly looking for innovative and high quality food.Special Features:
- Delicious!whitecatDined on 10/27/2014Nice restaurant with good service, nice wines and really outstanding vegan food - even for non-vegans. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Stuffy serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/27/2014The food here is incredible. Our bartender INCREDIBLE. However the host and some of the other service staff was just so uppity/hipster/pretentious which is just not what I am used to from their other restaurant. Always felt more "at home" there.Special Features:
- Absolutely amazingrbnsxmDined on 10/27/2014Fantastic ambiance, spacious dining room, wide variety of dishes, superb service. Couldn't ask for a better dining experience. Be sure to make reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014The two month reservation wait was absolutely worth it. LOVED ITSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative CombinationsechickDined on 10/25/2014I've been a vegetarian for over twenty years and have tried vegetarian restaurants all over the country. Vedge offered such creative combinations of ingredients to tantalize our tastebuds. Creative, fresh and seasonal menu. Ambiance was beautiful and simple. Service was top notch, with no fewer than four staff members attending to our needs throughout the meal. Thank you, Vedge, for a refreshing approach to vegetarian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love this restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/24/2014i wish we lived closer. We had an amazing dining experience here. Hands down one of the best meals I have had out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most amazing vegan food in Philly!veganfoodieDined on 10/22/2014This restaurant is hands down my favorite vegan restaurant in the city. The food is made with such care and it's clear in how it looks and tastes. Service is wonderful, atmosphere is relaxing and upscale and prices are surprisingly affordable for what you're getting. Love it! Highly recommend it!Special Features:
- one of my favoritesPVdinerDined on 10/22/2014we love Vedge! This was not our first time there, but the food always feels new and although we are omnivores, we never miss the meat! Service is exceptionally friendly and my only problem is choosing among the items on the menu. Sometimes we overcome this problem by going with a group and tasting everything!Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/22/2014I'm not a vegan, but I would be if I could eat like this everyday. Great service, great atmosphere, great for a date. Will definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighborDined on 10/22/2014wonderfully creative dishes, not your usually veggie plate for vegetarians but delicious dishes. Stay away from too many pickled choices. Mushrooms are stellar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprisingshesheDined on 10/22/2014Who knew so much could be done with so many vegs, some pretty obscure. Delicious and a lot of choices. The service was too good. I felt like I talked to the server as much as my dinner partner. I had said in my reservation thstb itvwascabirthdsy but nothing special was suggested. It's not acsinging waiter kindvifva place but an amuse bouche might have been nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!PurrDined on 10/21/2014Amazing vegetarian food, great attention to detail. All the dishes were out of this world, a must try even for devoted meat eater:) Cocktails are spectacular and service is absolutely outstanding. Beautiful interior and light. Chefs Landau & Jacoby even have Vedge cook book, which is equally great:)Special Features:
- Great food - service so soOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/21/2014Enjoyed my first time at Vedge- lovely spot. Service not what I had expected - there on a Tuesday night and while busy, not incredibly so- felt rushed and also wait person was not very attentive. The runners with food were pleasant. But food was quite good and the ambience is lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.