1221 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107Neighborhood:
VegetarianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vedgerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2153207500x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm and Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian, Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Richard Landau
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We are happy to accommodate private events for larger parties. Our private dining room can seat up to 16 and the entire restaurant can be made available. Please direct all inquiries to Joe either by phone (215-320-7500) or email (email@example.com).
- Private Party Contact: Joe Pachella 2153207500x
A word from Vedge
A modern vegetable restaurant by Chefs Richard Landau & Kate Jacoby, formerly of Horizons: Located in the historic Tiger Building on Locust Street, Vedge offers classical, elegant dining experiences as well as a sophisticated bar. The menu takes a fresh approach to cooking vegetables, presented in a series of mid-size plates. Think: Smoked Eggplant Braciole, Salt-Roasted Golden Beets, Wood-Grilled Maitake Mushrooms.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vedge reviews from OpenTable diners
412 reviews since April 1 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (345)special occasion (287)neighborhood gem (174)romantic (169)hot spot (140)notable wine list (84)good for groups (72)vibrant bar scene (57)great for lunch (18)late-night find (16)kid-friendly (12)scenic view (6)great for brunch (6)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Gourmet food, happens to be veganMMMLDined on 7/28/2014Vedge is thoughtful gourmet food. They are traveling on largely untrod ground, and so each dish is a new invention, often with a concept that the server can explain. The results are spectacular. New flavors abound, and combine to a harmonious whole.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A unique fun filled eveningDri456Dined on 7/26/2014We had heard wonderful things about Vedge so oir expectations were high but we were not disaappointed with the quality and creativity of food, ambience or service. Will definetely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PepperDined on 7/23/2014Absolutely fabulous in all ways! The ambiance, the server, the food all made for a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Delicious, expensive vegan fareOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/22/2014I never thought I'd say vegan fare was delicious, but it was. Unfortunately, it was also really, really expensive, but as a one-time event Vedge is awesomeSpecial Features:
- one of the bestNMonsterVIPDined on 7/22/2014This has to be one of the best restaurants in the country right now. Really incredible. Go Go Go.Special Features:
- LucyVIPDined on 7/19/2014Excellent- lived up to all my expectations! Would go again!Special Features:
- Amazing VegetarianVeggieMomVIPDined on 7/19/2014Have tried to go for a long time - finally got in. Our non-veg friends loved it, too. Hard to choose what to eat everything sounded so great. excellent cocktails & draft beer, tooSpecial Features:
- Complete PerfectionSko0Dined on 7/19/2014Vedge is seriously amazing and I am in love with it. Even if I weren't vegan, I would adore this place and count it among my favorites: my parents and brother are serious omnivores and loved everything just as much as I did. I can't wait to come back! I bought the cookbook, which is amazingly well-done, and am hoping that it will tide me over until I can get back to Philly to indulge again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PascalDined on 7/18/2014Truly a surprising culinary experience, excellent service and reasonable prices! We wish to have it in DC! A good reason to come back visiting Philadelphia...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always best vegan in PhillyPtownVeggieDined on 7/18/2014For my fiancée and me, Vedge has been the most consistently phenomenal place in Philly. Their menu changes seasonally and their drinks are always great. We love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/18/2014This restaurant has been on my list to visit!!! Food was fantastic as well as the presentation and the service!Special Features:
- An experienceBonApetit787VIPDined on 7/17/2014An upscale vegan restaurant minus the pretension and proselytization the staff was knowledgable about the cuisine. The food for the most part was excellent. Some of the mains were misses but that might of been not the fault of the chefs rather just not a flavor that was appealing to us. I would go again and againSpecial Features:
- Fanatstic vegan dinner!VeganDined on 7/16/2014I recently had dinner with a (non-vegan) friend at Vedge, and we both enjoyed our meal. We had the portabella carpaccio, cauliflower and pea crepe, and the spicy tofu for our dinner and they were all delicious--seasoned perfectly and visually appealing. We had the peanut butter fudge pretzel combo for dessert, which was also a winner. This is my fifth year as a vegan and I can say without reservation the Vedge dessert was the creamiest, most satisfying vegan dessert I've ever had. Keep up the great work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealMikeVIPDined on 7/16/2014Interesting and inventive (for the most part) takes on vegan food. I'm most definitely not a vegan and I had a wonderful meal here. Drinks were very good, not great. Service was also very good, not great. Food was mostly excellent but some portions very small for the price. I would return.Special Features:
- Vegan Birthday Treatjba716Dined on 7/16/2014Don't miss pickled cauliflower. Smoked carrots were delicious. Cocktails even were very good. I would definitely go back for Sips/Happy Hour, and snacks. Gin and tonic cake with cucumber ice cream was delicious.Special Features:
- Vedge is the bestVeggieQueenDined on 7/16/2014Vedge's menu is the most unique I've ever had. No one else prepares vegan food like this! I just wish that the portions were a little larger for the price - I found myself using my bread and, when I ran out of that, my fork to sop up all the sauces, they were that delicious! I do appreciate and understand, though, that what goes into preparing fresh produce from scratch and the unique and unusual ingredients that go into the recipes can be expensive. In spite of this, I will always return to Vedge as one of my favorite (if not my favorite) restaurants!Special Features:
- AmazingTranquillosDined on 7/16/2014Everything was perfect as always! As vegetarians, it is frustrating to eat out unless we go to Vedge!Special Features:
- Surpassed All ExpectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/16/2014Being a manager in the food & beverage industry, I am always looking for new restaurants to go and try. I have been hearing amazing feedback about Vedge ever since it opened, and this past Wednesday I finally had the chance to go and try it myself. I went with my roommate, who also works in this industry, and who is a vegetarian, and we were both blown away by the entire experience from the time we walked in the door until we walked out of it, very full and very happy an hour and a half later. The service provided was very fluid and flawless. The food was exceptional from creativity, to presentation, to taste. It was one of the best dining experiences I have had in a long while and I'm already planning my next visit.Special Features:
- Making my momma proud...Foodie2bDined on 7/15/2014If I was served veggies like this when I was growing up, momma would never have had to tell me to eat my vegetables. The food here is as beautiful as it is delicious. Notable were the smoked carrots, the brussel sprouts & the fingerling potatoes. If you love chocolate, the chocolate pretzel chunk dessert is yummy. I will be back and bring more friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb in every wayUBUDOCDined on 7/14/2014Everything was outstanding but especially the portobello carpaccio and the arancini dessert! So looking forward to V Street!!Special Features:
- Fabulous!TeacherizzDined on 7/14/2014This was the perfect place to celebrate my son's 21st birthday. The food - presentation, recipes, quality - is spectacular. How fortunate we are to have found a restaurant that understands how wonderful a vegan lifestyle can be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great flavors and presentationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/14/2014Very creative combination of flavors, textures and ingredientsSpecial Features:
- veganmomDined on 7/14/2014Awesome food especially if you are Vegan - if not you would never know it was vegan :) Enjoyed the experience tremendously during visiting our daughter and her husband.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place everdanielDined on 7/12/2014One app, one hot plate, and one side was perfect amount of food. everything was amazing. And dessert. amazingSpecial Features:
- Only reason I drive down to PhillieLawpoDined on 7/12/2014I swear I love to eat meat and seafood and dairy and everything but no matter what I always get an urge to want to go to Phillie from NYC just to go to Vedge. Hands down my favorite restaurant. Portions are perfect to share and reasonably price. Sure I was late for my res and the restaurant called me to make sure I was coming but they did not give me any attitude at all (traffic from nyc to phillie was horrible that day), hell they even made a joke at it when we arrived! Great service as usual! Can't wait for another occasion to go back to Vedge! Its my boyfriend and I's goal to go at least once a year!Special Features:
- Wonderful gourmet vegan creationsTastefulVeganDined on 7/12/2014We heard that Vedge was a vegetarian (vegan) restaurant in Philadephia that was superb and very popular. Book early because you may need to plan several weeks ahead but it will definately be worth it. The presentation and taste of the uniquely creative dishes exceeded our expectations. The service was very good and the entire staff were polite and quite responsive. By far the absolutely best restaurant of its kind that I have ever dined in.Special Features:
- Awesome dining experience.cmwoobieDined on 7/12/2014Server was very knowledgeable. It is amazing what the chef can do with veggies. Lots of different flavors and textures. A real pleasure to dine there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd time back and I'm not a veganEZGourmandVIPDined on 7/11/2014This was my 3rd time back at the restaurant and this time we took our teenage kids as well. The food is till fantastic but the menu seems to get smaller. Not sure if the reason is seasonal, or I've just gotten used to the few delicious offerings.Special Features:
- The best place for vegans!!Lisa711Dined on 7/11/2014This was the second time my husband and I went to vedge. Again, everything was fantastic! No complaints at all. We had a tomato and corn dish, Portabello carpaccio, a cucumber dish off the dirt list, salt roasted gold beets layered with avocado and tofu, seitan, and a hearts of Palm tart, also: jelly donuts, and a dessert with cornbread and pineapples, and for drinks: the prices pool and a tequila ginger drink. We loved every bite and sip. Our servers were also fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful OverallJDELDined on 7/11/2014Was our first time and it definitely lived up to the hype. Food was amazing, drinks were great, desert was one of the best we've ever had, and a great overall experience. A bit noisy, but doable. Be prepared to dish out some money as the sharable plates add up. But again, well worth it. A trendy scene, but comfortable for just about anyone. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Great menu, tiny portions thoughAnonymousVIPDined on 7/11/2014I have been wanting to try Vedge in months and after finally getting a Friday night table for 2 I couldn't wait to try everything on the menu. The food options were great! The flavors were so unique and I was very impressed. However, the downside is that for a table of 2 (no alcohol included) we paid $45 and left feeling slightly hungry... The portions are tiny, so make sure you order 3-4 plates per person if you go hungry.
- noisypattyVIPDined on 7/10/2014We loved this restaurant but we were seated by a large party and it was very difficult to have a conversation. Also, a word to the 'wise', although the food is totally vegan (and DELICIOUS!) don't think you're going to have a low-calorie meal. I left feeling that I had consumed a very rich repast. Vegan does not necessarily mean low calorie!Special Features:
- FANTASTICJacatDined on 7/9/2014Went to Vedge with an out of town friend who is a Vegan. Best vegan restaurant she has ever been to, and one of the best restaurants I have ever been to overall. Food was creative, beautiful and delicious! Did not feel like I was missing anything. Service was great. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- dine out frequentlyfine2dineDined on 7/9/2014We are not vegetarian but we frequently eat out. The food was excellent and beautifully presented; the restaurant easily reached the quality of the great reviews. I really don't know everything we ate but we loved it all. My wife and I each offered 3 dishes and shared them all in addition to the small snacks and the ice cream. We did not leave hungry and will certainly return. We can't wait for the opening of the 19th street venue.Special Features:
- Delish!ShelleyVIPDined on 7/8/2014Loved everything. Heirloom tomatoes, beets, carrots, mushrooms, seitan were excellent! Can't wait to go back! Where art meets food!!!Special Features:
- A revelationleamaraDined on 7/7/2014This was one of the best dining experiences I've ever had. Every dish was a revelation: surprising, subtle, enlightening. Everything was prepared beautifully and presented perfectly.Special Features:
- Best vegetarian restaurant-period.MicahBVIPDined on 7/5/2014This is about my sixth visit or so. It is still tough to get a weekend reservation. Vedge is the best vegetarian restaurant I've ever been to. I like meat. Yet never miss it during the meal. Inspired cocktails. Good service. Even after ordering all sorts of things, the bill is still somewhat reasonable. The more people you bring, the more dishes you can try. And you want to try everything.Special Features:
- incredible inventive foodfoodiegirlDined on 7/4/2014From start to finish everything was outstanding..SO much so that we came back the next night to eat at the bar!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentHungrymanDined on 7/4/2014Great tasting dishes, we tried a little bit of everything and enjoyed the creativity and flavor of the food. Although Independence Day is usually for overloading on meats, our vegan meal was filling and satisfying!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Became a believer!birthdaydindinDined on 7/4/2014I like my veggies but NEVER have I experienced such a range and depth of delight over an entire 3 course meal! As a lover of all things carnivorous, I had my doubts that I would feel fully satisfied after my meal but I was amazed. Every bite was delicious, the staff was welcoming and the atmosphere wasn't the least bit pretentious or stuffy. Fantastic first experience; can't wait to 'drag' along my friends to make them believers too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.