1221 Locust Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107Neighborhood:
VegetarianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vedgerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2153207500x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm and Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian, Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Richard Landau
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We are happy to accommodate private events for larger parties. Our private dining room can seat up to 16 and the entire restaurant can be made available. Please direct all inquiries to Joe either by phone (215-320-7500) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Private Party Contact: Joe Pachella 2153207500x
A word from Vedge
A modern vegetable restaurant by Chefs Richard Landau & Kate Jacoby, formerly of Horizons: Located in the historic Tiger Building on Locust Street, Vedge offers classical, elegant dining experiences as well as a sophisticated bar. The menu takes a fresh approach to cooking vegetables, presented in a series of mid-size plates. Think: Smoked Eggplant Braciole, Salt-Roasted Golden Beets, Wood-Grilled Maitake Mushrooms.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Vedge reviews from OpenTable diners
392 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (342)special occasion (257)neighborhood gem (167)romantic (155)hot spot (120)notable wine list (77)good for groups (69)vibrant bar scene (49)late-night find (21)great for lunch (12)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (6)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Most amazing vegan food in Philly!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/22/2014This restaurant is hands down my favorite vegan restaurant in the city. The food is made with such care and it's clear in how it looks and tastes. Service is wonderful, atmosphere is relaxing and upscale and prices are surprisingly affordable for what you're getting. Love it! Highly recommend it!Special Features:
- one of my favoritesPVdinerDined on 10/22/2014we love Vedge! This was not our first time there, but the food always feels new and although we are omnivores, we never miss the meat! Service is exceptionally friendly and my only problem is choosing among the items on the menu. Sometimes we overcome this problem by going with a group and tasting everything!Special Features:
- surprisingshesheDined on 10/22/2014Who knew so much could be done with so many vegs, some pretty obscure. Delicious and a lot of choices. The service was too good. I felt like I talked to the server as much as my dinner partner. I had said in my reservation thstb itvwascabirthdsy but nothing special was suggested. It's not acsinging waiter kindvifva place but an amuse bouche might have been nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014Amazing vegetarian food, great attention to detail. All the dishes were out of this world, a must try even for devoted meat eater:) Cocktails are spectacular and service is absolutely outstanding. Beautiful interior and light. Chefs Landau & Jacoby even have Vedge cook book, which is equally great:)Special Features:
- Great food - service so soOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/21/2014Enjoyed my first time at Vedge- lovely spot. Service not what I had expected - there on a Tuesday night and while busy, not incredibly so- felt rushed and also wait person was not very attentive. The runners with food were pleasant. But food was quite good and the ambience is lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014All courses were memorably delicious and beautifully presented. Loved the grilled seitan- amazing meal!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- INCREDIBLE!!!AlisonRDined on 10/18/2014This was one of the best meals that I have ever had - it is impossible to understand what they do with basic vegetables. I would be vegan if I could eat anything like this regularly! I do not have one negative thing to say, everything was tastier than the next, it was perfect!Special Features:
- Memorable Anniversary DinnerLeslieDined on 10/18/2014We had been eagerly awaiting our dinner at Vedge since I made reservations months ago to celebrete our wedding anniversary. My husband is vegetartian and I am not, but I greatly appreciate finely prepared, delicious vegetable dishes. Vedge lived up to its excellent reputation, and them some! We followed our server Kate's recommendation to each select a dish from the 3 main sections and embarked on a dining odyssey. Even the draught English cider was some of the best I've ever tasted. We left room for dessert, the sticky toffee cake with smoked walnut ice cream, which we split. Our server then treated us to 3 complimentary ice cream scoops: chocolate marshmallow, dutch appie pie, and my favorite, miso salted caramel. Heaven!Special Features:
- NonaKDined on 10/18/2014Wonderful as always. Our favorite Philly restaurant. My husband loves meat, but never complains when I book a table at Vedge!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!NikkijvegDined on 10/18/2014We went here for my birthday dinner and absolutely loved everything about it. Probably the best food I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014Our first time at Vedge and we loved it. Nice to have such a varied and unique vegetarian menu. Also a terrific staff. We will definitely dine there again!Special Features:
- date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014was very enjoyable experience, worth the wait to get in, would definitely go back, plan ahead!Special Features:
- Amazing Food, Uncomfortable feelingJoannaKayDined on 10/16/2014The food was inspiring and exciting, worth the money. However, the stiffness of the staff added with the incredible intimacy of the environment made me feel uncomfortable. I wish someone had been a little more welcoming or approachable. This was our first "fine" dinning experience. I am not sure I would recommend this spot to others. Though everything was prompt and beautiful, the lulls between servings could be awkward and the interactions with the host and waitress felt strained. As if they were rushed or didn't want to deal with us.Special Features:
- omnivores and veggies will love itkimmybDined on 10/16/2014I had been dying to check this place out since I got the Vedge cookbook and made some of the yummy recipes. It did not disappoint! Since going vegetarian, I still go out to primarily non-vegetarian restaurants, and sometimes find that the only options I have are pastas or salads. When I first arrived at Vedge I was so excited that I could order ANYTHING off of the menu. I went with a friend and we ordered 8 plates altogether as well as a dessert. The waiter had reccommended four plates per person and we were glad we ordered eight as we got to try most of the dishes that we both agreed looked good. I only wish I could've tried more - it was ALL delicious. Usually when I eat tapas style I am iffy on one or two plates - you can't miss here.Special Features:
- Exquisite food - small portionsSusanDined on 10/16/2014We had a lovely meal at Vedge. The atmosphere and service were great. The food was creative with unusual ingredients, but delicious. A meal here is pricey, though - three courses and two glasses of wine cost nearly $90. Portions are tiny to miniscule. I am a petite person with a small appetite and found that I was still hungry afterwards. Overall, the food and preparation are exquisite and deserving of the acclaim the restaurant has received. I would just like a little more on my plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only veggies? Not possible!CoopDined on 10/15/2014The food was delicious. Just vegetables? Really? Didn't feel like that at all. The only issue was ventilation. Went home smelling like I had spent an evening in a fryer. Oily smell which took away from the experience. Otherwise, terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- phenomenal food, chilled atmospheredrkaz70Dined on 10/15/2014Visited with a friend from the UK who is a vegetarian. As a non veggie I was amazed at the flavours that were created. A masterpiece on the palette. Absolutely recommend to any foodie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in PhillyvegancatloverDined on 10/14/2014Vedge is the best restaurant I have ever been to. I recommend the cheesecake and the sticky toffee pudding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't miss the meat!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014I am not a vegan or vegetarian, but am a foodie, so was anxious to try Vedge after hearing so many good things about it. It did not disappoint! The salted beets, fingerling french fries, shaved brussel sprouts and succotash were all fantastic! The service was wonderful, attentive without being overbearing. At the last minute, someone in our party asked for a small takeout order, and we had it in less than ten minutes! (The only small criticism was that the Meyer lemon sangria, though delicious, was a really small amount.) Everyone in our party loved Vedge, and would definitely go back again!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014The carrots and the sticky toffee pudding are absolutely amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magic with Brussel SproutsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/10/2014Everything was great - from the drinks to the amazing brussel sprouts to the seitan meal to the mushrooms to dessert. Every mouthful delicious.Special Features:
- Not your typical vegan restaurantlp1113VIPDined on 10/10/2014My husband and I visited Vedge for my birthday and were delighted with our experience as we had been the previous 2 times we visited. From the timing of the courses, to the wine recommendations, to the richness of every plate, our meal was absolutely excellent. We enjoyed every plate but our absolute favorites were the Salt Roasted Golden Beets (if you don't typically eat Vegan and enjoy lox, try this, trust me!) , the Hearts of Palm Tagine (out of this world), Roasted Maitake Mushroom & Trumpet Mushrooms (one of our favorites we had tried before), and the Shaved Brussels Sprouts. My husband LOVES the fingerling potatoes as well. Even if you are a meat lover, Vedge never fails to provide a rich, hearty, fantastic meal.Special Features:
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014Vedge was everything we expected. Food was terrific, service was outstanding, restaurant was extremely clean. I would recommend to all vegetarians and meat eaters.Special Features:
- Very enjoyableRosieVIPDined on 10/10/2014I am in town for a conference and decided to try Vedge with 4 of my friends. The decor is nice - clean and simple. The waitstaff were great. We shared a bunch of dishes. The mushroom dish and grilled seitan were some of my favorites. Overall a good experience and would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Divine!EstherDined on 10/9/2014Vedge is possibly the best restaurant I've ever experienced. The entirely vegan menu is out of this world delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too StrongPhilVIPDined on 10/9/2014Every dish clobbers you with flavor, while I prefer ingredients to speak for themselves. It's like they're trying to convince carnivores that vegetables can be tasty, but they try WAAAAAAY too hard. I eat out all the time and frankly, I can't see what all the fuss is about at Vedge. I know that's not the majority view on here, but what can I tell you? There was absolutely nothing wrong with my meal or the service, but there was nothing great about it either.
- vedge4CocoDined on 10/9/2014Artistically presented food that tastes even better than it appears. The dressing on the rutabaga salad was perfect. Just the right amount of bite to enhance the delicate greens. Our main course was the eggplant braciola which we had on a pervious visit. It was as good as we remembered, with a rich earthy flavor. Vedge is the type of dining experince that causes you to slow down and appreciate each bite. Our servers not only happily described each selection when asked, made valuable wine suggestions to enhance our experience, by steering us to a more economic choice that was so delicious we noted the label. Dessert, vegan, and finger licking good! Stout ice cream a must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As Good as it GetsBacigirlVIPDined on 10/9/2014Vedge is in a league of its own. Just Fantastic!!!! Every dish was outstanding, creative, innovative and DELICIOUS. Truly a gem. I would drive back to Philly just to eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencePibbleLvrVIPDined on 10/8/2014I am not a vegan and this was a delicious experience. Food was creative and delicious. Very filling too. Desserts were fantastic. Went with a girlfriend and tried a few different plates and all were fantastic.Special Features:
- Amazing Spot.RisaCDined on 10/8/2014I heard this was an awesome spot, not only for the vegetarian, but for anyone who loves good food. I'm a meat eater and this place was one of my favorite restaurants in the city. Every dish was so good. Waitstaff was so helpful. Loved this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Vegetable RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014This is the best vegetarian/vegan restaurant I've ever been to. Surely the best such thing in Philly. Every dish is perfect. Very expensive and a little too loud.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/7/2014Vedge has definitely changed our perceptions of vegetarian dining. Who could know how tasty beets, brussel sprouts, and grilled Seitan could be? We would definitely recommend this place to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vegetarian surpriseFoodieDined on 10/7/2014Never knew vegetarian cooking could be so delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at vegeatoutbcDined on 10/6/2014Nice setting. Great service. Attentive, quick but not rushed. Very helpful waitress. All courses were delicious. 4 people with no drinks 4 appet, 4 main and 4 sides and 1 desert 150 + 30 tip. Sort of like a tapas. While every thing was good I never feel like Ihave dinner at a place like this. Just a taste of many things. Prob won't be going back for that reason. I think it would be great for a drink and a light snackSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Omg...ashleyannVIPDined on 10/4/2014I am a new vegetarian and decided to come here for a low-key night with a vegetarian friend. Neither of us really knew what to expect and we were blown away (in the best way possible!). Everything we ordered was fantastic from the presentation to the flavor. It was a great opportunity to try new things and new preparations of favorites. The seitan was the highlight among our main courses and the desserts were AMAZING (we had sticky toffee pudding and an amazing chocolate dish). The meal was rather pricey but so worth it!Special Features:
- Amazing ExperienceJDS383Dined on 10/1/2014Although they weren't able to seat us until 25 minutes after our reservation, they blew us away after that. Our server, Owen, made sure we were well taken care of; he gave us excellent menu recommendations, and even made up for our late seating. The food was excellent! Although I was a vegetarian in the past, I am far from one now and was worried that without meat I would be left wanting; I was worried for nothing, the food was amazing and surprisingly filling.Special Features:
- Impeccable InnovationtravelersfromKansasDined on 10/1/2014Our dinner at Vedge was simply perfection from beginning to end. The highlight was the "Reuben" of smoked carrots and kimchee dressing. Every element had a distinct and thoughtful purpose and the clarity of flavors was amazing. The service had that unobtrusive ballet quality that you expect from fine dining, but without any pretension. Another reason that we will visit Philadelphia again soon. It is worth the trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No worries VeganOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/1/2014So yummy, excellent! Didn't have to even ask for vegan options. It was! Loved it!Special Features:
- Beyond AwesomeGizaliciousDined on 10/1/2014It was our first time at Vedge and we were certainly not disappointed! We were both so blown away by the Grilled Seitan that both of us were about to lick the plate. The Summer Corn Custard was such a uniquely delicious combination of flavors and the Chocolate Uber Chunk certainly held its own as well. And the service was on spot. I highly recommend Vedge to all - whether you're vegan or not.Special Features:
- Love this placeExperiencedDinersDined on 9/30/2014It's a must stop when I am in town on business. The food is mind-blowing and a real treat. The chef is super talented and inspired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.