475 Washington Blvd
Jersey City, NJ 07030Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.vb3restaurant.com/
- Phone: 2014204823
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: 573670656608
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from VB3
At VB3, fresh ingredients like heirloom tomatoes, mozzarella and lemon leaves combine with a festive atmosphere to create the ultimate dining experience. Our restaurant, pizzeria and bar in Jersey City offers lunch, dinner, cocktails, dessert and brunch, and we put our unique stamp on a range of delicious dishes and drinks. Chef Michael Colletti creates a modern take on classic Italian family recipes, incorporating gourmet ingredients and unexpected touches into beloved favorites like baby calamari, grilled hanger steak and wild mushroom pizza. Not to mention, if you’re looking to make your next event extra special, we offer on- and off-site residential and corporate catering for breakfast, lunch or dinner. There’s always something delectable cooking at our Jersey City bar, lounge, restaurant and pizzeria. Make VB3 the highlight of your day. Come for the food…stay for the party!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
VB3 reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance2.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (5)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (4)good for groups (3)fit for foodies (3)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Good food, clubby environment.birdieDined on 10/17/2014The food and service were really good (although the hummus tasted odd), but it felt like more of a club than a restaurant. Between the music and chatter, it's a pretty loud place. I'll give it another shot...Special Features:
- Nice LunchWilly50Dined on 10/14/2014This was my second time visiting VB3 for lunch. I will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- This is not a reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/10/2014As usual the food was good. However I did not receive my dining points.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchWilly50Dined on 9/19/2014This was my first visit to VB3 (and also my friend's). We had a very enjoyable lunch. I just loved my sandwich - the chicken sandwich with roasted peppers and arugula (on a terrific roll)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, good servicesourpickleDined on 8/19/2014Its a bit pricey for the newport area but overall is a good find and has a great atmosphere. mushroom pizza is great!Special Features:
- DisappointedMikeVIPDined on 8/5/2014I eat here for lunch quite often, so when my wife came to meet me after work one day I figured we could grab a nice meal here. I typically enjoy their vodka sauce so I ordered the penne vodka. For $20 I was disappointed in the portion I received considering it was a bowl of $.99' pasta with sauce. It was also fairly dry. I usually love to soak up some excess sauce with bread, but they never brought bread to the table like most restaurants either. My wife ordered the crab Mac and cheese, which she enjoyed. The music playing while we ate our dinner? We were surprised to hear "F@ck You" by Eamon, since I had not heard it in almost ten years. We were even more surprised when we realized it was the uncensored version. Classy.Special Features:
- What a disaster!TomLauritaDined on 6/27/2014I have to tell you, Jersey City has great places to dine, this is not one of them.. service horrible actually none.. Food, we ordered an appetizer of Calamari, it was like rubber, over cooked, no taste, Organic Salad, could not eat it, yes it was organic, so organic they forgot to wash it, I do love my salad with the dirt it was grown in. Pizza, delivered cold, by the way still waiting for plates, forks and knives, asked numerous times during each course and never came, got up and got my own after awhile..
- The following 23 reviews are from the VB3 reviews archive.
- WastingfoodisasinVIPDined on 4/26/2014Tried one of today's specials. Porter house steak for $40. Its taste was actually better than some of steak houses in NJ, but its price is also higher than those. Average price of porter house steak in NJ shall be around $25-30.
- In the end, it was very goodGregDined on 4/10/2014Went with a group of 12. Lots of appetizers shared. Dinners all around. Had to send back my branzino because it was overcooked and charcoal-ly. Waiter took care of it quickly and the second time around it was excellent. The rest of the meals all looked great. The meatballs were excellent. Delicious variation on a Manhattan with fig liquor. I'd go back.
- Noisy but nice.RoroVIPDined on 3/27/2014VB3 is a quaint restaurant with a very nice bar that attracts the locals. They are very loud to say the least but hey, it was happy hour and they seemed to be enjoying themselves. The food was very good including the calamari which was very spicy. I recommend VB3 very highly however, if you're looking for a peaceful dining experience, you better bring your ear muffs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Mediocre FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014Service was excellent, but the food was just ok. Don't order steak in a pizza place. Also, did not like the fact that a large group of people came in near our table and just stood around drinking. They were loud, and I wish the waiter or manager (owner?) would have politely asked them to go to the bar area if they were going to stand around and drink. If those were their tables, then they should have been sitting and drinking/talking. I had to get up and ask for the check so we could leave. We were going to leave in the next 5-10 minutes anyway, but the rude patrons hurried our exit.
- Had a proschiuto di ParmaWastingfoodisasinVIPDined on 3/21/2014Had a proschiuto di Parma pizza with a side spinach and a bottle of Californian merlot. The quality of food has been improving, I feel. The restaurant turns into a club after 11 on Friday.Special Features:
- lemonnikkiDined on 3/14/2014waitress - great! manager - great! food not so great - roasted chicken over cooked - with lemon veggies - rice balls with lemon aioli - grilled asparagus with lemon aioli- so there was too much lemon to say the least- everything else 5 stars -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The manager's commitment toWastingfoodisasinVIPDined on 3/13/2014The manager's commitment to improve the level of server's quality is notable. The server has mentioned that the bill had already included 20% tip because of payment condition. It would have not happened in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointinggeeeemoneyDined on 2/22/2014The restaurant has a club feel to it and a glowing bar (very tacky). The restaurant lacks identity, seems confused about its lounge atmosphere and the amount of tvs which are more sports bar like. The table next to us was a loud and obnoxious family. This was not the restaurants fault but provided an unfortunate ambience. Our waiter was kind and timely but couldn't answer any of our qestions. He didn't seem to be experienced about the food or restaurant. The food wasn't inedible but not great either. My husband had the strip steak and it was overcooked. I had the clams linguine and it was just poor. I've made better myself and I'm no chef. Overall everything was disappointing. We won't be back and I will not recommend this place to anyone.
- Great ambience and locationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014Food was good, but the ambience and location was great. Would definitely come back on a night out with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a prosciutto pizza andWastingfoodisasinVIPDined on 1/29/2014Had a prosciutto pizza and spinach and asparagus as side dishes. They were yummy. Tried cheese cake for the first time. Opened a bottle of 337 Cabernet Sauvignon. It was very cozy.Special Features:
- very surprisedtummytamerDined on 1/20/2014We took a group of 9 for a business lunch there and were all so impressed with our lunches. the menu is really very creative and the execution was beautiful and delicious. Much more upscale and creative than the name implies--pizzeria. I highly recommend it and will now list it amongst my go to places in JC. jbSpecial Features:
- Tried baby spinach salad thisWastingfoodisasinVIPDined on 1/15/2014Tried baby spinach salad this time. It was fresh, but vinegar was a bit strong. Mushroom pizza was good as always. Enjoyed jazz live as well.I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, but too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/4/2014Staff is friendly, food is good, however the dining room has a sports bar in the middle and screens showing various sports channels with sound blasting from overhead speakers. Not the best setting for a good dining experience. Also the a/c was really cold in spite of our visit being in the middle of winter. Too bad, if it weren't for the lacking atmosphere we would certainly return to try the other items on the menu.Special Features:
- Not your typical sports bar menuAlicatDined on 12/22/2013If you need a place to watch your favorite sports team but want something more than your typical bar food, VB3 is the place for you. So many TVs to watch and the noise level is loud from the broadcast sounds of the game alone. Service is tolerable. The drink selection & food were excellent overall. Our appetizer selections for the evening included grilled octopus (incredibly tender and just a tad too salty), baked buffalo wings & winter salad (both very good). I enjoyed the house made gnudi for my entree which was as light & airy as promised. My husband had the whole bronzini which was actually served filleted. It was okay. Our friends had the salmon & steak which they both enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!bhouselDined on 12/18/2013I go here a lot for lunch with my co-workers and they are always quick and the food is good. Last night we went after work for dinner, and my wife and daughter had a great time. I brought my 2 year old daughter, and even though most people were there for happy hour, the staff were really nice to us and friendly to my daughter. That means a lot to me! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was terrificTerpmomDined on 12/12/2013Had a light business lunch there so didn't get to sample much of what looks like a great menu, but the waitstaff could not have been more accommodating and professional. Although the place was crowded (it looked like they had a couple of holiday work lunches) they were attentive and did not rush us at all. I would come back to sample more of the menu at dinner. The only complaint would be that the music was just a little too loud for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Short ribOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/7/2013The Octopus salad was amazing. Short Rib entree special was perfect. Our server Matty was pleasant, professional, & we did not wait between courses. John the GM made our time extra special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & great waiter!SD311Dined on 12/6/2013Food was great & waiter was awesome. Valet parking is a huge plus! Only issue, it was hard to talk over the messy holiday party that was taking place where we were seated.Special Features:
- Elegant Comforting FoodFoodWineChickieVIPDined on 11/23/2013I've made another visit to VB3 and Chef Colletti's still turning out some amazing food. From traditional Arancini to fantastic pizzas to hand-made pastas to outstanding entrees like Berkshire pork chop and decadent desserts, VB3 is a very favorite. Oh yeah, don't miss the creative cocktails and nice craft beer list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well balanced pleasant experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/22/2013Great food, great service, great experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service, super noisyRestaurantspyDined on 11/2/2013While food was good, it took 50 min to get our appetizers and another 40 min for our entrees. The atmosphere is terrible. Loud obnoxious music, over a dozen tv screens and window treatments that had me staring at super bright street lights the entire time. If they stop playing the loud disco like music, cover their windows and fix their service issues they may make it. Otherwise it will be one more "nice" attempt that won't last.
- New American meets Lounge/SportsbarjulesDined on 11/1/2013We tried the chicken wings, gnudi and the ravioli, which were interesting and well prepared. I didn't love the sweetness of the baked tomatoes on the Gnudi, but I attribute this to my personal taste, not a deficiency in the dish. The wings were well cooked in a thin, subtle chili sauce w a celery/onion slaw & blue cheese crumbles. The ravioli filling was very creamy like egg yolk and melted butter. I would recommend VB3 to those who enjoy creative dishes. The specialty cocktail, a fig moscow mule, was delicious.The atmosphere was lively, with the feel of a nightclub/lounge- but oddly had many big screen tvs, which is great for watching sports, but didn't exactly fit with the vibe/design of the restaurant. Service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Great late night stand. LikedWastingfoodisasinVIPDined on 10/15/2013Great late night stand. Liked pizza and romaine salad. Many tvs on the wall.Special Features: