5764 176th Street
Surrey, BC V3S 4C8Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.vaultrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6045764243
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch 7 days a week: 11:00am - 3:00pm Drinks & Snacks daily from 3:00pm - 4:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Gerry Togonon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment 3-4 nights a week. Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Jazz or Blues.
- Special Events: 33% off Wines by the Glass every Tuesday. Discounted Martinis every Wednesday Thursday is HotRod Night with Steak & Alaskan Crab $27.99 and cheap cocktails!
A word from Vault Restaurant
Standing out like a fresh tattoo on a burly forearm, The Vault Restaurant serves mouth-watering martinis, delicious wines and fabulous food. Once inside, you will be greeted by an eclectic, lively room, a diverse menu and tantalizing cocktails, including “the best Caesar in town.” First built in 1948, The Vault retains many of its original features, including the concrete bank vault. Outside the private vault, guests are seated in the restaurant’s lounge or dining room, surrounded by an eclectic décor, including bicycle frames, ornate mirrors, and a female statue residing above the bar! The funky style combined with live jazz or blues music and you’ve got yourself a hip and quirky restaurant, with a cool, laissez-faire vibe. The Vault’s diverse menu features Northwest cuisine, offering dishes that are simple, yet rich in flavour.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerNorthwest
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Vault Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Surrey ›
Vault Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (92)special occasion (76)fit for foodies (54)good for groups (50)romantic (36)hot spot (26)great for lunch (18)notable wine list (18)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014We have been to The Vault a few times now, and every time we are delighted with our food, drinks, service, and the eclectic ambiance of the restaurant. Our most recent visit was to celebrate our 20th anniversary, so just the two of us were there. However, we have been to The Vault as a small group (of 4) and a large group (of 24).........regardless of the size of the group, the food is always high quality!Special Features:
- Good but lack of attentionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/22/2014Had a great dinner, food was excellent but found the service slow and inattentive. Will still go back and try it again, may have just been an off night as we have been there before and all was good.
- Good find in CloverdaleBiztravellerDined on 10/18/2014Fun decor, live music, and good food. It is difficult to find good restaurants in the valley, Vault is a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambienceSquishyDined on 10/18/2014I went to the Vault with a girlfriend. It's pretty cool that you can make an online reservation. I was seated upon arrival. My server was very prompt, courteous & friendly. She immediately told us the daily specials of wines & good. The music was intimate; overall it had a great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014The food was good however the noise level was high a casual type restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2014Once again - Vault restaurant delivered an awesome meal with great service. Went there for a nice dinner with my husband and we ordered our "usual". The food was so tasty - it makes it impossible to try any other dishes. The chilli chicken to start (for both of us - because who wants to share!) and then I had the salmon (but with the cajun dressing & dill yogurt sauce) and husband had the chicken and wild mushroom farfelle. So tasty!!!Special Features:
- AwesomeMarty81Dined on 10/10/2014Over all good food and service! Been a few times and will be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerFoodfunDined on 10/10/2014The atmosphere was relaxed. Food was flavorful. Service friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit8thereDined on 10/8/2014We had a gift card for the Vault and finally got to go with another couple. We enjoyed the ambience and good, friendly service. Our food was great and I loved my rack of lamb! Couldn't believe how busy it was for a Wednesday evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mealsoutDined on 10/7/2014The fennel/apple slaw on top of the halibut/tuna entree was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very CoolDeedeeDined on 10/4/2014Loved the atmosphere, the food and the service. Didn't feel pressured to leave, didn't really want to leave....Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerLocalDined on 10/4/2014We had reservations and were given a table a reasonable distance from the music area as requested. We enjoyed an outstanding meal and wine and great service from our friendly server. The noise level was a bit high for fine dining and made conversation difficult periodically. We will go again for another special occasion.Special Features:
- Always great at The VaultBarbnDarrenDined on 10/3/2014Always great food, service and ambiance. The food was perfect as always, waitress was attentive and quick with service and the musician was fantasticSpecial Features:
- Birthday dinnerkierstenkatDined on 10/3/2014We went here for a girls night and to celebrate my moms birthday. Everything was fabulous from the wine to the dessert! The only thing that could have made it better is if they offered my mom a complimentary dessert or glass of wine since we were clearly celebrating her birthday and told our bartender, server and hostess this ahead of time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was mediocreUnsatisiedDined on 10/3/2014Had the flat iron steak medium, it was tough and chewy with a side of about 3 tiny vegetables. The bococinni salad was portioned for a child at 9.99 there was about 5 tiny little tomato slices with a small spot of bococinni on top. The mashed potatoes were great. We also had a side greens salad that was pretty much dry and looked and tasted like something from Ricky's, no love in that salad. The ambiance and service were great.Special Features:
- Simply delightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/30/2014We will return for sure. Tasty food and "just right" portions. The pace of service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food!JJ33Dined on 9/27/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meal this evening. The food was wonderful, so were the martini's. The waitress was friendly and accurate. We will be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014Steak was not as good as I have had at the Vault before. It was a little too chewy.Special Features:
- Fantasic food and musicmusicalfoodieDined on 9/19/2014Came here for a birthday dinner and it was fantastic, we had great service and our waitress was very friendly and polite. The food was excellent and nice and hot (which is a must for me) everything we had was to die for, went in hungry and came out very happy. The live music was a great bonus, I love live music and it was the perfect combination with a nice night out.Special Features:
- Consistently good!ABitPriceyVIPDined on 9/16/2014The Vault is a fantastic little spot that offers great food and a fun "downtown" feel without the drive downtown. Definitely put this place on your "to try" list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually very good...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Went to the Vault Sunday night for my birthday, as I am signed up for the free annual birthday meal. Was disappointed that the tuna was no longer on the menu, as that is always my favorite dish there! Started off sort of on the wrong foot from the start: no bread for the table,, and what was called a margarita was abysmal. Fake lime juice, tequila and soda water, with a salt rim, in a tall glass. Drank it anyways since I was so thirsty. I ordered the steak special for dinner, 7 oz strip with peppercorn demi. Was not disappointed in the steak, was cooked perfectly rare and they actually remembered to bring the horseradish, which many places forget, but couldn't believe that the green beans as a side still had all of the stems attached!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 70th aveTheShoppersDined on 9/14/2014Only downside was my pasts was luke warm, the prawns where hot so that means the pasts sat around waiting for the last pieceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vault 20th Birthday CelebrationFoodforallDined on 9/10/2014We decided on the vault to celebrate my daughter's 20th birthday. We ended up in the actual Vault, which was really nice and private for our occasion. The food was fantastic, I had the Steelhead Salmon filet with a pineapple mango salsa, which created a lovely taste explosion on my taste buds, very good indeed. The service was fantastic, and it is a definite must try to anyone wanting a special place to celebrate an occasion or to have an intimate dinner for 2.Special Features:
- Great RibsLarrykDined on 9/8/2014Excellent service, Great ribs and seafood hotpot. Will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wild salmonfareladyDined on 9/7/2014We were very disappointed that the salmon they serve is not wild salmon but farm raised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StefanieClassyladyDined on 9/6/2014Great food, wonderful service and fun atmosphere. It's hard to get a propper blue rare steak in most places, but this one was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food and DrinkfedandfullDined on 9/6/2014We recently visited the restaurant for our anniversary. The food was astonishingly good. We have never had a bad meal here. There was a woman singing and playing the guitar who was great too. We will be back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The VaultOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014A comfortable casual experience of fine dining. excellent food and a great environment for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome placejenniemDined on 8/29/2014Would go back anytime, service was great everything but the calamari was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The food is great but the selection is not too large. Love the chicken, salmon, and their steak. Their short ribs are their signature item and are delicious. Live music when we were there on a Friday. The atmosphere is relaxed, dim lighting and spacious comfortable chairs & tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not the sameOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014We hadn't been for a while and it wasn't the same place. A couple of our favourite dishes were no longer on the menu and the ones we did choose were average at best. The service was ok but our drinks were empty for 10 minutes or so as we didn't see our server for a while. The place was half empty which I thought was unusual for 7:00 on a Friday night. You used to have to book well in advance for a table at that time, a sign that it wasn't the Vault I remember.
- what NO Ahi / Albacore TunaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014We brought out of town guests to the Vault. We raved about the Ahi / Albacore Tuna only to find it was off the menu. Disappointed!!!!!! We still had a great dinner. Then raved about the best peanut butter pie ever...... to my disappointment is was not the same pie as I have had in the past. The service was great will be back however will definitely call ahead to check about the Tuna.Special Features:
- Definitely a favoriteDeliciosoVIPDined on 8/23/2014Have been going to The Vault ever since it opened. The menu selection is excellent, food is delicious and quality. Love the decor and ambiance. GREAT value on wine and martinis on the evenings specials are offered.Special Features:
- Very NiceLangleyFoodieDined on 8/21/2014A regular visit is a must!! Can't wait until the next one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EatatsixDined on 8/17/2014We went on Sunday early evening so it was a little ouiet but started to get busier as we left. Good food well prepared. We will go again. My daughter in laws favorite place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Was recommended by friends and didn't disappoint Service was just right and the seafood hotpot was delicious Wife suggests grilling the prawns with the Thursday steak specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingDisappointedDined on 8/13/2014We were very disappointed with the menu options available. Having been to this restaurant before, we were looking forward to an enjoyable dinner. However, the menu has now changed to serve mostly seafood, which in our case is not why we came to this restaurant. I ordered the ravioli which to my surprise came with cold asparagus on top. My husbands halibut was fresh but the seasonal vegetables were mushy. The lettuce wraps were served with very small pieces of lettuce - hard to create a wrap. The servers were nice, however we waited for almost an hour before getting any of our appetizers. Seriously, will be a long time before returning to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Fantastic FindClarke604Dined on 8/10/2014Fantasy find in old cloverdale... We were looking for something other than the tired chain restaurants in the cloverdale/Langley area. From the outside it doesn't look like much but the inside is fun and eclectic. The staff was great. The food was fantastic "upscale comfort food". 2 cocktails to start, an appie, a salad, 2 drinks with dinner and 2 after dinner cocktails and our bill was only $110. The seafood pasta was the best I've had in along time and the chicken breast with mushroom was decadent home cooking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best local restaurantTechsluv2eat2Dined on 8/7/2014It's great to have such a fabulous local place to dine during the week or the weekend. We love the food and the experience of sitting in the vault is amazing! Love the history of the place!Special Features:
- Great Seafood PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/5/2014One of our favorite places for special occasions like BirthdaysSpecial Features: