5764 176th Street
Surrey, BC V3S 4C8Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.vaultrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (604) 576-4243
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch 7 days a week: 11:00am - 3:00pm Drinks & Snacks daily from 3:00pm - 4:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Gerry Togonon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment 3-4 nights a week. Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Jazz or Blues.
- Special Events: 33% off Wines by the Glass every Tuesday. Discounted Martinis every Wednesday Thursday is HotRod Night with Steak & Alaskan Crab $27.99 and cheap cocktails!
A word from Vault Restaurant
Standing out like a fresh tattoo on a burly forearm, The Vault Restaurant serves mouth-watering martinis, delicious wines and fabulous food. Once inside, you will be greeted by an eclectic, lively room, a diverse menu and tantalizing cocktails, including “the best Caesar in town.” First built in 1948, The Vault retains many of its original features, including the concrete bank vault. Outside the private vault, guests are seated in the restaurant’s lounge or dining room, surrounded by an eclectic décor, including bicycle frames, ornate mirrors, and a female statue residing above the bar! The funky style combined with live jazz or blues music and you’ve got yourself a hip and quirky restaurant, with a cool, laissez-faire vibe. The Vault’s diverse menu features Northwest cuisine, offering dishes that are simple, yet rich in flavour.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerNorthwest
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Vault Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Surrey ›
Vault Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
117 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (85)special occasion (69)fit for foodies (51)good for groups (50)romantic (32)hot spot (22)great for lunch (17)notable wine list (16)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- A yummy meal every timeSlootsDined on 11/21/2014Always a great meal! The mussels are to die for. Service sometimes can be slow, sat 10 minutes before I was greeted by our server. Overall would be back, great for a date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at the VaultOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014I had lunch with a friend the other day. The waitress (sorry I don't have her name) was lovely, polite and prompt. I had the Vault burger and it was fantastic. I'm not usually a big eater, but I finished every last bite. Excellent meal and atmosphere. It was a bit cold in the restaurant and I noticed that most of the clientele had their sweaters and jackets on. Other than that I was very happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem in CloverdaleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014The Vault Restaurant is a hidden gem tucked away on one of the Main streets of Cloverdale. Good food, great service and warm cozy ambience will greet you every time you enter. Memorabilia from days gone by will entertain you and spark table conversation before during and after you enjoy your delicious meal and liquid refreshments !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisy for our likingEsalitaDined on 11/15/2014We frequent the Vault, usually because we have a coupon :) we are always greeted at the door which makes us feel welcome, our service was fantastic and our server knew her menu and made great recommendations. I started with the soup of the day, made fresh, cream of mushroom, it was absolutely amazing, full of tender mushrooms and not to heavy on the cream, likely more more of a broth base. We find the soups here are always fantastic! $5 for a small bowl is reasonable. We also had the Caesar salad is traditional and also very good but quite small with lots of croutons and for the size not great value we thought. We enjoyed the special which was a prime rib steak, a little on the pricey side but tender and flavourful and the cajun red snapper which was amazing, a lighter dish and so full of flavour and reasonably priced. We do find the restaurant a little cold, both atmosphere and temperature, the one wall is concrete and maybe that's why. and the noise level is always too much for us. We had an early dinner, beginning at 5:15 and by the time we left it was way too noisy. None the less, we'll likely go back, we always do!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014This was our 3rd or 4th time at this restaurant. It had always been good, but this time we found it to be VERY good. We were pleasantly surprised by how much more we enjoyed this time than previously. They have a guy playing guitar who is very good and not too loud but we were sitting a little to close as we were with friends we hadn't seen for months so it was a tiny bit too loud for us given we were wanting to visit. But all in all our best evening there yet!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outGr8tniteDined on 11/8/2014Really enjoyed the ambiance and the food! The ahi ahi tuna was amazing! Drinks were great, would recommend the Caesar. Hope to be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful atmosphereTheNeufeldsDined on 11/7/2014Our even started with delicious smoked salmon and got better from there. I had "fall off the bone" juicy short ribs and my wife had a 7 ounce steak. I was lucky enough that she shared because it was also cooked to perfection! The atmosphere is vintage and calming. The service was friendly and prompt and we felt like we mattered. My only complaint would be that it is a it tight for space; your sitting very close to those around you. Over all, I would recommend The Vault to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Food was very good and so was the service. There is such a buzz going on it makes it loud and certainly not romantic unless you are in the vault. Although have never yet experienced it. Seems like a hot spot for everyone. It being small makes for it being louder because of the tables being close together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date with my husband!SamsonDined on 10/26/2014We are foodies and have been to The Vault before. The food and service are consistently excellent. On this particular evening the special was Ahi Tuna and Salmon with Lobster sauce. It sounded far too rich but was in fact a tasty combination. The salmon had the right firmness and the tuna had just the right sear. The whole experience was exactly what we wanted.Special Features:
- Great as always!NummyDined on 10/22/2014We have been to The Vault a few times now, and every time we are delighted with our food, drinks, service, and the eclectic ambiance of the restaurant. Our most recent visit was to celebrate our 20th anniversary, so just the two of us were there. However, we have been to The Vault as a small group (of 4) and a large group (of 24).........regardless of the size of the group, the food is always high quality!Special Features:
- Good but lack of attentionStormDined on 10/22/2014Had a great dinner, food was excellent but found the service slow and inattentive. Will still go back and try it again, may have just been an off night as we have been there before and all was good.
- Good find in CloverdaleBiztravellerDined on 10/18/2014Fun decor, live music, and good food. It is difficult to find good restaurants in the valley, Vault is a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambienceSquishyDined on 10/18/2014I went to the Vault with a girlfriend. It's pretty cool that you can make an online reservation. I was seated upon arrival. My server was very prompt, courteous & friendly. She immediately told us the daily specials of wines & good. The music was intimate; overall it had a great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014The food was good however the noise level was high a casual type restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good again!DJKGVIPDined on 10/14/2014Lovely meal at the Vault- Great service from our server Jarica! Hope I have her name correct! They do a great steak and fantastic stuffed chicken breast. If you have not been--definately try it. Their continued special nights for drinks is a great option as well. Tuesday is always discounted wine...so worth a visit. They are also one of the only places that will easily book a group, and lost of great parking.Special Features:
- Never Disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2014Once again - Vault restaurant delivered an awesome meal with great service. Went there for a nice dinner with my husband and we ordered our "usual". The food was so tasty - it makes it impossible to try any other dishes. The chilli chicken to start (for both of us - because who wants to share!) and then I had the salmon (but with the cajun dressing & dill yogurt sauce) and husband had the chicken and wild mushroom farfelle. So tasty!!!Special Features:
- AwesomeMarty81Dined on 10/10/2014Over all good food and service! Been a few times and will be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerFoodfunDined on 10/10/2014The atmosphere was relaxed. Food was flavorful. Service friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit8thereDined on 10/8/2014We had a gift card for the Vault and finally got to go with another couple. We enjoyed the ambience and good, friendly service. Our food was great and I loved my rack of lamb! Couldn't believe how busy it was for a Wednesday evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mealsoutDined on 10/7/2014The fennel/apple slaw on top of the halibut/tuna entree was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very CoolDeedeeDined on 10/4/2014Loved the atmosphere, the food and the service. Didn't feel pressured to leave, didn't really want to leave....Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerLocalDined on 10/4/2014We had reservations and were given a table a reasonable distance from the music area as requested. We enjoyed an outstanding meal and wine and great service from our friendly server. The noise level was a bit high for fine dining and made conversation difficult periodically. We will go again for another special occasion.Special Features:
- Always great at The VaultBarbnDarrenDined on 10/3/2014Always great food, service and ambiance. The food was perfect as always, waitress was attentive and quick with service and the musician was fantasticSpecial Features:
- Birthday dinnerkierstenkatDined on 10/3/2014We went here for a girls night and to celebrate my moms birthday. Everything was fabulous from the wine to the dessert! The only thing that could have made it better is if they offered my mom a complimentary dessert or glass of wine since we were clearly celebrating her birthday and told our bartender, server and hostess this ahead of time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was mediocreUnsatisiedDined on 10/3/2014Had the flat iron steak medium, it was tough and chewy with a side of about 3 tiny vegetables. The bococinni salad was portioned for a child at 9.99 there was about 5 tiny little tomato slices with a small spot of bococinni on top. The mashed potatoes were great. We also had a side greens salad that was pretty much dry and looked and tasted like something from Ricky's, no love in that salad. The ambiance and service were great.Special Features:
- Simply delightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/30/2014We will return for sure. Tasty food and "just right" portions. The pace of service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food!JJ33Dined on 9/27/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meal this evening. The food was wonderful, so were the martini's. The waitress was friendly and accurate. We will be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014Steak was not as good as I have had at the Vault before. It was a little too chewy.Special Features:
- Fantasic food and musicmusicalfoodieDined on 9/19/2014Came here for a birthday dinner and it was fantastic, we had great service and our waitress was very friendly and polite. The food was excellent and nice and hot (which is a must for me) everything we had was to die for, went in hungry and came out very happy. The live music was a great bonus, I love live music and it was the perfect combination with a nice night out.Special Features:
- Consistently good!ABitPriceyVIPDined on 9/16/2014The Vault is a fantastic little spot that offers great food and a fun "downtown" feel without the drive downtown. Definitely put this place on your "to try" list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually very good...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Went to the Vault Sunday night for my birthday, as I am signed up for the free annual birthday meal. Was disappointed that the tuna was no longer on the menu, as that is always my favorite dish there! Started off sort of on the wrong foot from the start: no bread for the table,, and what was called a margarita was abysmal. Fake lime juice, tequila and soda water, with a salt rim, in a tall glass. Drank it anyways since I was so thirsty. I ordered the steak special for dinner, 7 oz strip with peppercorn demi. Was not disappointed in the steak, was cooked perfectly rare and they actually remembered to bring the horseradish, which many places forget, but couldn't believe that the green beans as a side still had all of the stems attached!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 70th aveTheShoppersDined on 9/14/2014Only downside was my pasts was luke warm, the prawns where hot so that means the pasts sat around waiting for the last pieceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vault 20th Birthday CelebrationFoodforallDined on 9/10/2014We decided on the vault to celebrate my daughter's 20th birthday. We ended up in the actual Vault, which was really nice and private for our occasion. The food was fantastic, I had the Steelhead Salmon filet with a pineapple mango salsa, which created a lovely taste explosion on my taste buds, very good indeed. The service was fantastic, and it is a definite must try to anyone wanting a special place to celebrate an occasion or to have an intimate dinner for 2.Special Features:
- Great RibsLarrykDined on 9/8/2014Excellent service, Great ribs and seafood hotpot. Will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wild salmonfareladyDined on 9/7/2014We were very disappointed that the salmon they serve is not wild salmon but farm raised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StefanieClassyladyDined on 9/6/2014Great food, wonderful service and fun atmosphere. It's hard to get a propper blue rare steak in most places, but this one was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food and DrinkfedandfullDined on 9/6/2014We recently visited the restaurant for our anniversary. The food was astonishingly good. We have never had a bad meal here. There was a woman singing and playing the guitar who was great too. We will be back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The VaultOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014A comfortable casual experience of fine dining. excellent food and a great environment for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome placejenniemDined on 8/29/2014Would go back anytime, service was great everything but the calamari was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The food is great but the selection is not too large. Love the chicken, salmon, and their steak. Their short ribs are their signature item and are delicious. Live music when we were there on a Friday. The atmosphere is relaxed, dim lighting and spacious comfortable chairs & tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.