5764 176th Street
Surrey, BC V3S 4C8Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.vaultrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (604) 576-4243
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch 7 days a week: 11:00am - 3:00pm Drinks & Snacks daily from 3:00pm - 4:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Gerry Togonon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment 3-4 nights a week. Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Jazz or Blues.
- Special Events: 33% off Wines by the Glass every Tuesday. Discounted Martinis every Wednesday Thursday is HotRod Night with Steak & Alaskan Crab $27.99 and cheap cocktails!
A word from Vault Restaurant
Standing out like a fresh tattoo on a burly forearm, The Vault Restaurant serves mouth-watering martinis, delicious wines and fabulous food. Once inside, you will be greeted by an eclectic, lively room, a diverse menu and tantalizing cocktails, including “the best Caesar in town.” First built in 1948, The Vault retains many of its original features, including the concrete bank vault. Outside the private vault, guests are seated in the restaurant’s lounge or dining room, surrounded by an eclectic décor, including bicycle frames, ornate mirrors, and a female statue residing above the bar! The funky style combined with live jazz or blues music and you’ve got yourself a hip and quirky restaurant, with a cool, laissez-faire vibe. The Vault’s diverse menu features Northwest cuisine, offering dishes that are simple, yet rich in flavour.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerNorthwest
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Vault Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Surrey ›
Vault Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
117 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (85)special occasion (69)fit for foodies (51)good for groups (50)romantic (32)hot spot (22)great for lunch (17)notable wine list (16)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- We love the Vault, it is closeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/31/2009We love the Vault, it is close to where we live. Nice to find a place in an out of the way area that serves such great food. We recommend this restaurant to people that we meet all the time. Busy place so you need to book early.Special Features:
- We booked this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/31/2009We booked this restaurant for six through what we thought was "Dining Vancouver", and when we arrived the server told us they do not participate in Dining Vancouver, although they did last year. What's the story with that. So we stayed, had a nice time, were treated to good service, and good food. But we paid the regular dining rates when we had anticipated it at the Dining Vancouver meal deal. What's the deal with that? If the are on the Dining Vancouver, where we found them, and not providing it, then it is a pretty poor situation. The place is great, it's just really unprofessional for a restaurant to not know where they are advertising and therefore, not living up to the advertising.Special Features:
- had a great time... reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/30/2009had a great time... really nice atomosphere and setting... really good service.Special Features:
- Will definately go again...haveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/30/2009Will definately go again...have recommended it to friends.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/28/2009We had a wonderful evening. Our waiter was outstanding - friendly, knowledgeable, efficient, smiling, helpful - I can't say enough about him. I don't come here often, but each time I have the food has been superb, and the overall experience definitely well worth the travel. What a great place in the middle of nowhere!!Special Features:
- First visit turned out toOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/25/2009First visit turned out to be pleasant. Food was very good, but wine list was limited. While our server was very helpful and friendly, could have been more attentive. Had to ask for things a couple times. Unique venue - good ambiance. Would go again and would recommend.Special Features:
- Food was excellent, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/24/2009Food was excellent, service was fast and they left us alone to enjoy ourselves. They were extremely busy but the service and food did not reflect that. We will definitely put the Vault at the top of our list.Special Features:
- We found the Vault from ourOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/23/2009We found the Vault from our Entertainment Book and loved the food, the mood and the service. We don't usually drive out of our way to go for dinner, but this restaurant is worth a 45 minute drive from time to time. The live music has been quality every time we go. Our table was served by a number of staff throughout the evening, and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- The food and service was great.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/12/2009The food and service was great. When I made the online reservation I mentioned that it was one of the ladies 60th birthday and asked for a candle or sparkler in a cupcake or something to recognize her birthday and nothing was done.......I don't know if they didn't get the note or just ignored it.Special Features:
- As with the Washington AvenueOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/11/2009As with the Washington Avenue Grill, we have no issues with the food or service, but they have put far too many tables in the space they have to squeeze more people in and you feel like you're on top of the people beside you. When you have to watch servers squeeze between tables, it ruins the mood. We would certainly return for the food, if the owners would remove some of the tables and give you some privacy.
- Very good dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/11/2009Very good dining experience. Food was excellent, service was great, and the atmosphere was just right. I took my wife out for a surprise dinner and we were both very pleased. I'll be back again.Special Features:
- Food varied pork tenderloinOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/10/2009Food varied pork tenderloin was good, mashed potatoes had texture of instant potatoes. Seafood penne, plenty of good seafood, couple empty mussel shells, too much sauce and penne.
- I really enjoyed my firstOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/4/2009I really enjoyed my first dining experience at The Vault. There is not much in the way of vegetarian options. I enjoyed the spinach and beet salad very much. I had a four cheese penne that I would not recommend (no flavour to the cream sauce and it was loaded with black pepper which I hate). I will go back to The Vault for drinks and appies. It's nice to finally have a trendy restaurant in my neighbourhood.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere, great liveOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/2/2009Great atmosphere, great live band. A spot to go to just for a drink and dessert or a whole meal. Could be a spot to rent out for a party or have a medium size party with a set menu. Has been a great spin off from the Washington Avenue Grill.Special Features:
- Even though there were largeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/27/2008Even though there were large groups, the restaurant handled them efficiently and there was no wait time for smaller groups.
- The Vault is the CloverdaleOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/23/2008The Vault is the Cloverdale version of the Washington Avenue Grill, except without the beachfront view and space. The food is fant-frickin-tastic - but the tables are a little close together. The prawns with sambuca fennel cream sauce is TO DIE FOR.....Special Features:
- The food was wonderful, myOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/22/2008The food was wonderful, my only complaint was that when we were seated we were practically on top of two other tables, there was no chance of having a quiet conversation as everyone would hear what you had to say. Fortunately we were able to move and so we enjoyed everything. It was also freezing inside and we did not warm up until we were almost done with our meals.
- we had the hot rod special,itOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/18/2008we had the hot rod special,it was delicious. The steak was perfecticly rare, the crab was firm,nice selection of veggies. better than THE KEG.Special Features:
- It was a bit drafty and coldOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/15/2008It was a bit drafty and cold where we were seated in the corner, but the waitress quickly moved us over into the middle area and it was better. But overall we found the restaurant a little bit cold. Otherwise, the food, the service and the drinks and the feel of the restaurant was very enjoyable. I enjoyed my birthday celebration with my girlfriend very much. I recommend it to my friends all the time.Special Features:
- This was our first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/14/2008This was our first visit to Vault, recommended by friends, and we found the food and service excellent...the roasted beet salad was amazing. We thought it was a bit crowded and noisy. We would recommend it and we will be back.Special Features:
- Very friendly and competentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/8/2008Very friendly and competent staff; good food. Perfect setting in many ways.Special Features:
- Great jazz music, deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/4/2008Great jazz music, delicious food and a great drink menu were a great combination for a fantastic date. Attentive and friendly staff and a great atmosphere definitely make it something memorable!Special Features:
- We have been to the VaultOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/27/2008We have been to the Vault Restaurant twice and both times the food and service were excellent! We recommend it to all our friends and co-workers!Special Features:
- disappointing, the last timeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/23/2008disappointing, the last time we were at The Vault it was quite good...it's sliding downhill...poor food, poor service. Each of us were unhappy with our meals, bland taste was the worst aspect....it looked good on the plate but had no culinery substance when eaten. The original chefs must have left.
- Went for my birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/20/2008Went for my birthday dinner and I LOVED it!!! Food was amazing and the service was wonderful. I will recommend to everyone! Thanks!!Special Features:
- Great appys and entrees butOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/14/2008Great appys and entrees but the dessert menu is limited. Service was too fast. No time to finish the appys before the entree was served. If you are wanting to have dinner before the movie, this is the place to go - in and out in 1-1/2 hours including appys and dessert.
- Excellent service by our serverOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/11/2008Excellent service by our server and other staff but especially our server, food was great. would recommend to friends and we will be back. ThanksSpecial Features:
- While the food was decentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/9/2008While the food was decent and unique to the neighbourhood, the decor looked like Fat Albert threw up and the 19 year old waitresses were inept at their jobs. It was also very loud and so cold that every patron had to keep their coats on. I had high hopes for this restaurant, but I'm sorry to say that I won't be back.
- The Vault is one of our Favorites.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/6/2008The Vault is one of our Favorites. Great Food. Terrific Service - Staff Knowledgeable and there is a great AmbianceSpecial Features:
- Sorry to sound harsh but theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/2/2008Sorry to sound harsh but the junky looking clutter and tacky decor had me worried something was going to fall from the rafters like fake bird droppings from the fake birds. Maybe more suitable decor for kid parties. Food was excellent the first time we went (sat by the window, which was a more pleasing location.) This time we didn't have as pleasant an experience. The food was served very quickly but was nearly cold. Very loud, auditorium like. Sorry, we're not usually fussy but the cost of our entrees gave us the expectation of a better experience. And yes, friends are always asking us for restaurant recommendations.Special Features:
- We were 4 ladies going outOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/25/2008We were 4 ladies going out to celebrate a friend's birthday - the greeting was welcoming and our service was excellent The menu covered all tastes and proved to be a challenge to pick one We shared a beet salad and salad rolls to start and both were great and enough for an appy Our dinners were the rack of Lamb, Pork Tenderloin, Mushroom and Chicken Farfalle and the Seafood Penne the penne was disappointing but the other dishes were wonderful A shared Tiramasu was presented with a sparkler for our birthday girl and our Server sang a beautiful operatic rendition of happy birthday in Italian...she was amazing and the entire restaurant stopped to listen... this topped off a delightful evening Thank you LyndaSpecial Features:
- Food was good, but not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/25/2008Food was good, but not great. On the pricy side for what you get. Tables to close together.
- Was great meal. We were atOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/25/2008Was great meal. We were at early sitting so was quite when we arrived but a few large groups arrived so noise level was quite abit. Food was excellant as was the service we received.
- The Vault is a nice surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/22/2008The Vault is a nice surprise for sleepy little Cloverdale. At long last we have a great restaurant in town aside from fast food joints, pubs, and pizza joints. The service is attentive without being an in your face bother. The food is beyond delicious. We have been there three time in the last year and have decided that this is our favourite place to dine bar none. Foto & JohnSpecial Features:
- Always a great time! The foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2008Always a great time! The food is fabulous and service to match. We'll be back soon!Special Features:
- This was our first visit andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/16/2008This was our first visit and we really enjoyed it. We will be back in the futureSpecial Features:
- This is my third time at theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/16/2008This is my third time at the Vault and again another amazing Experience. My Husband and I ordered the steak and alaskan crab legs on a Thursday night for $24.99. It was the best meal we have had there so far. Keep up the great work !Special Features:
- We enjoyed the Vault, butOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/16/2008We enjoyed the Vault, but for the prices, the food could have been better. The service was good and the Blues player was excellent.It was a comfortable atmosphere.Special Features:
- Gem of a restaurant nestledOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/11/2008Gem of a restaurant nestled in the quiet community of Cloverdale. Always good food and good service. What more is there.Special Features:
- Its a neat different placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/7/2008Its a neat different place to go in Cloverdale. Menu & decor is different & intriquing.Special Features: