5764 176th Street
Surrey, BC V3S 4C8Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.vaultrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6045764243
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch 7 days a week: 11:00am - 3:00pm Drinks & Snacks daily from 3:00pm - 4:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Gerry Togonon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment 3-4 nights a week. Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Jazz or Blues.
- Special Events: 33% off Wines by the Glass every Tuesday. Discounted Martinis every Wednesday Thursday is HotRod Night with Steak & Alaskan Crab $27.99 and cheap cocktails!
A word from Vault Restaurant
Standing out like a fresh tattoo on a burly forearm, The Vault Restaurant serves mouth-watering martinis, delicious wines and fabulous food. Once inside, you will be greeted by an eclectic, lively room, a diverse menu and tantalizing cocktails, including “the best Caesar in town.” First built in 1948, The Vault retains many of its original features, including the concrete bank vault. Outside the private vault, guests are seated in the restaurant’s lounge or dining room, surrounded by an eclectic décor, including bicycle frames, ornate mirrors, and a female statue residing above the bar! The funky style combined with live jazz or blues music and you’ve got yourself a hip and quirky restaurant, with a cool, laissez-faire vibe. The Vault’s diverse menu features Northwest cuisine, offering dishes that are simple, yet rich in flavour.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNorthwest
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Vault Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Surrey ›
Vault Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (86)special occasion (71)good for groups (50)fit for foodies (39)romantic (21)great for lunch (20)hot spot (20)notable wine list (15)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- EatatsixDined on 8/17/2014We went on Sunday early evening so it was a little ouiet but started to get busier as we left. Good food well prepared. We will go again. My daughter in laws favorite place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Was recommended by friends and didn't disappoint Service was just right and the seafood hotpot was delicious Wife suggests grilling the prawns with the Thursday steak specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingDisappointedDined on 8/13/2014We were very disappointed with the menu options available. Having been to this restaurant before, we were looking forward to an enjoyable dinner. However, the menu has now changed to serve mostly seafood, which in our case is not why we came to this restaurant. I ordered the ravioli which to my surprise came with cold asparagus on top. My husbands halibut was fresh but the seasonal vegetables were mushy. The lettuce wraps were served with very small pieces of lettuce - hard to create a wrap. The servers were nice, however we waited for almost an hour before getting any of our appetizers. Seriously, will be a long time before returning to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Fantastic FindClarke604Dined on 8/10/2014Fantasy find in old cloverdale... We were looking for something other than the tired chain restaurants in the cloverdale/Langley area. From the outside it doesn't look like much but the inside is fun and eclectic. The staff was great. The food was fantastic "upscale comfort food". 2 cocktails to start, an appie, a salad, 2 drinks with dinner and 2 after dinner cocktails and our bill was only $110. The seafood pasta was the best I've had in along time and the chicken breast with mushroom was decadent home cooking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best local restaurantTechsluv2eat2Dined on 8/7/2014It's great to have such a fabulous local place to dine during the week or the weekend. We love the food and the experience of sitting in the vault is amazing! Love the history of the place!Special Features:
- Great Seafood PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/5/2014One of our favorite places for special occasions like BirthdaysSpecial Features:
- mamabearDined on 7/31/2014We have been there a no. of times and have not been disappointed.Special Features:
- To always go back!GingerSnapDined on 7/30/2014Always love going here - never dissatisfied! Great Food - Great Service - Great Times!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014Great food, great service! The short ribs in bourbon sauce were delicious and fall-apart tender. The wait staff were friendly and provided excellent service. Will definitely come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mealsoutDined on 7/29/2014Rack of lamb was VERY fatty-had a side plate filled with fat trimmings-not a pretty sightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMarlyDined on 7/29/2014Very good food, friendly staff, fast service, good wine. The beef short ribs were excellent, garlic mashed potatoes were so good.Special Features:
- Liquor prices and menuPdorkDined on 7/28/2014Your prices were higher than the norm. Very small menu selectionSpecial Features:
- SassyDined on 7/28/2014Had a great visit with friends that had never been to the Vault before. They loved everything about it...even the crows! Food was fantastic and it was a great evening .Thanks to the Bank.Special Features:
- Great serviceCloverdazeDined on 7/27/2014We celebrated a birthday with friends and thoroughly enjoyed the wait staff and delicious food. Thank you from a couple of former bankers - the old vault was interesting as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre experienceLincoDined on 7/26/2014It was my first time at The Vault and I doubt I will be back. The decor is kitschy, but comfortable. The service was very attentive and the live music when it began was a nice level; still allowed for talking. But the food was a disappointment. I had checked the online Menu before going and had my heart set on seared Ahi tuna, of which there was none on the menu! The beef carpaccio starter was tasty. For the main I ordered the Cajun halibut and prawns. The spices were way too heavy for a fish- totally overpowered it, and the accompanying lemon-dill yogurt was so strong on the lemon that it was bitter. The peanut butter cake for desert was good, but nothing special. All in all - mediocre. There are better places to go for a nice meal
- AS good as alwaysAlanDined on 7/23/2014I work near the Vault, so it is the perfect place to go for a special treat. I hadn't had the martini special before and really enjoyed "The Vault". We'll be back again soon.Special Features:
- Good foodMelGDined on 7/20/2014We have always enjoyed the vault. The food is consistently excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewdiningDined on 7/19/2014I brought my husband to The Vault to celebrate his birthday. We have been to The Vault many times before. The food that we ordered was served lukewarm bordering on cold. My husband and I won't be returning.Special Features:
- Full price for half cookedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2014We are big fans of the Vault usually. We go there for many special occasions as well as the sister company the Wag in whiterock. Our last visit was a big let down. The menu has changed and is not as good as it use to be. My husband ordered steak medium and it was raw in the middle medium on the outside leaving the middle unedible and wasted. The halibut was way under cooked and jelly like textured. It was to be panko crusted and the crust was not crispy. The butter sauce lacking. The halibut should be opaque and flaky when cooked to perfection unlike the Vaults halibut which was grayish and jelly like more resembled a mushy piece of cod. To be fair they did comp the fish but a filet of fish had a higher standard than that piece of fish!
- Casual night outmarnieDined on 7/17/2014We decided to have a break from household chores and go to our local favourite - the Vault. Our server, Stass was great. The food was the same for my husband as he always has the Short rib dinner - very good, but predictable. A change of veggies would be a good thing. My dinner was the Seafood Penne - usually good but this one was very dry, not enough sauce and dried out "prawns" or just shrimp I think. And the fish had a distinct odor - not a good one. Anyway it was better than cooking my own meal. And why do they always try to shove you way in the back of the room when there are plenty of tables up front? AND, we had a reservation. We will continue to go to the Vault, but would love to see a few changes. Love the coupons.Special Features:
- double dateFroggyDined on 7/16/2014We frequent this establishment and are never disappointed. The steaks were amazing. The beef ribs were fork tender. The coconut curry prawns are always a favourite.....And ...of course, it is essential to finish with peanut butter pie.Special Features:
- LeprechaunDined on 7/16/2014Our first time, it was our anniversary. A bit pricey, but would recommend to family and friends, with the caveat that it's a bit pricey.Special Features:
- RonX2Dined on 7/16/2014We've been to the Vault many times for dinner and our meals have always been very good. This time was no exception. Make sure you have enough room for dessert as the chocolate peanut butter pie is to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surprize!MurchFoodieDined on 7/13/2014We recently moved to the area and asked Dan, our friend, for a recommend a restaurant to celebrate our son's 25th birthday. He immediately suggested The Vault where he and his family go for family occasions, he meets his buddies there and where his wife & he have date nights. Our first visit (definitely not the last). The food is perfect, service is attentive, not obtrusive and the eclectic collection of artifacts was entertaining.Special Features:
- Wend66Wend66Dined on 7/11/2014As a group there was not one person who was not impressed with bothe service and the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs a new menueOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/9/2014I love the Vault and WAG but am getting tired of the menu. It has been the same for the past 3 plus years. The ravioli special was tasteless and overly salty. The scallop and prawn salad was not overly exciting.
- PerfectAndreDined on 7/8/2014The Vault never fails us, we always request a particular table and they always accommodate us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!foodgasm1Dined on 7/6/2014The best food I've tasted in a long time. I was absolutely blown away! Will definitely be coming here every week :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as alwaysMgundersonDined on 7/4/2014Great food and service as always. Awesome live music. Table behind us was a large party that didn't mind bumping in to out table, knocking things over, so if we come back ill likely request a table against the wall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BipaDined on 7/4/2014could have had more vegetables. Food portions weren't as large as most restaurants today.Special Features:
- New DinersDBdinersDined on 7/3/2014We loved our evening. The food was amazing, our server was very attentive as well as personable and though the restaurant was busy, it was not noisy - we could hear ourselves think. We highly recommend The Vault and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday partyweggyDined on 6/29/2014This was our second time there.We were celebrating my kids' 19th birthday.As usual the food was awesome,service was great.All in all great experience.We will definetly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodshawnoDined on 6/28/2014Another very good experience at the Vault. Good food as always and service is just right, attentive but not overbearing.Special Features:
- PRRSWWDined on 6/27/2014I have visited this restraurant twice for lunch with a very special group of ladies and the food has always been really tasty, the service perfect, a great location and very nice decor! I look forward to my next visit! Thank you!Special Features:
- mealsoutDined on 6/26/2014Can't do anything about the coziness with your neighbours due to the physical size of the space-- BUT really don't like "sharing" their social plans or problems at work-this is especially at the "middle tables" where just some grating separates you. Have to remember next time to request a table not in this location! The surf/turf special was excellent as was the halibut-a little scarce on the veggies though-2 slices of zuccini and a baby carrot:-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to beBTluvvaultDined on 6/24/2014We have gone to The Vault for years but the last few times it just has not been what it used to be and that may be reflected on the restaurant being as slow as we had ever seen it on a Tuesday night. We ordered our wine and dinner, the wine came along with the bread which was not totally fresh and immediatly after our dinner. I don't know that 5 minutes had passed from the time we ordered until the meal arrived which was way too quick and did not give us a dining experience but rather a drive through experience. My husband hat the Shortribs which were very good as always and I ventured to have the Kaluah Prawns and I was very disappointed as the menu says 'Tiger' prawns well they were the small prawns so nothing fantastic for the price.
- fussywussyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/18/2014My guest is a picky eater ( no seafood) but she raved about the short ribs and I enjoyed the tiger prawns but found the rice too bland. The service was friendly and attentive, the food was fresh-tasting and attractively served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly and FunCelebratingDined on 6/16/2014The service was great. Friendly and fun staff. We enjoyed our food, nice presentation and very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Been a while that we've gone to a new restaurant that everybody in th group was impressede with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Servicejimmyjames604Dined on 6/15/2014A hidden gem in the heart of Cloverdale. Great food followed by amazing service. My wife and i experienced a nice romantic dinner that left us both satisfied, will be visiting again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.