5764 176th Street
Surrey, BC V3S 4C8Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.vaultrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6045764243
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch 7 days a week: 11:00am - 3:00pm Drinks & Snacks daily from 3:00pm - 4:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Gerry Togonon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment 3-4 nights a week. Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Jazz or Blues.
- Special Events: 33% off Wines by the Glass every Tuesday. Discounted Martinis every Wednesday Thursday is HotRod Night with Steak & Alaskan Crab $27.99 and cheap cocktails!
A word from Vault Restaurant
Standing out like a fresh tattoo on a burly forearm, The Vault Restaurant serves mouth-watering martinis, delicious wines and fabulous food. Once inside, you will be greeted by an eclectic, lively room, a diverse menu and tantalizing cocktails, including “the best Caesar in town.” First built in 1948, The Vault retains many of its original features, including the concrete bank vault. Outside the private vault, guests are seated in the restaurant’s lounge or dining room, surrounded by an eclectic décor, including bicycle frames, ornate mirrors, and a female statue residing above the bar! The funky style combined with live jazz or blues music and you’ve got yourself a hip and quirky restaurant, with a cool, laissez-faire vibe. The Vault’s diverse menu features Northwest cuisine, offering dishes that are simple, yet rich in flavour.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerNorthwest
Vault Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Surrey ›
Vault Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (82)special occasion (64)good for groups (48)fit for foodies (38)romantic (28)hot spot (24)great for lunch (20)notable wine list (16)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Fantasic food and musicOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Came here for a birthday dinner and it was fantastic, we had great service and our waitress was very friendly and polite. The food was excellent and nice and hot (which is a must for me) everything we had was to die for, went in hungry and came out very happy. The live music was a great bonus, I love live music and it was the perfect combination with a nice night out.Special Features:
- Consistently good!ABitPriceyVIPDined on 9/16/2014The Vault is a fantastic little spot that offers great food and a fun "downtown" feel without the drive downtown. Definitely put this place on your "to try" list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually very good...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Went to the Vault Sunday night for my birthday, as I am signed up for the free annual birthday meal. Was disappointed that the tuna was no longer on the menu, as that is always my favorite dish there! Started off sort of on the wrong foot from the start: no bread for the table,, and what was called a margarita was abysmal. Fake lime juice, tequila and soda water, with a salt rim, in a tall glass. Drank it anyways since I was so thirsty. I ordered the steak special for dinner, 7 oz strip with peppercorn demi. Was not disappointed in the steak, was cooked perfectly rare and they actually remembered to bring the horseradish, which many places forget, but couldn't believe that the green beans as a side still had all of the stems attached!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 70th aveTheShoppersDined on 9/14/2014Only downside was my pasts was luke warm, the prawns where hot so that means the pasts sat around waiting for the last pieceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RibsLarrykDined on 9/8/2014Excellent service, Great ribs and seafood hotpot. Will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wild salmonfareladyDined on 9/7/2014We were very disappointed that the salmon they serve is not wild salmon but farm raised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StefanieClassyladyDined on 9/6/2014Great food, wonderful service and fun atmosphere. It's hard to get a propper blue rare steak in most places, but this one was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food and DrinkfedandfullDined on 9/6/2014We recently visited the restaurant for our anniversary. The food was astonishingly good. We have never had a bad meal here. There was a woman singing and playing the guitar who was great too. We will be back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The VaultOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014A comfortable casual experience of fine dining. excellent food and a great environment for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome placejenniemDined on 8/29/2014Would go back anytime, service was great everything but the calamari was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The food is great but the selection is not too large. Love the chicken, salmon, and their steak. Their short ribs are their signature item and are delicious. Live music when we were there on a Friday. The atmosphere is relaxed, dim lighting and spacious comfortable chairs & tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not the sameOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014We hadn't been for a while and it wasn't the same place. A couple of our favourite dishes were no longer on the menu and the ones we did choose were average at best. The service was ok but our drinks were empty for 10 minutes or so as we didn't see our server for a while. The place was half empty which I thought was unusual for 7:00 on a Friday night. You used to have to book well in advance for a table at that time, a sign that it wasn't the Vault I remember.
- what NO Ahi / Albacore TunaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014We brought out of town guests to the Vault. We raved about the Ahi / Albacore Tuna only to find it was off the menu. Disappointed!!!!!! We still had a great dinner. Then raved about the best peanut butter pie ever...... to my disappointment is was not the same pie as I have had in the past. The service was great will be back however will definitely call ahead to check about the Tuna.Special Features:
- Definitely a favoriteDeliciosoVIPDined on 8/23/2014Have been going to The Vault ever since it opened. The menu selection is excellent, food is delicious and quality. Love the decor and ambiance. GREAT value on wine and martinis on the evenings specials are offered.Special Features:
- Very NiceLangleyFoodieDined on 8/21/2014A regular visit is a must!! Can't wait until the next one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EatatsixDined on 8/17/2014We went on Sunday early evening so it was a little ouiet but started to get busier as we left. Good food well prepared. We will go again. My daughter in laws favorite place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Was recommended by friends and didn't disappoint Service was just right and the seafood hotpot was delicious Wife suggests grilling the prawns with the Thursday steak specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingDisappointedDined on 8/13/2014We were very disappointed with the menu options available. Having been to this restaurant before, we were looking forward to an enjoyable dinner. However, the menu has now changed to serve mostly seafood, which in our case is not why we came to this restaurant. I ordered the ravioli which to my surprise came with cold asparagus on top. My husbands halibut was fresh but the seasonal vegetables were mushy. The lettuce wraps were served with very small pieces of lettuce - hard to create a wrap. The servers were nice, however we waited for almost an hour before getting any of our appetizers. Seriously, will be a long time before returning to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Fantastic FindClarke604Dined on 8/10/2014Fantasy find in old cloverdale... We were looking for something other than the tired chain restaurants in the cloverdale/Langley area. From the outside it doesn't look like much but the inside is fun and eclectic. The staff was great. The food was fantastic "upscale comfort food". 2 cocktails to start, an appie, a salad, 2 drinks with dinner and 2 after dinner cocktails and our bill was only $110. The seafood pasta was the best I've had in along time and the chicken breast with mushroom was decadent home cooking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best local restaurantTechsluv2eat2Dined on 8/7/2014It's great to have such a fabulous local place to dine during the week or the weekend. We love the food and the experience of sitting in the vault is amazing! Love the history of the place!Special Features:
- Great Seafood PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/5/2014One of our favorite places for special occasions like BirthdaysSpecial Features:
- mamabearDined on 7/31/2014We have been there a no. of times and have not been disappointed.Special Features:
- To always go back!GingerSnapDined on 7/30/2014Always love going here - never dissatisfied! Great Food - Great Service - Great Times!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014Great food, great service! The short ribs in bourbon sauce were delicious and fall-apart tender. The wait staff were friendly and provided excellent service. Will definitely come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mealsoutDined on 7/29/2014Rack of lamb was VERY fatty-had a side plate filled with fat trimmings-not a pretty sightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMarlyDined on 7/29/2014Very good food, friendly staff, fast service, good wine. The beef short ribs were excellent, garlic mashed potatoes were so good.Special Features:
- Liquor prices and menuPdorkDined on 7/28/2014Your prices were higher than the norm. Very small menu selectionSpecial Features:
- SassyDined on 7/28/2014Had a great visit with friends that had never been to the Vault before. They loved everything about it...even the crows! Food was fantastic and it was a great evening .Thanks to the Bank.Special Features:
- Great serviceCloverdazeDined on 7/27/2014We celebrated a birthday with friends and thoroughly enjoyed the wait staff and delicious food. Thank you from a couple of former bankers - the old vault was interesting as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre experienceLincoDined on 7/26/2014It was my first time at The Vault and I doubt I will be back. The decor is kitschy, but comfortable. The service was very attentive and the live music when it began was a nice level; still allowed for talking. But the food was a disappointment. I had checked the online Menu before going and had my heart set on seared Ahi tuna, of which there was none on the menu! The beef carpaccio starter was tasty. For the main I ordered the Cajun halibut and prawns. The spices were way too heavy for a fish- totally overpowered it, and the accompanying lemon-dill yogurt was so strong on the lemon that it was bitter. The peanut butter cake for desert was good, but nothing special. All in all - mediocre. There are better places to go for a nice meal
- AS good as alwaysAlanDined on 7/23/2014I work near the Vault, so it is the perfect place to go for a special treat. I hadn't had the martini special before and really enjoyed "The Vault". We'll be back again soon.Special Features:
- Good foodMelGDined on 7/20/2014We have always enjoyed the vault. The food is consistently excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewdiningDined on 7/19/2014I brought my husband to The Vault to celebrate his birthday. We have been to The Vault many times before. The food that we ordered was served lukewarm bordering on cold. My husband and I won't be returning.Special Features:
- Full price for half cookedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2014We are big fans of the Vault usually. We go there for many special occasions as well as the sister company the Wag in whiterock. Our last visit was a big let down. The menu has changed and is not as good as it use to be. My husband ordered steak medium and it was raw in the middle medium on the outside leaving the middle unedible and wasted. The halibut was way under cooked and jelly like textured. It was to be panko crusted and the crust was not crispy. The butter sauce lacking. The halibut should be opaque and flaky when cooked to perfection unlike the Vaults halibut which was grayish and jelly like more resembled a mushy piece of cod. To be fair they did comp the fish but a filet of fish had a higher standard than that piece of fish!
- Casual night outmarnieDined on 7/17/2014We decided to have a break from household chores and go to our local favourite - the Vault. Our server, Stass was great. The food was the same for my husband as he always has the Short rib dinner - very good, but predictable. A change of veggies would be a good thing. My dinner was the Seafood Penne - usually good but this one was very dry, not enough sauce and dried out "prawns" or just shrimp I think. And the fish had a distinct odor - not a good one. Anyway it was better than cooking my own meal. And why do they always try to shove you way in the back of the room when there are plenty of tables up front? AND, we had a reservation. We will continue to go to the Vault, but would love to see a few changes. Love the coupons.Special Features:
- double dateFroggyDined on 7/16/2014We frequent this establishment and are never disappointed. The steaks were amazing. The beef ribs were fork tender. The coconut curry prawns are always a favourite.....And ...of course, it is essential to finish with peanut butter pie.Special Features:
- LeprechaunDined on 7/16/2014Our first time, it was our anniversary. A bit pricey, but would recommend to family and friends, with the caveat that it's a bit pricey.Special Features:
- RonX2Dined on 7/16/2014We've been to the Vault many times for dinner and our meals have always been very good. This time was no exception. Make sure you have enough room for dessert as the chocolate peanut butter pie is to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surprize!MurchFoodieDined on 7/13/2014We recently moved to the area and asked Dan, our friend, for a recommend a restaurant to celebrate our son's 25th birthday. He immediately suggested The Vault where he and his family go for family occasions, he meets his buddies there and where his wife & he have date nights. Our first visit (definitely not the last). The food is perfect, service is attentive, not obtrusive and the eclectic collection of artifacts was entertaining.Special Features:
- Wend66Wend66Dined on 7/11/2014As a group there was not one person who was not impressed with bothe service and the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.