108 Castro Street
Mountain View, CA 94041Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://vasoazzurro.com/
- Phone: 6509401717
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-F 11:30am-2:00pm
Dinner: Su-Th 5:00pm-9:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Hasan Yildiz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Vaso Azzurro
We are known for our authentic and fresh Northern Italian fare made daily with only the finest ingredients. With a variety of satisfying and unique dishes, we have something for every type of taste preferences. Our "feel at home" staff and intimate atmosphere filled with upscale Mediterranean decor makes us a great place to take a date or the whole family.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vaso Azzurro reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (26)great for outdoor dining (20)special occasion (14)good for groups (13)fit for foodies (13)romantic (8)great for lunch (5)late-night find (4)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)notable wine list (1)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Delicious!ChrisDined on 8/26/2014The food was fabulous and the service was wonderful, but the restaurant is very noisy, which is hard for the older and hard of hearing group.Special Features:
- Eh !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014I work on Castro and we had a new hire at our office, so we took the new hire to Vaso Azzurro for lunch because we heard they have great food. Yes, the food is great, but the service is poor. The waiter seemed bothered to have to wait on us. The food was good though. The waiter had to be asked 3 times to bring the final check to us. The first time he ignored me, the second time he pretended he didn't hear me and it took another waiter to practically raise his voice to him to get him to bring our check. It left me with a bad taste in my mouth. This restaurant is not cheap. If i'm going to pay that much for food, the service has to be top notch. I will not be returning to this restaurant.
- OutstandingEsmeraldaDined on 8/21/2014It was my first time at Vaso Assurro and the food was excellent, the service outstanding, we meet the owner that was very friendly, It was three of us and we all loved our food. I would recommend this restaurant for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pedestrian food over zealous waiterAllergy2peanutsDined on 8/14/2014Food was pedestrian and the service was over zealous. Finally had to tell the 4 th waiter to come up to us with the specials that I wanted to look at the menu. Way too noisy to have a conversation. Did take my allergy seriously.
- Charming neighborhood restaurantNum2NumDined on 8/14/2014Our dinner was quite enjoyable. The polenta starter was a delicious surprise with mushrooms and gorganzola. The veal piccata and chicken were good - loved the sauces. The staff are charming and warm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never returningFoodieDined on 8/8/2014Never going back. Completely disorganized. Sat at the bar for 15 minutes without ever being greeted. Never returning. Going out of my way to unrecommend this place to all my coworkers in mountain viewSpecial Features:
- A Good Restaurant in Mountain ViewRDB27Dined on 7/27/2014This was our second visit to Vaso Azzurro. We were celebrating an anniversary and were seated at our requested table. However, the food came much too fast. When it came, my veal was swimming in sauce, although it was tender. They sang to us and we were presented with a complimentary chocolate decadence dessert with a candle. Unfortunately, they forgot to credit us on our Open Table account, even though I gave them the copy of the reservation, which was returned to me. Since the restaurant was not that crowded, these problems could have been avoided with a little more attention to detail.Special Features:
- I Love Vaso AzzurroMelCDined on 7/19/2014Vaso Azzurro is one of the best Italian restaurants in S.F. bay area. Food is surprisingly delicious. We ordered Bruscetta Napoletana, Bocconcini Di Mozzarella Alla Caprese, Linguini Azzurro, and Carre Di Agnello. Carre Di Agnello is grilled lamb chops to desired temperature over shiitaki and green peas-risotto in a brandy cream demi-glaze sauce. Tender lamb chops with juicy risotto, I love it! Linguini Azzurro was full of mussels, big scallops, baby shrimps, clams. The dish was tasty. My friend ordered red wine, he liked it. I ordered mojito, tasted great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mixed feelingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/18/2014so yes it is a casual place and we don't expect outstanding food. However with the pricing of the entrees, I don't think we had for what we paid. My dish was good, however the pasta my ordered were very regular and the tomatoe sauce was not great.
- Good foodMarybelleanneVIPDined on 7/12/2014The food Vaso Azzurro is a cut above most Italian restaurants.Special Features:
- Slow friendly service, food greatlsusieDined on 6/26/2014We thought the servers were friendly and trying to please but fell short on getting meals to us because other groups were coming in. We left plenty of time but if you are in a rush, I would not recommend going there. The food was very good. I would go back becaude we go to events in the area but I would leave plenty of time to be patient with service.Special Features:
- Love the food service was too slowVishDined on 6/20/2014Food was great but the services was too slow from getting drinks, adding fir heater. I had to go and tell the server multiple times just get one thing.Special Features:
- Loved It!Love2eatDined on 6/11/2014Some of our dishes were delicious and some were so so. The services was, as always, outstanding! We sat for the first time outside. I have to say with the trains going by at regular intervals, it was too noisy for me. The ambiance and noise level is much better inside. We'll be definitely back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun TimesNewExperiencesDined on 6/7/2014The atmosphere is wonderful. You've got some musicians and a man singing authentic Italian tunes throughout the restaurant. The food was hit or miss. I think two people at our table loved their meals, the 4 others thought it was eh.Special Features:
- Great First ExperiencePVBuddyDined on 6/7/2014We ordered the salmon, flat iron steak, and two chicken dishes with a carpaccio appetizer. All were excellent. Service was a little spotty, our waiter seemed distracted. Clarinet and bass player by bthe bar played jazz standards softly and well.Special Features:
- Family Style ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/5/2014Family style Italian restaurant locating in downtown of mountain view. Great food and atmosphere as long as you don't mind the noise levelSpecial Features:
- Great find in Mountain ViewPeterVIPDined on 6/3/2014We eat out often and it's always nice to find an exceptionally good restaurant in a convenient location. We ended up all having the Salmon (I normally never order fish but wanted something light) all of us agreed it was one of the best meals. The coffee and desert were excellent and the wine list was very reasonable. All in all it's definitely a place we'll return to.Special Features:
- Italian ambianceVdayDinersDined on 5/26/2014We always enjoy the food and friendly service at Vaso. The staff is helpful at recommending dishes if you are vacillating between selections. The wine list is appropriate for the dishes and a reasonable value. Though the outdoor dining is on the street, it is a pleasant oplace to while away a summer evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so noisy and disruptivenothingfancyDined on 5/17/2014Owner is friendly. Waiters look cranky. When the wrong salad was brought out, the waiter questioned us then it took 15 minutes to get a Caesar. We asked for bread 3 times and were told it was baking even tho atleast 5 baskets came out before ours and it was cold. Really? The food was ok. Not worth the price and the online menu was so much lower than the actual. The freaky part was when this old lady came out and interrupted our dinner to gush over us and freak out my 92 year old mother by kissing her. Might be ok for regulars but we won't be back.Special Features:
- FOOD NIGHTiolavolaVIPDined on 5/16/2014We enjoyed the food very much and the service was really good. However, the owners were a little too visible, visiting tables and proclaiming "love." Just a little too much and it interferred with our dining somewhat. However, we will go there again and have been there before. Liked it then, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IsaacDined on 5/11/2014Mid level italian restaurant. Friendly stuffs but the food wasn't great.
- Singing owners!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014This is a great place for a date or special occasion dining. We love to go here. The owners are very nice and the staff is extra attentive. Often there is a two piece sax and base band playing Italian songs and the owners or staff love to join in and sing. Fun night for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 99 reviews are from the Vaso Azzurro reviews archive.
- Italy in Mountain View!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/27/2014Wonderful! And when you are there on a "special night" the owner is known to provide a great touch of entertainment, Italy brought to you......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shirlVIPDined on 4/27/2014another nice dining experience, although disappointed in the quality of the veal. unusual for me at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemDiningdiva24Dined on 4/27/2014Love the friendly service, the pretty atmosphere and tasty cocktails. The food is very good but oh so salty. Otherwise, a wonderful experience. Will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like Dining in Mama's HomeOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/25/2014The food was fantastic, and Mama came around frequently to make sure you enjoyed your meal and were getting everything you asked for. There was a tad bit of confusion when we arrived, as the earlier tables were lingering (so we had to wait about 15 minutes past our reservation). The hosts were very apologetic, and what's a few minutes when you'll be getting an outstanding dinner? My husband got the roast chicken special and I got the lamb chops. Both were cooked to perfection and absolutely to die for. The garlic/olive oil bread dip was delicious as well. Other customers were eager to share their favorite dishes with us (mushroom ravioli with pink sauce), and everyone was so friendly. It was our first visit there, it won't be our last.Special Features:
- Treated like royaltyHostingVisitorsDined on 4/24/2014My family of 6 went for a birthday dinner. We brought the 3 year old and ate at 7:00. Potentially not a good scenario as it's late for her. The staff went out of their way to take care of her (and so made our evening easier) and sang a lovely happy birthday to grandpa. We had some high-maintenance eaters (not including the toddler). One vegan and one gluten free patron in our group. It went well and everyone was happy.Special Features:
- Good food, but awful serviceBH212VIPDined on 4/11/2014My girlfriend and I went here for dinner on a Friday evening and left unimpressed, which is unfortunate in some respects because the food was very good. That said, the service rates among the worst I can remember. First, the waiter rushed to get our orders before we had time to look at the menu, even though the restaurant wasn't crowded and he was not overly busy. Second, the timing in serving our courses was horrendous - we ordered three courses and both the second and third course were brought to the table before we finished the prior course. Third, with each new course, the waiter failed to bring new silverware and was generally inattentive throughout the evening. The atmosphere is ok if you like live music, but I doubt we return.
- Great Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2014Our group of 6 enjoyed delicious food, outstanding service, lovely live jazz music and excellent desserts and after dinner drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is consistent, butSunnyvaleGDined on 4/4/2014The food is consistent, but what makes this restaurant are the owners and staff. They make you feel very welcome and almost guarantee you a good time..Special Features:
- Fun, Energetic Dinner ExperienceLilySDined on 4/4/2014The food at Vaso Azzurro is very good and the menu selection is excellent (something for everyone). I had the Seafood risotto, and it was fresh and delicious. I don't know if this happens every night, but I was dining on Friday night and there is live jazz music and lots of spontaneous singing (anniversaries, birthdays). The atmosphere was loud and fun; almost like dinner and a show. If you want a quiet, romantic dinner, this is not the spot for you.Special Features:
- Great food and the servicelilaVDined on 4/4/2014The food and service was excellent. I will recommend to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst experience in a restaurantRUTHYKVIPDined on 4/3/2014We had eaten there many times with good results. Last evening was a nightmare. Twice, before we had finished our dinner a waiter removed our silverware and bread. We had to recall them. The food for all of us was awful. My veal was like the sole of my shoe. The singer interrupted our conversation at least twice. It was as though all the staff was under a spell. Afraid to ever go back.
- Awesome!Jenwilli2Dined on 3/23/2014This was so much fun. We came for my moms bday and it was just perfect! Great service, Michael was amazing and funny. Such a talented singer also. We will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great service,Evita1VIPDined on 3/22/2014Good food, great service, will definitely return for more,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went with a small group afterElihuDined on 3/4/2014Went with a small group after reading favorable reviews on Yelp. Restaurant decor was nice, food was at best average for price, service was slow and inattentive. Seemed like the waiter had too many tables to cover, while a plethora of busboys stood around. There are too many good restaurants to waste time and money here.
- Food is good but expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/23/2014I requested for a birthday song for my 13yr old in the opentable reservation notes. It got completely ignored. The next table over did get a nice birthday rendition. May be they don't read the comments section from opentable:( Food is consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing experienceDeDeMDined on 2/16/2014I took some friends to Vaso Azzurro for dinner after having a relatively positive experience a couple months ago. Unfortunately, this time, the food was disappointing. The porcine crusted halibut was overcooked by the time it came to the table, and the flavoring was bland. The sauce was too thick and rich. The restaurant itself was very noisy, which isn't unusual. However, in an extremely noisy restaurant you wouldn't expect the maitre d' to jump up in the middle of dinner and bellow into a microphone. Even that would have been OK if he didn't think that he needed to sing loud enough to drown out conversation. I was embarrassed that I had suggested the place to my friends. I left the restaurant with a headache and indigestion.
- Valentine's Eve DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/13/2014Had a wonderful, reasonably priced dinner for two, and the wait staff was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we felt like honored guestsEllenBVIPDined on 2/8/2014everybody was warm and friendly. The food was delicious. But the best part was the singing maitre de!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.