509 Main Street
Paris, KY 40361Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vardensofparis.com/
- Phone: 8599874700
- Hours of Operation:
Bar: Tuesday - Saturday 3:00pm - 11:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Happy Hour in Bar - 4 to 7 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Cameron Irvin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let Varden’s catering staff create a menu as unique as you are. Call for a consultation, 859/ 987-4700.
- Private Party Facilities: Party at Varden"s
Surrounded by beautiful stained glass and rich Mahogany, Varden's makes a fabulous place for your next intimate party. Bridal lunches, Baby showers, Afternoon tea, Wine Tasting, private dinner and much more.
- Private Party Contact: Giya Hannigan 8599874700
- Entertainment: Live entertainment; check our events calendar.
- Special Events: Visit the Events Page at www.vardensofparis.com
A word from Varden's
Chef Cameron Irvin, fomerly of the Castle in Versailles will be unveiling his new menu. Come and experience a most unique blend of international cuisines, using the freshest Kentucky Proud products seasonally available. Along with the regular menu, Chef Irvin will also be featuring a selection of both appetizer and entree specials. The Bar & Patio at Varden's offer a wide variety of cocktails and feature a large selection of wines by the glass as well as a lighter menu for diners. Entertainment on the Patio at Varden's is on Friday & Saturday nights throughout the summer, & Saturday nights in the Lounge during the cooler months; bands start at 7 pm until play till 11.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Varden's reviews from OpenTable diners
- Just a lovely dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/13/2012Just a lovely dining experience! It was a refreshing change from the Lexington dining scene. Varden's dining has both grace and style which compliments how absolutely delicious everything is. Also, wait staff were especially attentive but never intrusive. We never felt hurried which made it very relaxing. Whenever I've come to Varden's, it makes for a special evening.Special Features:
- Don't miss Vardens!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2012A friend & I were in Paris KY for the Secretariat Festival & had the great good fortune to discover Vardens (thanks to a mutual friend who lives nearby). It is outstanding! - lovely decor, one of the most delightful outdoor dining areas ever, a wonderfully inventive & delicious menu, excellent musical entertainment, warm hospitality, convenient free parking right across the street. We HIGHLY recommend this restaurant! We definitely will be returning next time we're in the Lexington area!Special Features:
- The food meets the 3 L requirement,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2012The food meets the 3 L requirement, Light, Lively and Lovely. A great experience!Special Features:
- Quiet dinner on a Saturday night.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/2/2012There were only 3 other guests in the restaurant on a Saturday night so the place was very quiet and romantic. While my California Cobb salad had a nice presentation, it lacked avacado, and had chopped lunch meat instead of chicken breast strips. Our guests had the shrimp and grits and it was so spicy they could hardly eat it. My spouse had the chicken dish with mashed potatoes and greens and it was very good. The restaurant was out of my favorite wine but did their best to offer samples of substitutes. This was our second visit there and we will probably not go back.Special Features:
- Great food, hospatslity andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/8/2012Great food, hospatslity and location. Excellent menu and wine list.Special Features:
- Always GreatBeachwalkerDined on 2/22/2012Beautiful food presentation, attentive service, never disappoints.Special Features:
- Wonderful Valentine's Day EveningBeachwalkerDined on 2/14/2012Another great meal at Varden's. My husband enjoyed the duck very much. He was concerned it might be fatty, but it was quite lean and perfectly prepared. I had the Frutti di Mare. The seafood was fresh and the roasted pepper sauce just right. Our only complaint was that it was too much food and we stuffed ourselves right up to and including the Chocolate Fondant! A perfect Valentine's Day evening. We appreciate the atmosphere and the quiet but attentive service. We were able to have a romantic and intimate meal in the midst of a room full of people.Special Features:
- Everything about Varden'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011Everything about Varden's is first rate. I will be back and will not hesitate recommend Varden's.Special Features:
- New chef Javier is very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/5/2011New chef Javier is very good. In the process of changing over the menu to his signature dishes. Shrimp and grits was excellent, filet and reduction sauce outstanding but the pork tenderloin was slightly overdone however the sauce and polenta were great. Overall a tremendous upgrade over prior chef . We'll be back....often p.s. the strawberry martini dessert is fantastic !!!Special Features:
- The quail appetizer was aOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/15/2011The quail appetizer was a real treat. Onion soup was standard. The house salad was out of the box good. The lamb and chicken in regular good size portions (not small, not gigantic) were outstandingly good So was the strawberry dessert. We had a wonderful meal. Well worth going out of your way for.Special Features:
- Calamari salad was magnificent.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2011Calamari salad was magnificent. Service was flawless. Retro jazz & blues after dinner on the porch was the best "dessert." We will come again!!!Special Features:
- Why more people don't eatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2011Why more people don't eat here is a complete mystery to us. BEST MEAL WE HAVE HAVE IN QUITE SOME TIME. ABSOLUTE PERFECTION! We ate in an empty restaurant, but oh what a wonderful meal and what great service. Thanks for the great dining experience!
- This was our first time diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/17/2011This was our first time dining at Varden's but won't be the last! The food was excellent and the patio was perfect for a warm, summer Friday night. Enjoyed the entertainment on the patio also!Special Features:
- The Food is great and it isOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/4/2011The Food is great and it is wonderful to drive out from Lexington and a sunny evening.Special Features:
- The food at vardens is reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2011The food at vardens is really outstanding, especially for the price. I've paid twice as much for the same quality food, but that is what makes this place special. You don't leave the restaurant feeling cheated. The atmosphere has a very local vibe which would be really cool if you didn't feel like an outsider when your in from out of town. I would say the main thing lacking for me was the service. It's just ok and it takes a long tome to get your food. My husband and I are generally slow pace eaters especially in a place like this... But it was really slow. I still would go back though because the food is really delicious.Special Features:
- Gourmet food at a great priceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/7/2011The salads were delicious - mint yogurt dressing was light but not too sweet on romaine and candied nuts; the shrimp and grits was beyond delightful...not only wasd it served piping hot (which often does not happen,the shrimp were large,topped with fine crispy onions and the semi-sweet & spicy sauce was perfect. The portions were more than ample. The pork shop entree with applesauce on top and veggies was presented with a flair. The atmosphere is low key, quiet and service right on - not too slow, but not too fast...soft lighting and comfortable booths all alomg one side of the wall. The service is attentive, but not overpowering. Value for your dollar? Excellent:very reasonably priced compared to some establishments in the classSpecial Features:
- Great Place to GoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/18/2011Excellent meal! Many vegetarian AND meat options to choose from. Everything was great, and the prices are not bad at all. We will be going back!
- Great restaurant - serviceLanceVIPDined on 12/18/2010Great restaurant - service a little slow but the food makes up for it!!!Special Features:
- The food was excellent fromOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/24/2010The food was excellent from start to finish. The pricing of the food was most modest pricing I have come across for a restaurant that high of caliber. Varden's would be a great choice for anyone travelling through Paris, KY or living in the cities of Lexington, Cynthiana, Georgetown, or Winchester.Special Features:
- Varden's is by far one ofOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/18/2010Varden's is by far one of the best places I have eaten in a long time! The atmosphere was perfect for the celebration of my 14 year partnership especially with the low lighting and piano subtly playing in the back ground. The appetizer selection is simply divine and the taste; absolutely scrumptious! The menu selection was very classy and the selections we made were quite delectable. The service was exceptional. I have already mentioned my experience with several friends and plan to continue to share my enthusiasm of Varden's whenever someone asks me "Where's a good place to go for dinner?"Special Features:
- once again a wonderful diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/13/2010once again a wonderful dining experience. service was great and friendly....steve was welcoming as always.....fried green tomato entree was wonderful....husband who is hard to please on steak raved about how great it was......the chef is really just marvelous....will be going back this week just to enjoy again.....
- My first time at Varden'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/6/2010My first time at Varden's and my wife and I enjoyed the food, ambiance and great service. Will definitely return. The trout waw wonderful and the chocolate cheesecake could not have been better.Special Features:
- vardens menu was interesting,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/29/2010vardens menu was interesting, creative and so delicious!!!!its my favorite restaurant in the lexington areaSpecial Features:
- The food was delightful. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/29/2010The food was delightful. We had the shrimp and grits and the seafood special of the day. Both were very nicely prepared. The tables by the window allow people on the sidewalk to watch you eat, which we didn't enjoy. The was constant traffic walking by our table along with the talking didn't help ambience.
- We drove over to Paris overOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/12/2010We drove over to Paris over the weekend for our first time at Varden's. Overall the experience was delightful. My dinner partner's scallops were outstanding. They were cooked perfectly. I chose the crab cake special which was a little bit disappointing. One cake had the advertised mango salsa while the other had a tasteless sauce. Also, the crab meat was lower grade with too much filler. The flavor was good but the quality was not high and not what was advertised. We had the bittersweet truffles for desert and they were delicious. The service was outstanding and the ambiance was pleasing. I do recommend this restaurant but I would recommend ordering off the menu and ignoring the specials.Special Features:
- We were met with a personalOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/14/2010We were met with a personal greeting from one of the owners as he led us to our spot on recently-opened patio. Expertly made cocktails soon arrived, followed by a fresh salad with homemade blue cheese dressing and grilled bread. We tried the filet and fried chicken for the first time. Both were seasoned and cooked appropriately and were paired with fresh vegetables. Dessert was a refreshing bowl of strawberry sorbet. The chef visited each table of patrons to check on their experience. We recommend and feel confident if you visit, it will become a spot you frequent.Special Features:
- Varden's Bistro offers a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/24/2010Varden's Bistro offers a wonderful dining experience for those who love nice food with a southern flare. The atmosphere is fun and they offer a wonderful drink menu. The bar area is nice for a quick dinner and some cocktails and the dining room is nice for a date or dinner with some good friends. The new patio will be nice to enjoy a dinner outside once the weather gets a little warmer. I have had almost everything on the menu, and it is all delicious and memorable. If you are looking for somewhere new to dine this is the place to go!Special Features:
- Delightful for the eye...reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/19/2010Delightful for the eye...really a charmer and very nice staff. Their Monday night grill menu needs work, though. We had a hamburger....not a generous size; onion sticks on it were fried to rock hard and had no flavor; and the french fries were also overcooked and over-peppered. In addition, the beer cheese was so spiey that the menu should warn people about it. It's quite a setting: I hope they continue to work on their menu to improve the food quality. It was edible, but only just. I will go back to give it one more chance on a regular night.Special Features:
- Great food, wonderful serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/16/2010Great food, wonderful service and a beautiful setting. A real Triple Crown!