2171 Peachtree Road
Atlanta, GA 30309Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.varasanos.com/
- Phone: 4043528216
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 5:30pm to 10:00pm Friday 11:30am to 11pm Saturday 10:30am to 11pm Sunday 10:30am to 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jeffrey Varasano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
Varasano has followed pizza-making to an abnormal level of compulsion.” Chris Ladd – The New York Times
“The pizzas emerge from the oven puffed with blisters, speckled with char and as light as clouds.” John Kessler – The Atlanta Journal Constitution
“The Pie is that of a purist. It lives up to the hype and then some.” Tom Maicon – Atlanta Cuisine
Named one of the 14 Best New Restaurants by Atlanta Magazine & one of the Top 10 Restaurants of 2009 by Citysearch
Voted Best Pizza in Atlanta for 2009 by Jezebel Magazine
Voted Best Neapolitan Pizza by Atlanta Cuisine
Voted Best Pizza by Repeat Atlanta
Varasano’s website has attracted international attention as the most accurate and extensive online resource about gourmet pizza. There are currently over 20,000 links to his recipe making it Google’s #1 place for how to make pizza.
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
- My favorite pizza place in ATLOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014Always worth the visit, this is my hands down favorite pizza in Atlanta.Special Features:
- Great Place!JPK1Dined on 9/13/2014Our family really enjoyed this place. The staff was very nice. The food was great. The kids had a good time.Special Features:
- consistently good!SallyLouDined on 9/6/2014Consistently good food, service and wine. This is the only place we go for pizza!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Pizza I Know OfquazarDined on 8/24/2014As most people, I have had a lot of pizza over the years, and I have to say, Varasano's is the best pizza I have ever had. And I have even had pizza in several different countries when I lived in Europe. I think my current favorite is the Chica Bella (sp?), with sausage. Though, I'll take a simple Nana's pizza any time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bumpy Nightdiamondgirl59VIPDined on 8/23/2014We had a reservation. After waiting a long time to be greeted, we were shown to a table next to the bar & the main walkway. We asked to sit at an open, same size table along the wall and were initially told no. When we declined & prepared to leave, we were seated as requested. Our server was polite & efficient. The pizza and dessert were delicious! The Bruschetta was just ok. Unfortunately, three screaming toddlers and their inconsiderate parents made conversation and a relaxing meal impossible. I may order take-out from here but there are too many other places where I can enjoy my meal and feel that my business is appreciated.Special Features:
- my favorite pizza in town!cowgirlprincessDined on 8/15/2014oven-fired pizza is a bit ubiquitous these days, but varasano's is the best in my opinion. i prefer a slightly thinner, crispier, less doughey crust than some of the other places in town, and that's the standard here. no forks and knives, pick it up and eat it like you mean it. i love it! not in the mood for pizza? the salads are great and last time we were there, my daughter had the ziti with meatballs, which were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really really good.UpisDownVIPDined on 8/15/2014I ordered a Caesar salad, and a pizza with sausage and my meal was stellar. The wife ordered the Chicken Marsala and it was great. The restaurant was really busy but our waitress was cool. We will be going back and I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in the cityKhaluaverseVIPDined on 8/14/2014This pizza is the best in the city!! I love it!! I can't wait to come back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Total DisappointmentItalianManDined on 8/14/2014Someone needs to read and heed Jeff Varasano's own extensive comments on pizza dough. The dough on our pizzas lacked complexity, was soggy, and was so thin in the middle that it completely lacked body. It resembled one of the photos that Mr. Varasano uses to demonstrate what a failed pizza dough looks like. I had the margherita pizza with mozzarella di bufula. It had so much grated parmagiano on it (Why any? Real margherita pizza has none.) that the creamy taste of the mozzarella di bufula was obliterated. My red wine was way too warm. All I could taste was alcohol. I was able to get it to the correct temp by adding several ice cubes, but by then it was too diluted. As for the service, it was not "relaxed", but indifferent. Save your money.
- Great Pizza!djjeVIPDined on 8/10/2014We both ordered pizzas for Sunday brunch. They were great with wonderful crusts. The server was nice and friendly. We did have to wait quite awhile for our change, but I don't think it was the server's fault. I liked going on a Sunday when there was no valet parking. Overall, a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good pizzaneil2eatVIPDined on 8/9/2014I had a reservation, but still waited an hour. I had called to confirm my reservation right before i left my hotel and was told "come right over" I arrived 10 minutes later and had a 1 hour wait. Why do restaurants do that. If they said come in 1 hour I would have been much happier. The pizza was very good but needed to be ordered well dond. delicious but soggy. Once I was seated the service was good and quick.Special Features:
- Love this placeDecentVIPDined on 8/8/2014Varasano's has some of the best pizza in Atlanta. I come here a lot and their pizza is always consistently tasty.Special Features:
- Excellent place to visitBrianWrightDined on 8/2/2014I planned a weekend around visiting Varasano's pizza after hearing about them from a friend and reading their recipe online. They did not disappoint either! The owner happened to be there and came out and gave us his recommendations for first time visitors. It made for a very memorable experience. I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Reliably tastyWriterandriaDined on 7/25/2014I always enjoy the pizza when I'm here. The decor is trendy yet casual and the prices are reasonable for Buckhead. This is one of my favorite pizza places in town. It makes for a fun outing with friends or a date night. Service was OK.Special Features:
- oven puffed bubbles, blisters,&charTheGeneralVIPDined on 7/24/2014The BBC = oven puffed with bubbles, blisters, speckled with char and as light as clouds! This is True Italy, not that 'pie' in NY...no gold chains, no rings on the fingers.....Yo' Vinny - Fuhgeddaboudit eat REAL PIZZA here at Varasano's! LOVE the Carmelized Onion WITH Sausage AND HOT PEPPERS - You'll love it - Jeff V does a GREAT job - everytime!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent pizza placeSingaporeKelDined on 7/20/2014Pizzas come out fast, hot and delicious. Service is friendly and easygoing. Kids are welcomed and love playing with pizza dough. Good vibe- casual but delicious dining. Best pizza in Atlanta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst serviceDukeFoodieDined on 7/19/2014Empty restaurant...on a Saturday night in Buckhead. 40 minute wait for drinks, though seated 10 feet from the bar. 30 minute additional wait to order. Food came in 20 minutes. (The food was, thankfully, the bright spot of the evening.) 45 minutes to get our checks (3 checks); we were the only table left at the end.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014We really enjoyed our meal - the whole experience was terrific. Our server was friendly and helpful and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Excellent!BAF3Dined on 7/19/2014Our food was beyond amazing and the $9.95 bottomless mimosas/bellinis/bloody Mary's were awesome! Had a group of 11 come for brunch and our waitress was so sweet and adorable! She kept the drinks coming in a timely manner and was very accommodating. Will definitely recommend this to friends!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great after work spot.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014Bottomless wine on Tuesday is a day to check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bubbles, blisters & speckled W/CharTheGeneralVIPDined on 7/12/2014The BBC = oven puffed with bubbles, blisters, speckled with char and as light as clouds! This is True Italy, not that 'pie' in NY...no gold chains, no rings on the fingers.....Yo' Vinny - Fuhgeddaboudit eat REAL PIZZA here at Varasano's! LOVE the Carmelized Onion WITH Sausage AND HOT PEPPERS - You'll love it - Jeff V does a GREAT job - everytime!Special Features:
- Introduced friends to yummy pizzaMygrizzleDined on 7/12/2014Best way to get the NY style pizza we love. Introduced our friends to this great style of pizza. Fancy yet still easy.Special Features:
- ViningsladyDined on 7/12/2014Maybe it was the pizza we ordered, but it lacked seasoning. There was none on the table. The pizza was okay otherwise. It was the white pizza with a lot of arugula on it.Special Features:
- GoodnessOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014My hubby and I went for the first time and I ordered the meatball pizza and my husband ordered the calzone we loved it the food was really good! But...with all that said our server was not! She was need some rest but everything was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good PizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2014We tried this restaurant after reading about it in a book from the library on area Atlanta restaurants that were worthy of a try. We had a 6:15 dinner reservation and were seated promptly. We tried the caesar salad which was good but nothing out of the ordinary. The Nana's meatballs were very delicious. YUM! We ordered 2 pizzas. One was just cheese and was the Nana's style. The other was the other style, I think Buffaleto cheese on it?? We had that one topped with sausage with fennel. Very tasty. Our first pizza was brought out incorrectly but they were quick to remedy it. The service was great. The only thing that was disappointing was the parking but they do offer free valet which ended up using. Would return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/1/2014Service was awful. We announced our open table reservation to the hostess. she failed to update the computer. we were seated and ordered a pizza with a glass of wine and iced tea. we never saw our server after we placed our order. we asked passing staff to get our server but he did show up until he brought the check.
- What is The BBC? Read on....TheGeneralVIPDined on 6/29/2014The BBC = oven puffed with bubbles, blisters, speckled with char and as light as clouds! This is True Italy, not that 'pie' in NY...no gold chains, no rings on the fingers.....Yo' Vinny - Fuhgeddaboudit eat REAL PIZZA here at Varasano's! LOVE the Carmelized Onion WITH Sausage AND HOT PEPPERS -Special Features:
- The BBC BABY!!!TheGeneralVIPDined on 6/24/2014The BBC = oven puffed with bubbles, blisters, speckled with char and as light as clouds! This is True Italy, not that 'pie' in NY...no gold chains, no rings on the fingers.....Yo' Vinny - Fuhgeddaboudit eat REAL PIZZA here at Varasano's! LOVE the Carmelized Onion WITH Sausage AND HOT PEPPERS -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hands down the best pizza in townExperiencedDinerVIPDined on 6/21/2014Awesome Pizza, great salads - perfect and friendly service. Casual, energetic setting - Varasono's also does a great job entertaining the children - they are learning to handle the real pizza dough and become little chefs while you wait for the first course to arrive. Can't get more Italian than this. Mille Grazie!Special Features:
- Excellent Pizza & Caesar SaladMarkVIPDined on 6/18/2014I would have to say that these guys probably have to the best Caesar Salad anywhere around and their pizza is creative and delicious! I have eaten here a number of times, and have throughly enjoyed it until this evening - while the food was spot on delicious, the service was, well, simply non- existent. My friend and I finally got up and found the water pitcher to refill our waters, and finally had to go to the manager to get out check and pay. There were only 11 other diners in the restaurant so our server, Marley, could not say she was overwhelmed. Overall a great meal, and I will go back, but will definitely ask for another server when I do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The "BBC", Bubbles, Blisters & CharTheGeneralVIPDined on 6/9/2014It's the crust from Italy with little blisters, bubbles and some Char . . . PERFECT~O'! Caramelized Onion w/sausage & HOT PEPPERS is really Great! With that crust, you can't go wrong in ANY selection! This is True Italy, not that 'pie' in NY... Fuhgeddaboudit and eat REAL ITALIAN PIZZA here at Verrazano's! (If you are looking for a "NYC" Slice - Vintage Pizza has the best crust for that "foldable slice".... I really LOVE the Caramelized Onion WITH Sausage AND HOT PEPPERS - it sounds like a strange combination but the contrasts are great and the "kick" of those peppers makes it! (Check out the photographs on Foodspotting link: http://www.foodspotting.com/reviews/4709040 Try it you'll like it... So. Says. The GeneralSpecial Features:
- The following 429 reviews are from the Varasano's Pizzeria reviews archive.
- Best pizza in town!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/24/2014If what you want is fabulous thin crust pizza, tasty salad, and a glass of wine in a sophisticated casual setting, Varasano's is the best!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun for bottomless brunchnij8VIPDined on 5/17/2014the food is ok - antico is definitely better pizzaSpecial Features:
- The BBC=BUBBLES, BLISTERS AND CHAR!TheGeneralVIPDined on 5/16/2014This is True Italy, not that 'pie' in NY... Fuhgeddaboudit and eat REAL PIZZA here at Varasano's! LOVE the Caramelized Onion WITH Sausage AND HOT PEPPERS -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- catecateDined on 5/12/2014Pizza at its best. Thought I was back in Italy !! My first time and brought my sister, nephew and friends. Everyone loved it. The wait staff is great as well. Just wish I lived close enough for pick up. But.......... my sister does and will be calling!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pizza!FreebirdDined on 5/3/2014Felt like I was in Italy! I am picky about pizza and this was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The "BBC", Bubbles, Blisters & CharTheGeneralVIPDined on 5/2/2014This is True Italy, not that 'pie' in NY... Fuhgeddaboudit and eat REAL PIZZA here at Varasano's! LOVE the Carmelized Onion WITH Sausage AND HOT PEPPERS - Ask for KAT for your server - she is the BEST and will give tyou GREAT service! To Jeff - the owner...KAT is by far your best server Jeff - she does such a wonderful job with our friends and family, with and without kids, just a "date night" - it does not matter...she is ALWAYS professional and friendly, knows your products and makes everyone feel special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice and quietOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/1/2014This place was nice and quiet, service was good and quick. It was a thursday night and we got in and out pretty quick. the food came out fast and good.Special Features:
- Excellent PizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/29/2014I thought I couldn’t eat a whole pizza myself but this is very thin and delicious and I ate all but one piece. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Delicious pizzaLovingPizzaAroundWorld15Dined on 4/26/2014Pizza has quality and taste delicious. Service and ambient is good but feels not very friendly. Faces of some american guys making pizza looks upset and angry seem they do not like people admire them as handling the dough and this did much better a short Mexican guy. Just a comment that In Rome and Madrid one of the attractions besides great taste of Pizza employees seem happy and trained to greet customers . At the end owner of restaurant was nice and courteousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.