Vanity Supper Club
566 South Main Street
Providence, RI 02908Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Vanity Supper Club
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vanityri.com/
- Phone: 4015298880
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Vanity Supper Club
Discover Vanity Supper Club; a clever contemporary spin on a 1920's speakeasy set in a glamorous modern day supper club environment. Folklore abounds as to the nature and particulars of how speakeasy establishments carried on, and the fascination of their existence has emerged as a significant area of interest in pop culture. Vanity Supper Club elegantly blends a vintage feel with modern decor and inflections, producing an impeccably unique dining and nightlife experience unlike any other. Located at 566 South Main Street in Providence, RI, we welcome our guests through our well disguised telephone booth entrance which draws intrigue from passersby and thrill seekers alike. Once inside, an exuberant evening of sight and sound awaits; in chic modern fashion, join us as we celebrate Prohibition!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vanity Supper Club reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
romantic (13)special occasion (10)fit for foodies (5)good for groups (4)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- DisappointedLeabaDined on 8/16/2014I had to convince my family to go here and unfortunately it wasn't as good as the reviews indicated. The menu is very limited. No vegetarian options at all. However our waiter, who was excellent, jumped in and said that the chef would create a special vegetarian item. This vegie risotto dish turned out delicious. The other meals were just so so. My husband had the pork and he said while the chili sauce was good, the pork was dry. I ordered the salmon stuffed with crab and it just didn't have any flavor. The dining room is bland and uninspired ...maybe because it is in a basement. We won't be going back. Just too expensive to try a second time
- Loved itlisamela22Dined on 8/9/20141920s era speakeasy. Need I say more? Wonderful vibes, great service, and the best meal that I have had in a long time.Special Features:
- First time at VanityedjrDined on 6/21/2014We went to Vanity using a Living Social coupon. Initially, our waiter thought our coupon entitled us to free champagne. After we questioned this, he checked and found it didn't. He cheerfully gave us the champagne, anyway--a nice start to the meal. He continued to be exceptionally friendly and attentive throughout the meal. The menu, although not extensive, is nicely varied. I had a crusted chicken marsala; my wife had a wood-grilled pizza. We shared a generous Caesar salad. Everything was tasty and well prepared. We also shared a slice of rich chocolate cake for dessert. We particularly enjoyed the ambiance. The restaurant was moderately full during our visit but very quiet. Soft background music masked other conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureLuvProviDined on 5/23/2014The food at Vanity has not let me down yet! Whether it's during restaurant week or a regular nite, each dish is delicious! The owner is always there when I come in and is SO nice! Wait staff is always pleasant too. Love the ambiance inside - the couches mixed with chairs and the 1920's styling is great. Drinks in mason jars and tin cups is a great touch too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vanity NEVER disappointsLoSenaDined on 5/17/2014Vanity never disappoints. Ed is a great manager and the staff is very tentative and I am never disappointed. I look forward to going back and enjoying the outdoor patio this summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly Surprised!cnicholsonjrDined on 5/17/2014My wife and I dined here and were so happy we went. From the Valet parking to the greeters at the door (which included the owner Eddie) to the waitress and table staff, everything was perfect. The early 1900s theme/feel and the accompanying music put us both in relaxation mode quickly, which is what we needed after a long week of work, kids and grandkids. Thanks to everyone there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014Had a problem with my groupon but it was resolved the very next day. i was happy with the food selection not too many options which helps and good old Gordon Ramsey would be pleased (less is more). not very happy with the single malt selection. Only two available bottles nothing to write home to mom about. i expected more for some reason in the art or decoration department, its clean, i thought there would be a little more old fashion.... the couches were super comfortable for a long week on your feet. All in all I'd go backSpecial Features:
- Great ambianceLoversDined on 5/3/2014We came here before with a large group of friends for a birthday party and had a blast. Decided to come back as a couple and still had an amazing time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 3 reviews are from the Vanity Supper Club reviews archive.
- An amazing experienceBlackieDined on 4/12/2014Great vibe, comfortable seating, and very attentive service are a complement to the delicious food! The crab cakes, salmon and honey shallot chicken were all winners. Save room for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedbenzDined on 4/9/2014Reservation accepted, not sure why. There was a private fund raiser going on -- no dining area was available for us to eat in. The staff, however, was very nice about it and offered to set us up in the middle of the crowd. We declined.
- Always great service and deliciousEricaDined on 4/9/2014Always great service and delicious food! The chicken marsala is the BEST!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.