Montreal, QC H2Y 2H1Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.restaurantvallier.com/
- Phone: 5148422905
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday to friday 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: sunday to Tuesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Wednesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Brunch Saturday 11:00am - 3:00pm Brunch Sunday 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Simon Laborde
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Happy Hour du mercredi au vendredi de 16h00 a 18h00 sur une sélection de vin, bière et sur le fort.
- Cross Street: Lemoyne
- Public Transit: Metro Sqaure Victoria est a 200 metres du restaurant. Subway station Square Victoria is 200 meters from the restaurant.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Le stationnement face au restaurant est offert a un prix raisonnable . Parking is offered in front of the restaurant at a reasonable price.
A word from Vallier
Since 2007, on a chic old Montreal Street, Vallier offers a culinary space where style and flavor seamlessly blend. The adventure begins. First, you discover the bright and original decor inspired by the charm of the 1950's. Magic sets in effortlessly. Then, sitting comfortably on your vintage seat, a surprising and attractive menu is unveiled to you. Creatively prepared comfort food is offered alongside dishes that are reminiscent of the French bistro style as well as a selection of gourmet burgers. You decide to go for the pâté chinois au canard confit. The generous wine menu inspires you a delicious accompaniment at a reasonable price. The friendly atmosphere charms you to the sound of a Ventures song.Restaurant specialisé dans la cuisine contemporaine,Vallier réinvente les grands succès de la cuisine française,américaine et québécoise.Son service professionel, discret et sans prétention laisse toute la place nécessaire à une agréable expérience cuilinaire.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vallier reviews from OpenTable diners
- Fin de soirée décevanteMaudeDined on 9/13/2013La nourriture était très bonne, tout a été apprécié. Malheureusement, nous avons vraiment eu un service médiocre. Pas de pain, très long avant de prendre les commandes, j'amais on nous a demandé si tout allait et on a dû demander la facture 2 fois, et à un autre serveur. Pour un restaurent dans le vieux-Montréal...on a été très déçus...Special Features:
- went with some friendsfatytyDined on 9/6/2013i did not like what i order but it was good overall...next time i'll get the vege burgerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lunchGreatVIPDined on 9/2/2013Went for lunch. It was good. Nothing special about it but it was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Invaluable experiencelivyDined on 9/1/2013Went there for the second time with an old friend. Ordered their salmon tartar and it was one of the best tartars I have ever had. Impressive wine list and their cocktails were delicious. It was a Sunday night so it wasn't so busy - that being said, service was great (the waiter is actually quite cute too). The only downside is the price tag, which I wouldn't really complain. A full serving size of tartar with a cocktail comes up to maybe $50 ish, for the location and ambiance? I say, WELL WORTH IT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classical and exquisiteMafaldaDined on 8/28/2013The tatares are always excellent and the portions are good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had much betterl007VIPDined on 8/24/2013Eaten lots better at this restaurant. Won't go back for a while.
- Vibrant french bistro styleMtlfoodieDined on 8/23/2013The service at Vallier was very good. We were greeted and offered a drink quite promptly. The wine and cocktail lists are quite good. The dinner menu includes a large selection of dishes, from burgers, salads and mac & cheese to tartare, duck breast, and fish. This restaurant doesn't seem to specialize in one thing but if you are a dining with a group there will certainly be something to satisfy everyone. I had the mesclun salad (I love that there was a simple, sizeable salad for 6$) and the roasted chicken, which was tender and juicy. Good bet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meal at VallierDiner2dinnerDined on 8/17/2013We had the salmon tartare, lamb parmentier and portobello ravioli with duck confit, as well as pain perdu for dessert. Service was up to par, we did not have to wait very long (but then the place was half-empty), ambiance is OK without anything noticeable. I would go again because it met my needs and expectations. However it was nothing to be ecstatic about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Très bon restaurant avec unesytheriDined on 8/15/2013Très bon restaurant avec une bonne varité de plats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful settingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2013We had an early dinner and really enjoyed our meal, our view from the table, and the scenery of Montreal. The food was very very good and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding braisée pork cheekPorkloverDined on 7/31/2013Good place for a corporate lunch, Nice crowd and pleasant serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Baby Friendly Lunch at Vallier!!GalwayGirlDined on 7/9/2013Perfect lunch with a friend and my 14 week old baby! Very good food and Vallier were able to accommodate my stroller without causing to much inconvience to other diners! Service professional and friendly - would definitely visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding, as Always!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/4/2013I can honestly say that this is my favorite restaurant in Montreal, so far. This was my second time eating here, and the foods maxed me once again. The scallop carpaccio was absolutely delicious and the ravioli made me sad that I was sharing it with my boyfriend. The service was prompt and very helpful, as usual, and the drinks were delicious! I love this restaurant and will definitely be back. If you are in Montreal and have never eaten here, then you are truly missing out on something wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kitchen backed upPhilipDined on 6/30/2013Took over an hour for food to arrive - staff only apologized/explained when asked what the issue was (kitchen backed up). Waiters rolled their eyes like this was nothing new. Comped our coffees - but wasn't enough. Went for Sunday brunch. Alot of clients lecft before their food arrived, we almost did as well.
- Everything was perfect. TheYvonDined on 6/20/2013Everything was perfect. The soup (squash with brie) was surprinsingly good. Mac'n cheese very creamy and good. Fried Squid too weioth his homemade mayonnaise and safron.. Service courteous and rapid. Will return for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for visitors.TorontofanDined on 6/12/2013I have brought several out of town guests to Vallier and the staff are always very accomodating considering we don't speak French.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- J'ai mangé les raviolis auxdidiDined on 6/12/2013J'ai mangé les raviolis aux champignons et au confit de canard, c'était vraiment délicieux, la sauce est riche mais extremement bonne! et le pouding chomeur!!!!!! Wow! heureusement qu'on l'a partagé!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, creative cuisine.MasonDined on 6/8/2013I was in Montreal for the Grand Prix du Canada and tried two restaurants while there: Vallier and Laloux. Both were excellent. Laloux has more classic French ambiance (think wall mirrors and white table linen), while Vallier has bare tabletops but a somewhat more creative menu. Laloux offered ramp vichysoisse, calve's liver a point, and soft Greek cheese with comb honey and nuts. Vallier offered green tomato gazpacho with horseradish, duck confit raviolis with pulled duck meat, mushrooms, cream and arugala and left me too full to order desert. The tab (before tax and tip) was about $65 at both places including two glasses of wine. I would be happy to return to either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is good but not exceptional.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/1/2013Food is good but not exceptional. Service was friendly and helpful. Sadly, they ran out of ice cream by the time we ordered dessert.I would recommend this to a friend.
- No fuss great foodMllebasilicDined on 5/30/2013As always the calamars plate was wonderful as was the salmon tartare (bien relevé!). Had a melon gaspacho for an entrée. It was quite refreshing on a 27 degree in the shade day with a welcoming tang. My partner indulged in the Portobello burger with delicious skinny fries. A must try also, chorizo a la plancha. A great way to start off your meal.Special Features:
- Lively bistrodaveatingDined on 5/11/2013A very lively bistro with above average food. Excellent quality, simply prepared, with good presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Toujours aussi bon et agréable !OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/4/2013Le tataki de thon... Tout simplement un délice... accompagné de bulles rosées Mumm Napa... presque le paradis :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was good but it lackedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/4/2013It was good but it lacked something to make it special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even good restaurants have off daysOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/4/2013I love Vallier in the winter. My wife and I stopped in for an early dinner outside on a gorgeous spring day. The food was good but not great. The service was less than what I normally would expect from Vallier. I still recommend it, but even good restaurants have off days!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beaucoup trop cher pour laLJPLDined on 4/19/2013Beaucoup trop cher pour la qualité de l'assiette. Les plats étaient froids, assez insipides en terme de goût en somme très décevant. Le cadre est joli et le service impeccable cependant.
- Always been impressed by theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/9/2013Always been impressed by the food there. It's a great mix of French, bistro and pub food. Waiters were very nice though we waited quite a bit to get our bill at the end. But overall, great place to go!
- Food realy good and the waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/29/2013Food realy good and the waitress was realy nice with the kids.
- The food was realy good andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/28/2013The food was realy good and the service was great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Great interior, rustical /OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/20/2013Great interior, rustical / modern, right in the heart of the city / old town; for business lunch as well as nights out, friends also recommended the brunch; the menu has many favorites all with an interesting touch/hint, even though have to admit it reads better than it actually is, but still good food.Special Features:
- The food was good but theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/13/2013The food was good but the price was pretty high for a salmon tartare and salade. Also, the service to pay at the end was really long as he had to wait for the receipe and that mades us late to go back to work (2 hours total for lunch) when we had asked for receipe a while ago. Thanks,
- Excellent tartare! ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/11/2013Excellent tartare! Excellent service! Bruyant par contre.Special Features:
- Very good service, nice waiters.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/25/2013Very good service, nice waiters. Very good meal (I ate the salmon and it was perfect).Special Features:
- Found the music a bit loud. MyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/24/2013Found the music a bit loud. My guest and I were having a wonderful time, discussing rather private matters. That is the reason why I had asked, on my on line reserevation, for a quite table. I was thus disappointed when a client, who came in alone (i.e. who obviously was not going to be busy with his own conversation) was directed to sit at the table next (a mere 18 inches close) to our table, from where he could hear everything we were saying, while seeral other tables were not occupied. I felt a bit of an invasion of privacy. Sunday morning brunch tasted great though.
- The staff was very kind toOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013The staff was very kind to us, even though we had a baby with us. The food was excellent as usual. I recommend the pudding chômeur over the cheesecake.Special Features:
- Very nice place to take outOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/21/2013Very nice place to take out client for lunch and very convient as it is very close from my office.Special Features:
- poor service and greetingsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013Unfortunately, we did not have a memorable night. The person who greed us was rude and once we were sitted, the waiter forgot our wine that we had ordered at the begining. We got the wine after our appetizers. we did not feel like the waiter was interested in serving us. So we had our dinner and left after. We will not go back unfortunately.
- Service does not match the food!l007VIPDined on 2/16/2013The food was very good but unfortunately the service was poor. Our soup got cold because they did not bring spoons; they also forgot to bring a dessert plate, and then it took forever to get it. We had to ask for coffee because he totally overlooked this? We were celebrating a birthday, and he only remembered at the end; too little too late.Special Features:
- Came in that bistro withoutOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/15/2013Came in that bistro without a reservation and without expectatives, Service was friendly but not too much, food was delicious and professionally done with a bistro price.Special Features:
- MouthwateringOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Their foie gras was truly exceptional. I also highly recommend their portabella ravioli with duck confit. Great location, right next to Le Confessionals. Will definitely go back in the summer!Special Features:
- I recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/7/2013It's not my first time at vallier and definitely not the last. I always have a great experience there, the food is amazing, the staff is very friendly and the environment is very enjoyable. To top it off, I love thx fact that you can reserve online and receive the confirmation immediately. Great place for business, couple dining or even a gathering amongst friends. I highly recommend vallier.Special Features: