Valley Tap House
14889 Florence Tr
Apple Valley, MN 55124Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Valley Tap House
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thevalleytaphouse.com/
- Phone: 9524312337
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 3:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Phill Dvorak
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private dining area that can seat up to 40 people.
- Private Party Contact: Tony Ostlund 9524312337
A word from Valley Tap House
The Tap House specializes in Baltimore Style Pit Meat. This preparation involves rubbing a high-quality piece of meat with a special housemade spice mixture and allowing it to marinate for three days. The meat is then seared on a specially installed pit grill which chars the outside and cooks it juicy and tender on the inside. Finally it is sliced paper thin and served on a kaiser roll. A variety of meats are pit grilled in this fashion and served according to your desires. Popular choices include the Pit Beef served with raw onions and homemade horseradish sauce or the Pit Ham served with swiss cheese, grilled peppers, onions and a homemade honey dijon sauce. Additionally, a diner can choose from a menu including gourmet hamburgers, home baked pretzels, ale steamed mussels, shells & cheese, parm crusted halibut, and a full selection of desserts. Vegetarian options are available and our staff would be happy to accommodate dietary needs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Valley Tap House - Best Restaurants in Apple Valley ›
Valley Tap House reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (6)neighborhood gem (5)great for lunch (4)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (3)good for groups (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)fit for foodies (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 7/22/2014Great lunch specials! I had the pit tacos and my dad had the medi pizza. Both delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pass on this oneCakebossDined on 6/15/2014I would not recommend this place to anyone. Service was very poor.
- Great place for brunch!KTDiningDined on 6/15/2014The food quality and portion size were excellent, accompanied by great service, it made for a wonderful Father's Day! My Dad was impressed.Special Features:
- Excellent sandwiches!Lad50VIPDined on 6/8/2014Good local spot, with really good bar food type of sandwiches. Sandwiches are huge, and have a good variety. Everyone in our party enjoyed the food. Service was very good; very attentive and pretty quick.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 5/29/2014Great outdoor spot! Lunch specials are delicious and great price!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 98 reviews are from the Valley Tap House reviews archive.
- Easter BrunchDumpsterDined on 4/20/2014We were seated immediately...the food was good but not great...coffee was extra which suprised us. We go here in the early evenings and love it...great bar food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valley Tap House did a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/5/2014Valley Tap House did a great job of getting us in after the reservation made through Open Table had only requested a table for 2 rather than 6. A tip for Open Table....When making a reservation, if you go back to look for another time on that same reservation the site automatically turns back to a table for 2. I had placed 6 in that slot but when I went back to check for another time it had turned back to 2 people. I commend Valley Tap House for putting us at the top of their list and getting us in on a Saturday in less than 15 minutes!Special Features:
- Disappointed in FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/28/2014Four children and three adults ordered food for lunch. Everything was served very very cold. Limp french fries served with corn dogs were very cold and unflavorful, not very tasty walleye bites were served cold, margherita pizza lacked in flavor, very dry overcooked crust with very little topping. One ordered salad was fine. Children were given crayons and place matts to color which was appreciated. Our servers were friendly and tried to be accomodating but food service was very slow. Disappointing.Special Features:
- Bummer.FoodieVIPDined on 3/22/2014My husband and I have been here both with our daughters and without numerous times. It's one if the few non-chain restaurants in Apple Valley, but the service is never good. Always very slow and we wait forever for our food and drinks. So disappointing. We want to love the place- the food is usually very good, yummy brunch, good beers and pulled meats. But sadly we can't go back until they figure out the service. We've been disappointed one too many times.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and Serviceluv2dineVIPDined on 3/9/2014The Tap House Chicken Sandwich and Hand Cut Fries were delicious, definitely recommended. The Butermilk Cole Slaw was spicey and unlike any cole slaw I've ever had; very good. The server was friendly and good about refilling soft drinks. Definitely will be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time, last timeBigcatDined on 1/31/2014Sandwiches buns way too large, juices soaked into bottom, made them soggy, they fall apart if picked up. Incredibly loud, had to shout to communicate with friends across the table. They must think all will be forgiven if they put a mound of french fries the size of a football on my steak plate.
- Always a great stopgoodeatzDined on 1/24/2014We have frequented Valley Tap House a number of times. This is the best "pub fare" restaurant in town. A great, constantly changing beer assortment and finally a change from "great burgers". The pit beef style is wonderful. For people who can never find lamb on a menu, the lamb burger served on pita is fantastic. The stampede fries are a guilty pleasure. I avoid fries as a rule and figure that if they can be such a treat like at a state fair, they are worth it. I look forward to trying a few of the unusual items you never see in the typical burger bar. Stuffed dates or a beet salad. Keep it up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Yeas EveBirdDined on 12/31/2013Food was great. We all enjoyed it. Only complaint I have is that it was way yo dark where we sitting. Had to use lights on cell phones to read the menu.Special Features:
- Food was hot and delicious.GretchenDined on 12/4/2013Food was hot and delicious. I had the Halibut and paired it with Risotto and it was a great pairing. My husband had the pork chop and ate the WHOLE thing! The waiter was on his game and service was great. Would recommend again. However, I booked through Open Table and got a reply back that I no showed. I did tell Hostess that we had a reservation but I guess she didn't bother about matching it up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, mediocre serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/21/2013We really enjoyed all our food but our service was very slow. We waited 10 min after getting our dessert menu for our server to come back to take our dessert order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burger, Pit Meat, Happy Hour SpotMNFoodFanDined on 10/11/2013Valley Tap House is our go to local spot for a good Burger or Pit Meat sandwich and happy hour deal. Although our favorite spot is the patio, living in this state only allows that for a few precious months. Dining indoors doesn't have nearly the relaxing "carpe diem" vibe but still good. This place is often critiqued for lackluster service. For us, it's never horrible but also seldom outstanding. Thus, go in with a mindset that you'll be socializing and "chilling" out, and you'll be fine. Expect to eat quickly - probably not the spot for you. The pit meat sandwiches and tacos cannot be beat. Fries are incredible (just insist that they come out hot.) Great 2 for 1 Happy Hour and beer selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food! Service not so muchBeckyDined on 10/5/2013As a lot of the reviews I read said, the food here was fantastic! We found the service to be lacking though. The hosts seemed annoyed by our presence then when we requested the dinning room because the bar was so loud they put us in the closest booth to the bar when the rest of the dining room was empty. Waitress seemed nice but didn't write our order down then had to come back after she placed it to double check it. Drinks didn't get refilled and it took 10 minutes to get my card back after she took the check. All that being said, the food was worth the hastle and we would actually go back. Perhaps we'll try the bar side this time...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kids Eat Free on Mondays!JoJoPotatoDined on 9/16/2013We enjoyed 2 for one beers happy hour, 1/2 off appetizer special, and kids eat free on Mondays with adult entree!! Mondays at Valley Tap House RULE! Our kids love the cheese pizza and we really enjoy the Thai Dragon and the Gouda Burger! We got LOTS of food for our money.Special Features:
- Many opportunitiesLindaDined on 8/18/2013First impression was standing at the host stand for 2 minutes before anyone greeted. Service was slow and unenthusiastic. I couldn't tell if she was a poor server or had too many tables which would mean poor management. I did not see a manager once throughout the 1.5 hours we were there. Our food took 20 min which didn't seem necessary for a not busy night and burgers and a salad. The fries were cold on both entrees. It seemed as though food was waiting under the lamps for other food or no one simply ran it. No sense of urgency was felt by anyone. If this is how the Valley Tap House is run, there is no point in checking out the new place in EP mall when it opens. Disaster waiting to happen.
- Still Loving this PlaceJoJoPotatoDined on 8/14/2013We've had up and down service experiences over the past year (plus) but have never had a bad meal! Everything we've tried on the menu has been great. Recommend the pork belly appetizer, the Gouda burger, Thai Dragon Pit Beef and the Cajun Shrimp Pizza...and the beer selection is great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ordered Pit pork& Ham sandwichWMPRDined on 7/27/2013Ordered Pit pork& Ham sandwich & coleslaw. Lots of near but not a lot of flavor. Coleslaw was more chopped salad than slaw.
- Poor serviceMarilynDined on 6/17/2013We were very disappointed with the server...it was kids day...and we had our three children and he didn't give them crayons! He did not come back to the table to check on us for refills , etc. he did not seem to be happy with his job/day and it showed! Worst service! The "hand cut fries" were not as good as advertised.
- Great local brewhousebiztainerVIPDined on 5/30/2013Good selection of beers and food. Enjoyed the pizzas. Had my sister and her family along. The kids enjoyed themselves and their meals. Saw the out door area on the way out. Look like a great place to enjoy those nice evenings out doors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rude WaitressIspeakthetruthDined on 5/24/2013Food was good. Waitress was very rude...checked her tip and took it before we left. She then had an attitude and ask if everything was okay? We said yes and she questioned it...making it seem like our tip wasn't big enough. Couldn't believe it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's an ok place but if wemax22Dined on 4/30/2013It's an ok place but if we didn't have the discount certificate, it wouldn't have been worth it.
- our server was distracted,CammithaVIPDined on 3/17/2013our server was distracted, inattentive and we had to ask for things multiple times before we got them. food was fine, but the service was sub-par on Sunday!
- The cole slaw was too spiceyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013The cole slaw was too spicey - not what I was expecting. I only ate half of it and I paid an extra $1.98 to sub it for fries - that was a downer!Special Features:
- Tasty pit beef in a warm,stcarlson777Dined on 2/22/2013Tasty pit beef in a warm, casual setting. Be careful that they actually check you in...twice they have marked me as a no-show from OpenTable when I've gone there for lunch.Special Features:
- Would not recommend this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Would not recommend this restaurant. The drinks were not good & the food was so-so. The service was very good, but didn't make up for the food & drinks.
- We did get any refrigeratorOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/2/2013We did get any refrigerator pickles and our french fries were soggy and cold, the food was good.Special Features:
- It was very busy when we wereSwedeheartfDined on 2/2/2013It was very busy when we were there. The roasted meat sandwiches were especially tasty.Special Features:
- Great value for kids' meals.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/23/2012Great value for kids' meals. Wonderful happy hour.Special Features:
- BewareOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/20/2012Creepy waiter who would not leave my 2 year old daughter alone. He kept trying to touch her and made weird comments. Very uncomfortable way to spend my husband's birthday. The manager will be hearing from us.
- Excellent happy hour! ServicemysterydinerVIPDined on 12/16/2012Excellent happy hour! Service was friendly but not prompt.Special Features:
- Good food, upscale "bar food".happydadDined on 12/13/2012Good food, upscale "bar food". Good beer list. Very loud though. Too many tv's - becomes distracting.Special Features:
- you and your tastbuds will enjoyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/13/2012Oh my gosh....I could list a thousand of words to describe this joint. But I won't because I want you to set up a reservation and go get a thousand words for yourself. They knocked it out of the ballpark with there unique menu choices of pit meats(and for vegs they had some awesome choices that I'm willing...and going to try). My husband and I ordered two sandwiches..the georgia and the italian. Out of this world good. I'l break it to you this way. Its like when your pallet experiences something so awesome it dictates still eating even though your full. And like true foodies where going back again tonight.Special Features:
- Went here to try out restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2012Went here to try out restaurants in the area, and because we saw their fantastic happy hour (2.25 two for ones!). The seating area is big, but I'd still suggest a reservation as it gets VERY busy from 5pm until closing. The bar is a full circle with plenty on tap, and this place is clean as well. Would highly recommend if you're thinking about coming here.Special Features:
- I love this place! WheneverBillDined on 11/9/2012I love this place! Whenever we are in Apple Valley, this is where my wife and I want to eat. The food is delicious and I love the local tap beers that are available.Special Features:
- The food was okay. This wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/9/2012The food was okay. This was our second trip there and were were not as impressed. The service was poor. Our appetizers came at the same time as our food order.Special Features:
- We really like Valley TapOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/5/2012We really like Valley Tap House. Heard nothing but good things about it from people that we know that have been there also.Special Features: