1441 Dresden Drive Suite 100
Atlanta, GA 30319Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.valenzarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4049693233
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Matt Swickerath
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Valenza Restaurant
Valenza is a cozy, upscale Italian eatery in Brookhaven. It takes its name from a small village in the Piedmonte region of Northern Italy. Valenza is well known throughout the world for its artisan jewelry manufacturing which has earned it the nickname “city of gold”. The cuisine at VALENZA is inspired by the diverse culture of Northern Italy. Executive Chef Matt Swickerath’s focus is on classic and modern cooking methods using fresh seasonal and local ingredients to create a classic Italian menu with an updated culinary touch. The menu features a variety of antipasti, pasta, risotto and Italian entrees. Valenza has the heart and spirit of a cozy and warm Italian village café in an upscale setting. The dining room features venetian plastered walls with rustic oak and pine woods. Experience the warmth and elegance of Valenza when dining under the antique European candle chandeliers. Valenza offers a wonderful private dining room with seating for 30 guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Valenza Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
Valenza Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (94)fit for foodies (69)great for outdoor dining (56)special occasion (54)romantic (53)notable wine list (30)good for groups (16)vibrant bar scene (15)hot spot (11)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Only gets betterMarc1956Dined on 9/6/2014We have enjoyed bringing friends and family to our newly discovered gem of a restaurant and this visit was another wonderful evening. Our son flew in from Colorado for his mother's birthday and the 3 of us enjoyed a great meal with superb service provided by Alberto. Great meal selections, excellent wine, tasty martini's and a scrumptious dessert in honor of my wife's birthday. We will be back, but not soon enough! Superb place for a meal.Special Features:
- Good food; mixed serviceSeanDined on 9/5/2014We ordered the spaghetti with meatballs and the swordfish - both were very good and I would recommend them. The bread was surprisingly a bit tasteless. Our waiter was slow, barely responsive, and not very friendly. The manager was great and went out of his way for us in a couple of instances.
- Extremely ConsistentsxbwDined on 9/2/2014I do not normally take the time to submit reviews. Moving recently from West I was pleasantly surprised to find this neighborhood gem which I have probably dined at 8 times in the last 3-4 months (wife twice as much!), and have never been disappointed. I've found the braised rabbit (regular and tenderloin special when they have hit), Saltimbocca, and Papparadelle particularly outstanding, as well as both the Burrata and Beet salads. I have had almost everything on the menu and have not been disappointed. More sourcing information on the menu would be my only constructive feedback, but everything seems very fresh and well sourced. I have found both Josh and Alberto to be excellent waiters if you are able to ask for their tables.Special Features:
- Trying Hard, or Are They?veryjawDined on 9/2/2014A chainish feel to a typical upscale Italian-esque restaurant in Atlanta. Menu trying to be interesting and trendy, but it's not really. Hit and miss dishes. Some are okay, others bland, and the rest good (but not great). Staff very casual (although the lady who brought the food is very efficient) or a bit on the arrogant side. Manager very nice and helpful. Decor an odd mix. Nothing really much of anything as per design, but not bad. Quiet enough for conversation, however. Menu is overpriced for what it is in Atlanta. Not a place with great food or a highly memorable experience. Just a meal which can be not so okay or okay.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceAtlanta01VIPDined on 8/30/2014The food was really delicious. Prompt service and romantic setting. Very quaint gem tucked away in Brookhaven Village. Unique Italian food offerings, great wine list. First class.Special Features:
- Fantastic neighborhood restaurantbobsreviewDined on 8/29/2014We are repeat customers. We took close friends this visit. We had an excellent table and server. All our dinners were excellent. I recommend small groups of 2-4 due to the noise level. We will definitely return!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysCSB4MSUDined on 8/29/2014Delicious food, have never been disappointed. Bar tenders are awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It only gets better!Marc1956Dined on 8/26/2014For this visit, we invited 4 very close friends to join us at Valenza. We requested a table in Alberto's area and we were not disappointed! His quick attention and friendly attitude helped everyone feel right at home. Drink orders were delivered promptly and we all ordered the special lobster risotto. All but one, that is. He ordered the meatballs and pasta. Each couple also ordered the burrata which is a superb salad. Chef Matt recommended it during our first visit and after we raved, he said, "Always trust the chef"! Limoncello and some shared desserts finished our evening in fine form. All of our friends have a new favorite restaurant! Thank you, Chef Matt, Alberto and the rest of the Valenza staff. We're hooked!Special Features:
- So good as always!GTJacket71VIPDined on 8/26/2014Loved being on the outdoor patio on a perfect late summer evening. Food is always good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mostly goodMattinatlDined on 8/23/2014First time visit - honestly hadn't heard anything about the restaurant from friends or co-workers so we knew very little going in. Overall we came away very impressed, perhaps helped in part by having zero/low expectations. The good - ambiance/character is nice, large outdoor area , pretty good diversity on the menu, good wine list, and generally fair pricing. Server was excellent, knew about the food, the inspiration behind it, and left us to eat at a leisurely but taken-care-of pace. The not-so-good - the inside has a main front room, and a smaller back room. We we seated in the nearly empty back room, despite open tables up front. We were going to ask to change - but why should we have to? Treat your customers right.Special Features:
- As Good As It Gets!DealmakerVIPDined on 8/19/2014Matt put together a wonderful lobster dinner with lobster risotto that was off the charts. The lobster was taken out of the shell and was as sweet as could be.The risotto was one of the best we have sampled. The beet salad was spectacular.Special Features:
- Our first of many visits!Marc1956Dined on 8/19/2014A superb dining experience. Chef Matt came out to see how we were enjoying our lobster risotto and then checked back again later. Our server, Alberto, was attentive and thoroughly knowledgeable as well as friendly and helpful. We are delighted to have discovered this fine restaurant close to Atlanta and not too far from the suburbs. We intend to return as early as this week!Special Features:
- Neighborhood FavoriteJustDined on 8/15/2014Valenza is our favorite go to when we don't want to cook. The food is always very good and consistent. If you're a fan of Manhattan cocktails theirs is a must. The wine list is mostly Italian so don't be afraid to ask for advice if your not familiar. Finish with the bread pudding. It's great.Special Features:
- Love the patiomariettaDined on 8/13/2014Valenza has a lovely little outdoor patio. My husband and I enjoy great food and wine by lantern-light!Special Features:
- Fine italianAndresVIPDined on 8/12/2014Outstanding. One if the 3 best Italians in Atlanta. LaGrotta, Sotto Sotto and Valenza !! Won't dissapoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Night is a good nightRickVIPDined on 8/10/2014Family style dinner is a good way to end the weekend. Entree selection is diverse. Happening place -- good location for the restaurant and plenty of parking. Has become a regular stop for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night Treat!LLcoolLVIPDined on 8/8/2014I got a chance to have dinner with a close friend and decided to try Valenza upon many recommendations by members of the Accademia Italiana della Cucina's Atlanta delegation. They were all impressed with the quality of the dishes and the simple, yet authentic, preparation. The vibe is electric and the staff is absolutely wonderful! Michael took good care of us and made spot on recommendations including the mussles and our fantastic burrata salad! I look forward to my next opportunity to try a wider range of the chef's amazing cuisine!Special Features:
- Food that never missesClaws999VIPDined on 8/7/2014Once again - the food was excellent - the short rib ravioli as well as the butternut squash ravioli were excellent. Misto Fritta (maybe spelled that wrong) is simply delicious and not in the least greasy - as it is fried calamari, fish and shrimp. The ceasar salad has just the right amount of dressing and freshly shaved parm....a wonderful dinner that was able to be enjoyed on a rainy Thursday evening with friends who moved to Arkansas.Special Features:
- BobEDined on 8/2/2014As usual, dinner was great (and the specials were great also). I ordered drinks mixed with ginger ale and a splash of soda - they were mixed with sprite and a splash of coke. I fail to understand why some very good restaurants don't have ginger ale on hand, particularly when they charge you $10 a drink!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerprivateopinionsDined on 8/1/2014We managed to tour several of the restaurants in this development before finally finding Valenza, arriving forty minutes late for our 7PM reservation. And despite the late arrival, we were seated immediately and enjoyed a very, very good meal. The quality of the food and the creativeness of the chef, Matt Swickerath, was impressive, especially when compared to Valenza's lackluster interior design and charmless garden. Couldn't management afford to share a little of Haven's decorative charm budget with its poor step-sister,Valenza?
- Fell FlatMacman8352Dined on 8/1/2014Food was good but not great. Was flat tasting. Their sister restaurant is HAVEN and there is no comparison. Just So-So My expectations were high because we ate at Haven last week & decided to celebrate our birthdays here.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/29/2014The outdoor patio area was great for dining. Lobster risotto special was terrific and excellent value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian the way it should be.italyatitsbestDined on 7/28/2014From the greeting at the door to desert, you are made to feel at home. The server was excellent, taking time to explain various dishes and answering questions. There were four of us and each had a different dish. And of course we sampled each others. One dish was better than the other. We have dined at very good restaurants in Italy, and this is the way Italian should be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Octopus SaladateoutDined on 7/26/2014The beet & octopus salad were 5s. The pasta dishes were solid 4s. Plan to go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful neighborhood spotKarenDined on 7/23/2014If you want excellent upscale Italian fare in a somewhat noisy atmosphere, this is the place to go. Busy, energetic, but good, friendly, knowledgeable service. Would definitely go back to try more entrees!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very solidSeminoleDined on 7/19/2014Went there to celebrate our anniversary. Service was very good and the food was delicious. Would definitely recommend. Listed on opentable as Buckhead....definitely not, Brookhaven would be much more accurate. Nice outdoor area from what I could see. Great cozy neighborhood.Special Features:
- Birthday LoveScootermc1Dined on 7/19/2014Went to this awesome gem in the Brookhaven neighborhood for my birthday with a few friends and family. Fantastic meal, enjoyed the veal and pork meatball pasta...great bread, great service...AWESOME atmosphere. This is amongst my favorites in this area. Just really enjoyed the atmosphere, decor, food...and the service was top notchSpecial Features:
- our favorite go to restaurantMaggieDined on 7/17/2014Great fresh food and a wonderful staff. We've been eating at Valenza for years. We drive 25 minutes to get there but it's our 'neighborhood gem' and go to restaurant when we just want to have good food, good service and a mellow ambiance.Special Features:
- Valenza's a Hit!KBLargoDined on 7/15/2014Valenza is a great restaurant in nice, little commercial block just off Peachtree Road in northeast Atlanta. Service is friendly and professional and very accommodating. The restaurant has a nice mix of feeling like a high-end restaurant with a comfortable atmosphere. The food was uniformly delicious. The mussel appetizer was one of the best we’ve ever had. We had to request lots of extra bread to sop up all the delicious broth. On Tuesday they have a special whole lobster (conveniently taken out of the shell) on a bed of wonderful lobster risotto accompanied by a glass of house wine. We also enjoyed the excellent saltimbocca. On mild days, there is a very nice outdoor seating area. I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Never DisappointedFoodieFredBeenTTSSGAS1245Dined on 7/11/2014We love Valenza! Been a favorite for years! Great food! Great Service! Will be back again & again!Special Features:
- Loved everything!GregAtlDined on 7/9/2014We had a party of five. Everyone had different entrees, and everyone had nothing but the highest praises for each meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A restaurant you can count onBetsyDined on 7/9/2014We have gone several times to this restaurant and it never disappoints. Outstanding from beginning to end. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- AwesomePtvalVIPDined on 7/6/2014Another fantastic Sunday Italian style dinner. Service fantastic as alwaysSpecial Features:
- Great ItalianJLPGolferDined on 7/5/2014The food an service were outstanding. Squash blossom appetizer was outstanding. Italian food menu very varied and food was as good as we had in Italy. A little out of the way but great neighborhood restaurant in the Brookhaven Aera of Atlanta.the outside dinning area was greatSpecial Features:
- Why all the fuss?AubergineDined on 7/3/2014This was my second trip, and the second time I've been completely underwhelmed by the food. My penne carbonara was swimming in oil. My partner's fish special was fine but nothing to write home about. Overall the food has not been bad (well, the oil wasn't great)--just not very good either. The service was good this time -- the first time I was seated over half an hour later than my reservation. Why such great reviews?Special Features:
- Tuesday night Lobster RisottoClaws999VIPDined on 7/1/2014If you have a Tuesday night where you are wanting a great meal - including a nice glass of either white or red wine - the Lobster Risotto is the best deal in Atlanta. The risotto is delicious and well worth the trip to Brookhaven.
- Best in Atlanta!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/30/2014The fare and service is perfection! Ask for server Josh, he is fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming Yet VibrantOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/28/2014Great food coupled with top notch service. Wine special was a hit. Highly recommended and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hungrygirlVIPDined on 6/25/2014We had a good dining experience at Valenza. We were going to a play, and once we told the waiter that, he made sure to get our food out in plenty of time. Everyone at the table had something different, and all the food was well prepared and presented. Will definitely return for another meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always love going to Valenza.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/24/2014Great food; great price; fun... This restaurant is a neighborhood gem that's worth a trip if you don't live in the 'hood.Special Features: