1441 Dresden Drive Suite 100
Atlanta, GA 30319Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.valenzarestaurant.com/
- Phone: (404) 969-3233
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Matt Swickerath
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Valenza Restaurant
Valenza is a cozy, upscale Italian eatery in Brookhaven. It takes its name from a small village in the Piedmonte region of Northern Italy. Valenza is well known throughout the world for its artisan jewelry manufacturing which has earned it the nickname “city of gold”. The cuisine at VALENZA is inspired by the diverse culture of Northern Italy. Executive Chef Matt Swickerath’s focus is on classic and modern cooking methods using fresh seasonal and local ingredients to create a classic Italian menu with an updated culinary touch. The menu features a variety of antipasti, pasta, risotto and Italian entrees. Valenza has the heart and spirit of a cozy and warm Italian village café in an upscale setting. The dining room features venetian plastered walls with rustic oak and pine woods. Experience the warmth and elegance of Valenza when dining under the antique European candle chandeliers. Valenza offers a wonderful private dining room with seating for 30 guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Valenza Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
Valenza Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (93)fit for foodies (75)romantic (53)great for outdoor dining (50)special occasion (46)notable wine list (32)good for groups (19)vibrant bar scene (16)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)late-night find (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- this is such a special restaurant..MandKDined on 11/18/2014we go for the excellent food but the staff and the set itself make it more a reason to drive hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative Italian! Not your tomato gravy ItalianMikeMVIPDined on 11/14/2014Excellent quality and friendly staff awaits. This is not your tomato gravy Italian, but a creative approach that is flavorful, well prepared and beautiful presentation. Pastas are plentiful, wide variety and something for everyone. Must try the braised short rib pasta, excellent. Entrees are limited, but daily specials focus on what is fresh and seasonal. Pork Saltibocca is superb and Ravioli is their signature dish, does not disappoints. Deserts are what you would expect, but large enough to share. Staff makes you feel welcomed and never hurry you. We try to visit Valenza's regularly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken under a brick a missyummytummyVIPDined on 11/11/2014I love Chicken Mattone... had it at a restaurant in Geyserville... a lasting memory! Valenza's version was far from the any other version I've had... too sweet, and too many things on top of the chicken masked the flavor of the chicken and what should be a simple sauce. Fritto Misto was great and sauce delicious; pappardelle was basic and good. Our server was unwilling to give any recommendations at first... said everything on the menu was wonderful. Wish he had been better about answering our questions about recommendations up front. Had to ask him what his favorites were. Would go again, if not just for the cozy ambience.Special Features:
- frequentdinerVIPDined on 11/9/2014This was our second time to visit with different guests. Everyone loved their meal - The basic pasta and meatballs is outstanding.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and servicepiggyDined on 11/9/2014The food and service were both excellent. We enjoyed our dining experience here. It's a great restaurant for romantic dining or family special occasion.Special Features:
- Much2LikeVIPDined on 11/2/2014For me, Valenza is closest to the taste of Italy we discovered on a recent euripean trip to Tuscany. Subtle and sublime flavors with a heart wine list. Everything always tastes fresh.Special Features:
- Brookhaven SurpriseAguyfromatlantaDined on 11/2/2014This was our first time dining here and we loved it. The food was great, the service was attentive, and the atmosphere was perfect to converse with your favorite person. We both had the pappardelle and it was cooked to perfection. We will certainly return.Special Features:
- Love this place!Fishergirl17Dined on 10/30/2014Close to home & fantastic. Every, single time. The pork saltambocca was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood spotPainterladyDined on 10/30/2014We love the bartender, Sharon. She is always warm and friendly, and a great bartender. She is "on top of it" always. We had the special appetizer, which was a bit bland, but the half order pastas were excellent.Special Features:
- Great DinnerAmiloverDined on 10/29/2014We recently took out of town guests to Valenza for dinner and we all enjoyed wonderful meals. prices are in line with the quality and service. we will be back in the near future.Special Features:
- A Special LadyMikeatsDined on 10/25/2014This was my first time and the food and service were great. We both ordered something different than was on the menu and the waiter was very accommodating, the wine was great as well. We were the last two to leave the restaurant and the waiter came up and asked if it was OK for the kitchen to go home! LOLSpecial Features:
- Great Food; Lousy ServiceRobEATLDined on 10/25/2014Title sums it up; the food was fantastic, the service was lackluster at best. From waiting to order drinks (and waiting longer still for the drinks (wine, liquor as well as Coke to be delivered), to delayed food service, it was not Valenza's best effort. Additionally, when we went to get the car there was over a 10 minute wait for the valet - and we were the only people in line. We'd go back because the food was great.Special Features:
- Always excellentClaws999VIPDined on 10/24/2014Never a disappointing meal at Valenza. Everything was delicious from the olives and roasted hummus to the Ceasar salads and entrees of short ribs and then butternut squash ravioli. A must for everyone to try.Special Features:
- A Great DinnerFeb67VIPDined on 10/20/2014I really can't find anything to fault at this wonderful restaurant, other than one incorrect dessert order that the waiter brought,and the tables being a bit cramped for four people. The Frito Misto appetizer was excellent and the deep fried slices of lemon were a interesting tasty addition. All the entrees were excellent. I had two half orders of pasta; the carbonara and the spaghettini. The carbonara sauce was wonderful; the only thing that could have improved this dish was a fresher pasta. The highight of the spaghettini were the meatballs. Best I have had since my Italian grandmother passed away. Would also recomend the Saltimbocca, Agnolotti, and the Gnocchi. Bravo for 1/2 price wine on Mondays.Special Features:
- great all aroundfirsttimerDined on 10/16/2014We went with family and had a fantastic experience. Everyone raved about their food. I honestly can't find any faults with our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience every timeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/15/2014I've eaten several times at Valenza and enjoy it every time. It's really good for either a date with my hubby or dinner with the girls. I've also had several recruiting dinners here with various candidates. The food is consistently great - love the butternut ravioli - always a winner! and the salads take advantage of the seasonal tomatoes, figs, etc. Service is great, good drink menu. Definitely a staple in my rotation through the Buckhead restaurant sceneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where was the chef?DougVIPDined on 10/14/2014Went to Valenza for the first time in August on a Saturday night. Had a very good meal, excellent service and a wonderful time. Second time in October on a Tuesday was very different. The same caesar salad was bland. I had the chicken parm special. There was no seasoning whatsoever in either the chicken or the spaghettini underneath it. Ironically the chicken was cooked well (not dry). I like the restaurant's location, decoration and serving staff. Something was off in the kitchen. Too often I have seen recently that a chef takes off a night during the week only to have his/her team lower the bar. This is one restaurant that needs to get consistency through the week on track.
- Exceeded ExpectationsPDawgVIPDined on 10/8/2014I'd dine at Valenza before but had not sat on the patio. It is a beautiful space. I've been happy with the two meals I've had at Valenza in the past but this one was superb. We had the grilled octopus appetizer - one of the best octopus dishes I've had in Atlanta, a pasta dish and the sea bass special, all cooked and presented to perfection.Special Features:
- loveATLdiningVIPDined on 10/8/2014Not quite to par with sister Haven but delicious the same. Biggest problem is menu changes so infrequently...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a superb experienceMarc1956Dined on 10/6/2014Since discovering Valenza a while back, we have had the pleasure of introducing many of our friends to this fantastic Italian restaurant. This week's visit was another example of why we can't wait to return! The food was exquisite, the wine superb and the service by Alberto was wonderful, as usual. I did not know what to order so I asked Alberto to surprise me. Wow! What a great choice he made for me! Go to Valenza whenever you can. Take some friends. Take in the menu and let the staff look after you. You will leave and be planning your next visit!Special Features:
- A gem in BrookhavenNobullpleaseDined on 10/3/2014Valenza has been in Brookhaven for a number of years, and it just keeps getting better. The menu is varied enough for a diverse set of diners, and has never failed to be delicious. The service has always been excellent - cool wait staff who know the food and characterize it well, deliver it perfectly, and inject a casual yet professional sense of humor, resulting in a great dining experience. And in my neighborhood - what's not to like?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JanieDined on 9/28/2014My husband and I have really enjoyed our meals this summer at Valenza. Sunday night was no exception. The food is just the right amount, prepared and presented excellently! We especially like the waiter Alberto who is so attentive and also does an outstanding job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top QualityDealmakerVIPDined on 9/28/2014Valenza's food is always excellent and well prepared. Chef Matt sure does know what he is doing. The best meat balls in the USA!!!Special Features:
- Great EveningDavidnDined on 9/26/2014The food, atmosphere and service were all very good. Combine that with the vibrant neighborhood and it is a great mixSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 2nd time didn't disappoint, butScottDined on 9/20/2014...except for the music. We sat again on the patio on a fine evening with a 6 PM reservation. Food and service was very nice, and the ambiance is good on the patio. But the music was at least twice as loud as it should be, and at some times it was fairly bizarre. Patrons on the patio would be better served with soft classical music or at least something that doesn't overpower. It saddens me that most places today have to have a distraction so we don't actually hear ourselves or the evening sounds around us. I don't think anyone else on that patio would disagree with my point here. But we will be back! We had a very nice dinner for 3 that included our 5 year old daughter who enjoyed "being a lady" for the outing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK not worth the priceHappyTastebudsDined on 9/19/2014I was disappointed in Valenza. I was looking forward to a great Italian experience having read many great reviews.Special Features:
- Only gets betterMarc1956Dined on 9/6/2014We have enjoyed bringing friends and family to our newly discovered gem of a restaurant and this visit was another wonderful evening. Our son flew in from Colorado for his mother's birthday and the 3 of us enjoyed a great meal with superb service provided by Alberto. Great meal selections, excellent wine, tasty martini's and a scrumptious dessert in honor of my wife's birthday. We will be back, but not soon enough! Superb place for a meal.Special Features:
- Good food; mixed serviceSeanDined on 9/5/2014We ordered the spaghetti with meatballs and the swordfish - both were very good and I would recommend them. The bread was surprisingly a bit tasteless. Our waiter was slow, barely responsive, and not very friendly. The manager was great and went out of his way for us in a couple of instances.
- Extremely ConsistentsxbwDined on 9/2/2014I do not normally take the time to submit reviews. Moving recently from West I was pleasantly surprised to find this neighborhood gem which I have probably dined at 8 times in the last 3-4 months (wife twice as much!), and have never been disappointed. I've found the braised rabbit (regular and tenderloin special when they have hit), Saltimbocca, and Papparadelle particularly outstanding, as well as both the Burrata and Beet salads. I have had almost everything on the menu and have not been disappointed. More sourcing information on the menu would be my only constructive feedback, but everything seems very fresh and well sourced. I have found both Josh and Alberto to be excellent waiters if you are able to ask for their tables.Special Features:
- Trying Hard, or Are They?veryjawDined on 9/2/2014A chainish feel to a typical upscale Italian-esque restaurant in Atlanta. Menu trying to be interesting and trendy, but it's not really. Hit and miss dishes. Some are okay, others bland, and the rest good (but not great). Staff very casual (although the lady who brought the food is very efficient) or a bit on the arrogant side. Manager very nice and helpful. Decor an odd mix. Nothing really much of anything as per design, but not bad. Quiet enough for conversation, however. Menu is overpriced for what it is in Atlanta. Not a place with great food or a highly memorable experience. Just a meal which can be not so okay or okay.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceAtlanta01VIPDined on 8/30/2014The food was really delicious. Prompt service and romantic setting. Very quaint gem tucked away in Brookhaven Village. Unique Italian food offerings, great wine list. First class.Special Features:
- Fantastic neighborhood restaurantbobsreviewDined on 8/29/2014We are repeat customers. We took close friends this visit. We had an excellent table and server. All our dinners were excellent. I recommend small groups of 2-4 due to the noise level. We will definitely return!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysCSB4MSUDined on 8/29/2014Delicious food, have never been disappointed. Bar tenders are awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It only gets better!Marc1956Dined on 8/26/2014For this visit, we invited 4 very close friends to join us at Valenza. We requested a table in Alberto's area and we were not disappointed! His quick attention and friendly attitude helped everyone feel right at home. Drink orders were delivered promptly and we all ordered the special lobster risotto. All but one, that is. He ordered the meatballs and pasta. Each couple also ordered the burrata which is a superb salad. Chef Matt recommended it during our first visit and after we raved, he said, "Always trust the chef"! Limoncello and some shared desserts finished our evening in fine form. All of our friends have a new favorite restaurant! Thank you, Chef Matt, Alberto and the rest of the Valenza staff. We're hooked!Special Features:
- So good as always!GTJacket71VIPDined on 8/26/2014Loved being on the outdoor patio on a perfect late summer evening. Food is always good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mostly goodMattinatlDined on 8/23/2014First time visit - honestly hadn't heard anything about the restaurant from friends or co-workers so we knew very little going in. Overall we came away very impressed, perhaps helped in part by having zero/low expectations. The good - ambiance/character is nice, large outdoor area , pretty good diversity on the menu, good wine list, and generally fair pricing. Server was excellent, knew about the food, the inspiration behind it, and left us to eat at a leisurely but taken-care-of pace. The not-so-good - the inside has a main front room, and a smaller back room. We we seated in the nearly empty back room, despite open tables up front. We were going to ask to change - but why should we have to? Treat your customers right.Special Features:
- As Good As It Gets!DealmakerVIPDined on 8/19/2014Matt put together a wonderful lobster dinner with lobster risotto that was off the charts. The lobster was taken out of the shell and was as sweet as could be.The risotto was one of the best we have sampled. The beet salad was spectacular.Special Features:
- Our first of many visits!Marc1956Dined on 8/19/2014A superb dining experience. Chef Matt came out to see how we were enjoying our lobster risotto and then checked back again later. Our server, Alberto, was attentive and thoroughly knowledgeable as well as friendly and helpful. We are delighted to have discovered this fine restaurant close to Atlanta and not too far from the suburbs. We intend to return as early as this week!Special Features:
- Neighborhood FavoriteJustDined on 8/15/2014Valenza is our favorite go to when we don't want to cook. The food is always very good and consistent. If you're a fan of Manhattan cocktails theirs is a must. The wine list is mostly Italian so don't be afraid to ask for advice if your not familiar. Finish with the bread pudding. It's great.Special Features:
- Love the patiomariettaDined on 8/13/2014Valenza has a lovely little outdoor patio. My husband and I enjoy great food and wine by lantern-light!Special Features: