Valentino's Restaurant Park Ridge
103 Spring Valley Road
Park Ridge, NJ 07656Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Valentino's Restaurant Park Ridge
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.valentinosnj.com/
- Phone: 2013912230
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 1:00pm - 9:00pm
Closed Christmas Day
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental, Italian
- Executive Chef: Angelo Colella
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: Set menus for private parties, menus can be adjusted per request
We have 2 private rooms on 2nd floor, and 2 dining rooms plus lounge dining on the first floor
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining is available for up to 60 guests in the main dining room,upstairs Wine Room holds 25, Upstairs private room 40 guests, or downstairs Venetian Room accomodates 35 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Angelo 2013912230
A word from Valentino's Restaurant Park Ridge
Valentino’s is a landmark in Park Ridge having been in business for 28 years. The restaurant is located in a Victorian home, over 100 years old, which features old world charm, ultra modern updates and a cozy bar, fireplace, and private rooms for your special event from 10 to 75 guests. Valentino’s was voted “Most Romantic” restaurant by the Record for 2008 and 2009.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Valentino's Restaurant Park Ridge reviews from OpenTable diners
- Rockland County FoodieDanKVIPDined on 6/23/2012We went there for our wedding anniversary. We hadn't been there in over 8 years. The food was outstanding, the portions were the perfect size, and the staff was both attentive and jovial. The one thing that was perplexing was that we were there on a Saturday night at 8:30 and the restaurant was virtually devoid of other customers. The irony is that based on our experience it should have been filled to capacity.Special Features:
- Service very poor. Took alarryVIPDined on 6/15/2012Service very poor. Took a long time to order, never checked whether food was ok and had to chase/find a waiter to get the ckeck.
- I have been going to ValentinosNickVIPDined on 4/26/2012I have been going to Valentinos for years and always feel very comfortable bringing along guests and in this visit, two foreign guests. We all were very pleased with the food and wine offerings. Most enjoyableSpecial Features:
- Upscale and excellent! FromOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/24/2012Upscale and excellent! From the service, to the presentation, to the flavor... perfection!Special Features:
- Quiet restaurant, food wasLinda421Dined on 4/11/2012Quiet restaurant, food was acceptable Italian. The two waiters handled all the tables and the front desk too. When this happens, service suffers. This was not the waiters fault at all but management.
- Great food and the waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2012Great food and the waiter was hilarious. Kept me and my date cracking up all night with jokes. This place is perfect if your looking for a romantic first date spot. Food was excellent too. You won't be disappointed here.Special Features:
- Special meeting!TimOLimoDined on 3/2/2012Waiter was good and friendly. Tri color salad was perfect. Swordfish was spectacular. Met a lot of good friends. Felt at home.Special Features:
- First time and last time atOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/25/2012First time and last time at this restaurant. Really was looking forward to going. Took over half hour for a menu. Never was asked if I wanted another drink. Really disappointed. It's a shame!
- Cozy and Classy1njgalVIPDined on 2/18/2012This was my second time at Valentino's. The ambiance as you arrive is lovely...pin lights everywhere. Inside, the wood paneling and fireplace in the bar area add a cozy touch. The service is excellent. I ordered a snapper dish but found it to be good, not great...perhaps a bit overcooked. The preparation was beautiful, but my companion's dish of sole was wonderful. Overall, the dining experience was terrific and I look forward to a return visit.Special Features:
- Waited over an hour for aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Waited over an hour for a 7:00 reservation The people seated next to us had a 7:30 reservation and were seated before us. The place was overbooked and understaffed. all they could say to us that is was "valentines Day". People walked out, waited for their Drinks( 20 minutes at one table), and could not get a check when finished. Our Waiter was the overwhelmed, so he became very rude. Stay away not worth anywhere the high prieces charged.
- One of the most enjoyableKeptWomanDined on 2/4/2012One of the most enjoyable dinner experiences we've had in ages. The food was absolutely delicious and our waiter was attentive and prompt, as well as having the most hysterical sense of humor. The food was a little pricey, but paired with the service, well worth the experience.Special Features:
- Thhe service was horrible,andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/12/2011Thhe service was horrible,and the food was just fair.
- The service was so horribleOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/12/2011The service was so horrible that it offset the good food and I would never return to Valentino's. The live music destroys the ambiance of the restaurant.
- Food has gone down hillOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/11/2011Food not up to past experience. Had seafood salad. Only 1 lousy shrimp cut in 2, a few tiny pieces of scungilli and the rest was defrosted, rubberlike calamari rings. For an entree I ordered the chicken scaparelli. The chicken was so tough that it could not be cut with a fork. Couldn't eat it.
- Have been a customer for overOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/17/2011Have been a customer for over 20 years and Valentino's does not disappoint. That said, there was a party of 50 going on so the atmosphere was much louder than normal.Special Features:
- Horrible experience! My familyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/11/2011Horrible experience! My family gathered for my son's birthday..........the service was extremely slow, waiter was rude and very unattentive. We waited close to an hour for our dinners! No salad? What..........Valentino's ALWAYS gave you a delicious house salad with dinner.......but no more.....how much could it cost them to give you a small plate of their salad? Never again........I'll be more than happy to spend my hard earned dollars elsewhere.......too bad....used to be one of my all time favorite local places to dine.
- Plan to wait a LONG time...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/15/2011Valentino's is a very old school neighborhood Italian joint. We dined on a Monday night, so hopefully our experience isn't typical. The waiters were very cordial and polite and the food was good. However, it took over an hour and a half to get our entrees, especially when there was only 10 people in the place. Our experience would have been much more pleasant and we probably would have returned if we got our food in a timely manner. Unfortunately, it was our anniversary too, so I guess it will be a memorable one, but for the wrong reason...
- Honestly, the food, otherOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/21/2011Honestly, the food, other than the caesar salad, was not great. My husband and I shared Chicken Parm, which was not good, and Penne due Liquori, which was just OK. The service was also just OK. There were only three other diners in the whole restaurant and it took five minutes before someone even came over to seat us. Better to go else where, I think.
- The staff at this restaurantMikeDined on 7/20/2011The staff at this restaurant made my dining experience exceptionally pleasant, as they were all polite, and had a respectful sense of humor. They took extremely good care of us. On top of that, the appetizer was exquisite, the main course was perfect, and our desert was to die for. The atmosphere was dimmed, mildly ambient, and overall calming. It made for the perfect combination, and the perfect dining experience.
- We were so disappointed, becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/20/2011We were so disappointed, because we were taking new friends to dinner. There appeared to be a serious lack of help - the help that was there was distracted and barely gave us any attention. The food was mediocre. I will not be returning.
- Nice restaurant. Took awhilejuilliardDined on 6/18/2011Nice restaurant. Took awhile for us to be noticed. Probably not enough help. Waited 40 mins to order but food was good.Special Features:
- Romantic Evening with Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/11/2011It's an old Victorian house that was converted into an Italian restaurant. The food was definitely very good. Very friendly service too. We enjoyed the conversation with our waiter even though I thought he shared a little TMI at a few points. Other than that, the evening was great. I'd definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Terribly disappointed...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/8/2011I made my reservation 30 days in advance for romantic dinner for 2 & the day before the dinner changed the reservation for 3 to include my daughter. They welcomed the change. The night of the reservation we were immediately seated & after that, it was downhill. The wait staff did not serve us water till almost an hour after our arrival. The waiter who served us was shocked to see us there. We were served bread & butter a 1/2 hour after that & our orders taken 15mins later. It was almost 2 hrs before we had dinner in front of us. Two salads & a minestrone soup my hubby says,"tasted like it came from a can". Entrees were served 10 mins later & we were disappointed at how we were treated. I felt like we were afterthoughts & not valued patrons.Special Features:
- Food was just moderate. NothingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/8/2011Food was just moderate. Nothing special considering the high prices. I would not bother to go back. Too Stuffy !! Service was poor but then again it was a holiday... Still that should be no excuse.Special Features:
- Wait staff needs polishing.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/7/2011Front desk host was sloppily dressed. They had no record of our on line reservation. We were then asked if we wanted a table - Hello! Why are we here. Main dining room pretty. Side room where we were seated was just that--a room! No decor to speak of and feezing cold. We asked for air to be lowered. Our bottle of white wine was delivered warm. Waiter didn't seem to care. I should have rejected it but did not. We had to ask for bread. The flowers I ordered did not show up - I had to chase them down. Waiter never asked how our meal was, during or after. Most dishes and the check were thrown down not placed. Decent food but a bad dining experience. Not what I wanted for my wife on Mother's Day. Nice restaurant but I will probably not return.
- Attentive professional serviceMSNYCVIPDined on 4/22/2011Attentive professional service in a relaxed but conservative establishment. IF you are looking for a crowded, noisey, bustling bar scene eatery...this is not it. IF you want a quiet, non-rushed dinner where you can spend some serious time talking and eating then I would highly endorse it.Special Features:
- We enjoyed the food very much.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/16/2011We enjoyed the food very much. The appetizer was particularly impressive. Good food is the heart of a good restaurant. The drinks were also strong. Service was only okay. My payment was mishandled, which was most disappointing.Special Features:
- Very Disappointing. Not whatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/10/2011Very Disappointing. Not what it use to be. About 10 years ago we would dine at Valentino's on a regular basis; at the time, the food and service were excellent. We now live in Montvale, so I thought of this place to celebrate my Dad's birthday. When we got there the Restaurant was empty; however, it still took over an hour before we received our food! Three of the six people in our party thought that the food was very bland and mediocre. The other three enjoyed their meals. For what they charge, we expected a lot more.Special Features:
- Simply the BestOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/2/2011We've been fans of Valentinos for over 20 years. Our latest trip didn't disappoint! Service was formal, but at a relaxed pace. The food is simple but outstanding. Yes, it is expensive, but for special occasions you can't go wrong.Special Features:
- We were six people and twoOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/12/2011We were six people and two of us ordered a Dover Sole special. Not only was it not very good but they charged us $48.00 per dish. I was outraged and spoke to the manager and asked her why the waiter wouldn't tell us the price of the specials and her answer was that sometimes people get offended if you tell them the price. Not telling us the fish was $48.00 was offensive. Shame on us for not asking the prices but who would expect a fish to cost that much. I have eaten in the some of the best restaurants and never experienced price gauging like that. We will never eat there again.
- A new find in a great resturant.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/5/2011Valentino's was great experience, and would recommend it anyone who enjoys classic Italian food.Special Features:
- My husband and I were veryBirthdaygirlDined on 2/19/2011My husband and I were very excited to try Valentino's for a romantic dinner and since it had been in Park Ridge for years and was noted as one of Bergen County's most romantic restaurants we figured it would be a good choice. We made a reservation for 7:30 and were sitted right away when we arrived. The table we were given was squished in a corner on top of several other tables and we could hear the full conversation of the diners at the next table. The waiter we had, while pleasant, seemed very scattered. I asked what the specials for the night were and he seemed somewhat put out that I was asking the question. Food was good, but have had better in Bergen and Rockland County. Overall, Valentinos is a pretty restaurant with decent food.Special Features:
- Great service. Nice atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/17/2011Great service. Nice atmosphere. The veal parm was above average but the restaurant was very inviting and I would like to go back and try other things off their menu.Special Features:
- ValentinosOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2011Amazing Restaurant. The food was five stars. Everything was perfectly cooked. Some parts of the order were lost but they were very busy and the restaurant made up for it. Overall I would say this is a five star restaurant.Special Features:
- Went on Valentine's Day andMikeDined on 2/14/2011Went on Valentine's Day and they must have had a staffing problem. Wait staff was rushing around and did not spend much time with the patrons, did not refill water glasses or offer other beverages, took away the olive oil for our bread while we were still eating, and almost lost my credit card (a diner found it on the floor). The food was good, but the limited holiday menu did not offer many choices to my liking.
- Romantic environment, classicOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2011Romantic environment, classic Italian fare. Nice wine list. Overall it was a pleasant dining experience.Special Features:
- You got to be kiddingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/12/2011I took us over an hour to get our appetizer and then another hour and al half to get our dinner. When we first came in we were shown to the bar but there was no bartender so we never got any drinks.u Apparently the waiters make their drinks for the tables they wait on. During the course of our meal we saw three couples just get up and leave. Therewas one guy who refused to pay his bill due to what he attributed to be poor treatment by the waiter and the length of time that he had been sitting with no food and drink. At one point I thought the police were going to be called. Our waiter kept apologizing for the situation but as he said I have to wait also. At one point he could not even find any vodka to fill our drink order. Don't do it.
- Unacknowledged, we walked outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/12/2011Hoping for a romantic Valentine's weekend dinner with my wife, we checked in for our 7:30 reservation. After a few minutes, we were directed to the small bar, where we went unacknowledged by the 2 men running back & forth (there were 3 other patrons seated there). After 5 minutes of being ignored by them, the hostess returned to show us to our table - which was right there in the bar area facing the bar (pretty far from romantic!). We sat for another 5 minutes, again unacknowledged (no water, no bread, no "someone will be right with you"), before we finally got up and left. We headed over to Aldo & Gianni in Montvale where we had a wonderful dinner! To add insult to injury, Valentino's unbelievably reported us to Open Table as a "no show".
- Don't ever eat at Valentino'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/12/2011I would not recommend this place to anyone. We had my father's 80th birthday party there. All of the help was 60+ and didn't move too quickly. Food took forever to come. We got there at 7 and didn't leave until 10:30. Courses were a minimum of 1 hour apart. The cake we ordered was never delivered as well. Apparently they knew this at 5PM and did not call to inform me of the mishap so that I could stop and bring another cake. They informed us after dinner was done as we were waiting for the cake to be brought out. Needless to say we did not stay for coffee and desert. My brother did ask them if they could at least bring us 1 piece of cake with a candle so we could sing happy birthday to my father.
- NEVER AGAINOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/12/2011The "specials" all of which are on the menu and the only thing special was the price. $48.00 for a dover sole. Service was very poor. We were the first in the dining room and before we were done with dessert the dining room was deserted by the patrons who didn't get dinner. One hour wait for appetizer another hour for dinner. another hour for check and dessert. NEVER AGAIN! Rename the restaurant Valentino's Odyssey.