Vale Bar and Grill
625 Rivervale Road
River Vale, NJ 07675Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Vale Bar and Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.valebarandgrill.com/
- Phone: (201) 391-3195
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday 3:00 pm till 12:00 am
Wednesday 3:00 pm till 12:00 am
Thursday 3:00 pm till 12:00 am
Friday 12:00 pm till 2:00 am
Saturday 12:00 pm till 2:00 am
Sunday 12:00 pm till 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Live entertainment in our bar/lounge most Friday and Saturday nights, beginning at 9pm.
- Special Events: Be sure to check our website for upcoming special events!
A word from Vale Bar and Grill
Situated in the very center of town, Vale Bar and Grill has a unique opportunity to become a neighborhood gathering place, celebrating the town’s historical charms and distinctive character. The mix of old stories and new experiences will attract guests both young and young at heart. Sal and his family look forward to bringing their flavors of culinary specialties to River Vale. Good company and good food ….Vale Bar and Grill is here for the local communities as a destination where friends and family can meet up for a cold beer and share a great meal!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vale Bar and Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (13)vibrant bar scene (11)good for groups (6)kid-friendly (5)romantic (3)special occasion (3)hot spot (3)notable wine list (2)fit for foodies (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Very pleasant surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/22/2014I had heard about this restaurant from some friends that live in the area and hadn't gone there just because it is close to 40 miles from my home. I decided to make the trip and was glad that I did. The establishment is tastefully decorated and well maintained. Everyone was very pleasant and cheery. We were greeting by valet parking and the attendant gave us a nice welcome. The server was knowledgeable about the menu. The host thanked us for coming when we arrived and when we left. I will be back and will recommend this place to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch at ValeFabulous50Dined on 11/16/2014Highly recommend the Sunday Brunch- complete with mimosas and a wonderful jazz vocalist, Annette Genovese. It's a real treat and we plan to give holiday gift cards specifically for the brunch to our friends who need a special treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceDougCDined on 11/15/2014A bit of a distance from where we live, but worth it, the food, service and atmosphere were great. This is our 3rd time back here and have not been dis-appointed. Everything works well. They also have a great bar area that was hopping at 10:30 pm. Everyone commented that the food was very good. We will be back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local Hot spotJustjessnjoyVIPDined on 11/14/2014The decor and atmosphere is very nice. We ate in the dining room but could see that the bar area was full. The dinner menu food was ok. Not great, not bad, a bit pricey.Special Features:
- Good food at reasonable pricesluvtoeatDined on 9/20/2014The risotto special was excellent. Food and service very good.Special Features:
- Good overhaulLocaljDined on 9/13/2014Food was very good. Ordered pork chops and they were incredibly tender and juicy. The salad was huge and I didn't think I'd finish it but it was so lightly dressed I happily gobbled it down. The bar after was okay. Drinks were consistent and okay, a little weak - a smidgen stronger I would've liked. The service was not great. Not terrible but since they seemed to be prepping for band and the evening crowd, we were a little ignored. We came earlier than usual so I suppose it was just the timing. Will definitely be back. I hear the burgers are amazing!I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighborhood hot spotLokinVIPDined on 9/5/2014Loved the ambiance and variety of choices on menu--theres something for everyone! Food was good -but not "fit for foodies" But thats not what this restaurant is all about. Nice wait staff, very friendly and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mellsleepingdog3Dined on 8/8/2014This was our 2nd time visiting Vale Bar and Grill and we were just as pleased as the first time. The atmosphere is at once homey and sleek. Very inviting. We were seated promptly by a very nice hostess, and wait staff immediately tended to our needs. The food is fabulous here. Nice wine list. There was a slight delay getting our meals to the table, but we'll attribute that to it being Summer and the restaurant possibly not expecting it to be as busy as it was and not having enough help in the kitchen. Something for everyone. Love the atmosphere: low lights, soft candles. Sleek décor. What's not to love? We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 71 reviews are from the Vale Bar and Grill reviews archive.
- love the staffktothezDined on 6/15/2014I gotta say that we absolutely love the staff at this place, and it's really the only reason we keep going back (besides the convenient location for us). The food attempts to be good, but it's just mediocre. Probably better known for their good burgers and steaks, I would stay away from the seafood. This is a great place to go and have a drink in the bar area and grab some appetizers. And although I did not select 'kid-friendly', we have brought our young kids here twice and they were well received and enjoyed it just fine.Special Features:
- Food very good. Extremely loud barKC77Dined on 6/13/2014Food was very good. Service good until out waitress left for the night without telling us. Very loud bar. But nice ambience in the restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and Funsleepingdog3Dined on 6/13/2014This was our first time visiting the Vale Bar and Grill and we definitely enjoyed our time there. All food was cooked to order, and enjoyed immensely. This is a very pretty restaurant, soft lighting and comfortable distance between tables so you won't hear too much of someone else's conversation. We will definitely be back... and soon.Special Features:
- Vale was perfectpwarDined on 6/7/2014Four of us had dinner last night at Vale. We got a nice corner table and, although the noise level was moderate, the tables are spaced well and the decor seemed to mute the sound a bit so the noise was quite manageable, even for my hard-of-hearing mom. The wine list could have used a few more selections "by the glass" and they were out of the bottle that I selected. However, the waitress recommended a wine that matched what I was looking for and not a bank-buster. The service was very good and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- First timersmitchVIPDined on 5/31/2014The ambience is very nice and so are the specialty cocktails - try the tootsie roll - the Saturday night crowd was very light so the energy level was not there. We stuck with salads and burgers which were very good and well sized - maybe next time we'll be braver with our menu choices
- Great 30th birthday30thTimerDined on 5/17/2014The title basically says it for me. I went there for my 30th birthday, all dressed up as was the rest of my family with me. I had gone once for lunch and noticed everyone in business attire and thought to do the same for a special occassion. The food was great and for the prices you really get a plate full, not just something that fills the inner circle of the plate and nowhere else. The fact that they even serve craft beer is just a huge bonus to the place. My whiskey at the end was a little watered down (and served cold in a cold glass) but I can let that by since they gave a healthy amount. Overall I will be back here for more of dinner/lunch but not as nearly dressed up. Thanks for giving me a great birthday dinner!Special Features:
- ValeNJFanDined on 5/13/2014Very good short ribs. OUTSTANDING risotto. RecommendSpecial Features:
- Neighborhood go toAplacetogoDined on 5/10/2014Glad to see vale is doing well. The food and service were very good. Look forward to returned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive and DisappointingLadyDined on 5/3/2014The restaurant was completely renovated and looked great from the outside. The inside was very nice as well. Service was good, very attentive and friendly waiter. Fresh mozzarella was nothing fresh at all - definitely bought from a store, and the portions are extremely small, and the prices are high. Will not be back.Special Features:
- Second Time PerfectEscape2PleasureDined on 5/2/2014After opening dined with a friend and had a so-so experience. Many moons later took a bunch of relatives and had a great meal and had a near perfect time. I'm not a "nit picker" so won't start now. Would definitely recommend this place now!Special Features:
- Great time at Vale!MikeDined on 4/26/2014My wife & I went there this past Saturday night. We had a drink at the lively bar area while waiting for our table to be ready. Later we enjoyed crab cakes, short ribs dinner, wine & crepes for dessert. Our server was very friendly & did a great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- having a bad daysunnyrocksDined on 4/21/2014While I would still recommend Vale, my last experience was not very good. The service is always great but the food wasn't prepared well. There were 4 of us and we all had various hamburgers. Mine was raw instead of medium rare and all of us thought our dishes lacked flavor. They may have been having a bad day or maybe there was a different chef that day. We were disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentLisaDined on 4/20/2014Never disappoints. We went for Easter and I was pleased that they had their regular menu available in addition to an Easter special menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hail ValesunnyrocksDined on 4/12/2014I had the Calamari stuffed with crabmeat and shrimp-very good and completely stuffed. The salads are large and really good. We went on a Saturday and it was very crowded the whole time but the wait staff never made us feel rushed. We have been there for lunch and enjoyed it just as much. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be back!sunnyrocksDined on 4/5/2014What a treat to have a really good restaurant in town. We were in a rush and the waiter made sure our food was out in a timely fashion but cooked just right. We were very happy with the quality and quantity of the food and the service was exceptionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/2/2014While the ambiance in the Vale Bar and Grill is wonderful and the bar scene was hopping, the food and service was just ok and I most likely will not go back nor would I recommend this place to anyone for lunch or dinner. Coffee was old and had to be sent back with a request that a fresh pot be made. Capuccino we ordered was cold and also had to be sent back. Selected two different items off the dessert menu (one recommended by our server) only to be told one item was not longer offered and the recommended item was not fresh and the Chef did not want to serve it to us.Special Features:
- AwesomeLisaDined on 3/29/2014The food and service were excellent. This is my 3rd visit and the restaurant never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014Let's begin with the bar...it's lively, the bartenders are friendly making it feel like "Cheers" where you drop by and they know your name. The drinks are good and they have a diverse martini menu! Moving into the restaurant area, the decor is simple but very smart toping it off with lighting that is perfect giving it an elegant atmosphere. The menu has wonderful entrees, everything was fresh, cooked just right and seasoned to perfection. Rounding off this wonderful dining experience with excellent service. I recommend Vale Bar and Grill highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful! A relaxing andOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014Delightful! A relaxing and most enjoyable evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and not rushed!robinmalleyDined on 3/15/2014The food was better than it was the last time we were there! The service has also improved. We were not rushed and were able to enjoy out dinner!Special Features:
- New Favorite RestaurantbarbeDined on 3/14/2014From booking our reservation online, which was a nice touch, and being greeted by the hostess who had our table ready, it was a great start. The vale martini was something different, but great! I had the short ribs and they were excellent. Everyone at the table enjoyed their meals as well. Save room for desert as the lava cake and crepes were amazing.Special Features:
- Service needs big improvementjen46Dined on 3/8/2014The order of one member of my party was completely wrong. Ordered coke, received diet coke, ordered chicken parmesan, received chicken francaise. Both items were corrected but the chicken was overcooked in part and dry. My dish was not as ordered, but I ate it anyway. There seems to be a lack of leadership in management. After the errors, no one in management ever came over to ask if we were satisfied. The restaurant is beautiful and very close to home. We were so disappointed and may try it again in 6 to 12 months, but maybe not.Special Features:
- very nice pubbdegs123Dined on 2/20/2014good food, reasonably priced wine list. very nice ambiance with excellent service. nice bar.Special Features:
- My family tends to stick toOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/25/2014My family tends to stick to the same restaurants in the area but decided to give Vale a chance. We were all pleasantly surprised from the atmosphere to the selection of beers on tap to the food. Everything was extremely enjoyable and allowed us to have food we typically would not eat. I normally never order dessert but how can you not have a crepe with nutella when it is on the menu. Also, they had live music in the bar that sounded great. My only complaints would be the tea selection was very limited and we waited over 30 minutes even with our Open Table reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little too kid friendly.KK2ndDined on 1/25/2014There was a large group of children ( 8) sitting next to us. Their parents were about three tables away. The parents were inattentive and the children were being as you would expect unsupervised children to be. It was quite disturbing. I'm a teacher and at one point I instinctively glared at them. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and worth another visitAmazingplaceDined on 1/23/2014We had a nice meal. Good appetizers, very tempting entrees and a nice selection of proteins and fish/seafood. Execution was good. My double cut pork chop came as two pork chops, which negates the reason I get pork out. They were overcooked but would have been cooked perfect had they kept them as one "double cut" pork chop. The sauce on the chops was fantastic! Borolo braised short ribs were very taste, and eggplant rolatini was good as well. A good meal but not out of this world. Will definitely try them again and will make a final decision then. Wine list was nice, but limited, which is OK. Had a very nice Merlot at a reasonable price. I would give it a try.Special Features:
- My husband and I had our dateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2014My husband and I had our date night at Vale. It was our first time at the restaurant and we both had a great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Virgin experience positivesmooth14Dined on 1/17/2014Very attentive service, food was tasty, music was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependable food - gettingMikeTsVIPDined on 1/11/2014Dependable food - getting better with each visit. Fist time must have been when they first opened and the service was confused. Third time was last weekend, and it was greatly improved. The building renovation was done tastefully and it makes the place elegant, yet comfortable like a ski lodge. Give it a try - give them your feedback on the spot. Thee owners seem like they really are invested and want to make this place work. Out of three meals, I had a chicken Milanese which was not quite as crisply pan fried as you would want in perhaps not the best olive oil, A pork chop that was very good, and a filet mignon with sautéed onions served over a crisp potato hash which was outstanding, Getting better every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally Got In...HungreeBoyDined on 1/11/2014After seeing a very crowded restaurant for the first few months of Vale's entry to the area, my wife and i were finally able to critique the new venue ourselves. The atmosphere was immediately inviting (and comparisons were naturally made concerning the previous restaurants which occupied the location)... From beginning to end, our dining experience was a pleasant one: the review of prices once menus were given met our approval and our wait staff was warmly cordial and helpful. Of course, our main focus was on the presentation and quality of the food, both of which were very good. Portion size was about right (we weren't 'stuffed' or 'left hungry') and were able to share a 'yummy' dessert. We're glad to have Vale as a new local favorite!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice for a special occasionbigbellyDined on 12/28/2013Was expecting more of pub menu (based on the name = Vale Bar & Grill) and ended spending more that expected. However the Wasabi Crusted Ahi was one of the best I ever had. The garlic shrimp appetizer was great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been several timesLuv4foodDined on 12/26/2013We have been several times and each time we just found the food to be fair at best.. It's conveniently located for us but I would only go back for a drink and light bite.. Big bar scene..Special Features: