421 West 13th Street
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.valbellanyc.com/
- Phone: 2126457777
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Sebastiano Zagaria
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Valbella
The trendiest Manhattan restaurant in the Meatpacking District with contemporary Northern Italian cuisine made from the finest ingredients. The attentive and knowledgeable staff always provides impeccable service, allowing you to just sit back and enjoy your dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Valbella - Best Restaurants in Meatpacking District ›
Valbella reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (65)romantic (52)notable wine list (50)fit for foodies (47)good for groups (39)neighborhood gem (32)hot spot (29)vibrant bar scene (8)great for lunch (7)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Good Food - Service not so muchOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/30/2014Delicious Italian food. The menu is varied and it is quickly apparent that the food is fresh and well prepared. While not inexpensive, the portions are substantial. The place can get noisy when it fills up but tolerable. Our issue came with the service. There are loads of servers running around and food arrives promptly. However, to get someone's attention for more bread, water, etc is no easy task. Hard to figure. Also we found it odd that no one comes over to check if you need anything, ask how you meal is, etc. There are so many servers running around that this is hard to figure and the place was not full the evening we were there. We will gladly return - maybe just an off night - but should be better at these costs.Special Features:
- Amazing Gem/Meat Packing DistrictOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014What a great dinner experience. The food was outstanding and the service was better than the food.Special Features:
- Great place to celebrate!joysDined on 8/27/2014I recently celebrated my birthday at Val Bella with my family and we had a wonderful meal. Service was spot- on and the food was beautifully presented and delicious. The staff is so warm and accommodating and I look forward to going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfectLilyDined on 8/22/2014Everything about this restaurant was lovely except that my entree was so salty I could not eat it. I ordered the chicken with spinach and mushrooms. My husband loved his meal, but I was disappointed in mine.Special Features:
- Great foodKortex4VIPDined on 8/15/2014Really great food. Very friendly staff. Linguine fruitie de mare was incredible! Lump crab meat, lobster tail and jumbo shrimp was so good. Thin linguine al dente. Still thinking about the food 2 days later.Special Features:
- Fantastic!GerryVIPDined on 8/14/2014Being a Connecticut Valbella!! fan, Valbella!! Meatpacking was fantastic again too. Memorable food. Attentive, intuitive service from the door to the table. An quiet, summer table by the open french doors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond jewel in the RoughBobBostonDined on 8/13/2014I am no food critique but this Restuarant is Surrounded by the character of the meat packing district; Valbella stands out from his sleek exterior to it's outstanding interior Restuarant atmosphere that feels like the old country and who chef prepares the finest Pasta, beef and seafood dishes. So delicious that my daughter and I came back again with our family to eat here again. All of the unbelievable dishes and made to order nightly specials are served up by an amazing staff and management team. They also have the best homemade deserts in town !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!Bbarg1967Dined on 8/9/2014We went for our anniversary and the food was excellent and the service was above and beyond all expectations! Wasn't too noisy, we were able to enjoy our meal and have a conversation which is hard to find in NYC. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/6/2014This is a fine restaurant with a great owner and employees.Truly a gemSpecial Features:
- Nice find in MeatpackinghootieDined on 8/4/2014Great service, very friendly and accommodating. Enjoyed the food, great creme brûlée!Special Features:
- EaterDined on 8/2/2014Food was fantastic! Good for large groups. If your looking for something quiet and romantic not sure this is the place for you. Could not be in a better neighborhood.Special Features:
- Great StaffNiniDined on 8/1/2014The staff was attentive and there to serve! The Bellini was AMAZING! I would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceTGG1VIPDined on 7/29/2014We had a reservation at another restaurant (through Open Table) who cancelled 4 hours before we were supposed to be seated because of "renovations" (Really? You only found that out at 3pm on a Tuesday afternoon?) Needless to say we will never go there again and it was one of our favorite restaurants. We had been to Valbella before and always had a good experience, so decided to switch our reservation to this restaurant. We were not disappointed: The service and food were simply excellent. We have a new favorite restaurant!!Special Features:
- We had a fabulous night!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/26/2014We were celebrating our anniversary. Food was amazing and service was outstanding!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodluvedItDined on 7/26/2014The food was simply delicious and the wine options were perfect. The cocktail menu options were also great.Special Features:
- liking coming homeBadekoyaDined on 7/23/2014staff here makes you feel welcome from the moment you walk in. very attentive. went there for dinner with a colleague and we didn't look at the menu once. our waiter was so knowledgeable and well versed in the dishes that we picked many items based on his recommendations. quite impressive with an old school italian charm.Special Features:
- The best!!!LucyluDined on 7/19/2014One of the best Restaurants I have ever dined at! The food was delicious, the service was spectacular. Not to mention the owner was there checking on everyone's dining experience. Such a great guy. He did a wonderful job with the restaurant!Special Features:
- Exceeded all expectationsNewtoNYDined on 7/17/2014The food was fresh and prepared to perfection. My husband and I were talking about days after.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old School Among The NewcomersFoodguyDined on 7/17/2014Valbella does everything right. Attractive hostess, professional management, skilled and attentive servers, excellent food, impressive (albeit overpriced) winelist, chic decor, and well stocked bar. In a neighborhood with too many restaurants focussed too much on being trendy or "sexy", Valbella delivers on what really matters; outstanding food and great service, while holding its own with a beautifully designed bar and dining room. As an added bonus, you can actually hear the person sitting next to you. Was just there with a group of six and will be back as soon as possible. Many of its neighbors could learn a thing or two from this very cool yet Old School gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Class ExperienceHermanatorDined on 7/12/2014Valbella is a first-class establishment. The food is superb. The pasta dish, Filet Mignon and salads were all perfectly prepared. The front of the house operates like a precision clock. Definitely a 5 star experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SPECIAL OCCASIONHelenAnn73VIPDined on 7/12/2014This was our fifth visit here. We have always been taken on time. Food is excellent. Shared stuffed zucchini flowers as appertizer - delicious!! Friends we were with said the veal dish they had was the best ever. Dessert was souffles and the napoleon which was light as air. Can't wait to have it again! Staff very friendly & professional especially David. Can be expensive so save for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Serviceluv2dineDined on 7/10/2014Service was great although seemed to have quite a few business dinner patrons.Special Features:
- Excellent service!JBlackDined on 6/28/2014We were there to celebrate a birthday and our waiter made our night a night to remember!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & serviceMullDaddy06Dined on 6/28/2014The food and service were outstanding. Portions are huge too. The food takes the cake as everything was so fresh and tasty.Special Features:
- THE finest restaurant in NYCOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014Truly the best place for exquisite dining in NYC. The owner of the restaurant is a gentleman and a wonderful restaurateur. From the moment you are seated, you are greeted with wonderfully baked fresh bread, warm and crusty. The caprese salad was undeniably the freshest mozzarella I've ever tasted. Their salads are presented wrapped in a cucumber bowl that is not only an artful presentation, but delicious. Their pastas are incredibly flavorful with the richest mouthwatering sauces. Amazing selection of specials that are mind boggling and then there is the full menu. The only problem is trying to decide which entrée to have. If you are looking for a dining experience that is unforgettable,-the answer is Valbella. There is no rival.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014expensive but worth it food and service impeccable...friendly...not a bad thingoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentmesjmaDined on 6/26/2014Great restaurant in meatpacking district. Sophisticated Northern Italian. Pasta with truffles was sublime. Gnocchi with filet ragu super, as was filet with shrimp. Scallopini very tender. Service was perfect; not overbearing. Wine list extensive, but inadequate selection under $100. Few can afford $400 bottles, even with expense account. Compare wine list at Babbo, with many more low-end options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014Had high expectations but we found the staff rude and brash, and the food was 'ok' - over rated.
- WowSagHarborDiner4everDined on 6/24/2014Truly a special place that knows how to create a dining experience. Food is spectacularSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valbella never disappointsNicv33Dined on 6/21/2014This was not my first time to this restaurant. I am so glad to see that no matter when you go they are always on their A game. Food and service was still outstanding. I booked for a large party well in advance. They gave us a great table in one of the private upstair rooms. Everyone LOVED it, and loved the food and service. Valbella thanks for a GREAT night!Special Features:
- Best Napoleon EverSethVIPDined on 6/21/2014I found this though OpenTable, which has never steered me wrong. I had a half order of the Fra Diavolo pasta as my appetizer, and it was excellent, with big hunks of lobster. My Veal Scallopini Martini was also delicious. My wife had the Clams Oreganata, and said they were the best she ever had. The desserts are what blew us away, though. We had read the reviews and ordered the Napoleon for the two of us. It was made to order, and would have fed six. The toasted almonds gave it a terrific flavor. Our waiter, for no apparent reason, brought us a second dessert of their chocolate souffle, on the house. It was very well made and delectable. All in all a terrific meal.Special Features:
- Dessert of a Lifetime!ContessaVIPDined on 6/18/2014Don't miss Valbella! My friend and I had a perfect lunch: the veal chop (one of the most succulent ever), with sautéed spinach was delicious, and the bronzino was spectacular. The napoleon was THE BEST DESSERT I HAVE EVER EATEN ANYWHERE including Paris! Do not miss this. It is made to order and is covered in toasted almonds. It is an extraordinary combination of textures and flavors. The portion is large and I ate every last crumb. Whenever possible I am going to return if only to have an espresso and this dessert. The restaurant gets five stars and the napoleon gets ten stars.Special Features:
- Timeless classic...OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/17/2014A wonderful dining experience... with great staff... and an amazing host.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014the food is excellent the waiters make you feel special service is great cant wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great special occasion restaurantckc680VIPDined on 6/14/2014Great restaurant for special occasion. Not enough wines under $100 / bottle. Superb service. Accommodating chef for vegetarians. Gets noisy as the place fills up.Special Features:
- JudyDined on 6/13/2014It was excellent, but too much food, wish we would have shared the entree, we had a Napoleon dessert and made myself eat all of it because it was the best thing I ever ate. My husband ate all of his share too and he is less of a sweet tooth than me. I heard him tell our daughter how good it was. We did have 4 courses, and we never do that, so it was our own fault.Special Features:
- Amazing and Extraordinary!!bellVIPDined on 6/12/2014From beginning to end, absolutely one the finest restaurants in Manhattan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & wine, nice ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/10/2014Pricey, but great for a nice occasion. The ambiance is a bit calmer than most other restaurants in the area, which is nice if you are looking for something a bit more low key but with excellent food & wine.Special Features:
- Place to go for fine food, wineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/10/2014Vabella is a NYC gem! If you want fine food, a great wine list, atmosphere and service that will rock your socks off, This is the place.Special Features:
- WoWcookie45Dined on 6/9/2014David still has the magic touch! After eating frequently in the CT restaurant, we ventured downtown to this Valbella. Food and service were excellent. Pastas cooked exactly right - al dente. A half order of pasta split between two gentlemen could have been dinner. The cold seafood appetizer also was large enough to be a dinner. Wild salmon paillard with arugula, fennel clementine salad was out of this world. When a very loud, boisterous party was seated next to us, they held our entrees while they moved our party of five to another, quieter table in the blink of an eye. Highly recommend.Special Features: