11 East 53rd St.
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.valbellamidtown.com/
- Phone: 2128888955
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Joseph Giordano
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
A word from Valbella Midtown
Indulge in Manhattan's finest Northern Italian cuisine prepared under the careful direction of One of Manhattan's Best Restauranteurs, to which one can perfectly pair our impressive wine collection from around the world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Valbella Midtown reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (22)special occasion (22)romantic (20)notable wine list (18)neighborhood gem (14)good for groups (11)great for outdoor dining (11)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (5)great for lunch (5)late-night find (3)Show More
- Great Place!DoloresVIPDined on 8/27/2014We have been here on several occasions the food and service has always been outstanding.Special Features:
- Much too noisyCarolVIPDined on 7/15/2014We had read that this place was a sleeper and quiet enough for conversation, but it was raucous. For me this spoils an expensive dinner. Only go if you like to shout.
- Meatpacking location much betterAnonymousDined on 7/9/2014Service terrible, food took forever to be served and once it was steak that was ordered medium came out raw...food was good not great... Been to Meatpacking location a number of times it was much classier, better everything...this was very disappointing.
- DisappointingAPkaoVIPDined on 6/28/2014After reading the reviews for this restaurant I was quite disappointed. On the Saturday evening only 3 tables were occupied. While one waiter was serving food the others were moving the content of the bar to another place as they were going to rebuild it. The food was okay but for a small starter and pasta as a main dish to pay $240, including one bottle of wine, is rather high. I would not visit this place again
- Early Saturday EvePasmd007Dined on 6/21/2014Nor crowded, attentive staff with excellent suggestions about what courses work well together, wine list expensive with few gems, but nice Italian choices.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/10/2014Wish the vibe was better, little too sleepy, food was good, wine selection very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was ok!MrizVIPDined on 6/7/2014It was ok I wouldn't go back. The restaurant was empty on a Sat. Night. They didn't have any of the wines we wanted, they only had the really expensive bottles. Expensive wines is such a waist of money. The food was ok I have had better and to their defense I usually don't go to Italian restaurant. I can cook it a home. The service was great.Special Features:
- Wine availabilityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014When I go out I like to have a good wine with my meal. Although I do not mind spending a few dollars I do like to have the choice on where to spend it. You should offer more wines under 75 per bottle. Not everyone is able to afford the majority of wines on your list. Why keep wines in the upper tiers? You probably have over 100K in unused inventory for all th bottles you have stiacked in the upper tiers. Do they really need to be full bottles of wine? Bring he bottles own and used them. Maybe you can recoup the money you spent on the in the first place.Special Features:
- Superb Food and Ambiance.xxxxVIPDined on 5/29/2014This was the second time that we have dined here. We visited their other New York location many times. The food here is as fine as the meatpacking location. The crowd is different and being older I fine it less noisy and a bit more civilized. The wine list is the same, so why travel all the way downtown if you live on the upper east side or midtown. I recommend the veal dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal place!YessssssssssssDined on 5/22/2014Highly recommended from a big NYC foodie! Service , ambience , wine list...all extraordinarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a tripKitchenlessmanVIPDined on 5/22/2014Excellent food; attentive but not overpowering service; modern chic ambience. Ordered the seafood pasta and while most restaurants serve some seafood and a little pasta, valbellas was just the opposite. Plenty of well seasoned lobster, shrimp and crab and just the right amount of al Dente cooked linguini. Definitively recommend valbellas. It was just a well run restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/21/2014While I had experienced Valbella in the Meatpacking District some time ago, I had not paid a visit to Valbella Midtown. In a few words, the combination of beautifully prepared Northern Italian cuisine and impeccable service made it an experience to remember. From the prosciutto di parma to the exquisite linguini lightly bathed in a black truffle sauce to the perfectly prepared Scaloppini Martini, then capped off by a delicate chocolate soufflé, every bite was to be savored. My attentive and friendly waiter recommended an excellent Super Tuscan for the meal itself followed by a wonderful Sambuca con la mosca during the Dolci course. I will definitely be coming back with clients and friends.Special Features:
- Italian cuisine with great serviceJoneVIPDined on 5/14/2014I had a truffle pasta that was exquisite. A great restaurant with great service; maybe a bit pricey but still worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindUptowngirlDined on 5/13/2014What a pleasant surprise! Tired of the same old midtown restaurants? Then get to Valbella. The food was excellent, we had the Risotto with crabmeat, lobster and butternut squash, pasta bolognese and the veal martini all were excellent. The Creme Brûlée for dessert did not disappoint. Have already recommended Valbella to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceAggieheavenVIPDined on 5/10/2014Food was excellent, wait staff terrific and attentive. Fra Diavolo was one of the best I've had. Risotto was made perfect. Highly recommend to anyone that loves italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2014A bit hidden but well worth the find. Food and service were superior. Not rushed, not crushed, a midtown restaurant where you can actually have a conversation. Berlin Wall is an added touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IabeanyVIPDined on 5/10/2014Always an outstanding dining experience, with tremendous food and first class service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food, service and decor!!APellegrinoDined on 5/9/2014Valbella was amazing!!! The food was outrageous from the complimentary meat and cheese platter all the way to the last bite of our Napolian cake. The mozzarella was the best I've had ever and the pasta dish was just amazing. Lobster, shrimp and crab meat over linguini in a diablo as use was absolutely amazing. I would go back tomorrow and recommend this place to anyone looking for amazing Italian food with a fresh modern atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 138 reviews are from the Valbella Midtown reviews archive.
- LeensVIPDined on 4/26/2014Amazing food and service. Pavle made our night!!! I wish they'd expand their family and open a restaurant in Atlanta!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OveratedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014The interiors were beautiful, restaurant temperature was freezing; my husband and I had to keep our jackets on the whole time. The service and servers were so nice and professional however the silverware was dirty. The food had a beautiful presentation but was either cooked to much or bites of the food were cold. There wasn't much consistency, somethings were excellent and others were just not up to pair. I would have to say first impression of the restaurant was fantastic but as the evening went on it was overrated and disappointing.Special Features:
- Valbella's did not disappoint!BklynSweeTeeDined on 4/5/2014Valbella's did not disappoint! If you're a seafood lover then the linguine con frutti di mare is a must. This dish is ample with jumbo shrimp, succulent lobster and lump crab meat. I paired my meal with Riesling which worked very nicely. I completed my dining experience with a divine lava cake a la mode. You will be bathed by the beautiful violet lighting which instantly puts you in a relaxed mood. And the playlist will make you swoon to the rythem after each bite. If you're a stickler for service, you'll be very pleased. The staff was attentive, personable and could recite the entire menu on queue . Training is obviously a high priority here. To sum it up ...simply perfect. I definitely recommend Valbella's and will certainly visit again:)Special Features:
- Fantastic Dining ExperienceMauroDined on 3/28/2014Everything was above par, my girlfriend and I ordered the Linguini con Frutti di Mare and it was the best I've ever had, we both loved it. The service was excellent, everyone was super attentive and friendly, can't wait for a repeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, start to finishChesterDined on 3/28/2014This was a wonderful dining experienced, from our arrival at the restaurant through our heading out the door afterwords. Service was highly attentive and congenial, yet not at all intrusive. One quibble: there was almost nothing on the wine list that came in at less than $75. That said, the bottled we ended up getting, which were on the low end of the scale, were very nice indeed. This is a splurge, but well worth it. The food is delicious and presented at table with style. Very highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visited on a Friday and thoroughlyCitifoodiesDined on 3/28/2014Visited on a Friday and thoroughly enjoyed the evening. The food was delectable and the portions generous. Special mention for the Truffle pasta special. If they have it, order it. Take note, they do half portions as well. We thought that the ambiance was very nice and the noise level such that we did not have to shout to be heard. As other reviewers have noted, best Napoleon we ever had. While a bit on the expensive side, for the quality of food and the generous portions, we though it was worth it. We will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect eveningKenMDined on 3/28/2014A friend was staying at a nearby hotel, and since we've been to Valbella in Connecticut, we thought it would be a good place to meet. Much better than good! We enjoyed the attentive but unhurried service in addition to outstanding food and wine. Our guests wee very appreciative that we selected such a fine restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great find - great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/27/2014Excellent food and service in a smart inviting decor and not overcrowded atmosphere -- will definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Midtown surpriseWendyjanDined on 3/19/2014I always knew of Valbella in Greenwich, CT and was so thrilled to hear of it's 2 new locations in NYC. I just dined with a business associate and it was a beautiful venue with fabulous food. I am looking forward to going back just for a drink or a full dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant and DeliciousBeverlyVIPDined on 3/15/2014It's always a treat to dine at Valbella whether it is with a small or large group. The food is delicious. The service is outstanding. They have wonderful spaces for larger parties. It is truly enjoyable to dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but could be betteralleykatDined on 3/10/2014Great look inside - very trendy and updated. The service was great - waitstaff was very attentive. Food was okay but disappointing. My pasta was undercooked and my daughter's steak was crispy. She ordered it "medium". The appetizers were nice, the wine was good. I think it's worth a shot. We didn't send our food back, as we were headed to a show, so I can't say if they would have tried to fix it. But I think they would have, based upon the excellent service we received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey and poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/4/2014I took my clients to dinner , the service was brash and I was appalled at the limited but very pricey wine list . The decor was fine , but once the room filed up, it was difficult to continue our conversation as we could bit hear each other. The food was very good but I'm sure I can find as good accompanied by a better overall dining experience .
- ExcellentCapoDined on 3/1/2014I can't begin to tell you how delicous everything was, from the minute we got to the restaurant we were treated as royality. The food was outstanding, the wine selection had many to choose from at various prices, we wern't rushed to leave, the staff gave us plenty of time to relax and enjoy our wine & coffee. I would definatly reurn very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boutique midtown Italian bistroOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/19/2014From the manager to the waiters, all of they staff gave exemplary service. The food quality was excellent. The decor was beautiful and contemporary. I will definitely offer it to my wife for our weekly date nights! Well done, Val Bella.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time in midtown locationFoodieVIPDined on 2/11/2014This was my debut in the midtown location. I didn't love the look of the place but much more importantly, I adored the food. I had a pasta starter loaded with shellfish. It felt like a full main course portion and it was delicious. I had salmon as my entree and the sauce it was supposed to be served with did not interest me and I therefore requested a mustard sauce which was accommodated. it too was very delicious. My guest thoroughly enjoyed his food as well. I will be returning for sure.Special Features:
- Excellent! I have been theFrenchieDined on 2/7/2014Excellent! I have been the downtown location many times and it never disappoints. This location was no exception. The food and service were fantastic. If you want a sure thing, visit ValbellaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm and invitingWillbeback4sureDined on 1/27/2014Staff friendly and receptive. Great ambiance Excellent food and service Highly recomend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and greathw31Dined on 1/25/2014Outstanding food and great wines in a modern settingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very nice room with outstandingJohnEspoVIPDined on 12/16/2013A very nice room with outstanding service and food. A wonderful dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Napolean!dj58Dined on 12/13/2013Took some friends visiting from out of town and loved the restaurant. The Napolean was to die for - best I've ever had.Special Features:
- Great restaurantJayNDined on 12/13/2013Have been to Valbella before and will definitely be going there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurant .clgcoVIPDined on 12/9/2013Great restaurant in Midtown.. The service is outstanding and food could not have been better. Don't miss a meal at any of the Valbellas...Good place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.