Vail Ranch Steakhouse
27600 Jefferson Ave
Temecula, CA 92591Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Vail Ranch Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vailranchsteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (951) 694-1475
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Geoerge Kapetsonis
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Buckboard Bar-B-Que Available for off-site catering.
Whether it's a business meeting, reheaersal dinner, holiday party or family occasion, Vail Ranch Steakhouse can accommodate up to 50 guests in the Wine Room and up to 70 guests in the Banquet Room.
Private Party Contact: Jessica Neilson 951-216-8657
Restaurant Phone Contact 951-694-1475
- Private Party Facilities: Whether it's a business meeting, reheaersal dinner, holiday party or family occasion, Vail Ranch Steakhouse can accommodate up to 50 guests in the Wine Room and up to 70 guests in the Banquet Room.
- Private Party Contact: Jessica Neilson 951-216-8657x
- Entertainment: Live piano music nightly.
- Special Events: Wine Wednesdays. Half Priced Bottles of Wine. Regular Season Monday Night Football Dinner Specials. Happy Hour
Banquet Rooms available from the Wine Room that seats 50 to our Banquet Room that will seat 60.
A word from Vail Ranch Steakhouse
Vail Ranch Steak House is a Classic Steak House featuring In-House,Prime Dry Aged Beef, Fresh Seafood and Signature dishes. We offer an extensive Wine List, Hand Crafted Beer, Cocktails and Live piano music nightly.. Happy Hour in the bar and lounge: 4:00am – 6:00pm. $5 Martinis, Discounted Cocktails, Wine By the Glass.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Vail Ranch Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Temecula ›
Vail Ranch Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (16)romantic (13)notable wine list (13)good for groups (12)neighborhood gem (12)fit for foodies (9)vibrant bar scene (8)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Service with a SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2014My husband and I were all dolled up, had just come from a wedding & we were looking for somewhere nice to eat close by. I used my Open Table app & it directed us to The Vail Ranch Steakhouse, it appeared to be nice enough. We had 6:45pm reservations, but arrived around 5:30pm & asked if there was an open table? Alas, there was, the hostess was lovely; she took care of the guests before us & told us to sit tight that there were 4 large groups coming in, but she would squeeze us in before they all arrived. Our server was very knowledgeable & pleasant & took a genuine interest in the reason for our visit. The food was pretty good, we both had steaks, which were good, the au gratin potatoes that were recommended were not to my liking, but to each their own, right? Overall, I would visit again, the Service was excellent & that made all the difference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks!JAEdwardsVIPDined on 11/14/2014We love coming to Vail! Best steaks in town. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Reunion DinnerHbsgtmajDined on 11/12/2014For the most part everything was AWESOME. The dry aged steak was very good. Unfortunately, I really DID NOT LIKE the Au Gratin Potatos though. It was the only downside. Service was fantastic too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReconsiderDDLVDined on 11/1/2014This was my first time eating here. I looked up the restaurant online because I was celebrating. Birthday for my fiancé and wanted to go somewhere special. The atmosphere was ok. Their website mentioned live music in weekends which Swayed me to come here. There was no live music at all and even though the Steak was good, we couldn't eat the 2 orders of vegetables because they had WAY to much garlic on them.Special Features:
- 3 for 4outtoeatDined on 10/24/2014Four in our party. All ordered prime rib. 3 were good. The 4th had more fat than meat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at Vail RanchlcarrollDined on 10/23/2014We loved Vail Ranch. Steven, our server, is a gem and kept us entertained. The food was excellent as was the wine. Since this is more of an upscale restaurant as far as pricing is concerned, we will experience it only on special occasions. Not a restaurant we would chose to dine in on a regular basis unfortunately.... again, due to the pricing.Special Features:
- Food ServerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014My husband's rib eye steak was "chewy" and was not expecting anything when I happened to mention it. Immediately without a moments hesitation, our food server indicated she would replace that immediately with a filet. It seemed to only take moments and it was like cutting through butter - excellent!! There was a delay in providing my dessert but when that was mentioned, it was at no charge and served immediately. We do not live locally; however, any time in the future when we're in the area, this will be our first choice. Look forward to checking out lunch & brunch items.Special Features:
- Service and food qualityCovebyniteDined on 10/18/2014Dino is an excellent host. He is the manager. The bar tender, Adria knows how to mix. She is courteous. The crab leg is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceAngieDined on 9/27/2014This is a great restaurant for special occasions with some of the finest steaks in this part of California. We were celebrating my husband 70th and it seemed like the perfect place to do that. My only concern was that although I'd mentioned it was a 70th birthday, there was no HAPPY BIRTHDAY or special birthday dessert. Don't know if they were too busy but that would have finished the evening in a perfect way.Special Features:
- A great romantic eveningPorterHouseDined on 9/25/2014My husband and I celebrate our anniversary there every year. We are always satisfied with the wonderful service and the fabulous food. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhRednikDined on 9/20/2014We were a group of six for our first night in town. Looked on open table and reviews looked good. Out service from Carmela was great, and we stayed 3 hours and never felt rushed. However, the crab was VERY dry and the steaks were good but not worth the price. The drinks were also quite pricey and nothing special. For the price I will go to Black Angus or Roadhouse next time. But for a special occasion, this would be nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow and averageEssenceofRiDined on 9/11/2014I would not consider this a steak house. I would consider this an overpriced Outback Steakhouse. I can't even say that because I like Outback. The food was average, not worth the price. I don't mind paying for good food, but this was Black Angus taste at Gallagher's price (which I see Vail displays their meat like Gallagher's). I guess the hint that they aren't a real steakhouse is the fact that they only serve prime rib on the weekends. It took an hour from the time we sat down, to bring a salad. My husband ordered the short ribs. They came with a tomatoey sauce that taste like it should be on a Mexican dish. When the waiter asked how was our food, my husband responded decent. The waiter responded, "I'll take decent." WOW!
- Will be backOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014Wife and I came in for Friday night dinner while in Temecula for wine tasting. The steaks were full of flavor. We typically get steaks that are flavorful around the edges as the flavor fades towards the center. Not here. Full of flavor in every bite. The boneless chicken was to die for. Will definitely make the trip back.Special Features:
- Night with Friends...HighsideDined on 8/31/2014We invited our friends from Palm Springs, (where there are many great restaurants...) to have dinner with us at the Vail Ranch Restaurant. They raved about the food, its preparation and the service. They each had the baby back ribs and the salmon, and stated it was one of the best meals they have ever had... Whew! You never know when you recommend a restaurant how it will turn out, but in this case it was fantastic! We will definitely return for another, (hopefully) outstanding meal... Highly recommend...:-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014while pricey ($430.00) for 7 adults, the food is superb. Service could have been better. We were the only table in back room and had to wait too long for clearing of plates and requests for 2nd drinks. My daughter actually went to bar to order another round. Also, we were celebrating a birthday and waiter brought cake that we provided before clearing dinner plates. made for a very awkward celebration. had to move plates ourselves to fit cake. The food was outstanding. Other than giving the rare steak to the person who ordered med/well, no complaints in this area. will return but watch prices!!! Also, tip is included and that was helpful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- LukewarmRedgirl13Dined on 8/22/2014Our server had a grating personality and was not attentive. Bar drinks were very weak and very slow. Several families with out of control children screaming and running around everywhere. Food was good ( and pricey) so we expected better service and high-end, classy atmosphere. Felt like we were eating at Sizzler. Disappointed.
- Poorly cooked foodStarcruiserVIPDined on 8/20/2014We had been recommended to go there for steaks and ordered Filet with brussel sprouts. We ordered two medium-well steaks and we received one that was medium and the other that was medium rare. The meat was way more rare than ordered. We eat filet out at fine restaurants at least once or twice a week and this was the worst we have experienced in memory. We should have sent them back. The brussels were nearly raw and we didn't eat them.
- Great food!Jdub47Dined on 8/16/2014Ambience was not as romantic as expected, but the steak was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great "Date Night"JohnDined on 8/15/2014Great service and food. Cant wait to go back. Piano bar was rocking people were having fun.Special Features:
- Notably Bad !carlsbadguyDined on 8/9/2014Last Saturday night I had dinner at Vail Ranch Steakhouse. I was truly disappointed in the entire experience. Maybe it was just a bad night for them but almost everything was substandard. Upon entering the hostesses were disorganized and it took them a while to figure it out. They seated too many people at one time so the service was very slow and the staff was overwhelmed. The room we were seated and was very hot as the air-conditioner had a problem and we complained to management. Luckily it was rectified. With the meal, I can’t tell you how disappointed we were. Both the prime rib and our steak were what you would expect at Denny’s not bad of a nice steakhouse.
- The following 218 reviews are from the Vail Ranch Steakhouse reviews archive.
- Special OccasionRobbieDined on 7/21/2014My husband and I celebrated our 42nd wedding anniversary and the food was great, we had the prime rib & lobster dinner, which included salad and a dessert. The only thing I didn't like was the vegetable side which was bok choy, and that was the only vegetable they had, just wish they had other options. But it was a good dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in Memory...LeslieCDined on 7/19/2014The Black and Blue dry-aged ribeye blew me away. FAR better than anything in higher-priced, fancier restaurants. Flavors were amazing, and made even better by the roasted garlic. Au Gratin potatoes were not hot or very remarkable, but that steak...unbelievable. One suggestion for this restaurant: I would never have stopped here if I hadn't been treated by a friend. From the outside, with the cheap sign, it looks very much like a chain restaurant than a dinner house. Spruce up the place a bit - the food speaks for itself, but you have to get people in the door!Special Features:
- Great Temecula Celebration LocJeffDined on 7/17/2014My wife and I went to Vail Ranch to celebrate our anniversary. The food was very good, service was good also. They gave us a small delicious desert for the celebration. We will probably be back every few months.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for dinnerPennySueDined on 7/8/2014The food was great and service excellent. We have been there both in a large group and as a couple. The service has always been superb.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceFoodGoodDined on 7/6/2014This was our first time at Vail Ranch and we were a little nervous about it as we had invited my father to dinner. My dad is extremely discriminating about steak given that he is from Argentina. Our fears were abated as we all thoroughly enjoyed the meal and having the piano player there just added to the great time. The calamari appetizer was great. Bread was fresh and tasty.The steak was cooked perfectly and was buttery. The fennel accompanying the steak was nThis is an excellent restaurant and it should be supported by the community.Special Features:
- Yum!JAEdwardsVIPDined on 6/27/2014The steaks are always good at Vail. Happy to see new specials this time. We tried the beet salad and it is excellent. We are hoping the beet salad makes it on the menu as a permanent item. We also tried the halibut special. Presentation was impressive and was delicious. NY steak and rib eyes were thick and cooked to perfection. Service with Carmel was outstanding as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- phil54Dined on 6/20/2014We brought our daughter and son inlaw for her birthday; we all enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service lacking this timecherdeeDined on 6/15/2014The food at Vail Ranch is always impeccable, however a few things we thought were less than acceptable on our Father's day dinner. When we were seated we were served a basket of morning pastries which I think were left over from their earlier in the day brunch. Danishes and muffins with a $50 filet and lobster just didn't seem right. Rolls would have been nice. The tought that we were served left over brunch food was appalling. This was our 4th dinner at Vail and never served danishes at dinner. This is a up-scale dining establishment and the servers should be as such. The servers in the small room we were in seemed way too casual and unprofessional just as our server was. Doubt we will be back. Not the same Vail Ranch!!Special Features:
- Great food but maybe not for kidsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/15/2014This wasn't our first time at Vail Ranch; their food is always excellent. There is one thing that I will comment on... I took my husband & 7 year old son here for dinner to celebrate Father's Day. The waitress did tell us that they had chicken fingers or mac & cheese if our son did not want a hamburger. He went with the burger. You would think that the waitress would think not to have the lettuce, tomato and most of all the onions put on the burger without at least asking if we wanted them. She should have let the kitchen know it was for a child and to perhaps put it all on the side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousGigiDined on 6/15/2014The food was great. Would highly recommend to everyone that wants quality in there food. Enjoyed!!Special Features:
- OverpricedDisappointedDined on 6/14/2014What a disappointment this restaurant was. Took dad there for fathers day (but on Sat night). $28 for an 8oz filet that was ok. For a steakhouse that charges such high prices, it should have been great. Service was ok, nothing spectacular. Dinner came with one baby bok choy sliced in half as a vegetable and choice of potato. No salad, no soup, nothing special. I would never go back.
- StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/10/2014Attentive service staff. They were very willing to make sure everything was just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rex4meDined on 6/6/2014I had to send the ribeye back, too cheewy for $35. The filet was very tender and full of flavor.Special Features:
- GraduationChowing1Dined on 6/5/2014Went for a high school graduation would recommend.Special Features:
- Sadly disappointed...savagejimVIPDined on 6/5/2014Was expecting a lot more since their specialty is aged beef and you can even see the beef aging as you walk in the door. Attractive ambiance, but very dark inside. Server was great, my wife ordered the chicken, which was great, I ordered a ribeye, which was the chewiest piece of meat I have had in some time. Not tender at all, I have had better steaks at Sizzler. Maybe it was just a fluke, I would like to think they have better meat than what I got. Will probably try it again, was really looking forward to a great piece of meat.
- GREAT FOODMARICKADined on 5/17/2014I toke my girlfriend here on prom day we had a great dinner, Filet Mignon and King Crab legs, my favorite. They exceeded my expectations. At first we thought we were over dressed went we saw the place, but when we walked in the restaurant we were impressed. The price is fair not over the top. I'm bring my parents for my next visit. I recommend this restaurant highly.Special Features:
- Disappointing this timedaijonesVIPDined on 5/16/2014Had a great dinner here last year so went back for my birthday as special night planned by my significant other. Unfortunately not as good as last year, shrimp in shrimp cocktail were rubbery and overcooked, prime rib was chewy and service was very slow to point I had to go and ask for more water. Manager was responsive and offered alternatives but not such a good experience for a special occasion, such a shame after last year being so very good.
- Love Vail Ranch!JAEdwardsVIPDined on 5/11/2014Vail is our favorite restaurant in town. Excellent food and cocktails/wine. The service is wonderful. Everyone from the servers to bartenders to Manager really make us feel like they care. We dine at Vail often and will continue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day dinnerJohnDined on 5/11/2014My son and I took my wife out for Mothers Day to Vail Ranch. It was a last minute choice on her part and we were surprised to get reservations. The food was wonderful. I had the Pork Chop, my wife had Prime Rib and my son had a Rib Eye. All were amazing! We will be back for sure.Special Features:
- Not the gem it used to beFoodie4lifeVIPDined on 5/11/2014I went for Mother's Day, had the prime rib. Okay. Nothing special. I used to like this place, but it seemed like they put almost no effort into the quality of the food. My daughter had a filet laced with a long strip of something you couldn't cut with a knife. The green beans just had a big pile of chopped garlic on top. Very disappointing.