Vagabondo Italian Ristorante & Lounge
32 Wellington Street East
Toronto, ON M5E 1C6Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Vagabondo Italian Ristorante & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vagabondo.ca/
- Phone: 4168621999
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Davide Concas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering with Vagabondo is easy.
We take the thinking out of it and allow you to select the items you want to please your crowd. As long as you have 10 or more people to feed, it's as easy as knowing your budget per person, then selecting the flavours that fit into your budget. Really, it's that simple.
- Entertainment: Enjoy the sounds of our live DJ spinning downtempo dinner beats every Friday & Saturday in the dining lounge from 6pm to 2am.
- Cross Street: Yonge Street
- Public Transit: By subway, King street station is the closest walk to Vagabondo. Go south to Wellington and one block East to Vagabondo.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Vagabondo is located at 32 Wellington Street East. We are one block East of Yonge street on the North side of Wellington. We offer Validated Parking (2hours for lunch & 3 hours for dinner) at Imperial Parking lot (26 Wellington) located on Colborne Street. Colborne is one street North of Wellington and runs East to West. The best way onto Colborne is from Church Street. The parking lot is underground, with an elevator coming up to the front courtyard were the restaurant is located.
A word from Vagabondo Italian Ristorante & Lounge
Vagabondo is serving up some of the best traditional Italian dishes in a modern and contemporary environment. The fusion of traditional Italian flavours served with the warm sounds of down-tempo beats and world music is the perfect combination. Come and experience the way we do it at Vagabondo.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vagabondo Italian Ristorante & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (10)good for groups (9)great for outdoor dining (9)fit for foodies (5)romantic (4)hot spot (4)great for lunch (3)neighborhood gem (3)notable wine list (3)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- great serviceVaughan1Dined on 8/30/2014Although they had closed their patio early when it had looked like rain, then opened it again for us and we enjoyed a delicious meal outdoors. Both appetizers and entrees were flavourful and nicely plated. Our server knew the menu well and her timing was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fine diningGideonDined on 8/17/2014Food at Vagabondo was really good, especially mussels in marinara sauce, loved it! Service was also very good, our server was very helpful he made sure we had everything we wanted on time. Every time he came to the table he made us smile. I will definitely visit this restaurant againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out with the groupTheGroupDined on 8/16/2014Booked Vagabondo last minute and was very happy with the food and service we received. We were a group of 6 and everyone was happy with their meals. The DJ was also spinning some great tunes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great resturantIcyChanDined on 8/15/2014Excellent restaurant, good for big groups, includes private rooms, even gave a free birthday cake slice! Staff are attentive and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONDERFUL SPOTOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2014We had wine and appetizers and it was all spectacular, the sauteed shrimp were to die for !! nice ambiance and vibe with fabulous staff... a definite return visit is neededSpecial Features:
- Birthday CelebrationGideonDined on 7/12/2014Great experience once again. We have been to VAGABONDO many times and every time it was wonderful. We reserved a spot on the patio for our group of 12. Luckily the weather was gorgeous, so we got to enjoy the fountain view and scenic view of the park across the street. The good was outstanding. Pizzas are thin crust and supper yummy. They had a really cool Summer set menu. Really good baked fussily and the prosciutto appetizer. Our servers were super attentive and wonderful altogether as usual! Very one of our friends loved our pick! Definitely one of the best patios in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed Again.KittyVIPDined on 6/26/2014I wish I could have given this a better rating, but I found the service was slow even though there were no other diners on the patio. We opted to eat outside because the restaurant was catering to soccer fans and it was quite loud inside the restaurant. The appetizers we ordered came to us frozen in the middle and had to be sent back - - not a good second impression. The food was okay, but again, having receiving cold-frozen food was not a good sign.
- Great atmosphereJasonR2014Dined on 6/25/2014Great local restaurant with amazing pizza. Lounge is a great part of the restaurant. Definitely will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 334 reviews are from the Vagabondo Italian Ristorante & Lounge reviews archive.
- Second time's a charmTorontoDinerDined on 5/2/2014Tried this place again after a bad first experience. The food (we had grilled calamari and pizzas) was good, service was okay but notably ut was the server's first night there but ambience was poor. On a Fri night this place is totally empty. There were maybe 10 other diners there total. I guess it's more of a lunch spot. We felt like we were eating in a cafeteria. Wouldn't return but wasn't terrible. Be sure to note that you are parking underground before your meal or they won't be able to validate yourparking.Special Features:
- Not much to recommend it,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/9/2014Not much to recommend it, at least at lunch. Perhaps better at dinner.
- It was quiet on a Friday nightfebrDined on 4/4/2014It was quiet on a Friday night - Perfect for dinner before theatre - which is just across the road. Should have taken advantage of free parking offered. But very execellent service - very attentive and informative staff.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved our dinnerGideonDined on 3/22/2014My boyfriend and I visited Vagabondo on Saturday night. The place wasn't packed, but it was busy. Our server was wonderful. He was very attentive and helped us with our choices. The chef had an amazing Filet Mignon special. It was perfectly done with very delicious peppercorn sauce on top. We had rice balls for appetizer, and dolce vita for desert (to die for). All in all we had a great experience. Will be back for sure! Going to recommend this place to everyone we know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food (particular the pizzas)TorontoDinerDined on 3/15/2014Food (particular the pizzas) was great and they bring a huge piece of cake if it's someone's birthday but the service overall is poor and inattentive. I made a reservation for a special occasion and they sat us up front in the bar area meaning we were virtually ignored.
- wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014The minute we walked through the door we knew we were in for a treat. Great food, great service, great atmosphere. And the best part is that it wasn't too busy! How?!?!? I'll tell everyone I know!! Thanks for a great night, Vagabondo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- where is my waiter?!FoodieRobDined on 2/14/2014My girlfriend and I went there on Valentine's day for dinner. We had a reservation for 8:45 and were sitted right on time. Restaurant was very busy as expected and tables were very close to each other which made it even hard for their staff to navigate through them. It took 25 minutes for our waitress to come to our table. She was nice and friendly and apologised for the delay; it looked like they were under staffed for such a busy night. They had a pre-fixe menu for that night and we had to wait for a long time for each course of our meal to arrive. The quality of the food was very good though so if you don't mind the long waits, I would recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Valentine's MealDoreenDined on 2/14/2014I've been here 2 years in a row for their Fixe Price Valentine's day meal. Always a lovely experience, good food, big portions. The tables are placed close to each other though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- V-Day 2014VdayselfiesDined on 2/14/2014My girlfriend and I went to Vagabondo this past valentines day. We had the 4 course set, she had the chicken while I had the heart shaped pasta. Food was decent, portion size could have used some work (main was way too big). Service was great, atmosphere was alright, a little too crowded but that's Valentines day for you. Overall would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive!GronkDined on 2/1/2014The appetizers and main dishes are well done. Great big portions, great presentation, super flavors. The service, from the waitress to the manager, was excellent. They were both honest and clear which is refreshing. (they advised us we had originally ordered too much food).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/3/2014Classy, excellent food. I had the salmon fillet and loved it. Will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Friday Night Theater SupperWayneDined on 12/27/2013Had tickets to the Venus in Fur play at the Berkely Theater a few minutes drive away on the Friday night between X-mass and New Years. Originally made reservations for an early Dinner before the show, but had to change it that afternoon to a Post Theater supper. No problems with changing the reservation over the phone, for 9:30 PM that night. Service was very good, food was excellant (we both had the Chicken Parmagiana with Spagetti, followed by Tiramasu and coffee for desert). Food was prepared and served very quickly and arrived hot and fresh, but it was very quiet in the resturant when we arrived (maybe a dozen diners tops).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, a little too quietRdawgDined on 12/23/2013Not sure if this is always the case, but on the day we went we were the only party in the restaurant. The food was great, portions are huge, and waitstaff are polite and helpful. Would go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and sweet serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/17/2013The sesame salmon and halibut was cooked very well. Service was warm, attentive. I can't remember the wine, but it had a sleek shape to it - it had a fresh crispy-ness to it and easy to take down. Will come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas LunchChristmasdinerDined on 12/17/2013Excellent food and very attentive service. Sun shining through window directly in my face made it a bit hard to see but otherwise our seats were good. Pizza was delicious and so was the tea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Nice Place.GroovyMuppetDined on 12/3/2013The feedback I received on others in our party was that the pizza and caesar salad were good. The Tuesday lunch special, meat lasagna, is a favourite for two from our party - whew! what a serving size! Perfect gnocchi dumplings for the Gnocchi Pomodoro I had :-) We attended Vagabondo as it was the favourite go-to place for one in our party. He was quite happy as he often enjoys the very reasonably priced express bar items. Overall, we all enjoyed our lunch. I will probably be returning with other colleagues on occasion as well as my spouse next time she needs to be downtown for appointments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2013I attended this venue with my girlfriend before a show at the St. Lawrence Centre. We were seated at the lower lounge area which honestly isn't the best (Way too close to the bar), but they do have seating at a higher level that is probably a lot better. The service was incredible. Staff helped each other with tables and we were definitely taken care of. The food was outstanding! I'd definitely recommend this place to food lovers looking to grab a quick bite in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best you order out from Vagabondo.bobsimonDined on 11/1/2013Best you order out from Vagabondo. The food really is good, but noise levels high and service is quite slow.
- I just love the pastas! INacoleDined on 10/7/2013I just love the pastas! I enjoyed it so much I am going for the third time in a month and I don't dine out that much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnimpressedJDinerVIPDined on 9/28/2013We advised our server at the beginning of the meal that we had to be wrapped up in an hour and a half to get somewhere. We ordered our food right away - two bowls of soup and two main courses. Our soup arrived after more than half an hour. I had never before waited that long to have something pre-prepared (i.e. ladled from a vat into a bowl) delivered to my table. It took another hour for our mains to arrive. Our chicken and fish were over-cooked and quite tough. The chicken was so dry that it was difficult to swallow. We were now running late and asked for the bill. Our server dropped it off and ran away without taking the credit card we tried to give her. Another 30 minutes passed before the transaction was complete. Will not return.
- UghJimpaVIPDined on 9/27/2013The place was almost empty and while the staff was friendly enough the food was mediocre and the empty space meant zero ambience
- Outstanding freshly-made bread.SAP1VIPDined on 8/30/2013Outstanding freshly-made bread. Great patio. Excellent service. Food was above average.Special Features:
- excellent food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/27/2013excellent food, great service and very good atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Food not goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/17/2013The waitress seated us quickly, there weren't many diners. Although we never asked for bread, the waitress kept on telling us it was on the way. Turns out, the bread was the highlight of the meal. Our appetizer (risotto rice balls) was over fried , and both the lasagna and pizza, while having Italian names, did not have italan flavor. There was a think layer of low quality, tasteless mozzarella on everything.
- Ok restaurant, but overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2013I found the restaurant very pleasant. Nice outdoor patio and the indoors is very nice too. I got the Bruschetta and lemon veal. The Bruschetta was nice, although a little more tomato would have been nice. My veal was well cooked, and the sauce was ok, but it was a weird almost fluorescent yellow. The pasta on the side was ok, but I would have liked for it to be freshly made and not dried. The tomato sauce on the pasta was good. For dessert I had lemon sorbet served in a frozen lemon. The presentation was nice, but I found there wasn't enough sorbet, and when I got to the bottom, it was pretty sour because the pith had not been removed. Besides that, the sorbet was good.Special Features:
- Staff was extremely friendlyMickmunnDined on 8/4/2013Staff was extremely friendly and attentive. Food was great. Overall had a great time here, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- classic ItalianRachelDined on 8/3/2013Delicious mushroom risotto, very fresh trout prepared perfectly. Outdoor fountain makes summer eating a pleasure! Very nice, attentive, knowledgeable servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining as a Couplekindin8Dined on 7/18/2013We rarely go out for dinner so we were excited to meet downtown and go out as our children are away at this time of summer. As the maitre de took our name, we were pleasantly surprised with a quiet atmosphere and nice ambience. The waitress who served us was very courteous, humourous and catered to our every need. The only exception while dining, was we were sitting in the small secion for @ 18 and an employee who was facing our table in the long hallway was chatting on his cellphone, so I could not hear my husband. We didn't say anytihing, but if he had not left, I was ready to ask the waitress to ask him to talk quietly or move away. Other than that, I feel we will return and enjoyed our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had a great time here. ICulinarymichDined on 7/4/2013I had a great time here. I threw my girlfriend's bachelorette dinner here and everyone seemed to love the food and the drinks. I had a pizza. It was big! It was kind of cool that we had our own area of just us girls. It wasn't a busy night in their restaurant so they were able to do it. Our server was so sweet. She did her quality checks with us and was overall really pleasant. Overall the experience was good. I'd recommend this place for some yummy Italian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Take #2AlexDined on 7/4/2013Came back after a pleasant romantic first time... this time we hit the patio as the weather was beautiful! Couldn't ask for a more pleasant experience; the staff is always so friendly and the food is spot on. Can't wait for for the third time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bread to die foralbertDined on 6/28/2013The food is great but the thing that you will fall in love with the most is the fresh loaf of bread that they bake. In all my years of dining or,never have I enjoyed bread so much that I asked for seconds. Great food and friendly service but the ambiance is a bit too plain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was moderate. VegiesOksanaDined on 6/21/2013Food was moderate. Vegies were undercooked, not able to cut with knives provided. Overpriced for this quality. No "italian" feeling in the atmosphere or in the food. Probably it's just our expectations to blame. We had much higher expectations for evening dine considering the price level and location.