2310 30 street
South Park, CA 92104Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://vagabondkitchen.com/
- Phone: 6192551035
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday- Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Paul Niles
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Vagabond Kitchen
Vagabond Kitchen is locate in the quaint neighborhood of South Park, however walk in and you feel yourself being taken on a worldly adventure. We strive to take your palate across the seas to far away lands with distinct tastes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vagabond Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
- In transition?RowwrVIPDined on 8/23/2013I have been to Vagabond before and always had a good experience. This last visit was just a bit different. It seemed like half the menu(already fairly limited) was unavailable. That included wines on their chalkboard. I had brought friends that had never been and was a bit embarrassed by this. The food we did get was tasty. Which was nice. Hopefully they sort out these shortages and offer a full menu in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's going on?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2013Short rib dinner was always consistently delicious.. most recent experience: it was stringy with odd combo of ratatouille and goat cheese....not good at all !!!! What is going on?Special Features:
- This used to be one of myOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/3/2013This used to be one of my favorite places, but there was some carelessness in the service and the food this past visit, which I suspect is due to the upcoming change in ownership
- a little disappointedjoseDined on 7/19/2013i had read some great reviews before i went so i was expecting a lot i guess, and it kind of fell short. I took my girlfriend here for our anniversary, and the ambiance is good for it, very nice looking and unique place. Our waitress was nice, but disappeared often and we spent more-than-average amounts of time waiting/looking for her. Our appetizers were carne asada tacos, while very small, tasted great, but were cold. For the entree i got the burger, well done, and it was spot on. Great tasting, very filling. My fries were oily but tasted good. My girlfriend ordered the steak well done, and it fell a little flat. The meat in my burger felt like a higher quality cut of meat and had more flavor.Special Features:
- Not a good evening.FabioDined on 7/8/2013I returned to the restaurant because I had a couple of good experiences in the past; not so this time, perhaps because it was a Monday evening. We were offered a different wine than the one selected (the assumption was that we were not going to notice the difference). The appetizer was excellent but not so the entree, which seemed to be prepared very quickly with undercooked food, which we did not eat. We were not charged for the dish and the staff was very understanding.
- Great yet again!rochsaysVIPDined on 6/29/2013This is such a great neighborhood gem. The food is great. The service is helpful and very friendly. I enjoyed the beet salad and one of the cheese boards. The food isn't too heavy and you can really taste the freshness and high quality of the ingredients.Special Features:
- Very limited menuMOLMDined on 6/27/2013We took out of town guests to the Vagabond, expecting the quality that we had had s while back. The menu was reduced to about half a dozen entrees. Then the waiter informed us that they were out of most of the fresh seafood, and the special, short ribs. Told us something about problems with the supplier. He was apologetic, but in sort of a whiny way, definitely most concerned about his tip. The food we got was very good, and prices reasonable, but the selection was not adequate. Hope it was just that night?
- EhErrrcaKDined on 6/11/2013We used to love this place, it was our go to romantic foodie night out. I don't know what happened but the menu only had 6 dinner selections and it just left us underwhelmed. We were disappointed and probably won't go back. The food was good but not gourmet like it used to be.Special Features:
- Small but awesomeYummyEatsDined on 6/4/2013Very quiet atmosphere, cool decor, friendly owner...our server was a little too quiet. Food was definelty the shining star!!! For a neighborhood restaurant, everything we tasted seemed 5 star! Delicious ..i will go back for sure! They have a brunch on the weekends , if it is half as good as my dinner was than ive got myself a new breakfast spot too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute, quaint, would go back.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/28/2013Cute, quaint, would go back. Service was soooooo slowww tho ;(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Urban TreasureWoohoo21VIPDined on 5/24/2013Great little innercity gem! Small menu with great items!! Service was outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food's just hit-or-missidunnoDined on 5/12/2013Been here enough times to realize that this place is solidly mediocre, food-wise. I've found it either bland or oversalted - a couple of good things but not enough to make me want to come back. But our waitress has been stellar, and the decor is lovely (except for some of the tables for two - a little too long, makes you feel sorta disconnected from the person you're with - and I was with my sister!) I think the restaurant really needs to work on consistency.Special Features:
- We had reservations and InopeDined on 4/13/2013We had reservations and I still waited about 25 minutes. The waiter kept forgetting to bring us our drink orders. When I asked for a knife I never received it. The food was good, but the service was terrible. I will not be going here again. I don't like writing negative reviews but I have to honest. This was supposed to be a romantic date that was not so romantic due to the service we received. I was very surprised because I've heard so many great things about this place.
- Had a Nice TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/6/2013Dinner was enjoyable, restaurant atmosphere was nice, and food was good. It was a little loud and crowded and the host at the door did not have our OpenTable reservation which meant that the special requests/notes on the reservation were ignored/not seen. I did however receive the OpenTable credits for the reservation.Special Features:
- I had the flat iron steakOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/29/2013I had the flat iron steak and it was very good. But I found the menu somewhat limited and I'd like to see more choices. The atmosphere was right and the whole scene was quite enjoyable.
- We enjoyed the food very muchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013We enjoyed the food very much and the coziness of the restaurant. We found it charming and interesting. We would reccomend it to others.Special Features:
- Progressive declineOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2013When Vagabond opened it was quite good - 3-4 star but never 5 star. The last few times we've gone, the food has been unreliable and sometimes downright bad (for instance, the scallop special the past weekend). And there was only one server for the entire place - 20 tables? It's off the list unless they recoup their former edge. CWW Bankers Hill
- Not ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/2/2013Nothing to write home about... Big prices with small portions...I ordered the chicken coq de vin. It had 3 chicken legs in a wine sauce with small potatoes and mushrooms...again, not worth the price they charge. My husband ordered the lamb, and after one bite wanted to order something else. He ordered 2 expensive glasses of wine ( half full, and too expensive) Luckily we had a coupon. Will never go back.
- 5-star EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013First time to South Park and was pleasantly surprised. Eclectic neighborhood surrounds the restuarant. Great food and service. Excellent menu. It was a 5-star evening!Special Features:
- Always awesome food. SometimesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013Always awesome food. Sometimes service is slightly slow, but this time was fine. Was kind of a bummer being next to a large group tha was very loud, but nothing you can do in small restaurant.Special Features:
- Lost a customer due to bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/15/2013I hate to write a negative review; I do so hoping that it will help the Vagabond staff because I really love this restaurant. However, when my husband and I were there on Friday to celebrate our anniversary, the service was remarkably bad. We arrived a few minutes early for our 7:30 reservation and were seated promptly, but the entire meal took nearly 2 1/2 hours. The server was rude to my husband when he checked on a drink order that he'd requested 10 minutes earlier. And there was no regret expressed about the slow service. We were not in a hurry, so the wait wasn't devastating, but my husband will never go back there because of our experience. I'm sad because this is one of my favorite restaurants in the neighborhood.
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/12/2013Wow . . . this place is amazing! The chicken coq au vin was incredible. Their wines are impressive, too. The ambience and decor was rustic, quaint, & French/European. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Food was terrific. Pair thatSDdinerDined on 2/9/2013Food was terrific. Pair that with good service, a fun drink menu and great atmosphere and you have a winner. I'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Waiter was overworked andPamJDined on 1/25/2013Waiter was overworked and not communicative as to why there were delays. Appetizer was excellent though it arrived after the salad. The butternut squash on the salad was quite undercooked & flavorless. the scallops were not hot & very gritty from sand. When we mentioned this to the waiter & manager, they acted very surprised. Almost like they couldn't believe it. Great location & ambiance...I wanted & expected better
- enjoyed it, only complaintOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/19/2013enjoyed it, only complaint was noise level which was overwhelming although it was Saturday and tables were fullSpecial Features:
- My friends and I really enjoyedrochsaysVIPDined on 1/19/2013My friends and I really enjoyed the food at Vagabond. The waiter we had was friendly and very helpful when it came to the menu. The staff was very attentive and the food was delicious. I had the scallops and they were perfect! I'm definitely happy to have tried this restaurant and would go back again.Special Features:
- Very busy, under staffed thatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/17/2013Very busy, under staffed that evening. Always nice experience.Special Features:
- My 1st time going to VagabondOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/11/2013My 1st time going to Vagabond kitchen and I was pleasantly happy with all. I thought the food was excellent as well as the service. Thanks you and we'll be back!Special Features:
- At my 7:30 reservation theyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/4/2013At my 7:30 reservation they were already sold out of the salmon entree I wanted to order. The service and food were mediocre. I would not go back.
- The Best!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/4/2013The chef, Paul Nile, is amazing. We were so excited that he put his famous scallop dish on the menu as one of the specials! We love this place, we will be back soon.Special Features:
- Used to be good, b not anymore.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/9/2012Used to be good, b not anymore. Meat overdone, flavors harsh, salad was flavorless.
- I brought my brother and hisOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/23/2012I brought my brother and his two teenagers to Vagabond for a post-Thanksgiving meal on Black Friday. The kids were unimpressed with the menu but when the calamari and tuna apps were brought, they had no trouble gobbling them up! Short ribs, skirt steak and quinoa were all big hits. The food is consistently tasty and the service is also great.Special Features:
- ehOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/23/2012Ambiance was a bit strange and the food could have been better. My boss loves this place so I expected more, I suppose.Special Features:
- This restaurant totally hitsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/17/2012This restaurant totally hits the mark on all fronts: 1. First entrance - great decor, muted colors, creative concenpt of different walls depicting different corners of the earth - hence the name Vagabond 2. Very nice layout of tables - just the right density - cozy but not claustrophobic 3. Eclectic menu with exciting choices in all categories - something for every palate, every level of hunger. We each ordered two starters and shared a salad because we did not feel too hungry 4. Service - immediate attention, every dish came out at the proper pace, server (Brook) was very pleasant and knowledgeable 5.Food- well-prepared, tasted delicious, presented in just the right waySpecial Features:
- Great place for dinner with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/11/2012Drinks were a little slow to come out, but we had a great time celebrating a friend's birthday. Once the drinks came out the rest of the meal was well timed and delicious. They even gave us a complimentary dessert for the birthday.Special Features:
- Went for a date night andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012Went for a date night and couldn't have had a better timeSpecial Features:
- Although my food was quiteOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/9/2012Although my food was quite good (the short ribs), I would be very hesitant to recommend Vagabond due to the poor service we received. Once my dinner companions arrived and were seated, we waited so long for our server to show up that one of us actually got up and tracked someone down. Unfortunately, this is not the first time this has happened to me at this restaurant.
- Had not been here before,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/3/2012Had not been here before, parking a bit of a challenge but really enjoyed our dinnerSpecial Features:
- We had a great time. The foodluv2dineDined on 10/8/2012We had a great time. The food had flavors from around the world and each was unique and delightful. The spicy calamari wasn't like calamari, it was different and better -- hoisin sauce and a bit of heat on these crispy rings changed them into something much more, and almost sweet. The foodie in you will enjoy the exploration of your taste buds. I'll be back to try a completely different meal next time.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/21/2012Strong sense they cater strictly to local clientele. It was our first visit and we had a strong sense that employees were aware we were first time guests/customers. While my boyfiend and I are foodies and have frequented many eating establishments, we are not snobs or demanding. We feel places out on our first visit and take our time. However, the Vagabond is very small and intimate and it took far too long for our server to stop by, say hello and take our drink order. And it wasn't over booked, the table next to us was open. Making it more apparent, we were not the "in crowd". Not sure we will return.