1000 Ghent Road
Akron, OH 44333Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vactrat.com/
- Phone: 3306666158x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Tuesday thru Friday 11a to 3p
Dinner Monday thru Thursday 4p to 10p Friday & Saturday 4p to 11p
Closed on Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dick Kanatzar
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Vaccaro's Trattoria offers virtually any type of catering service desired, from drop-off, ready to serve food to complete in-home, multi course dinners with wait staff & on-site chef service.
- Private Party Facilities: Vaccaro's Trattoria can accommodate parties in the restaurant of up to 60 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Raphael 330-990-6158x
A word from Vaccaro's Trattoria
Vaccaro's Trattoria offers innovative Italian cuisine as well as classic favorites served in a casual fine dining atmosphere. We have a stylishly appointed bar & an extensive & thoughtfully chosen wine list to complement our menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Vaccaro's Trattoria - Best Restaurants in Akron ›
Vaccaro's Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (28)special occasion (26)neighborhood gem (26)romantic (21)notable wine list (21)good for groups (15)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (7)great for lunch (6)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Excellent Dining and Superb ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014We had a business dinner with a customer and the atmosphere, service and experience was just perfect. Thanks for a success dinner meeting and meal Vaccaro's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone downhillFoodieVIPDined on 10/9/2014Chef must have changed. Used to be terrific. Not worth the $$$
- Started slowDecentChefDined on 10/4/2014Great welcome and greeting. Waitress at table was slow to get started. Could not really describe the tasting menu nor the wine pairings. Had to ask for a wine list. Was actually scanning the room looking for the manager to get a different server when she finally engaged. Too many tables? Who knows. Once she engaged, it went great. Enjoyed the food selections. Good seasonal specials. We all enjoyed our meals. Servings are too large. Good affordable wine selection and not the same old wines. Definite bias toward EU wine-not all fruit forward..lots of Italian selections.Special Features:
- Great DinnerScottDined on 10/3/2014Excellent food, server knew her stuff, they accommodated one person in our party with food allergies very well. I couldn't ask for a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- missy and natcha and timforevermorebuckeyeDined on 10/3/2014more comfortable chairs, that is the only thing.. other than that it was greatSpecial Features:
- Tasting menuTravelerDined on 9/25/2014Splurge! The chef's menu with wine pairings is well worth the expense - we enjoyed every bite.Special Features:
- One our our favoriteslmingleDined on 9/23/2014My wife and I have had our date nights here for the past five years. We enjoy the excellent food selection and always love what the chef prepares as their special. The staff is very friendly and make just the right suggestion of what to have. The owner is always nearby to strike up a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The server was very confused.NotrealfussyDined on 9/23/2014She could not seem to get things right. What we experienced (business group of 4) did not match online reviewsSpecial Features:
- AwesomeCharVIPDined on 9/19/2014After a tough week, it was great to walk to our table and have a bottle of wine chilling! Thanks Amy!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Collection of SoulsMoosebreathVIPDined on 9/18/2014We reconnected with our party of 8 that spent the summer (2011) in Bandon, OR golfing. Great food and service.Special Features:
- Always the bestSatisfiedDined on 9/13/2014Unique and innovative means well-executed. Masterful performance from a great team kitchen to table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharVIPDined on 9/6/2014We feel like we are at home here. Everyone is so pleasant and welcoming. The restaurant has definitely become our favorite place to dine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to be overlookedGregDined on 9/6/2014One of the best finds on open table. The food was a culinary treat. The waiter was very attentive and catered to my every whim. The whole experience was very rewarding and refreshing.Special Features:
- Can't get much better than this!!PersnicketyVirgoDined on 9/2/2014Vaccaro's has been a long time favorite!! Food is superb and wonderful wine selection. Happy hour wine and pizzas daily. Our favorite here is the FRESH seafood, always with innovative preparation and accompaniments. Their bread and olive oil/balsamic/grated Parmesan is heavenly. Salads are gourmet, as well!! Service is very professional, but also warm and inviting. Well worth the drive!!Special Features:
- Again an awesome dinner!!Lizb7812Dined on 8/23/2014Our server Amy was super, bartender Crystal made tasty drinks & of course the meal was outstanding as always! Our favorite restaurant we try to go at least once a month. Keep up the great work it sure showsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaveVIPDined on 7/31/2014I met my financial advisor at Vaccaro's. After the market took a $300+drop in one day I was ready for a good meal. They have an interesting wine list and I still can pick out the ones they don't have. The waiter is very knowledgeable about the wines. He suggested one that turned out to be outstanding. Now on to the meal. They always have a feature list that is almost as big as the "written" menu. My wife went for the Salmon. She has had it before. This time with some different sides. Just like the last time it was great!. I opted for the 14 oz. steak, while a little pricey ($50) it will make about 3 meals on leftovers. We also have a great time and great food. It is becoming one of our favorite places to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never a bad experienceCharVIPDined on 7/25/2014We love the restaurant and having Amy as our waitress. She knows everything we like, including tall water glasses!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaveVIPDined on 7/25/2014As always fantastic. Foods was outstanding. Almost a full menu of features. A great place to goSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Obe of our favsNewportbummerVIPDined on 7/25/2014The chef was out so the food was slightly less then the fantastic servings that we are used to. But everyone e deserves a night off and it was still very good by other restaurant standardsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Meal and ExperienceXeniaDined on 7/25/2014The food was fabulous, with traditional fare as well as food that was for the more adventurous. The food presentation was beautiful as well. Our waiter was very nice and great service. My husband and I agreed we can't wait to go back. Also, I have been there twice for lunch and it was wonderful as well. I am a foodie, with high standards for food, and this did not disappoint.Special Features:
- Never disappointedNewportbummerVIPDined on 7/18/2014One of our favorites, out of town guested always want to revisit. Hard to choose from the menus options because I have never been disappointed. Favorite meal usually the Colorado Lamb, not on the menu but is often a specialSpecial Features:
- GastroNoDined on 7/18/2014When we arrived, we were seated promptly at a great location within the dining area. Service was very friendly and timed just right – we never felt rushed. The appetizers and the two entrees that we ordered off the menu were delicious. The specials were not as successful. Although the meat was prepared perfectly for the steak special, too many things were going on with the rest of the dish that distracted from the steak. The cioppino was very flavorful, however, the temperature profile was inconsistent – it was as if the dish had been partitioned into sections ranging from lukewarm to very hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always OutstandingMikeVIPDined on 7/18/2014What a great dinner. Great food. Great service. Comfortable setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GeorgeVIPDined on 7/3/2014One of us ordered pizza with duck. After about 10 minutes, the server advised there was no duck, so we asked about a special combination for the pizza. After about 10 minutes, the server advised that the requested combination was not available. We eventually were served after about 45 minutes. Not the greatest experience, especially since there were only two other tables seated in the room.Special Features:
- The following 325 reviews are from the Vaccaro's Trattoria reviews archive.
- As always outstanding!Lizb7812Dined on 6/28/2014Came for our 18 year anniversary and we had a wonderful dinner--chicken liver ravioli with the baby kale salad (oh my that was so good) and stuffed peppers appetizer & lasagana! Chef came out and spoke with us and we gave him raving reviews. The chicken liver had smoked cherries in it--those are amazing! will be back more often. Also had a drink called a "side car" that was so good tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/26/2014This is one fantastic restaurant ! I would highly recommend to anyone in or around the Akron Area. The food and service are outstanding ! Do yourself a favor and make sure you visit this outstanding restaurant !!Special Features:
- Always a good choicehermitDined on 6/26/2014Vaccaro's has consistently been a great place to dine.Special Features:
- Our Akron go-to place2die4Dined on 6/25/2014Love everything about Vaccaro's! I hate to rave about Vacarro's because I don't want it to get so sought-after that I have to compete for a table. Quaint bar, intimate event room, inviting and comfortable dining area are filled with laughter and happy patrons. Who wouldn't be happy when Raphael stops to talk and Chaz and his staff greet you as if you are part of the family. Oh, yes, and then there is the robust wine list and a variety of food that appeals to any appetite. The experience is a true taste of heritage wrapped in a modern presentation.Special Features:
- Hidden GemBigCheddarDined on 6/6/2014Tucked away from the highway doesn't normally mean high quality food with a killer wine list. It does here though. The wait staff seemed knowledgeable about everything, and were genuinely nice. The food was creative, and the only difficulty here is choosing what to get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AuntieADined on 5/31/2014might have been an "off" night, neither food nor service was up to their usual.
- Great RestauranteviltatsDined on 5/30/2014Vaccaro's is an outstanding find for anyone wanting a well prepared meal served beautifully in a beautiful setting. Did the 4 course chef tasting and was blown away by the food and the chef presenting and explaining each course. Each course complimented the previous and the progression was spot on. Visiting from Atlanta and found this spot to be up to par as any restaurant in a major metropolitan city. Would highly recommend for food lovers as well as anyone wanting a great evening out with a lover or friend.Special Features:
- nice experiencepuppymagicDined on 5/30/2014foos selection was good but making any changes to the menu is not accepted.Amy the server was outstandingSpecial Features:
- loved this placewinoDined on 5/23/2014went there on a friday night, traveled an hour and a half to get there and it was WELL worth the trip! the wait staff could not have been better, the food was perfect and it was very easy to find. just get off the exit and it sits there. i would recommend this spot to anyone wanting to get their italian on. if you get near akron, this is a must.Special Features:
- Could have been bettercrankygourmetDined on 5/11/2014Calamari was too oily. Pomadoro sauce was uninspired. Should it be made with diced fresh tomatoes? Pear salad wonderful. As always, great wine list. Peaceful and formal atmosphere. Variety of non Italian dishes on menu.Special Features:
- Mother's DayKevinDined on 5/11/2014You need to have a dessert tray. Yours are difficult to imagine with your descriptions.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood PlaceMikeVIPDined on 5/9/2014Great. Great. Great. Imaginative food preparation. Excellent service. What's not to like?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CaringNCgustoDined on 5/6/2014Those in positions of responsibility care about the business, the restaurant, and the customers' experience. They are working hard to bring back the glory days. Meats and high end pizzas are where the excellence is showing initially.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Your new favorite is waiting:RapheDined on 4/25/2014A truly wonderful dining experience. Friendly staff, a premiere chef and a knowledgeable, warm, engaging Owner/Host/Restaurateur!Special Features:
- Remarkable Dining ExperienceLuvglassDined on 4/25/2014Very nice ambiance and relaxing vib. Service was outstanding and wait staff was knowledgeable on menu options. Grilled Caesar salad was incredible. Lasagna was the best I have ever eaten. I shared some of the large serving with my fellow diners and they agreed it was phenomenal. They chose entrées from that day's specials and they were wonderful as well. Sauces and morels were notable. We didn't order wine from the wine list but the house wines were excellent. Wine glasses were sparkling clear and shaped to maximize the taste of the wine. We were all amused by the very large pepper mills that they used; they were about 4 feet long and the waiter could easily reach across the table to add pepper if you wanted it. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No GoMaxdineDined on 4/23/2014They were having two special groups dining and the noise level was too high. Because of the this, we decided to have dinner at another restaurant. The staff was understanding and polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.