15900 La Cantera Pkwy
San Antonio, TX 78256Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vabene-pizzeria.com/
- Phone: 2106411511
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Luciano Restaurants and Va Bene, with 3 decades of catering experience, will work with any menu for your event. Contact Bianca Centofanti.
A word from Va Bene
A taste of Naples, Italy awaits you with hand made Neapolitan pizzas cooked by certified Neapolitan chefs in a wood burning oven, all made in sight of your table. Featuring a salumeria with fresh deli slices and a mozzarella bar with made in house mozzarella, as well as a wine bar with 88 hand selected wines by glass or bottle. Va Bene will bring you to "la dolce vita" (the sweet life) with our array of shareable plates and wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Va Bene reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (4)fit for foodies (2)neighborhood gem (1)great for brunch (1)special occasion (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- Expected betterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014After hair in food, persistent fruit flies, warm/humid climate control, and returning wrong order, waiter didn't even bother to reduce bill or provide another serving - that was after returning food with hair. Manager seemed more concerned with closing out day's transactions than customer service. Poor waiter who seemed very inexperienced had no support. Manager's lack of attention to customer service appeared reflective amount his staff. Although, great pizza!!Special Features:
- Tweeness98Dined on 8/17/2014Food was not that great. Calamari bland. Pizza with slippery sauce. Best part was expresso over Nutella n ice cream. That part is worth coming back to for dessert. Service was good. Waitress was good.Special Features:
- very friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014A plus for the restaurant is that his owner is in there ready to make you feel welcome as a guest! He even prepared a special dessert for us not in the menu and agreed to put audio for the world cup game (in spanish, no less). Great place for a special occasion, no wonder we are coming back on Sunday! ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/7/2014Great service. Friendly staff. Good was very good. Owner came by to talk with us. Kid-friendly and nice ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday dinnerRyanDined on 6/22/2014Food was up and down. My wife and I had the calamari to start with and it was good-good flavor and not overly breaded/fried. For entree I had the spaghetti and meatballs and it was average at best. The sauce was watery - I got a good laugh because the menu said it was their "famous" marinara sauce and I've had better sauce out of a jar from the grocery store. The meatballs were slightly better but nothing special. My wife got the baked ziti and it was much better. She loved it and after I tasted it I wish I had got it too. They have a nice wine selection and the ambience is decent. The prices are very reasonable and the service was good-I'll give it another shot because of the ziti and calamari, but will pass on the spaghetti & meatballsSpecial Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the Va Bene reviews archive.