402 Main Street
Murphys, CA 95247Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.victoriainn-murphys.com/restaurant.html
- Phone: 2097280107
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Su 10:30am-2:30pm
Lunch: Daily 11:00am-5:00pm
Dinner: Daily 5:00pm=9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Fusion / Eclectic, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Daniel Murray
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call the restaurant for catering requests.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer one private dining room that can accommodate up to 32 people, please call for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Ninos 2097437920
- Entertainment: Please join us on Friday and Saturday night features different local live music acts.
A word from V Restaurant
V Restaurant is a European style upscale casual dining that brings a taste of European flair into the Gold Country. We also offer a full mixology bar as well as a full service European style Bistro & Bar with several mixologists on staff.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
V Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Murphys ›
V Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (19)fit for foodies (15)special occasion (14)neighborhood gem (14)romantic (13)notable wine list (4)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)good for groups (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Cozy and Accomadating & Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014I had to change my reservation at the last minute - They were fabulous about it, and got me right in. This is not always easy for a table-for-one! I was able to sit outside on the patio - the lemon-ricotta stuffed ravioli with lobster sauce and fresh crab was perfect!! It was a quick birthday dinner for me before a conference and I felt pampered and well taken care of. Great service!! (also.... the martini's were perfect!)Special Features:
- Good Food Slow Kitchenjadams2212Dined on 10/11/2014We were there on a very busy day. Our reservation through Open Table worked perfectly. However many other people came at the same time. It took an hour for our food to be delivered. While the wait staff were very apologetic, not having a kitchen staff able to deal with a full house made for an uncomfortable situation. We had other plans for the afternoon, and waiting so long for the food (which was excellent) was a real drag. I won't go back there on weekends again.Special Features:
- Gold country findnuts4foodDined on 10/10/2014Lots of great seating options, inside, bar, outside -all great. Food - some great some not so great. Unusual use of candied fruit just misses. Potential is there. The service was just amazing and we weren't the easiest foursome.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerV32reviewDined on 10/9/2014On a recommendation from a friend, we made a reservation for V Restaurant. When we arrived, we were not greeted at the door. Instead, we stood around looking for someone for at least 5 minutes. We were then seated. Appetizer of Idaho trout and scallop cake was the best then we had. Our filet mignon ($32) was overcooked. They were limited to 2 sides to choose from (brussel sprouts and snap peas). If you didn't like either of those, you could have spent more for a salad. We watched others arrive and wait to be seated also. Maybe they are short staffed.Special Features:
- Very Strange...DesertTraveler2Dined on 10/4/2014Our server brought our wine selection to the table. They were out of the first selection so I ordered another. The wine was already open and she explain that someone else needed her wine opener. I was willing to accept this even though this is the middle of a wine region and any server should know better. But then she went ahead and poured all three glasses without offering a taste. I questioned this and she said if I didn't like it she would still take it back. She had left all three glasses on one corner of the table and did not place them in front of us. Seemed like we were in some dive roadhouse rather than one of the nicer places in town.Special Features:
- Delicious FiletOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014Creative seasonings and attractive presentation. Our waitress was friendly and efficient. Made us feel welcome. Felt we were treated to a fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rainbow Nightlucky4Dined on 9/27/2014When we arrived my husband wanted to sit outside, he was overruled and we sat at a great table by the window. 45 minutes later, thunder, lighting and poring down rain!! Then the most beautiful rainbow. The food was wonderful, our guest was vegetarian and our waitress was very helpful and accommodating. We enjoyed our evening very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodwinelifeDined on 9/20/2014Overall a nice experience. Cocktail menu was great. Small Wine list. Food prepared very well and presented nicely. Desert course took too long but when it came it was worth the wait. Server offered us complementary after dinner drinks for the wait and was very attentive. Only brewed coffee. Nice price points. Dining area noisy as next to bar area calmed down some after 8pm, they really need some sound proofing solutions. Will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014Had a nice meal. Limited menu but good food. The bartender was fabulous. A seasoned professional. We would go back.Special Features:
- Peerhaps not their best nightfzymDined on 9/18/2014There was nothing jarring or wrong. The V staples were there. Service was attentive if unrefined. Menu limited and, ti seemed a bit rote. The meal was an adequate recitation of a standard offering. But there was no passion at all.Special Features:
- Great dinner and ambienceZimbobwayDined on 9/14/2014What a lovely place to end a perfect weekend with excellent food, service and a great outdoor patio and porch. We will return again when we are in town or just drive to it for a wonderful dinner experience.Special Features:
- Great serviceJuliskiDined on 9/13/2014Cindy took good care of us; we enjoyed our dinner and drinks. Excellent service! Looking forward to going back next time we are in the area.Special Features:
- Amazing food, great atmosherediningdivaDined on 9/13/2014Great things come in small packages as they say... and this is true. This restaurant's dining area maybe quaint but the food and service are huge! So much fun whether you are with a large group or dinner for two they can accommodate. I would not recommend small children unless they can sit down and behave. Excellent all the way around, food, service, wine list and atmosphere. Awesome martinis too!Special Features:
- Consistently DeliciousQueenCaffeineDined on 8/23/2014With all of the restaurant choices in the town of Murphys, V is the one that stands out in my mind as the go-to place. Friendly staff, intimate dining, diverse menu... well worth the 30-minute drive from home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice local restaurantdiner2014Dined on 8/14/2014No hostess when we arrived. When one appeared and was assisting us a male host appeared and said we couldn't have the table she was going to give us. She didn't know why. He was rather off putting - he said they don't have a reservation. I said that we did in fact have a reservation. We settled on a different table just to end the confusion. My filet was tender but the sides were very bland and appeared to have no seasoning. My husbands lamb was a little gamey. Dessert, the bread pudding, was great. Our server was not very experienced but tried very hard to do a good job. If we were back in Murphy's we would try it again.Special Features:
- Great restaurant for quality food!StaciebugDined on 8/2/2014We love this place!!! Great food and a great value.Special Features:
- V = XOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014Under-staffed. Out of many menu items. Long wait for bevs & food. No recognition of special b-day dinner. Meats tough and cold. Would like to say something positive, but the only great part of the evening was sharing the time with our friends and a nice bottle of wine.
- Must gomammy1309Dined on 7/3/2014If you want to have a classy dinner while you are in Murphys, you must try V. The food is always great, the service is always good. Make sure you order the fried olives. They are worth the price of admission!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharmingDedeVIPDined on 6/25/2014What a lovely restaurant in the picture perfect town of Murphys. We also had the good fortune to have Mark as our server.
- The following 92 reviews are from the V Restaurant reviews archive.
- Magical Night Before Lady A ConcertPattandJeffDined on 6/13/2014Well...our reservation was at 6 PM. The concert started at 7:30. The town was packed full of people when we arrived at 5:45. Things could have gone south very quickly. A lot of people in a hurry and a restaurant crew being baptized by fire. I've always learned in these situations the worst thing to do is rush. 75 people got seated all at once to drink and eat. Relax, everything is going to work out. It did for us anyway. Apparently no one else took our approach. The service was EXCELLENT. The kitchen was slammed and we probably were the last table served, but what a lovely place. We both has a Cocomargatini..Cajun Salmon, Roast Chicken some wine....and there was plenty of time to get to the concert. Special thanks to our waitress. AwesomeSpecial Features:
- JulietDined on 6/13/2014Came in for dinner and then onto a concert at Ironstone Winery. Everything very good considering there was lots of people and a higher noise level because of the concert crowd. We will definitely eat there again, just not on an evening when there is a big event in town. Staff did very well handling the overflow of people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Dinner ServedTonyDined on 6/13/2014After a 1 hour wait we had to leave to get to our concert on time and dinner never arrived. They must have lost our ticket in the kitchen. Didn't seem to be a sense of urgency to find out what was going on as others around us who had arrived after us were served before us. They did comp a couple glasses of happy hour wine but still charged us for the appetizers.Special Features:
- Great Service!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014The food was awesome, the drinks were very good, and the date wrapped starters were worth every penny!!! Try the lamb !!!Special Features:
- V ExperiencefrtcVIPDined on 6/6/2014Had good food and drink specials for lunch. Had calamari for lunch which was delicious. Service and prices were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- recommended by friendsmariDined on 6/5/2014It is a lovely little restaurant, and we enjoyed the cool interior on a hot night. Mark was a wonderful host and very accomodating. The Salmon was great, the duck was nice, but the carbonara and avocado salad with crab and shrimp were lacking in quality. The strawberry /rhubarb pie was super and the fried olives were fab.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a trip to Murphys!diningisusDined on 5/28/2014Looking for fine dining at a reasonable price in Calaveras County? Don't fail to go to the V Restaurant. Intimate atmosphere and great food. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- One Year Anniversary Done RightGuyfierisgoateeDined on 5/24/2014I had originally chosen this restaurant on a whim but I will very purposely choose it again in the future. Although the atmosphere and service was commendable, what really sold me and my girlfriend was the food. V's combination of high class cuisine and comfort food was so phenomenal, we were both in agreement that it was some of the best food we have ever had. It's a bit on the pricey side but it is well worth it. P.S. Save room for dessert! You won't regret it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- V is good but not greatFastKTMDined on 5/17/2014Dined at V this weekend with my wife and another couple. I had the duck which was decent, my wife had the fillet which wildly over cooked, our friends had the chicken and a pasta dish that were both nothing spectacular. The service was very good and the host very accommodating. The local wines were great as is the location.Special Features:
- Great restruantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/7/2014The food and outside dinning for lunch was great. They seemed to be a bit understaffed for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love VSandADDined on 4/26/2014We had a great time at V bistro and look forward to returning. The Parmesan truffle fries were amazing! I'm still dreaming about them. We also loved the margerita flatbread and the ahi tuna tacos. I thought the tortillas could've been warmed or browned a bit, they looked and tasted straight out of a package but overall everything was awesome! Great fun atmosphere and live music!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a 5 star restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/12/2014We were celebrating my husband's birthday and had notified the restaurant. Our waitress was great and was very apologetic that the fresh fish of the day was not available. We both had ordered it and it was only 7:00! Menu is limited so my husband ordered the ribeye steak and caesar salad. He steak was tasty but it came with fries and no veggie. His caesar salad was okay, not very flavorful. We have had many caesar salads and this one was not good. My scallops were delicious. Lava cake was yummy. Service is slow by we didn't mind because we were there for the evening.Special Features:
- Rookie ChefOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/29/2014The Chef is a rookie when it comes to timing. The first round - panko encrusted halibut was way over cooked. The second round - a replacement meal of mussels included a well prepared sauce and properly cooked shellfish with undercooked pasta. The service staff is accommodating. No amount of ambience and service can make up for poorly prepared food.Special Features:
- Dinner on our anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/28/2014Dinner on our anniversary was wonderful, but we went for lunch at the bistro the next day, and we sat at the bar, n waited, n waited... Finally a person came n we asked if we could eat at the bar, she was very rude, n informed Us that we could, but the wait would be long due to the fact they had just filled the dining room.. she proceeded to toss 2 Drink menus, not food menus, at us n walk away Not very friendly So, we left n had lunch somewhere else...there's plenty of other restaurants In Murphy's;!) What a great town!Special Features:
- Braised Lamb Needs Workjohnf95037Dined on 3/28/2014When I ordered the braised lamb, the waitress said I wouldn't even need a knife to cut it. When I received it, the lamb was cold and did require cutting with a knife. I did send it back. The next plate was not much better. Cool, dry and not fork tender; definitely not what you'd expect from braised meat. My wife had the scallops. They were cooked properly but were barely warm. The large plate was cool to the touch. Maybe the plates should be warmed so they don't wick the heat away from the delicate dish. I hope they took the lamb off the menu before serving it to others.
- We were seated in the veryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/14/2014We were seated in the very noisy bar area, next to the kitchen, when a table opened in the quieter area. The waitress asked if we wanted to move. OMG how many restaurants would do this. They really care about their customers. And did not mind cleaning our table twice. Curtains, banners, flags etc... Help noise levels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not all thatRichDined on 3/1/2014This restaurant looked great on the usual online sources and has a good reputation, so we tried it. The food was inconsistent at best, certainly not what I would expect for a place with this reputation (and price). The scallops were overcooked, and our steak frites arrived cold. On the other hand, bacon-wrapped dates were divine, and the fish and pasta specials were wonderful. Staff were friendly and attentive. Bottom line: Overpriced. Order the specials.
- Dinning in Murphy'sepicuriousDined on 2/26/2014The food has generally been good and is presented well. V's is a little more upscale in its food choices and preparation for this area and make's it an especially good place for special occasions. Over the years we have been pleased with the food and its quality. This visit there were four of us and unfortunately my dinner was not up to par. I ordered the scallops and should have considered that our visit was midweek after the restaurant had been closed for two days, the scallops were not fresh and had an off taste to them. While we had a very pleasant evening, it was made especially nice by our waitress who was outstanding. The other issue was the chatter coming from the kitchen while we dined.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- limited optionsLovefoodDined on 2/15/2014Ambience was great! Service was not great, typical of Murphys though. No vegetarian option for entree at all. Wanted us to leave the restaurant and go next door to get a vegetarian option even though food comes from same kitchen. Told us it was a separate kitchen but eating next door next night confirmed this was not true. Would recommend it to my non-vegetarian friends but not to vegetarians. We stayed because it was our special occasion and loved the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome FOOD!jenncven1Dined on 2/2/2014Came to visit Murphy's and V was recommened by several of the shop owners. FABULOUS. So glad my girlfriend and I stopped in for the cabbage and pork soup. It was delicious for cold winter day. Wine was supurb and the champagne kept flowing. Can't wait to come back to California to hit up this restaurant again!Special Features:
- Fabulousninav364VIPDined on 2/1/2014We booked the lunch, came to the place - and learnt that there was no lunch in the restaurant. Only in the bar! which was overcrowded inside and out. Ruth saved us - she honored our reservation, and took us to the empty restaurant (next door) . We had great food (flatbread with wild mushrooms, caesar salad, tea), a fresh rose on the table and very quiet environment. Thanks to Ruth!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.