402 Main Street
Murphys, CA 95247Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.victoriainn-murphys.com/restaurant.html
- Phone: 2097280107
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Su 10:30am-2:30pm
Lunch: Daily 11:00am-5:00pm
Dinner: Daily 5:00pm=9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Fusion / Eclectic, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Daniel Murray
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call the restaurant for catering requests.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer one private dining room that can accommodate up to 32 people, please call for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Ninos 2097437920
- Entertainment: Please join us on Friday and Saturday night features different local live music acts.
A word from V Restaurant
V Restaurant is a European style upscale casual dining that brings a taste of European flair into the Gold Country. We also offer a full mixology bar as well as a full service European style Bistro & Bar with several mixologists on staff.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
V Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Murphys ›
V Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (18)special occasion (15)neighborhood gem (14)romantic (13)fit for foodies (10)notable wine list (5)vibrant bar scene (3)good for groups (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- foodwinelifeDined on 9/20/2014Overall a nice experience. Cocktail menu was great. Small Wine list. Food prepared very well and presented nicely. Desert course took too long but when it came it was worth the wait. Server offered us complementary after dinner drinks for the wait and was very attentive. Only brewed coffee. Nice price points. Dining area noisy as next to bar area calmed down some after 8pm, they really need some sound proofing solutions. Will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner and ambienceZimbobwayDined on 9/14/2014What a lovely place to end a perfect weekend with excellent food, service and a great outdoor patio and porch. We will return again when we are in town or just drive to it for a wonderful dinner experience.Special Features:
- Great serviceJuliskiDined on 9/13/2014Cindy took good care of us; we enjoyed our dinner and drinks. Excellent service! Looking forward to going back next time we are in the area.Special Features:
- Amazing food, great atmosherediningdivaDined on 9/13/2014Great things come in small packages as they say... and this is true. This restaurant's dining area maybe quaint but the food and service are huge! So much fun whether you are with a large group or dinner for two they can accommodate. I would not recommend small children unless they can sit down and behave. Excellent all the way around, food, service, wine list and atmosphere. Awesome martinis too!Special Features:
- Consistently DeliciousQueenCaffeineDined on 8/23/2014With all of the restaurant choices in the town of Murphys, V is the one that stands out in my mind as the go-to place. Friendly staff, intimate dining, diverse menu... well worth the 30-minute drive from home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice local restaurantdiner2014Dined on 8/14/2014No hostess when we arrived. When one appeared and was assisting us a male host appeared and said we couldn't have the table she was going to give us. She didn't know why. He was rather off putting - he said they don't have a reservation. I said that we did in fact have a reservation. We settled on a different table just to end the confusion. My filet was tender but the sides were very bland and appeared to have no seasoning. My husbands lamb was a little gamey. Dessert, the bread pudding, was great. Our server was not very experienced but tried very hard to do a good job. If we were back in Murphy's we would try it again.Special Features:
- Great restaurant for quality food!StaciebugDined on 8/2/2014We love this place!!! Great food and a great value.Special Features:
- V = XOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014Under-staffed. Out of many menu items. Long wait for bevs & food. No recognition of special b-day dinner. Meats tough and cold. Would like to say something positive, but the only great part of the evening was sharing the time with our friends and a nice bottle of wine.
- Must gomammy1309Dined on 7/3/2014If you want to have a classy dinner while you are in Murphys, you must try V. The food is always great, the service is always good. Make sure you order the fried olives. They are worth the price of admission!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharmingDedeDined on 6/25/2014What a lovely restaurant in the picture perfect town of Murphys. We also had the good fortune to have Mark as our server.
- Magical Night Before Lady A ConcertPattandJeffDined on 6/13/2014Well...our reservation was at 6 PM. The concert started at 7:30. The town was packed full of people when we arrived at 5:45. Things could have gone south very quickly. A lot of people in a hurry and a restaurant crew being baptized by fire. I've always learned in these situations the worst thing to do is rush. 75 people got seated all at once to drink and eat. Relax, everything is going to work out. It did for us anyway. Apparently no one else took our approach. The service was EXCELLENT. The kitchen was slammed and we probably were the last table served, but what a lovely place. We both has a Cocomargatini..Cajun Salmon, Roast Chicken some wine....and there was plenty of time to get to the concert. Special thanks to our waitress. AwesomeSpecial Features:
- JulietDined on 6/13/2014Came in for dinner and then onto a concert at Ironstone Winery. Everything very good considering there was lots of people and a higher noise level because of the concert crowd. We will definitely eat there again, just not on an evening when there is a big event in town. Staff did very well handling the overflow of people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Dinner ServedTonyDined on 6/13/2014After a 1 hour wait we had to leave to get to our concert on time and dinner never arrived. They must have lost our ticket in the kitchen. Didn't seem to be a sense of urgency to find out what was going on as others around us who had arrived after us were served before us. They did comp a couple glasses of happy hour wine but still charged us for the appetizers.Special Features:
- Great Service!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014The food was awesome, the drinks were very good, and the date wrapped starters were worth every penny!!! Try the lamb !!!Special Features:
- V ExperiencefrtcDined on 6/6/2014Had good food and drink specials for lunch. Had calamari for lunch which was delicious. Service and prices were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- recommended by friendsmariDined on 6/5/2014It is a lovely little restaurant, and we enjoyed the cool interior on a hot night. Mark was a wonderful host and very accomodating. The Salmon was great, the duck was nice, but the carbonara and avocado salad with crab and shrimp were lacking in quality. The strawberry /rhubarb pie was super and the fried olives were fab.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a trip to Murphys!diningisusDined on 5/28/2014Looking for fine dining at a reasonable price in Calaveras County? Don't fail to go to the V Restaurant. Intimate atmosphere and great food. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- One Year Anniversary Done RightGuyfierisgoateeDined on 5/24/2014I had originally chosen this restaurant on a whim but I will very purposely choose it again in the future. Although the atmosphere and service was commendable, what really sold me and my girlfriend was the food. V's combination of high class cuisine and comfort food was so phenomenal, we were both in agreement that it was some of the best food we have ever had. It's a bit on the pricey side but it is well worth it. P.S. Save room for dessert! You won't regret it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 84 reviews are from the V Restaurant reviews archive.
- V is good but not greatFastKTMDined on 5/17/2014Dined at V this weekend with my wife and another couple. I had the duck which was decent, my wife had the fillet which wildly over cooked, our friends had the chicken and a pasta dish that were both nothing spectacular. The service was very good and the host very accommodating. The local wines were great as is the location.Special Features:
- Great restruantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/7/2014The food and outside dinning for lunch was great. They seemed to be a bit understaffed for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love VSandADDined on 4/26/2014We had a great time at V bistro and look forward to returning. The Parmesan truffle fries were amazing! I'm still dreaming about them. We also loved the margerita flatbread and the ahi tuna tacos. I thought the tortillas could've been warmed or browned a bit, they looked and tasted straight out of a package but overall everything was awesome! Great fun atmosphere and live music!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a 5 star restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014We were celebrating my husband's birthday and had notified the restaurant. Our waitress was great and was very apologetic that the fresh fish of the day was not available. We both had ordered it and it was only 7:00! Menu is limited so my husband ordered the ribeye steak and caesar salad. He steak was tasty but it came with fries and no veggie. His caesar salad was okay, not very flavorful. We have had many caesar salads and this one was not good. My scallops were delicious. Lava cake was yummy. Service is slow by we didn't mind because we were there for the evening.Special Features:
- Rookie ChefOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014The Chef is a rookie when it comes to timing. The first round - panko encrusted halibut was way over cooked. The second round - a replacement meal of mussels included a well prepared sauce and properly cooked shellfish with undercooked pasta. The service staff is accommodating. No amount of ambience and service can make up for poorly prepared food.Special Features:
- Dinner on our anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014Dinner on our anniversary was wonderful, but we went for lunch at the bistro the next day, and we sat at the bar, n waited, n waited... Finally a person came n we asked if we could eat at the bar, she was very rude, n informed Us that we could, but the wait would be long due to the fact they had just filled the dining room.. she proceeded to toss 2 Drink menus, not food menus, at us n walk away Not very friendly So, we left n had lunch somewhere else...there's plenty of other restaurants In Murphy's;!) What a great town!Special Features:
- Braised Lamb Needs Workjohnf95037Dined on 3/28/2014When I ordered the braised lamb, the waitress said I wouldn't even need a knife to cut it. When I received it, the lamb was cold and did require cutting with a knife. I did send it back. The next plate was not much better. Cool, dry and not fork tender; definitely not what you'd expect from braised meat. My wife had the scallops. They were cooked properly but were barely warm. The large plate was cool to the touch. Maybe the plates should be warmed so they don't wick the heat away from the delicate dish. I hope they took the lamb off the menu before serving it to others.
- We were seated in the veryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014We were seated in the very noisy bar area, next to the kitchen, when a table opened in the quieter area. The waitress asked if we wanted to move. OMG how many restaurants would do this. They really care about their customers. And did not mind cleaning our table twice. Curtains, banners, flags etc... Help noise levels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not all thatRichDined on 3/1/2014This restaurant looked great on the usual online sources and has a good reputation, so we tried it. The food was inconsistent at best, certainly not what I would expect for a place with this reputation (and price). The scallops were overcooked, and our steak frites arrived cold. On the other hand, bacon-wrapped dates were divine, and the fish and pasta specials were wonderful. Staff were friendly and attentive. Bottom line: Overpriced. Order the specials.
- Dinning in Murphy'sepicuriousDined on 2/26/2014The food has generally been good and is presented well. V's is a little more upscale in its food choices and preparation for this area and make's it an especially good place for special occasions. Over the years we have been pleased with the food and its quality. This visit there were four of us and unfortunately my dinner was not up to par. I ordered the scallops and should have considered that our visit was midweek after the restaurant had been closed for two days, the scallops were not fresh and had an off taste to them. While we had a very pleasant evening, it was made especially nice by our waitress who was outstanding. The other issue was the chatter coming from the kitchen while we dined.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- limited optionsLovefoodDined on 2/15/2014Ambience was great! Service was not great, typical of Murphys though. No vegetarian option for entree at all. Wanted us to leave the restaurant and go next door to get a vegetarian option even though food comes from same kitchen. Told us it was a separate kitchen but eating next door next night confirmed this was not true. Would recommend it to my non-vegetarian friends but not to vegetarians. We stayed because it was our special occasion and loved the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome FOOD!jenncven1Dined on 2/2/2014Came to visit Murphy's and V was recommened by several of the shop owners. FABULOUS. So glad my girlfriend and I stopped in for the cabbage and pork soup. It was delicious for cold winter day. Wine was supurb and the champagne kept flowing. Can't wait to come back to California to hit up this restaurant again!Special Features:
- Fabulousninav364Dined on 2/1/2014We booked the lunch, came to the place - and learnt that there was no lunch in the restaurant. Only in the bar! which was overcrowded inside and out. Ruth saved us - she honored our reservation, and took us to the empty restaurant (next door) . We had great food (flatbread with wild mushrooms, caesar salad, tea), a fresh rose on the table and very quiet environment. Thanks to Ruth!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a wonderful dinner-OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2014We had a wonderful dinner- food was amazing, but it did take a very long time- although we were happy to be enjoying a special occasion out! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestJimboDined on 1/17/2014The V is a restaurant that equals an experience in San Francisco but with the Murphy,s California ambiance. Scott the bartender makes you feel welcome even if it's your first time I t was great to see Lauran again!!Special Features:
- Not ready for prime timeGardenerDined on 1/3/2014We have eaten at V Restaurant before but in January we were not as impressed. We brought our own wine and the server didn't even once pour it for us. It took her 20 minutes to take our order and a full hour before we were served dinner...not once did she apologize for the delay...if we had been really hungry we would have been pretty upset...no bread was served before the meal. I think they were probably understaffed.Special Features:
- The food couldn't have beenPrismaTedDined on 12/27/2013The food couldn't have been better: Master Chef quality, including the artistic presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Christmas Eve Dinner EverNikkiDined on 12/24/2013We had the 4 course Christmas Eve meal (soup, salad, prime rib, and dessert). Every course was truly delicious -- tender and tasty prime rib and the Caesar Salad was so good even my teenage son who doesn't like salads ate all of his. Since my kids didn't want the bread pudding dessert (which I enjoyed) they brought them the housemade ice cream which was creamy and delicious. All four of us left very full and pleased. It was our second year going there for Christmas Eve dinner and we will be back.Special Features:
- Nice Gold Country Find!SenorRexDined on 12/20/2013We were very pleased to find this fine restaurant in a small Gold Country Town. Very nice dinner with good service! All this at a reasonable price.. Probably the best place around for miles!Special Features:
- Great dinner for two in Murphy'stable42Dined on 11/15/2013My wife and I ate dinner here while visiting Murhpy's. The food, service and bartender were outstanding. We had reservations at 7:30 on a Friday. The table was not quite ready when we got there. The hostess apologized and sat us at the bar for a drink. The bartender made our drinks to perfection; Lemon Drop & Margarita on the rocks. We were wined out after touring the Main St. wineries that day. We got seated shortly after our drinks were ready. Our server was very courteous and attentive throughout dinner. We each ordered specials; Filet Mignon tips stuffed Cannelloni & Escolar (substitute for the Halibut they were out of). We could have split a salad, they were pretty big. We highly recommend dining here for couples night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- V restaurant ...SheepRanchGirlDined on 11/9/2013Awesome meal, perfectly prepared, but service was ridiculously slow. 3 hours for a glass of wine,an entree and one dessert. Server was very apologetic but it really detracted from the meal, esp when neighboring diners came....and went. If you can deal with the time between courses, I'd recommend it for the food alone, but prepare yourself!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Engagement dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2013My daughter was proposed to at your beautiful restaurant on Friday night. Enjoyed all the fun cocktails and wonderful food. Great memories at the V!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.