V-Note Organic Wine Bar & Vegan Bistro
1522 First Avenue
New York, NY 10075Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
VeganPrice: $30 and under
V-Note Organic Wine Bar & Vegan Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://v-notenyc.com/about.php
- Phone: (212) 249-5009
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:30pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine Bar
A word from V-Note Organic Wine Bar & Vegan Bistro
From the creator of Blossom and Café Blossom, comes V-Note, an organic wine bar and vegan bistro set in an elegant, relaxed and inviting space on Manhattan’s Upper East Side. V-Note carries a vast selection of wine and beers, all of which are vegan, organic and/or bio-dynamic and in some cases even kosher, to accompany our completely vegan menu dedicated to fresh gourmet cuisine that is animal-caring. V-Note offers a rare opportunity for vegans and non-vegans alike to enjoy a great, satisfying meal paired with a carefully selected wine and/or beer. A kitchen that is open later fills a much needed niche for vegan restaurants in New York.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
V-Note Organic Wine Bar & Vegan Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (62)neighborhood gem (53)notable wine list (26)romantic (22)special occasion (19)great for lunch (17)good for groups (15)great for brunch (13)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)Show More
- Delicious food and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014Went to V Note for a weekend brunch with my fiance and it was great! The food was delicious (exceeded our expectations) and the servers were very attentive and polite. Highly recommend this place as a top spot for vegans!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodJAEIDined on 11/3/2014I love V-Note for their amazing food! The ambiance is a plus. I am not much of a drinker so I cannot say much about their wine bar.Special Features:
- IgrossDined on 11/2/2014i thought the place was very nice. There was a trio planning covers which were very much in a soft caberet style and enjoyable background music. The food is strictly vegan and so it is not for everyone. The food we had was excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014The food and service were good. Lots of options to choose from on the menu. Went with a group and we each ordered a different item and shared--all appetizers and entrees were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExquisiteWineBuffDined on 10/26/2014In order of repeat performance. Impeccable wine recommendations and I'm a sucker for live jazz.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slipped since openingBrassicaDined on 10/26/2014V-not used to be my favorite vegan restaurant in NYC when it first opened, despite their occasionally unprofessional waitstaff. The food was room temperature and the encrusted tofu was only half encrusted, which the waitstaff apologized for. Given the price (and sparse patronage), the teetering half-complete entree shouldn't have been served. V-note's previous success is no reason to rest on their laurels.
- Gourmet VeganNJfoodieVIPDined on 10/26/2014This is a lovely place to get a satisfying and delicious vegan meal. We went for brunch and were very pleased with everything - even non-vegans will love the quality of the food. My favorite was the non-bacon cheeseburger - very moist and loaded with flavor. Also very good was the southwestern sandwich and tofu scramble. Great selections of beers and win as well .... nice place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative VeganvegetarianDined on 10/22/2014Food was delicious and creative. Waiter was very helpful, not only with our food selections but with advice about the neighborhood. Whether you are vegan, vegetarian or omnivores, you will enjoy this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014Wonderful experience! Good food, warm atmosphere, friendly and knowledgeable server! I do hope to revisit soon!Special Features:
- deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014the food was magnificent, best vegan I have ever eaten anywhere, and better than most veg and meat options. manager was unbelievably attentive to our needs and so lovely.Special Features:
- va voom vegantruffyDined on 10/18/20142 wishes, to complement the creative and totally delicious menu.... a few more raw items and I would love to see you reduce your dependence on soy productsSpecial Features:
- amazing!MurphDined on 10/18/2014Food was fantastic, great variety on the menu. Waiter's recommendations were terrific (he himself is a vegan). One of the best vegan restaurants we have been to. Extensive wine list of organic wines , with many by-the-glass options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Great Vegan FoodDavebDined on 10/12/2014It was really good! Will be back soon. Would definitely recommend to any vegans, or people just curious about what it tastes like. Reasonably priced - wines were a bit pricey but it's also a wine bar and everything's organic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!VeggieloverDined on 10/11/2014The experience was great from the moment we walked in the door. As vegetarians, it's great to be able to order anything off the menu. The service was friendly and "present," the decor was understated and the food was delicious. Plan to be back soon.rSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!UpperWestSiderVIPDined on 10/2/2014My friend is a vegetarian, but I am not a vegetarian. I had the Setan Cordon Bleu, and it was delicious. The ambiance was definitely more upscale that a typical vegetarian restaurant. The service was impeccable. I had a very pleasant meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegan DelightHealthNutDined on 10/1/2014It was difficult to select what to eat. The menu was varied and interesting with enough choices to hold interest for vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free and none of the above. For an app I picked the vegan "crab cakes" which were especially tasty, especially the zingy yogurt sauce. My main course was the mushroom risotto. Not an exotic choice but I was in the mood for it. I've had better as it was a bit bland, but robust and fulfilling none the less. The california zin was a winner.Special Features:
- Terrific Restaurant!DebSDined on 9/27/2014V-Note is an excellent restaurant - whether or not you are Vegan. The food is gourmet Vegan, but not too expensive. The food was really delicious, the service was outstanding, and the restaurant was quite elegant. My husband and I took our daughter there since she is a vegan. We loved it as much as she did and we will definitely be back! I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always delicious--MarticaVIPDined on 9/27/2014and creamsicle dessert is divine; always love to eat hareSpecial Features:
- Wonderful Vegan Experience!AnnAndMikeAndDanDined on 9/19/2014This was our first time at V-Note and it was really terrific. We had a Groupon for $30 - the staff didn't make us feel weird for using a Groupon, but graciously showed us to our table and the service was great. We made an advance reservation, arrived a little early and got seated right away. Restaurant is immaculate - even the rest room. The food was flavorful and artistic - a real treat for vegan fare. Will definitely come here often.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Good creative vegan dishes presented well. Everything was tasty and you feel virtuous eating vegan.Special Features:
- Vegan nirvanajmjrVIPDined on 9/15/2014Divine vegan restaurant that will please anyone. The beet ravioli is outstanding ! Great for Lunch or dinner. Very quiet but terrific background jazz.Special Features:
- My Vote is for V-notetonydaniDined on 9/14/2014Dined there recently on a Sunday night with my sister and daughter. We were treated to a wonderful dining experience. The food delicious and the service attentive. The live lite jazz music was the perfect topper.Special Features:
- 1/2 veganOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014great vegan spot , not to expensive. good wine list, liked the option of a carafe. vegan mushroom risotto was amazing !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegan food everyone can enjoy!PickyVeganMainerDined on 9/11/2014I took my non-vegan husband to V-note. We each really enjoyed the black-eyed pea cakes and the phyllo cigars. He absolutely loved the Caesar salad and we both got the seitan cordon bleu. The food was all delicious and well-prepared. The cashew cream sauce on the phyllo cigars was incredibly delicious! We split a bottle of champagne, which was also just right. We enjoyed every aspect of our food and drink. The staff was attentive and very warm, making us feel very welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodBJimDined on 9/7/2014Very interesting combinations and innovative ideas. We were there on Saturday night and the band was very loud. Service was polite and efficient, and gave good recommndations.Special Features:
- Could be much betterOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/7/2014I order food from V-Note often as I live in the neighborhood but each time I dine in I'm disappointed and the service is usually sub-par but the food is pretty good. To pay the prices one pays for good vegan food when dining in, we should get much better service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014Friendly, excellent service . Excellent food. Great experience as usual.Special Features:
- Vegan DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/5/2014One of the better vegan restaurants in town, catering to the higher end market (and also Kosher) on the Upper End side. Very comfortable dining settings. The accoustics are very hard -- quite noisy, but otherwise everything was great Similar (same in some case) items on the menu as Blossom.Special Features:
- Loved itMehitwasokVIPDined on 9/5/2014Lived it- trying harder to eat better- this food makes u not miss dairy or cheese. Super yummy, some dishes have a bit too much oil but overall yummmm!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice and romanticmhostDined on 9/3/2014We found the ambiance to be very romantic, and the food choices are quite unique and worth trying. The food was very good and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CerrimcqDined on 8/27/2014Wonderful from beginning to end. Everything we ordered was great. "Crab" cakes were better than the real thing. The server Joe was extremely helpful and kind. You could tell he enjoyed working there and it really made a difference with our experience. We'll be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- veganguy1Dined on 8/21/2014fabulous food and service-a winner-fab menu and wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegan or not - try this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/20/2014Incredible, friendly and knowledgeable staff. Seem to take pride in their food. It's absolutely delicious. Simple decor and art that you can't keep your eyes off of. Beer and wine list were very original - enjoyed both! Give it a try. I am vegetarian (not vegan) and I went with a meat eater - he can't wait to go back he loved it.Special Features:
- bean cake appy!loveggiesDined on 8/18/2014Very good food. Skip their juice, warm and not worth $7. But all else is delish!lSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh DelightAllanah2000VIPDined on 8/17/2014Great place for the freshest of food I've ever had Service was great and the decor was a delightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We come back again and againbefitterDined on 8/15/2014The food here is amazing. Me and my husband are both vegan and we bring our non vegan friends. They all say if someone could cook for them like that they would go vegan. All the wines are organic so if you indulge it's minus the headheach and the deserts are so good. We love to indulge here some of our favorites are the Caesar salad with Tempe bacon the beet ravioli and the salmon tofu. My husband loves the risotto All the pleasure at this place without the guilt. The staff here are so welcoming and we love seeing Joe and Eric who always take exceptional care of us ,every one who we have told about this place always comes back saying the same thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Vegan MealVeganEatinDined on 8/15/2014The delicious and unique vegan choices - love the Tofu "Salmon" - and excellent service made my anniversary dinner with my vegan partner wonderful. Tiramisu was out of this world. The waitstaff was very helpful with menu selections as well.Special Features:
- Great Food with Some ShadeERodDined on 8/14/2014Who knew a vegan restaurant could be so hip and delicious. Must try the eggplant parmesan. Only issue was that my last glass of wine was a swap. I was drinking a beautiful spicy warm Pinot noir and my last glass was a thin no taste merlot (?) They probably figured I wouldn't notice or ran out of mine and didn't tell me but I was sure charged the higher price. I didn't want to embarrass my host but will speak out next time.Special Features:
- Delicious Vegan!VEGANEATINGDined on 8/9/2014The food was so great it is hard to believe that it is vegan! Do not miss the sietan schnitzel!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/9/2014Delicious pancakes, milkshakes, and tofu benedict!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.