V-Note Organic Wine Bar & Vegan Bistro
1522 First Avenue
New York, NY 10075Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
VeganPrice: $30 and under
V-Note Organic Wine Bar & Vegan Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://v-notenyc.com/about.php
- Phone: 2122495009
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:30pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine Bar
A word from V-Note Organic Wine Bar & Vegan Bistro
From the creator of Blossom and Café Blossom, comes V-Note, an organic wine bar and vegan bistro set in an elegant, relaxed and inviting space on Manhattan’s Upper East Side. V-Note carries a vast selection of wine and beers, all of which are vegan, organic and/or bio-dynamic and in some cases even kosher, to accompany our completely vegan menu dedicated to fresh gourmet cuisine that is animal-caring. V-Note offers a rare opportunity for vegans and non-vegans alike to enjoy a great, satisfying meal paired with a carefully selected wine and/or beer. A kitchen that is open later fills a much needed niche for vegan restaurants in New York.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
V-Note Organic Wine Bar & Vegan Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (61)neighborhood gem (44)special occasion (31)romantic (27)great for brunch (26)notable wine list (25)great for lunch (23)good for groups (17)kid-friendly (9)hot spot (8)late-night find (6)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- CerrimcqDined on 8/27/2014Wonderful from beginning to end. Everything we ordered was great. "Crab" cakes were better than the real thing. The server Joe was extremely helpful and kind. You could tell he enjoyed working there and it really made a difference with our experience. We'll be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- veganguy1Dined on 8/21/2014fabulous food and service-a winner-fab menu and wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegan or not - try this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/20/2014Incredible, friendly and knowledgeable staff. Seem to take pride in their food. It's absolutely delicious. Simple decor and art that you can't keep your eyes off of. Beer and wine list were very original - enjoyed both! Give it a try. I am vegetarian (not vegan) and I went with a meat eater - he can't wait to go back he loved it.Special Features:
- bean cake appy!loveggiesDined on 8/18/2014Very good food. Skip their juice, warm and not worth $7. But all else is delish!lSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh DelightAllanah2000VIPDined on 8/17/2014Great place for the freshest of food I've ever had Service was great and the decor was a delightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We come back again and againbefitterDined on 8/15/2014The food here is amazing. Me and my husband are both vegan and we bring our non vegan friends. They all say if someone could cook for them like that they would go vegan. All the wines are organic so if you indulge it's minus the headheach and the deserts are so good. We love to indulge here some of our favorites are the Caesar salad with Tempe bacon the beet ravioli and the salmon tofu. My husband loves the risotto All the pleasure at this place without the guilt. The staff here are so welcoming and we love seeing Joe and Eric who always take exceptional care of us ,every one who we have told about this place always comes back saying the same thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Vegan MealVeganEatinDined on 8/15/2014The delicious and unique vegan choices - love the Tofu "Salmon" - and excellent service made my anniversary dinner with my vegan partner wonderful. Tiramisu was out of this world. The waitstaff was very helpful with menu selections as well.Special Features:
- Great Food with Some ShadeERodDined on 8/14/2014Who knew a vegan restaurant could be so hip and delicious. Must try the eggplant parmesan. Only issue was that my last glass of wine was a swap. I was drinking a beautiful spicy warm Pinot noir and my last glass was a thin no taste merlot (?) They probably figured I wouldn't notice or ran out of mine and didn't tell me but I was sure charged the higher price. I didn't want to embarrass my host but will speak out next time.Special Features:
- Delicious Vegan!VEGANEATINGDined on 8/9/2014The food was so great it is hard to believe that it is vegan! Do not miss the sietan schnitzel!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/9/2014Delicious pancakes, milkshakes, and tofu benedict!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegetarian done rightSkyelementDined on 8/5/2014This vegetarian restaurant continues to shine, with sauces and visuals worthy of the 5-star upscales.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a Vegan: but would go againnamitapDined on 8/5/2014and again and again!!! Their cordon bleu was spectacular. I am a meat eater but even I have to admit they mastered that dish. The brilliant use of truffle oil was what put it over the top though. Everything I had was amazing and we will be going back!!Special Features:
- Great Options!yesse17Dined on 8/4/2014I loved the variety of menu options and the food was very tasty. I often find desserts lacking in vegan eateries but the chocolate peanut butter ganache was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine-dining meets healthy eatingPassionateVegheadDined on 8/2/2014Menu option offers a variety of selection. We enjoyed the cape code cakes appetizer, good portion-size for two. Salmon and Cordon Bleu entrees were very tantalizing to the palette. The ambiance was cozy and the service was pleasant and timely. Overall experience was very satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Gets BetterpanterVIPDined on 7/26/2014We had friends come in from the West Coast who had not been to NY in many years. We wanted to give them experiences outside the normal restaurants and picked V-Note. They are not vegeterians but were willing to give it a try. They thought it was one of the best meals they had while in NYC. This is a great restaurant no matter what your food preference.Special Features:
- Perfect veganjmjrVIPDined on 7/26/2014The vegan restaurant that keeps on giving. Perfect plant strong food. Many wonderful options!9Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/22/2014The food was amazing. I would definitely eat here again. I am recommending this restaurant to my vegan and non vegan friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful vegan foodnatnatDined on 7/19/2014amazing food with great flavors. lots to choose from and everything was delicious. i especially liked the vegan tiramisu. service was excellent and waiter was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014A great find for vegetarian food with a twist. Very friendly team and very welcoming. Good prices.Special Features:
- Nice ambience but food lacklusterPkumar26Dined on 7/5/2014We ordered 2 appetizers - the sweet potato gnocchi and black bean cake - the former was chewy and not flavorful while the latter was tasty and the chipotle aioli added a good punch. For the main course my friend and I decided to order just 1 entree as the portion size was big. We ordered the eggplant lasagna - which had a few pieces of eggplant & broccoli as garnish and no veggies in the lasagna. This dish was a disappointment and we did not finish it. The filling (soy I believe) of the lasagna was chewy again. When I go to a vegetarian restaurant I want the vegetables to take centerpiece. Overall lots of other good vegan restaurants in the UES ( gobo, candle cafe, etc) so I won't be returning to this place.
- Hit all the right noteshappyDined on 6/28/2014It was our daughters birthday & she chose to celebrate at V-note. She is the only vegan in our family of 5. The rest of the family was apprehensive. We were ALL very pleased with our experience and look forward to returning.Special Features:
- FantasticNewToVeganDined on 6/27/2014I received a gift certificate and brought my daughter. We had the most delicious meal. The eggplant appetizer was amazing. I had a seitan dish that was fantastic. The food was beautifully presented. The menu offered a wide range of choices. It really was hard to decide what to get. The carrot cake was a delicious way to end the meal. All in all we had a fantastic experience and will be back.Special Features:
- UninspiredOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014There are great vegetarian restaurants in NY and many, like V Note that are going through the motions. The food was bland and tired and the overall experience felt flat and somewhat dingy.
- Consistently wonderful!MONYC1999VIPDined on 6/20/2014We have dined at V-Note several times, and have never been disappointed; this time was no exception. The food was fantastic as was the service. Our waiter was very helpful with suggestions for both wine and menu items. Nobody in my party was vegan, and everybody was thrilled with the food.Special Features:
- excellent as alwaysMarticaDined on 6/13/2014how new and varied bean dishes? NOt just black beans (sigh) how about fava, lima, mung, adzuki, etc. More bean options, not so much tempeh/tofu/seitan--give us the real unprocessed stuff
- A vegan (and non-vegan) paradisesdveganDined on 6/7/2014Delicious food that vegans and non-vegans will enjoy. Nice ambience. Warm service. The food is creative, in a very good way. The lentil rings and tiramisu stood out but we cleaned our plates on all courses. Not the most inexpensive place but definitely worth it on occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awfulJackDined on 6/3/2014The food was subpar(all unhealthy vegan foods stuffed with copious amount s of oil. So gross), the restaurant was cute, but if you purchase a groupon- beware! They will refuse to accept it. I was outraged.
- Hooray for vegan sans birkenstocksBCEADined on 5/30/2014My first forays into vegetarian cuisine began when I lived in Ithaca, NY -- home of the legendary Moosewood Collective. But ever since then, one thing that has annoyed me about eating this way is that it seemed to almost require diners to be of the tie-dye and birkenstock wearing variety. Well, gosh darnit, here is a place I can come with my sportcat-donned man, me in my high heels and slinky dress and not feel out of place. Great ambience, solid wine list that's not outrageously priced, and creative, varied dishes, ALL VEGAN. A bit too reliant on seitan IMHO but, beyond that, truly a good menu, not cheap but not outrageous, either. The tiramisu is FANTASTIC. And, hooray for offering almond milk and not just soy (blech) for coffee.Special Features:
- Delicious vegan dinner and wineCHudakDined on 5/24/2014Though V-note has a remarkable selection of delicious wines, my main compliments have to go with the food. Every entree we tried was exquisite, particularly the beet ravioli with horseradish sauce. Also, the desserts were unbelievable, the chocolate ganache cake with peanut butter filling had everyone at the table rendered speechless, and the tiramisu was absolutely exquisite. It was the perfect place for a celebration with a small group of friends, or a romantic dinner for two. Will definitely make sure to go here again.Special Features:
- VaporetteVIPDined on 5/23/2014Took a friend here for dinner - it was our first time and it was a very pleasant experience. We are not vegan but I wanted to try something new and different. The food was delicious and the ambiance really lovely. I will definitely return as I live practically across the street from this restaurant. Although we had a very good portion of food and wine we didn't feel stuffed or bloated and I felt great the next day. A excellent meal without the guilt!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Return customer!HappyVIPDined on 5/21/2014We dine here now and even order take out from here. Feels good to eat vegan. Sorry, not a food critic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't need to be Vegan.Yolie0913Dined on 5/20/2014Don't need to be vegan to try something new. The food was very good and exceeded my expectations. I would recommend this place to anyone is enjoys healthy food and isn't afraid to step outside their comfort zone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner is ok...brunch is better!NicdoesVegVIPDined on 5/18/2014First time going for dinner. Food was okay. Not that different and they didn't offer a burger, which is a classic offering. Wine was okay (had a weird after taste) and I have never said that about a cab! My friend ordered brown rice and it was crunchy! And the service was not like how it is at brunch. One of the waiters was rushing people out and forcing them to order as soon as they sat down. I will not be back for dinner. I will stick to brunch, which is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Vegan MealOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/17/2014We dined at V-Note this weekend for dinner. Ambiance was easy and casual - servers are in flannel shirts and t-shirts (almost like working at the local food coop). The meal was delicious. Being vegetarians, it is always so amazing to be able to choose from the entire menu and not have to question whether it is something we can eat. The V-Note creates wonderful faux meat entrees, so that it appears to be a traditional meal (e.g. Peppercorn Medallions, or Cordon Bleu), but in fact is a vegan protein. The sauces were fantastic too. Appetizers we tried were wonderful - especially the black eyed pea cake (I wanted to order a second). The wine list is full of organic wines and reasonably priced. Try the dark chocolate fondue for dessert.Special Features:
- Great food, great celebrationDineoutDined on 5/17/2014We came here for my husband's graduation celebration. He's vegetarian so I wanted to pick an all-veg restaurant. The rest of the family isn't, but they still loved all the food - it was delicious. And the waiter helped make the celebration special.Special Features:
- Great night!KitcatDined on 5/16/2014Service was very friendly and good people, but occasionally a bit slow. The food was outstanding. I took a heavy meat-eater here and they ended up eliminating meat thereafter from their diet (retaining select dairy) having got a taste of how delicious this type of food can be and how healthy it is and filling. I think that speaks volumes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative vegan cuisineEddie2Dined on 5/12/2014My wife and I had dinner here and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm vegetarian (not vegan) while she eats fish. The menu items are appealing to non-vegans, arrive well-presented (some are really lovely) and tasty. We both started with carrot soup that was scrumptious & such a large portion that we worried about finishing our dinners. Her main was a take on salmon (made with tofu marinated in beet juice) accompanied by black rice, lobster mushroom medallions, and broccolini. She loved it & it was beautiful to look at. My main was less pretty, but flavorful & filling. We were too stuffed at this point to try dessert, but will be back to give that a try as well.Special Features:
- Meal Fit for a Vegan/Non-Vegan KingSTACIEDined on 5/12/2014INCREDIBLE. The food was beyond phenomenal! I'm a gluten free vegan, but my husband in neither and we both agreed that it was hard making a decision what to order Our server Chris was fantastic. He was so friendly, knowledgeable and efficient. The table next to ours was experiencing their first vegan dining and he was amaxing & so patient introducing them to options. The ambience was delightful and I commented that I would have love to have the music selection as my playlist for my marathons. I would honestly give my experience 10 stars out of a possible 5 stars as it was that good (and as gluten free vegan I am hard to please). I will be back and I highly recommend to anyone (vegan or Non-Vegan). ★★★★★★★★★★Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Vegetarian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 5/6/2014All vegan and organic restaurant. Great for vegans, vegetarians and open-minded meat eaters who won't be disappointed! Can't wait to go back. A good alternative to the ever-popular Candle79Special Features:
- The following 259 reviews are from the V-Note Organic Wine Bar & Vegan Bistro reviews archive.
- Top Notch vegetarianCaseyVIPDined on 5/5/2014V-Note is my favorite vegetarian spot so far in the city. Meals are simple and uncomplicated, but offer a wide array of variations on tasty meat alternatives. The Curried Unchicken Salad or the Veggie Plate are excellent options for a light dinner, or the Peppercorn Medallion plate is a satisfying and surprisingly hearty meal that will leave your tummy full and your face smiling. :) Wine list is great, too!Special Features: