1040 Second Street Pike
Richboro, PA 18954Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://uvapa.com/
- Phone: 2153554454x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 11:30am - 9:00pm
Friday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Entertainment, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Uva
Uva is an Italian restaurant location in Richboro, PA.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Uva reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (40)fit for foodies (27)special occasion (25)good for groups (16)great for outdoor dining (14)romantic (10)hot spot (7)great for lunch (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good Not Greatitaliankid7Dined on 10/23/2014The frutti di mari special appetizer was a disappointment. The broth was very good;5 mussels (3 tasted old) 3 clams 2 shrimp and 1 scallop for $13.00. Clams were good; shrimp slightly over cooked,scallop cooked correctly. Entrée, the pork chop special. Nice size bone in chop stuffed with prosciutto & mozzarella over broccoli di rapi & potatoes. Pork cooked perfectly, flavorful & juicy. Broccoli di rapi & potatoes were flavorful,right amount of garlic. Excellent! Key lime pie acceptable,nothing special. Espresso & coffee good. After dinner aperitif offered & gladly accepted. Service excellent & friendly. Tables a little tight. Will return but will stay away from the seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st Time for Dinner/We will be backbsiravo1Dined on 10/18/2014This was our 1st time here, make sure to make a reservation as the place was packed! Decent size BYOB in bucks, service was great, at least 3 different people were waiting on our table. Had the beef carpaccio for app & it was delish. I had vegetali veal and my husband had the lamb chop special. Everything was cooked right and tasted delish. Split pumpkin cheesecake and key lime pie for dessert (small portions) but both were great. Only disappointment was the cold bland bread (were Italian and enjoy good/warm bread to start) Tax and tip 86.00 minus the 25 gift card. We will def be back again soon! Also noticed they have outdoor seating for when the weather gets warm, cant wait for that!Special Features:
- YummyYummyDined on 10/17/2014This restaurant is a gem. Everyone and everything was perfect.Special Features:
- Always a treatLorettaDined on 10/5/2014We love UVA's and like to go as frequently as possible. It's consistently good in food and service. Their staff is welcoming and thoughtful. It's a BYOB, which us wine-snobs particularly like :-) Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, great menu, BYOBKcDjDiningOutDined on 10/4/2014Walter, our waiter, was top-notch. Menu varied with super specials. Salads large enough to share. Had seafood cannelloni special which was superb. A bit pricey but save money with Restaurant.com gift certificate & is a BYOB, so bring along a nice bottle. Also have live music on Saturday evenings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would have been perfect except..SwalshDined on 10/3/2014The food was outstanding and the experience was great and would have been perfect except......the noise level was very high and it was hard to hold a conversation. Adding to the noise level was an awesome singer, howver, she should have turned down the volume. Also adding to the noise level was the kitchen and wait staff. Ask for a table away from the kitchen opening and it may be a bit less hectic and loud. We did not appreciate seeing the kitchen and hearing the noise during out dinner. We will be back and waking for a table away from the kitchen.Special Features:
- Great Find!MacchVIPDined on 10/3/2014Great dinner at UVA! The person who seated us could not have been any nicer - she greeted us with a smile, chatted with us, and was simply lovely. The food was delicious...we thoroughly enjoyed all we had, from start to finish. Our waiter was very pleasant, although there were specials he did not share with us (which we heard him tell the table next to us after we had already received our meals). One bus person insisted on taking things off of our table without asking if we were finished. She then continue to stop at the table next to us to chat, disrupting the conversation at our table. That aside, we did have a great dinner at UVA and will definitely try it again!Special Features:
- Another Great DinnerLuv2dineDined on 9/20/2014My wife and I have had a couple of great meals at UVA. So when our friends asked us to get together and pick the spot we knew where wanted to take them. UVA did not disappoint. The food was outstanding, service terrific and the piano player and his music made for another fantastic evening. If you can...go to UVA. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Pricey!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2014Food was good but $8 for a bowl of soup-it wasn't' that good. Seriously, that's ridiculous. This isn't NYC!
- Great Dining Spotdinnerfor2Dined on 9/13/2014This past weekend was our first visit to Uva. It won't be our last. The ambiance was lovely, excellent service, and the food was absolutely delicious. A phenomenal dining experience for the cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Food was good the beet salad needed more beets and less lettuce and better goat cheese. Gnocchi with veal was very good. Coffee was good. No one ever offer us a complimentary lemon cello.Special Features:
- FABULOUSluv2eatgoodfoodDined on 9/10/2014We celebrated our son's 40th birthday there. The food was fabulous, great presentation, lovely décor, friendly & attentive staff. BYOB. An upscale restaurant in a strip mall. Open, tables are not squashed together. My 9 yr old grandson rated the restroom a 10! The soup was delicious (Lobster Bisque). Our entrees were veal, salmon, NY strip steak. All were perfect and delicious. They offer specials and a selection for kids. Desserts were also very good. A little pricey, but worth it. I will definitely return in the near future.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationGiGiDined on 9/6/2014This place was delicious. 2 things I asked fo that did not happen was I asked for a table near the window and didn't get it and asked they put a candle in their dessert and it didnt happen. In all honesty, it did rain right before we got there and they were trying to accomodate all the outside reservations to insideSpecial Features:
- Lets do something tonitebigfoodfanDined on 9/6/2014A very pleasant surprise. Its close to home and we were ready for something different. Beautiful inside although we wanted to be outside but weather wasn't cooperating. Veal marsala was amazing , the service was very timely, fun and friendly ! And the desserts ,well thinking about them still makes my mouth water !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious homemade pastaFussyFineCookDined on 8/21/2014This place has authentic homemade pasta.The pasta "purse" special with feta and fig was out of this world. The waiter was attentative and accommodated special requests. Like going to little Italy without leaving Bucks County. Be sure to BYOB!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restuarant in RichboroalbirdDined on 8/17/2014Made a reservation on line and received a call that due to a large private party that we could either move the time back or sit on the patio. Normally I would have gone for the patio but my parents are very indoor people so we moved the time back. The regular menu was much better than what is available on holidays. (Last time). Service was very good. I ordered the soft shell crabs which were a bit out of season. Everyone liked the place so it was a success.Special Features:
- Food is outstandingTonyLDined on 8/1/2014The menu along with the specials leaves nothing out to tempt you palate. Would suggest this BYOB restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- love the patio and the BYOBviewsVIPDined on 7/19/2014I recently dined here for the first time with a friend. I was back the following week with my husband and another couple. We enjoyed the specials. The service is great and we can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great neighborhood placeMickiVIPDined on 7/19/2014This place is consistently good, and a local, fun place to dine, inside or outside.Special Features:
- Food was fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/12/2014Great Italian food. Very flavorfull and not your typical strip mall "American" Italian. BYOB which is great too. It is a little loud, so if you are looking for a quiet, romantic place this may not be for you. They have a nice outside courtyard, but I didn't get to eat there this time.Special Features:
- BellaDined on 7/11/2014Reserved through open table. We were seated right away. Everyone was helpful and pleasant. Food was served very timely and presentable and was very good. We will surely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/9/2014We stumbled across this establishment by accident, and decided to give it a try for date night. The food was superb, and exceeded our expectations at every course. Usually, Italian restaurants miss the mark in my opinion. But the food was excellent, and authentic. We had the antipasto to start with, and I would highly recommend it. My husband had the spinach gnocchi, which were fluffy and light, not the dense dough bullets we've had elsewhere. I had the tuna special for the evening, cooked perfectly medium rare, served over a bed of crab risotto with garlic sauteed spinach. It was the best tuna I've eaten in a restaurant. Superb on every level.Special Features:
- Wonderful outdoor dining experienceSteakLoversVIPDined on 7/5/2014We went on a Saturday night over July 4th weekend. The restaurant was not busy due to the holiday weekend. We sat outside on the patio which was wonderful. The weather was incredible with low humidity. It was secluded by trees and plants, which they did a great job on. The seating with big umbrellas was very comfortable too. I ordered the fish that was the special that evening. Our waiter recommended it and he was right on target. It was absolutely delicious! I wish I could remember the name of it, but I never heard of it before so I've forgotten the name....sorry. It was a nice white fish. The vegetable were done very nicely. Also had a tasty arugula salad. Have eaten inside many times and the food has always been great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding !WinegoodfoodenthusiastDined on 7/5/2014I have been visiting Uva for a few years even when it was Il gattapardo and every experience has been a triumph. Although the noise level can be somewhat loud during a full house (which is often I'm sure), the food, ambience especially the piano music and service make it all worthwhile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soft Shell Crabgood4uVIPDined on 7/3/2014UVA remains one of our favorite restaurants; service is always great and all staff are professional and pleasant. But I suppose everyone has an off day; the special last week of soft shell crabs was described to us as "lightly breaded and sautéed". However, they were heavily breaded and fried; if not for the shape of the crab, it was difficult to tell what we were eating. This won't keep us from Uva but was a disappointment.Special Features:
- The following 107 reviews are from the Uva reviews archive.
- YummyYummyDined on 6/21/2014Great selections to choose from. Reservation was right on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/18/2014This is a full service restaurant with a great selection of meals. Excellent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dinner!JillDined on 6/15/2014Always a pleasure to dine at UVA. We'll return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodMickiVIPDined on 6/6/2014Have eaten here before, but I ordered the special ravioli this time, and there were about 6-8 small ravioli, with no vegetable side. It was barely enough for a female who doesn't eat large portions, but a man would leave, hungry.Special Features:
- jblair7Dined on 5/31/2014Food was good. Service was slow. Waiter never came around to check on table. Water never refilled drinks.. Always had to find waiter if we wanted anything. When we asked for a drink refill & more water he forgot. Layout is poor. Very unromantic for fine dining. Was like eating in a cafeteria. Noise level very high. Hard to have a conversation at the table. The food was the only plus about the resaurant. A bit pricey. It's a byob and dinner for 2 cost us $135.00I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uva is fantastic!JillDined on 5/25/2014We will return again and again - what a great place to dine.Special Features:
- As alwaysgood4uVIPDined on 5/23/2014Same as always - great! You really should NOT ask every single time we go here as we are here almost every week and this is becoming not only repetitive but ridiculous. If we did not like it, we would not return week after week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodloverVIPDined on 5/18/2014Bland white sauces on the veal . Red sauces had tons of flavor and I would stick to those. We had linguine with oil and garlic instead of veggies and it had no flavor at all. Maybe they should call Robert Irvine to teach them how to flavor the sauces with salt, garlic and a pop of flavor. It's a shame as it is a beautiful place and with some tweaking could be great. Service was great though so I hope they can turn the flavors around
- Mother's Day BrunchK8ErvDined on 5/11/2014I took my parents here for Mother's Day Brunch. First timers here and what an impression! Inside it's beautiful, the brunch buffet was delicious, and the staff was right on top of your drinks, clearing your plates, and keeping the buffet stocked! There is outside seating which we did not partake in, but will next time. I will definitely go again for dinner or lunch. Even better, it's BYOB!!! We had mimosas during our brunch outing which made it all the more special for the moms!Special Features:
- AmyAmyPaulDined on 5/9/2014Food is very good and consistent. Staff is attentive. BYO. Inside is fine but a little crowded. Outside is really nice.Special Features:
- rtbirdDined on 5/9/2014We had a group of 8. Our table was set up nicely, but the restaurant just felt generally crowded and very loud. It took a little while to get our wine bottles open . The waiter was very friendly but I think he might have been spread a little too thin with other tables. Food was so-so. I can't remember anything being really great. I'm not sure that I would recommend this place to anyone, unless they want to play it safe.Special Features:
- Chef must have been on vacationTootsDined on 5/8/2014Dined on Thursday with sisters and service was very good but good did not even deserve one star. Eggplant was burnt on top, bruschetta was soggy and calamari loaded with old bay seasoning...terrible! All three pasta entrees were unable to consume as the pasta stuck together. So as my headline stated, either the chef was on vacation or this is typical and previous compliments were written by those with little taste.
- Great BYOBmfs26Dined on 5/6/2014My wife, and I had an excellent dinner at UVA on May 6, 2014. The restaurant was very busy for a Tuesday night, but did this not deter from the service provided, or the quality of the food. The BYOB is a huge plus, as this keeps the overall bill reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uva = Greatgood4uVIPDined on 5/2/2014My husband and I are frequent diners at Uva; weekly is our norm because the food is outstanding and the service always impeccable. Staff is extremely personable and professional.Special Features:
- Lovely Gem...BighenDined on 5/1/2014Drove by this place and decided to stop in with my family and it was the best decision that I made all day. Great place to eat and the ambiance was wonderful. The pork porterhouse was heaven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.