1040 Second Street Pike
Richboro, PA 18954Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://uvapa.com/
- Phone: 2153554454
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
Friday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Entertainment, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Uva
Uva is an Italian restaurant location in Richboro, PA.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Uva reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (27)fit for foodies (20)special occasion (18)great for outdoor dining (14)romantic (11)good for groups (10)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Delicious homemade pastaFussyFineCookDined on 8/21/2014This place has authentic homemade pasta.The pasta "purse" special with feta and fig was out of this world. The waiter was attentative and accommodated special requests. Like going to little Italy without leaving Bucks County. Be sure to BYOB!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restuarant in RichboroalbirdDined on 8/17/2014Made a reservation on line and received a call that due to a large private party that we could either move the time back or sit on the patio. Normally I would have gone for the patio but my parents are very indoor people so we moved the time back. The regular menu was much better than what is available on holidays. (Last time). Service was very good. I ordered the soft shell crabs which were a bit out of season. Everyone liked the place so it was a success.Special Features:
- Food is outstandingTonyLDined on 8/1/2014The menu along with the specials leaves nothing out to tempt you palate. Would suggest this BYOB restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- love the patio and the BYOBviewsVIPDined on 7/19/2014I recently dined here for the first time with a friend. I was back the following week with my husband and another couple. We enjoyed the specials. The service is great and we can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great neighborhood placeMickiVIPDined on 7/19/2014This place is consistently good, and a local, fun place to dine, inside or outside.Special Features:
- Food was fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/12/2014Great Italian food. Very flavorfull and not your typical strip mall "American" Italian. BYOB which is great too. It is a little loud, so if you are looking for a quiet, romantic place this may not be for you. They have a nice outside courtyard, but I didn't get to eat there this time.Special Features:
- BellaDined on 7/11/2014Reserved through open table. We were seated right away. Everyone was helpful and pleasant. Food was served very timely and presentable and was very good. We will surely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/9/2014We stumbled across this establishment by accident, and decided to give it a try for date night. The food was superb, and exceeded our expectations at every course. Usually, Italian restaurants miss the mark in my opinion. But the food was excellent, and authentic. We had the antipasto to start with, and I would highly recommend it. My husband had the spinach gnocchi, which were fluffy and light, not the dense dough bullets we've had elsewhere. I had the tuna special for the evening, cooked perfectly medium rare, served over a bed of crab risotto with garlic sauteed spinach. It was the best tuna I've eaten in a restaurant. Superb on every level.Special Features:
- Wonderful outdoor dining experienceSteakLoversDined on 7/5/2014We went on a Saturday night over July 4th weekend. The restaurant was not busy due to the holiday weekend. We sat outside on the patio which was wonderful. The weather was incredible with low humidity. It was secluded by trees and plants, which they did a great job on. The seating with big umbrellas was very comfortable too. I ordered the fish that was the special that evening. Our waiter recommended it and he was right on target. It was absolutely delicious! I wish I could remember the name of it, but I never heard of it before so I've forgotten the name....sorry. It was a nice white fish. The vegetable were done very nicely. Also had a tasty arugula salad. Have eaten inside many times and the food has always been great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding !WinegoodfoodenthusiastDined on 7/5/2014I have been visiting Uva for a few years even when it was Il gattapardo and every experience has been a triumph. Although the noise level can be somewhat loud during a full house (which is often I'm sure), the food, ambience especially the piano music and service make it all worthwhile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soft Shell Crabgood4uVIPDined on 7/3/2014UVA remains one of our favorite restaurants; service is always great and all staff are professional and pleasant. But I suppose everyone has an off day; the special last week of soft shell crabs was described to us as "lightly breaded and sautéed". However, they were heavily breaded and fried; if not for the shape of the crab, it was difficult to tell what we were eating. This won't keep us from Uva but was a disappointment.Special Features:
- YummyYummyDined on 6/21/2014Great selections to choose from. Reservation was right on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/18/2014This is a full service restaurant with a great selection of meals. Excellent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dinner!JillDined on 6/15/2014Always a pleasure to dine at UVA. We'll return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodMickiVIPDined on 6/6/2014Have eaten here before, but I ordered the special ravioli this time, and there were about 6-8 small ravioli, with no vegetable side. It was barely enough for a female who doesn't eat large portions, but a man would leave, hungry.Special Features:
- jblair7Dined on 5/31/2014Food was good. Service was slow. Waiter never came around to check on table. Water never refilled drinks.. Always had to find waiter if we wanted anything. When we asked for a drink refill & more water he forgot. Layout is poor. Very unromantic for fine dining. Was like eating in a cafeteria. Noise level very high. Hard to have a conversation at the table. The food was the only plus about the resaurant. A bit pricey. It's a byob and dinner for 2 cost us $135.00I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uva is fantastic!JillDined on 5/25/2014We will return again and again - what a great place to dine.Special Features:
- As alwaysgood4uVIPDined on 5/23/2014Same as always - great! You really should NOT ask every single time we go here as we are here almost every week and this is becoming not only repetitive but ridiculous. If we did not like it, we would not return week after week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodloverVIPDined on 5/18/2014Bland white sauces on the veal . Red sauces had tons of flavor and I would stick to those. We had linguine with oil and garlic instead of veggies and it had no flavor at all. Maybe they should call Robert Irvine to teach them how to flavor the sauces with salt, garlic and a pop of flavor. It's a shame as it is a beautiful place and with some tweaking could be great. Service was great though so I hope they can turn the flavors around
- Mother's Day BrunchK8ErvDined on 5/11/2014I took my parents here for Mother's Day Brunch. First timers here and what an impression! Inside it's beautiful, the brunch buffet was delicious, and the staff was right on top of your drinks, clearing your plates, and keeping the buffet stocked! There is outside seating which we did not partake in, but will next time. I will definitely go again for dinner or lunch. Even better, it's BYOB!!! We had mimosas during our brunch outing which made it all the more special for the moms!Special Features:
- AmyAmyPaulDined on 5/9/2014Food is very good and consistent. Staff is attentive. BYO. Inside is fine but a little crowded. Outside is really nice.Special Features:
- Chef must have been on vacationTootsDined on 5/8/2014Dined on Thursday with sisters and service was very good but good did not even deserve one star. Eggplant was burnt on top, bruschetta was soggy and calamari loaded with old bay seasoning...terrible! All three pasta entrees were unable to consume as the pasta stuck together. So as my headline stated, either the chef was on vacation or this is typical and previous compliments were written by those with little taste.
- Great BYOBmfs26Dined on 5/6/2014My wife, and I had an excellent dinner at UVA on May 6, 2014. The restaurant was very busy for a Tuesday night, but did this not deter from the service provided, or the quality of the food. The BYOB is a huge plus, as this keeps the overall bill reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uva = Greatgood4uVIPDined on 5/2/2014My husband and I are frequent diners at Uva; weekly is our norm because the food is outstanding and the service always impeccable. Staff is extremely personable and professional.Special Features:
- Lovely Gem...BighenDined on 5/1/2014Drove by this place and decided to stop in with my family and it was the best decision that I made all day. Great place to eat and the ambiance was wonderful. The pork porterhouse was heaven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 92 reviews are from the Uva reviews archive.
- Staff was overwelmFervalDined on 4/25/2014It seems that they were short on staff or for the amount of customer they bacame overwelmed. They should hire another person for getting a better experience to their guess. It can became on of the best restaurant in the area.Special Features:
- Wonderful BYOBJillDined on 4/24/2014This is an excellent Italian BYOB! The ambiance is lovely, the food is incredible, and the service impeccable. I will return again and again, and bring my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Italian BYOBJillDined on 4/18/2014We enjoyed a wonderful lunch at Uva and look forward to having dinner with a group of our friends next week. The menu has several tasty offerings, the ambiance is lovely, and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Uva great night outfoodieDined on 4/5/2014The staff were friendly and attentive. The owner comes to every table and engages in conversation with the guestsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent. ServiceTakeachanceDined on 3/22/2014Food was excellent. Service was very good. They can accommodate special dietary needs. Only negative is the noise level. Beyond the very good singer there is just too high of a noise level. However that would not stop me from going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UVA ReviewInnaDined on 3/22/2014I loved the food, service and atmosphere in the place. Waiter was friendly and helpful with his suggestions. Everyone loved their food. Sea Bass deserved five stars rating. Tiramisu was one of the best I ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Again!good4uVIPDined on 3/14/2014The food is excellent and the staff warm and friendly. Impeccable food, good atmosphere and great staff! It's working!!! We're there every week.Special Features:
- Higher end ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/8/2014Great higher end Italian , a rare thing in Richboro! Only complaint was that the kale in the buratta and kale salad was raw, but the buratta was awesome. I am a first generation Italian and a foodie, UVA met all my standards!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuesday NightMarkVIPDined on 3/4/2014Menu was interesting, not typical Italian but had the mainstays as well. On a Tuesday night it was pleasant and service was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was surprised there were fewsuzieVIPDined on 2/27/2014Was surprised there were few people in the restaurant and food arrived tepid
- A pleasant evening!ACNewtownDined on 2/22/2014Great food, great service...Fabrizio was attentive, knowledgeable, and entertaining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Euro LunchKenhVIPDined on 2/20/2014A friend and I spent 3 hours having an excellant european style lunch. Mark, our server, did a great job, never rushing anything and always offering service.Special Features:
- Last minute dinner dateAngelDined on 2/16/2014My husband and I decided to try this place out as it was close to home. He tried a special..a ravioli served with a mushroom sauce. He liked it but it wasn't a large enough portion for him. I got the mahi mahi which was very good. We both finished our plates. For dessert, the creme brulee, was very good as well. We would come back here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been better.BFullsDined on 2/14/2014Wife never got her salad. Appetizer for 2 was very small. To many olives and peppers and not enough italian meats and cheese. Wife had sea bass half was very tasty other half was mushy. Waiter said dessert was on the house however it was on the bill so we paid it. Staff seemed nice but service was poor.
- Good But….maybe not for Open TableGaryVIPDined on 2/14/2014Been here a number of times ( couple of times a month), and we like the food and service overall….however, its becoming apparent that the owners have a group of friends who get special treatment. That would be fine and really usual, but its becoming an issue for others and I am thinking Open Table reservers. Every time (last 4 times) I make an open table reservation…I honestly get the worst table in the house, when I inquire…all other tables are taken. (Valentines day I sat in corner with a table 6 inches from a curtain next to kitchen) Then I noticed 4-5 table remained open that night? Probably will pass this one by for now on.