568 Haight Street
San Francisco, CA 94117Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.uvaenoteca.com/
- Phone: (415) 829-2024
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday-Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday-Monday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm
Happy Hour: Monday - Thursday: 5pm-630pm, Sat-Sun 3pm-630pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Wine Bar, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Please contact us directly for parties of 7 or more. We offer group dining for parties of 10 or more for $27 per person for 3 courses family style.
A word from Uva Enoteca
Welcome to Uva Enoteca. Our cuisine is focused on the Italian Enoteca experience. We serve Formaggi, Carne, Antipasti, Insalate, Pizza, Pasta and Gelato everyday.Continued
We also feature an all Italian wine list showcasing small Italian producers and wine based cocktails. we look forward to serving you.
We also feature an all Italian wine list showcasing small Italian producers and wine based cocktails. we look forward to serving you.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Uva Enoteca reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (29)fit for foodies (24)notable wine list (19)romantic (17)hot spot (11)good for groups (8)great for brunch (7)special occasion (7)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (5)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great food and wine!OT7249VIPDined on 11/2/2014I had the butternut squash rigatoni, and it was excellent. I think this would be a good date spot on the cheaper end for SF.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A - OkAsianPersuasionVIPDined on 10/25/2014This place is ok. the service and food are decent, but nothing to rave about. I didn't have anything that wowed me enough to want to come back, but it wasn't bad to try once. waiter and host was pretty attentive, but the food just took forever to come out.
- Hidden GemSomeone2CountOnVIPDined on 9/15/2014"Uva Enoteca" Meaning Wine Grapes is a high quality casual Italian restaurant. I went for the first time and with a group. There were pizzas, lasagna, and eggplant ordered. I had a meatball pizza. It was delicious. However when I shared a slice of my colleagues' pizza, I had food envy! Each one better than the next. The lasagna was just like homemade. The wine and Persecco were delectable. We all enjoyed our meals and had no room for dessert. Perhaps the next time?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Closing time late entryAngelaSDined on 9/9/2014I had made a reservation for this place on a last minute whim, as I saw they offered some delicious sounding cheese and cured meats. The pricing was affordable. The staff (that was still there) was courteous. The coffee was tasty. The meats and cheeses were most satisfying! Even the bread it was served with (focaccia sliced thin?) was quite yummy. Our red bearded server was very sweet and accommodating, even though myself and my friend were in so late. We didn't feel rushed at all, more so welcomed even. Definitely want to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza is amazing!PhilDined on 9/6/2014Pizza was fantastic! Very fresh ingredients, great ambiance and service! Definitely urge everyone to get the margarita pizza!Special Features:
- One of my fav spots...JaimeseyDined on 8/29/2014If you want to slide into a hot spot in The Haight, this place is right for you! Great ambience, food, and, service. A+Special Features:
- Reliably deliciouscitygirlDined on 8/1/2014Each time I've dined here with friends, we've commented as soon as we're out the door "that was a really great dinner." It's a lot of fun to share dishes, although ordering individually is good too. Ask about seasonal sides, consider a cheese selection, and try the meatballs. Great wine selection (no hard alcohol, for those looking for bar drinks). Intimate, energetic setting that's especially good for 2-4 people. We'll be back for more!Special Features:
- The following 335 reviews are from the Uva Enoteca reviews archive.
- Family Style!BirthdayDined on 7/29/2014Our party of 6 went family style for dinner and it was a lot of food and wine, wine, WINE! The meat and cheese plates were a meal on their own. Pasta's were decent but pizza's were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pizza and CheeseErinDined on 7/27/2014This place had great pizza ($16 but definitely shareable) and an awesome cheese selection. The bread with the cheese was flimsy and moist from oil/butter though so not really meant for cheese; that was the only downside. Otherwise great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/21/2014We always have a great meal at Uva Enoteca. The starters are creative and delicious. We had the corn salad, the olives and the chickpea crostini. Just wonderful. The pizzas are perfectly crafted. And the pastas are always worth trying. I had the puttanesca bianca with olives and capers and lemon. They are one of the few restaurants that serve buccatini pasta, which is hard to eat, but delicious. The service is casual but attentive. We love it.Special Features:
- Solid Italian with a twistMrsDivakDined on 7/16/2014Love how many choices you have at this place. Mix and match cheeses meats and anti-pasta/small plates. Everything is fresh and delicious, and there are lots of great choices. Pizza is great too! Great non-intrusive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood Italianybrob24VIPDined on 7/11/2014Great food - the boar pasta and both of our pizzas were great. Solid wine list and wonderful service. Will be back for sure.
- Try the Bear Bolognaise!imabigkidnow88VIPDined on 7/6/2014The bear bolognaise lasagna was absolutely fantastic. It reminded me of this delicious lasagna I had while in Tuscany a few years ago. The prices were very reasonable and the cauliflower appetizer was simply amazing. The service was just ok...nothing fantastic...but nothing bad either. The only thing I disliked was that they didnt serve bread for the table...that would have helped mop up the leftover meat sauce.Special Features:
- Bottomless bellinisFoggyEthanVIPDined on 7/5/2014The bottomless bellinis were a nice plus. People were generally happy with what they got, although my lasagna was cool in the middle and only warm at the edges.
- Great food and friendly serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/3/2014The food at Uvo Enoteca has always been excellent. The service is friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- really goodlauraVIPDined on 7/3/2014We really enjoyed this restaurant - excellent corn/tomato appetizer, delicious eggplant and stuffed shell pasta dish and fabulous budino dessert. My husband also loved the Italian wine the waiter recommended. Fortunately, we arrived at 7:00 and it was quite empty and quiet. By 8:00, though, it was very crowded and noisy - hence, arrive early!
- Good food, GREAT wine.CABFDined on 6/27/2014Staff made special accommodations for one of the party who had severe dietary restrictions--they essentially went completely off-menu and came back with something delicious. Wine list is diverse but curated enough that it's easy to settle on something interesting and tasty. Portions are normal but rib-sticking; the appetizers and salads are phenomenal. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Dat Semifreddo Doe...FoxtalesAndCocktailsDined on 6/2/2014Lil Monday late date. Antonio picked out a nice 8 oz of rosso for the lady and I, went with the easy 3 course taste. Good meat on the antipasti, cheese was a lil meh, good kale salad for lady. Eggplant was primo with the mozz on top, and the thick pasta was top and not too much. Dessert was super, semifreddo and dat buddino... semifreddo though is reaaaaal good. Wish they had better dessert wines won't lie. Take your lady on a calm night and it's a strong play.Special Features:
- Always a good timecherribombDined on 5/20/2014We've had many great meals at Uva. They have an interesting wine list with a number of good finds from various parts of Italy. We like that they offer 2oz pours so you can create your own tasting flight. The food is very good and very consistent. It isn't something I'd go out of my way for, but we love the friendly and efficient service, the bustley atmosphere and the fun menu. The pizza is also usually quite good.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!CherylPDDined on 5/20/2014This is a wonderful restaurant with a fantastic wine selection! There vegetable antipasti selections are particularly good.Special Features:
- std food with a twistwant2tryeverythingDined on 5/20/2014Pretty busy place, place is much too loud hard to hear. Food is standard fare but with a twist, lasagna uses boar for the protein as an example. Place could of used another body as service was slow but not problematic. The best place for service is to sit at the bar. Good place to go for after work glass of wine with finger food.
- Good timesdwestDined on 5/15/2014Came here with customers for a 6:30 dinner. Table was ready right when we got there since the restaurant wasn't crowded. The fact that it was set up already was a great start. 3 of us headed to the bar for a end of happy hour drink. Great wine selection but note that everything is based on Italian wines so you may not find what you are used to. Enjoy it, find something new. When we did take our seats, service was a little slow but it may have been the waiter letting us settle down because he rocked. We had a 3 meat/3 cheese platter. I have no idea what was on it but we asked for te most popular items and they were fantastic! I'm out of space for the food review but the food was fantastic! Definitly recommend the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What Happened!?CarlosVIPDined on 5/12/2014I just returned to Uva Enoteca after not having dined there for a couple of years and, while the wine list and service remain impressive, and the cheese section is still lovely, the quality of the prepared food has completely deteriorated! We ordered a carrot - fennel salad that was made of bland blanched carrots and pickled fennel. The fresh ingredients would have been flavorful and refreshing instead of the mushy result we weren't motivated to finish. Our stuffed pasta shells had sat out of water long enough to reach that stale crunchiness at the edges.
- a bit of a misssfamp123Dined on 5/8/2014Good thing we arrived early..The place fillls up after 8 PM. Though there were plenty of other tables the waiter sat a couple right next To me and my friend..due to her loud voice and the rest o's poor acoustics, we were annoyed and distracted throughout our meal. The waiter was highly unkempt and looked like he should have been in the yard hosing down trash bins...yeah yeah its Haight street .but wash/comb your hair.& soppy tshirt and jeans?? poor timing reaching across me for the wine beakers, clearing dishes while we were still eating. Barrata cheese,typically served w warm olive oil or butter..mine was cold! and the greens on top had so much salty/lemon dressing,I almost sent it back.. I would go back but w lower expectations .Special Features:
- Fantastic Hidden GemjornieDined on 5/6/2014Uva Enoteca was an amazing find. We have been there a number of times and it has been a fantastic experience every time. The food is delicious, the staff is friendly and engaging, the wine list is great, and the atmosphere is perfect. All of this and it doesn't feel like an overpriced hot spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Hole-In-The-WallJaredVIPDined on 5/2/2014Cozy dinner spot with great Italian wines and an interesting menu.Special Features:
- good food and wineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Lots of good cured meats and cheeses to mix and match. Good wines too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian foodTysonDined on 4/23/2014Thoroughly enjoyed this place on a Wednesday night with old friends that were in town. They were very impressed. Great Italian wine selection. Everything from the meats and cheeses to salads and mains was fantastic. I wish this place was in my neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining Out for LifeOccasionalDinerDined on 4/22/2014Went here to attend Dining Out for Life. The food was good, the cheese and meat selections were delicious. I would come here again! I wish the host for D4L made rounds to all of the tables. It was as though we had simply went out to eat that night, and not specifically for this event. I don't even know who the host was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good in the 'Hoodall4foodDined on 4/15/2014Uva Enoteca is one of the good newish (it still seems new) places to eat in the Lower Haight. We go there from time to time, trying to get there a little early if we want to talk to friends (the noise level is a bit energetic later on). And recently we hit it during their Happy Hour (until 6:30). We each had the two meal offerings--pasta and pizza--and the wine, and we were very happy with them. So it's good for early birds!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accommodating, we changedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/13/2014Very accommodating, we changed our reservation time twice and it wasn't an issue. The food was great, citrus salad was amazing. Boyfriend was ecstatic about the mushroom pizza. The only thing worth noting; the restaurant was extremely hot. This may seem like a petty thing to mention to some but it honestly cut out stay short here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true Italian food!EinatDined on 4/12/2014What an amazing place!!! The prices are reasonable and the food... Superb! The best lasagna I've ever had!!! Even my Italian companion agreed... Will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd datemBSFDined on 4/4/2014Met up for our third date and found everything wonderful. the only issue may have been that our table was directly in front of the bathroom, but it actually didn't cause any issues. Speck and other meats were delicious; waiter recommended a great bottle of white; food was excellent. Scored a 4th date!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Menu and Delicious FoodapanzerjDined on 4/4/2014This place was great. The tomato sauce is based on San Marzano tomatoes and if you don't know what that means, you need to try some. It's an amazing tomato with vibrant flavor. Food was good, service was good. I had the baked shells which, while delicious, was a tad small in portion size.Special Features:
- Wine and PizzaHbros16Dined on 3/28/2014Great choice of Italian wines. My boyfriend and I each ordered a pizza. Mine came with capers, anchovies, and chillies. It was fantastic! Would absolutely come back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice unpretentious spotdseverib75VIPDined on 3/22/2014We had lunch here twice. It is a very nice spot for a quite relaxed lunch. We had pizza both times and it was a well executed, almost authentic Italian pizza (and I am from Italy, I grew up on pizza). The second time was a bit undercooked bud definitely pleasant. A solid place for a nice chilled afternoon outSpecial Features:
- Great find!dvnoneVIPDined on 3/11/2014Wonderful pizza, the best kale salad ever and delicious Italian wines! The wine was so good that we ended up buying2 bottles to take home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for wine, not the pizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/21/2014Service was very welcoming. The wine list is completely in Italian and lower case font, so hard to read & understand. The anchovy pizza was swimming in fishy oil, and while the top crust was burnt, the bottom was soggy. The next dish, the cheese lasagna saved the dinner. Not a tomato in sight, but a delightful bechmal sauce with kale bubbly cheesy tower. Dessert of the chocolate pudding was rich, good, slightly burnt caramel. Very noisy, needs some noise damping panels to block out the large group of girls cheering for shots. Not sure if I would return.Special Features:
- My husband and I went forNYCtransplantVIPDined on 2/14/2014My husband and I went for a low key date night. Service was fantastic - great mix of casual and knowledgeable. Cheese and meats were first class as were the veggie antispasti options. The wine list has something for everyone. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantTroyDined on 2/14/2014Servers knew their stuff. They were very nice and helped us order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.