URBN Coal Fired Pizza
3085 University Ave.
San Diego, CA 92103Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
URBN Coal Fired Pizza
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.urbnnorthpark.com/
- Phone: 6192557300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 12:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 2:00am; Sunday: 4:00pm - 12:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let us create a special menu for your event or party!
A word from URBN Coal Fired Pizza
Located in the heart of North Park, URBN Coal Fired Pizza/Bar is a 5,000 square foot warehouse on the corner 31st and University. Sister bar/restaurant to BASIC Urban Kitchen in the East Village, it has evolved to a coal fired pizza concept with craft pies, an expanded menu and a beverage program second to none. The thin-crust New Haven style pizza served at URBN will include everything from traditional pepperoni pizza to signature toppings like fried eggplant, gorganzola-stuffed peppers, fresh clams, and the famed mashed potato & pancetta. Expect the same warehouse-style ambiance and raw design that locals love about BASIC downtown.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
URBN Coal Fired Pizza reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (8)neighborhood gem (7)vibrant bar scene (6)fit for foodies (5)hot spot (4)special occasion (3)great for lunch (2)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Good pizza but very loadBEARVIPDined on 7/13/2014Loved the pizza. We went there at 5:30 and it was so noisy that we had to yell at each other because the music was turned up way too loud. Otherwise it was a great place.Special Features:
- Ahhhhhh-mazingLeenLovesFoodDined on 6/5/2014Great vibes, good food, and an amazing wine list. Ordered: Polpetta Con Provolone Pizza (The cheese was delightful!) Sauvignon Blanc | Semillon (A great blend. Definitely try this Australian wine) This place would be great for a big group of about ten people for a special occasion! Next time I am trying the coal fired wings. :)Special Features:
- Birthday brunchFoodieMooreDined on 5/18/2014Good food, good service, and good beers. The wings were small and meat a little dry. The sauce was good. The pizza was really tasty especially the mashed potatoe pizza. Great Afternoon overall. Highly recommend for guys brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 6 reviews are from the URBN Coal Fired Pizza reviews archive.
- Melt in your mouth delish!SDCheatTreatsDined on 5/1/2014I came here with friends to try something new and was overly impressed. The pizzas we ordered were out of this world. Chicken alfredo and the BBQ Chicken stood out in flavor. Service was slightly slower than expected for the small crowd they had at the time, but she was very knowledgeable and accurate with her suggestions.Special Features:
- Offers a wide variety of "craft"DoofusVIPDined on 8/16/2012Offers a wide variety of "craft" pizzas, as well as the ability to build your own, all New Haven style. The salads and pizza are all HUGE.Special Features:
- I enjoy dining at URBN moreeatdrinkrepeatDined on 6/24/2012I enjoy dining at URBN more so than Basic though the food selection is basically the same. I really really dig the couch seating (great for big groups) and it's not so loud in there that you can't hold a conversation (which is I often feel at Basic). The bourbon cocktail is killer! Love the spicy hot wings and the sausage stuffed pepper pizza. Will definitely be back again and again!Special Features:
- The menu is creative and ingredientOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/17/2012The menu is creative and ingredients are fresh. Urbn salad is one of the best I've tasted. Pizza crust is crisp and light, pizza sizes are larger than expected. Loved the local beers on tap.Special Features:
- Excellent pizza! Great beerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/9/2012Excellent pizza! Great beer selections! We'll be back often.Special Features:
- Very cool vibe! Great pizzasDineOutSDVIPDined on 3/31/2012Very cool vibe! Great pizzas that are very large. Homemade lemonade is delicious. Our server was very attentive and nice.Special Features: