1639 8th Ave
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://urbaneseattle.com/
- Phone: 2066764600x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 6:30am - 11:00am
Saturday & Sunday: 6:30am - 2:30pm
Bottomless Mimosas $18
Daily: 11:00am - 2:30pm
5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Audrey Spence
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Urbane
Our restaurant menus and décor are inspired by the culinary spoils of the Pacific Northwest, and we take great pride in working with our local farmers and producers to ensure quality and dependability. Our lounge has become a neighbourhood favourite for happy hour or pre-theater drinks and bites. Our team of mixologists create one-of-a-kind specialty and classic cocktails to pair with our small plate offerings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Urbane - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Urbane reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (24)great for lunch (14)good for groups (14)special occasion (13)vibrant bar scene (12)neighborhood gem (10)romantic (8)great for brunch (6)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (5)notable wine list (5)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Nothing SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014Checked out Urbane because it was Seattle Restaurant Week. The food wasn't anything to die for, although the Huckleberry Ice Cream Sundae dessert was the only thing I really enjoyed.Special Features:
- Fresh & tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/28/2014Fresh and tasty and prepared with a gentle hand. Careful timely service too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingWhassupDined on 10/25/2014Urbane had been one of my favorite restaurants since it opened. I first went to Urbane on my Birthday. It was wonderful; service, food and ambience. I hosted several friends Birthdays at Urbane and they loved the venue. I brought my fiancee for our second date. We closed the place down. Our last visit was very disappointing. In an empty restaurant we were told booths were not available. We were there for 2 hours and the booths were not filled. I asked for no sugar in my food. I have done this in the past and the kitchen has been more than accomodating. Our last visit we were told there was no sugar in my food yet one of the sauces clearly had sugar. We later confirmed that we were correct. Given the chance I could have requested no sauce.
- Restaurant out Week - delicious!WestSeattleliteVIPDined on 10/23/2014My daughter and I attended before our trip to the 5th Avenue. The menu options for the Weekly special were all sounding good. Selections we choose were all delicious. Waiter was great & attentive ~ got us on our way & we made it to the Theater in perfect timing. I recommend Urbane!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/21/2014I would give most anything for the recipe for the French Riviera cocktailSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedcocovanillaDined on 10/19/2014We came a Sunday for Seattle Restaurant Week. On the website, it states that they start SRW on the 19th. However, when we got there, they told us that they don't start until the following day. My family and I decided to stay & try out their brunch menu anyway. I got the Benedict omelet whilst my dad got the burger & my cousin got the bacon omelet. I did like how my egg was cooked, but other than that, majority of our food was very salty. My dad took a bite of his burger and decided to stick to the french fries. The service needs improvement. I felt like our waiter was not that attentive or friendly. At one point, he forgot to bring in milk for my tea. I had to ask another waitress for it. Will we come back again? Nope.
- up and downHenryDined on 10/18/2014Nice place, good location. The food ranged from excellent to barely ordinary. Wonderful fried calamari, very good crabcakes. Mediocre burger and fries--it was one of their featured items. Well done (I should have sent it back and asked for medium rare), and dry. And it sounded very good, but it fell apart in my hand and I needed a knife and fork to eat it. And it is hard to make mediocre fries but they did. I might go back, have the calamari, and try the lamb shank...Special Features:
- brunch for 9 worked out greatseattlecamperVIPDined on 10/18/2014We set-up a table of 7 and it worked out great. I wasn't able to change it to 9 online, as open-table said Urbane didn't allow online bookings that large. But I called in and it worked out great. Everything came out warm, delicious, and at the same time. I've never been disappointed by this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!nickDined on 10/4/2014Food was amazing and service was attentive. We had a wonderful dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not goodFrankDined on 10/3/2014Very loud and bad food.....do not order the calamari or the sliders......drinks were weak....overall not good
- Great Lunch at UrbaneOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/1/2014Food was great with a big selection of different dishesSpecial Features:
- Urbane succeeds againbobwseattleVIPDined on 9/30/2014We had another great experience at Urbane. Great food, well served good selection of beers and wines and cocktails. A special note that they took wonderful care of one of our dinner guests who is completely blind. Didn't hesitate to provide the accomodations needed to ensure that he had a great experience too. Nicely Done!!Special Features:
- SteveVIPDined on 9/29/2014Enjoyed the breakfast very much at this place. Service and food very good, just a little pricey for the quantity received. Overall good though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hyatt restaurantYawnVIPDined on 9/27/2014We were there with a group. The service was very good. Our waiter and hostess were friendly and accommodating. The food was just ordinary. Nothing stood out as great except the chocolate bread pudding. The chicken and flour less chocolate cake were dry.
- M and 3 guestsenjoyanicemealDined on 9/26/2014Overall nice evening/dinner experience. First time visit. The drinks were very good, as were the appetizers and the my first course (Kale salad) was great. Some at the table had Halibut or Salmon entrée which was reported as being very good.. I chose the grass fed NY strip which was standard for the cut, but it was served on a bed of bread bits and other parts mixed in.. I was rather disappointed... the bar was packed and very vibrant and seem this is a great place for some bit and bites and a drink.Special Features:
- Not much on menudeltapearlDined on 9/21/2014The wines by glass are pretty pricey. The menu is very small. We found ourselves eating appetizers because we weren't big fans of the food on main menu. Despite that it was good food and service.Special Features:
- Great serviceepiladyDined on 9/14/2014The bar is a must at Urbane. Great wine list, an all-day Sunday happy hour - and amazing drinks. Ask Chase to make you a special drink and you can't go wrong. Good food, quick service, and a neat restaurant.Special Features:
- Fabulous French ToastLauraLVIPDined on 8/27/2014Had breakfast here and loved the Grand Marnier Brioche French toast! Yummy way to start the day!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre hotel restaurantLovejacksonVIPDined on 8/10/2014Meal before the theater and did not really investigate much about this restaurant. We had a great server but the meal was acceptable but nothing more. With all the great places in Seattle we feel we made an error in selection. We would not go back
- Just okSeattle001Dined on 8/9/2014I had heard about Urbane from friends so I thought I'd try it and was pretty disappointed. The food was just ok, not great for what you are paying. I expected a little more based on what I heard and based on prices. I gave this a 3 star more for the food aspect. If it was based on service I would of given them a solid 2. Took awhile to have our server acknowledge us, then brought out our side dishes first ( a good 15 min before entrees) he never came back for us to even ask where our entrée was. Then food was there and saw him when he was ready to hand us the bill. There was also an altercation at another table with the customer and staff... which turned into the whole staff standing around gossiping about it in front of the main entrance.
- Pass on this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/8/2014Over Cooked all the dishes we ordered. Very loud could not hear the waitress speak.
- Not So Good NowRobertoDined on 8/5/2014First experience a few months back was good. Enticing menu specials which were good quality and value. Second visit recently was disappointing. No specials, BBQ chicken dish was overcooked, value was not there. Salmon dish was average. Not sure we will return.
- DisappointedPumaDined on 8/5/2014I choose this restaurant because it was close to the Paramount Theater. I was taken to a back table and had to ask for a different table by the window when the restaurant was empty. My chicken dish was not as represented, so again I was disappointed. However, wonderful view of the commuters taking their bus home, vibrant sidewall scene, and the waiter was outstanding. Wanted to try it. Now that I have, I will try other places. The scene and feel of the Bar, seemed interesting and exciting compared to the back corner of the restaurant.
- Bad night, or bad waiter?PoqueDined on 8/2/2014Having visited Urbane many, many times in the past, I had the usual high expectations for this place. Saturday night fell short, very short. Our waiter took 20 minutes to ask about drinks - so long in fact that the host finally took our order for drinks and food at the same time. Then, he never checked back on us. We were nearly late to make our play at the Parmount and had to ask 4 different individuals for our check. We were unable to enjoy dessert because of this. At the end our waiter returned and we explained to him how upset we were, he just shrugged his shoulders and walked away. Absolutely certain I won't be going back or recommending this place to anyone else.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/30/2014After an earlier, good experience at Urbane for lunch, we decided to try dinner. While the hostess was pleasant, the service thereafter was mediocre at best. Our server appeared to have too many tables, and service was slow all night long. The hostess did cover a follow up drink request. Our server blamed the service on an overwhelmed kitchen. The food (cod, lasagne) was actually good. Unfortunately, the overall experience was marred by the lousy service.
- See and be seenKirklanderVIPDined on 7/24/2014This is a great place for pre-theater dining--lively and lovely, good service and good food. Go there!Special Features:
- Perfect before theater menuHappyholidaydinerDined on 7/24/2014There were three of us. We shared appetizers and wine. Every one of them was outstanding-really!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner before the showOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/23/2014We had a dinner reservation before a show at the Paramount and showed up very late due to traffic. But they got our food out to us very quickly and it was all outstanding. The food was much better than the last time I came here on Valentine's Day, when it was pretty lame actually. Our waitress was brand new, but she did a great job getting our order quickly and getting it out to us.
- yum!sisterbitmynoseDined on 7/22/2014The food was amazing, the drinks were incredible, and the service was exceptionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great waitress,terrible hostessMaddyVIPDined on 7/18/2014The hostess was terrible, she was in a fog.You speak to here and she just looks at you with empty eyes.Although she did verbally respond,based on her lack of action, didnt understand what you were saying.This is not the initial impression you want a first time visitor to Urbane to remember. My friends were upset and thought about asking for the manager, but we were celebrating my birthday and didn't want to make a fuss.The fish dish was delicious,however, the chef forgot the green beans in our fish dish.We mentioned this to the waitress at end of our meal, she then came out with a dish of green beans. Stated " the chef wanted us to have a taste of green beans",I found this rather odd. The upside, the servicer was excellent and attentive.Special Features:
- Superb!!FinedinerVIPDined on 7/10/2014I went there twice on my trip. The mussels with Pancetta were outstanding, and I had the King Salmon prepared with pesto and wild mushrooms. The salmon was moist and tender and the mushroom and potato hash added to the flavor of the salmon. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.
- nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/10/2014We went here as a recommendation but found it to be just okay. The food wasn't anything special. Even thought it was super slow, it took 15 minutes each time for our drinks to arrive.
- The following 265 reviews are from the Urbane reviews archive.
- A quick biteOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/10/2014Had fabulous sides before going to the ACT. Prompt service, very friendly. Close enough for a relaxing bite before a play.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Liked It!!IzzyPDined on 6/7/2014This restaurant had good food, great surprises of collections in all the tables and on the walls. It was really a fun place with very good food. "The" burger was very good and everything that passed by looked really good too. Must have reservations, it was very busy.Special Features:
- ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/6/2014The service was good and the food was tasty. The portions were moderate and well presented.
- Tasty but noisyemp1Dined on 6/6/2014Room was noisy. Hostess was not too receptive when we asked for a quieter table. Food was tasty, not exceptional.Special Features:
- DeeBeeDined on 6/5/2014Too noisy to hold conversation across the table without raising ones voice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but misleading infoDinerDined on 6/4/2014We were looking forward to having an early dinner at Urbane and taking advantage of their happy hour choices. When we arrived they told us that a new policy meant that they were only serving their happy hour menu in the bar and there weren't any tables for 4 available in the bar. They really need to update their website with that information. The food was good but very pricey.
- Disappointed Downtown...AgaincomidabuenaDined on 6/4/2014We were told we could be served from the bar if we sat outside. We were plagued by street people the entire meal with zero interference from the wait staff. Our cocktails were served after our food arrived. Had I known, I'd have ordered wine. The mussels were dry and shriveled; poutine was cold. Service was slow and our waitress seemed on the verge of panic. The atmosphere inside the restaurant was like that of a train station: loud and not cozy.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/4/2014Mussels were best ever. Unfortunately the vegetable pot pie was pretty awful.