1639 8th Ave
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://urbaneseattle.com/
- Phone: 2066764600x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 6:30am - 11:00am
Saturday & Sunday: 6:30am - 2:30pm
Bottomless Mimosas $18
Daily: 11:00am - 2:30pm
5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Audrey Spence
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Urbane
Our restaurant menus and décor are inspired by the culinary spoils of the Pacific Northwest, and we take great pride in working with our local farmers and producers to ensure quality and dependability. Our lounge has become a neighbourhood favourite for happy hour or pre-theater drinks and bites. Our team of mixologists create one-of-a-kind specialty and classic cocktails to pair with our small plate offerings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Urbane - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Urbane reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (17)vibrant bar scene (10)special occasion (10)great for lunch (9)good for groups (9)neighborhood gem (8)great for brunch (6)romantic (4)notable wine list (4)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great serviceepiladyDined on 9/14/2014The bar is a must at Urbane. Great wine list, an all-day Sunday happy hour - and amazing drinks. Ask Chase to make you a special drink and you can't go wrong. Good food, quick service, and a neat restaurant.Special Features:
- Fabulous French ToastLauraLVIPDined on 8/27/2014Had breakfast here and loved the Grand Marnier Brioche French toast! Yummy way to start the day!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre hotel restaurantLovejacksonVIPDined on 8/10/2014Meal before the theater and did not really investigate much about this restaurant. We had a great server but the meal was acceptable but nothing more. With all the great places in Seattle we feel we made an error in selection. We would not go back
- Just okSeattle001Dined on 8/9/2014I had heard about Urbane from friends so I thought I'd try it and was pretty disappointed. The food was just ok, not great for what you are paying. I expected a little more based on what I heard and based on prices. I gave this a 3 star more for the food aspect. If it was based on service I would of given them a solid 2. Took awhile to have our server acknowledge us, then brought out our side dishes first ( a good 15 min before entrees) he never came back for us to even ask where our entrée was. Then food was there and saw him when he was ready to hand us the bill. There was also an altercation at another table with the customer and staff... which turned into the whole staff standing around gossiping about it in front of the main entrance.
- Pass on this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/8/2014Over Cooked all the dishes we ordered. Very loud could not hear the waitress speak.
- Not So Good NowRobertoDined on 8/5/2014First experience a few months back was good. Enticing menu specials which were good quality and value. Second visit recently was disappointing. No specials, BBQ chicken dish was overcooked, value was not there. Salmon dish was average. Not sure we will return.
- DisappointedPumaDined on 8/5/2014I choose this restaurant because it was close to the Paramount Theater. I was taken to a back table and had to ask for a different table by the window when the restaurant was empty. My chicken dish was not as represented, so again I was disappointed. However, wonderful view of the commuters taking their bus home, vibrant sidewall scene, and the waiter was outstanding. Wanted to try it. Now that I have, I will try other places. The scene and feel of the Bar, seemed interesting and exciting compared to the back corner of the restaurant.
- Bad night, or bad waiter?PoqueDined on 8/2/2014Having visited Urbane many, many times in the past, I had the usual high expectations for this place. Saturday night fell short, very short. Our waiter took 20 minutes to ask about drinks - so long in fact that the host finally took our order for drinks and food at the same time. Then, he never checked back on us. We were nearly late to make our play at the Parmount and had to ask 4 different individuals for our check. We were unable to enjoy dessert because of this. At the end our waiter returned and we explained to him how upset we were, he just shrugged his shoulders and walked away. Absolutely certain I won't be going back or recommending this place to anyone else.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/30/2014After an earlier, good experience at Urbane for lunch, we decided to try dinner. While the hostess was pleasant, the service thereafter was mediocre at best. Our server appeared to have too many tables, and service was slow all night long. The hostess did cover a follow up drink request. Our server blamed the service on an overwhelmed kitchen. The food (cod, lasagne) was actually good. Unfortunately, the overall experience was marred by the lousy service.
- See and be seenKirklanderVIPDined on 7/24/2014This is a great place for pre-theater dining--lively and lovely, good service and good food. Go there!Special Features:
- Perfect before theater menuHappyholidaydinerDined on 7/24/2014There were three of us. We shared appetizers and wine. Every one of them was outstanding-really!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner before the showOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/23/2014We had a dinner reservation before a show at the Paramount and showed up very late due to traffic. But they got our food out to us very quickly and it was all outstanding. The food was much better than the last time I came here on Valentine's Day, when it was pretty lame actually. Our waitress was brand new, but she did a great job getting our order quickly and getting it out to us.
- yum!sisterbitmynoseDined on 7/22/2014The food was amazing, the drinks were incredible, and the service was exceptionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great waitress,terrible hostessMaddyVIPDined on 7/18/2014The hostess was terrible, she was in a fog.You speak to here and she just looks at you with empty eyes.Although she did verbally respond,based on her lack of action, didnt understand what you were saying.This is not the initial impression you want a first time visitor to Urbane to remember. My friends were upset and thought about asking for the manager, but we were celebrating my birthday and didn't want to make a fuss.The fish dish was delicious,however, the chef forgot the green beans in our fish dish.We mentioned this to the waitress at end of our meal, she then came out with a dish of green beans. Stated " the chef wanted us to have a taste of green beans",I found this rather odd. The upside, the servicer was excellent and attentive.Special Features:
- Superb!!FinedinerVIPDined on 7/10/2014I went there twice on my trip. The mussels with Pancetta were outstanding, and I had the King Salmon prepared with pesto and wild mushrooms. The salmon was moist and tender and the mushroom and potato hash added to the flavor of the salmon. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.
- nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/10/2014We went here as a recommendation but found it to be just okay. The food wasn't anything special. Even thought it was super slow, it took 15 minutes each time for our drinks to arrive.
- A quick biteOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/10/2014Had fabulous sides before going to the ACT. Prompt service, very friendly. Close enough for a relaxing bite before a play.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Liked It!!IzzyPDined on 6/7/2014This restaurant had good food, great surprises of collections in all the tables and on the walls. It was really a fun place with very good food. "The" burger was very good and everything that passed by looked really good too. Must have reservations, it was very busy.Special Features:
- ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/6/2014The service was good and the food was tasty. The portions were moderate and well presented.
- Tasty but noisyemp1Dined on 6/6/2014Room was noisy. Hostess was not too receptive when we asked for a quieter table. Food was tasty, not exceptional.Special Features:
- DeeBeeDined on 6/5/2014Too noisy to hold conversation across the table without raising ones voice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but misleading infoDinerDined on 6/4/2014We were looking forward to having an early dinner at Urbane and taking advantage of their happy hour choices. When we arrived they told us that a new policy meant that they were only serving their happy hour menu in the bar and there weren't any tables for 4 available in the bar. They really need to update their website with that information. The food was good but very pricey.
- Disappointed Downtown...AgaincomidabuenaDined on 6/4/2014We were told we could be served from the bar if we sat outside. We were plagued by street people the entire meal with zero interference from the wait staff. Our cocktails were served after our food arrived. Had I known, I'd have ordered wine. The mussels were dry and shriveled; poutine was cold. Service was slow and our waitress seemed on the verge of panic. The atmosphere inside the restaurant was like that of a train station: loud and not cozy.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/4/2014Mussels were best ever. Unfortunately the vegetable pot pie was pretty awful.
- Urbane Utterly SatisfiedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/3/2014Being on a walker, the waiter asked if I would like to use the lift. I said Yes. That was immediate good attention. The waiter we had, reddish hair, very Irish-looking, was delightful. He was attentive at all the right moments. This party of each ordered different items off the menu. There wasn't a single word of complaint. Every one thought the food was wonderful. The parking was perfect, $8 for 5 hours. Will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Theater MealSeattleMikeVIPDined on 5/31/2014Urbane is a very good pre-dinner restaurant. Located in the Olive 8 building, the restaurant has a very nice ambience. The food selection is a nice spread of northwest contemporary fare. We started with an excellent salmon crudo dish, which highlighted the fresh fish. The caesar salad was average with the dressing being a bit light for my tastes. We also had the braised beef sliders which was also very good. I would have liked more of the slaw to balance the flavor, but overall this was quite a tasty dish. Lastly we had the duck which was served with grilled apparatus and topped with shaved parmesan and chives. This dish worked well, the grilled asparagus and toppings complemented the slightly overcooked but still tasty duck.
- Great experienceKRinKirklandDined on 5/28/2014Had dinner before a Paramount show. Great service, really good food. Would go back!Special Features:
- Suprisingly QuietOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/22/2014I was ready for an energetic vibe, but this place wasn't it. Which was fine for me. The food was the star; well prepared. Service was helpful but not at all in the way. Great experience.Special Features:
- Great appetizerstlaiDined on 5/21/2014Great appetizers... so good we ordered 2 of some. Unfortunately, the chefs here need to learn how to cook meat properly. We ordered a med-rare ribeye came out on border of med to med well, and untrimmed fat. Duck breast was also overcooked to medium to med well levels. The burger (which replaced our steak) was good. Mussels, and beet salad were amazing.
- The following 252 reviews are from the Urbane reviews archive.
- Chic place downtown.phantom5251Dined on 5/15/2014My wife and I came to Seattle on our honeymoon and we were looking for a place close to our hotel at the Grand Hyatt that was semi-affordable. Urbane seems to be a happening little place at the Hyatt at Olive 8. All the food is sourced locally, and they use amazing Natura water. Highly recommend the burger as well as the poutine!Special Features:
- Outstanding ExperienceSimplekindofguyDined on 5/15/2014I planned ahead, and made reservations for lunch for a special birthday surprise for my daughter. I had been to Urbana before, and they did not disappoint me. The food was outstanding! The service was impeccable. At one point they even went so far as to recharge my dying phone battery while we sat and explored the menu on the beautiful Seattle day. One friend told me that Urbana takes simple menu items, and makes them extraordinary. This is a powerful truism. For example, the grilled cheese sandwich my daughter enjoyed so much was absolutely delicious. Now I can see why she was so unwilling to let me sample the sandwich. The grass fed Yellowstone angus beef hamburger was outstanding and I look forward to the next very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful again!catpuppetDined on 5/14/2014We decided, at the last minute, to have dinner at Urbane on a Wednesday night. I made reservations for the earliest time that it could be booked online, but, when we arrived (~45 mins early) they were able to seat us right away. Luckily, we had the same awesome waitress as our last visit & the whole experience was lovely. I made dinner out of 3 small hors d'oeuvres & it was delicious! Will go again!Special Features:
- need to update menu!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014The menu you have on your site via the restaurant is the wrong menu. They saig it changed over 6 months ago! It was disappointing because the menu was the deciding factor on going there. The waitress was nice and asked the chef if she could make my son fish & chips. The chef was able to accommodate the request and made the the day since my son didn't see anything on the menu he wanted as it was very limiited.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seasonal MenulaurieinseaDined on 5/9/2014Urbane has a great seasonal menu with locally sourced products. In general the place is busy. Reservations are a good idea as it can be tough to do a walk-in even in the bar.Special Features:
- Very disappointingStormDined on 5/9/2014I was limited in my selection due to dietary rules. I ordered my favorite, Halibut, even though it was the most expensive thing on the menu. I was very displeased: fish was over cooked and much tooooooooooo salty.
- DisappointmentHomechefDined on 4/26/2014We selected Urbane due to its' proximity to the theatre. All in all, the food did not match the expectation or the cost. Nothing over the top special. The steak was awful. The halibut was tasty but not overly special. We are foodies. This will not be a return engagement. Staff were friendly.Special Features:
- Urbane ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/19/2014Been several times for lunch, this was our first dinner experience at Urbane. Seating was prompt (we had a reservation), the server was clearly experienced and handled our questions well (wife has an allergy). We started with a beet salad and continued to halibut & pork loin entrees. Food was fabulous all-around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpiceThetasteDined on 4/19/2014I was staying at the hotel. For breakfast the potatoes I had were over seasoned, other than that the omelette was great with a Bloody Mary. For Lunch had a Burger, the only down part of this was that the Horseradish in their special sauce was overpowering. For dinner at the bar I had Poutine. Gotta say the Best Poutine I ever had. Next time i'll ask them to add bacon to my Poutine. Overall customer service was excellent on my part.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful foodlilgeneralDined on 4/18/2014We had a reservation for 5:30p and got there early. They took us with no problem. There was a show at the Paramount that started at 7p so this place filled up quickly. The bar was packed. Unfortunately it seemed the bar had more help than the restaurant. There seemed to be only one server in the restaurant. The food came out very quick--we hadn't even finished our first course! Then it took a while to be able to order a 2nd drink because the one server was busy with everyone else. It also took too long to get our check. Overall--I did enjoy my meal and that's the most important part.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jdeeVIPDined on 4/18/2014The execution is what sets this place above the normal. They pay attention to the details: thick slices of better than average toast, unusually well-spiced home fries, an omelette with very good, fresh ingredients in nice proportion to each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.