2121 P St NW
Washington, DC 20037Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.urbanadc.com/
- Phone: 2029566650x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00AM - 10:30AM; Breakfast: Saturday - Sunday: 8:00AM - 11:00AM; Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 3:00pm; Weekend Brunch: Saturday - Sunday 7:00AM - 3:00PM; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM; Dinner: Friday and Saturday 5:00PM - 11:00PM; Happy Hour: 4:00PM - 7:00PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Ethan McKee
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Urbana Restaurant and Wine Bar has a range of private dining spaces which can seat 12 guests privately and up to 40 guests semi-privately. Our 12-seat Private Dining Room features wall-to-wall velvet curtains and two frosted glass walls. Two sliding glass doors open for a view into the restaurant's Main Dining Room or close for complete privacy. Our restaurant itself is available for private buy-outs for up to 200 guests. For additional information please call 202.956.6650.
- Special Events: Come join us for Happy Hour Monday - Friday from 4pm - 7pm. We offer $4 Yuengling and Peroni. $5 House red, white and sparkling wines. $6 Ketel One mixed drinks. $7 Mark & Stormy. $1 oysters and $8 pizzas.
A word from Urbana Restaurant
Urbana is a refined casual neighborhood restaurant with an innovative design, high energy bar, and bustling social atmosphere. Our cuisine is coastal Mediterranean with influences of Italy and Provence using local ingredients and 100% sustainable seafood. Our service is professional, yet relaxed and we strive to make each guest a guest for life by welcoming them into our inviting environment and providing them with a great meal at a reasonable price.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
Urbana Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Dupont Circle ›
Urbana Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since May 17, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (25)good for groups (16)notable wine list (14)special occasion (12)romantic (12)great for brunch (12)neighborhood gem (9)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (5)great for lunch (4)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Even better, if that is possibleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014I used to go to Urbana before their remodel for happy hour, brunch and basically anytime I got the chance. I met a friend there for "a quick drink" and didn't leave until they closed. I was surprised to see that they had remodeled but the place was even better - the bartenders are awesome and the drinks are fantastic. When I had friends in town, I decided to take them here for dinner and it did not disappoint. After I got over the initial shock that everything on the menu had changed, we ordered a mix of courses and shared amongst our group. Our server was a mix of humor and efficiency and the manager came to see us as they ran out of a couple of our orders. He offered us other things on the menu gratis! Flavors Galore, excellent service.Special Features:
- Its a hotel restaurant...MontyBDined on 9/6/2014...so expectations were low. Urbanna is attached to the Hotel Palomar. Noise level was fine and conversation was easy. We had the red snapper crudo and the king salmon crudo, and both were well prepared. For mains we enjoyed the pork chop, which was, well, a pork chop and the pork cheek muzzaluna, which was very tasty. Wine list was ok, with a limited number of selections also available by the glass and resonably priced. The service left something to be desired. We felt basically ignored by the waiter who spent a lot of time chatting with an attractive young couple seated near us. A water refill would be nice, you know? OK if you need a quick meal at the hotel but nothing I would return for.
- New and improvedDCFineDinerDined on 9/5/2014Ate here for my boyfriend's birthday dinner not two nights after it reopened after being under renovations for several months. Wonderful experience - the Squid Ink Bucatini was incredible. The dessert paired with a 10-year aged port wine. Waitress was super sweet. Will be back again soon.Special Features:
- Waiting for mediocre foodRrrrDined on 9/4/2014After waiting at the crowded bar for more than 20 minutes after our reservation time, we were subjected to overly salty and overly rich food. Why there was a wait is not clear. There were numerous tables available in the dining room. The pasta was overcooked and way too rich and the fish was also overcooked and way too salty. I was very much looking forward to dining at Urbana, based on its reputation. It seems like the makeover of the restaurant has not been kind to the food.
- My worst dining experience everNobanaDined on 7/20/2014The service was the worst. The staff smiled at us but we never felt welcome there. The snarky waiter who ignored us the whole night to the just ok food. I still regret giving an ok tip. The waiter didn't even come over to refill out glasses of water. Well go to Urbana at your own risk.
- Great foodpxrocksDined on 7/20/2014Food was very tasty, nicely varied. Octopus was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday brunchdiningarounddcDined on 7/19/2014This place was not the hopping, open-air brunch place that pulls you in from the street. BUT it was a well designed, sleek restaurant tucked under the side walk with delicious food and $16 bottomless belinis (in four tasty flavors.)Special Features:
- Great Food, Stellar Servicenicolesixx66Dined on 7/18/2014Everything we ordered turned out perfect. The appetizers to the salad, to the entrée and then the dessert. The waiter also recommended a fabulous wine. We had been in DC on work travel for about a week and had dined at some well rated fine dining places. This place was great as the quality of food was same as all the super expensive places, but the prices were broad in range, accommodating pretty wide range of budgets. The homemade noodles were especially awesome! The Octopus was a total hit, as well! Service also stood out to us. Our waiter and all the wait staff were so accommodating and friendly and really knew the food and the wine well. It really made the place stand out as our best dining experience we had in the DC area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First ClassCowboy26Dined on 7/12/2014From the moment I reserved a table I felt like Urbana really cares about their customers. A friendly reminder phone call was very nice. The overall experience was excellent. Food, service, and ambiance exceeded expectations. Would recommend to someone looking for a special night outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. But don't go late.ThomasWayneDined on 7/10/2014The food at Urbana is wonderful; our table of four shared a variety of starter and entree plates, including: beet&carrot salad, kale&frisse salad, spring pea soup, charred brussel sprouts, gnocchi, mussels, spinach pappardelle, and kale pizza, and we enjoyed all of them. Unfortunately, our reservation was at 9pm, and we felt rushed through our dinners since our server cleared individual plates as soon as each of us was done without waiting for the whole table to be done, our server didn't offer dessert, and we were surrounded by Urbana workers doing their end-of-night cleaning and and table resetting as we were trying to enjoy our dinners. In addition, we waited at an empty host stand for a bit when we arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerZmanDined on 7/5/2014Had a delicious dinner with my wife for our wedding anniversary here last weekend. Tapas style with the option for some regular size meals. The service was fantastic and the food was incredible. Portions sizes are small as the food is high quality so expect to order multiple plates but you should not be dissapointed. Kid friendly as well with some pizza on the menu. Overall we had a great meal and enjoyed our time thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak Special Worth the TripGeorgeDined on 6/27/2014Went last night for dinner with the lady. Specialty cocktails were truly delicious, great Italian wines on the list and the food was solid. Beet salad, tagliatelle pasta and cauliflower were very good. The steak special, however, was excellent. It was a Ny strip with these perfectly cooked French beans. It made the night. Thanks for a great meal.Special Features:
- Not as impressed as they arebooklovertxDined on 6/21/2014I found it more pretentious than it deserved to be. Three-piece charcuterie, for example, was $15 - and the tasso was so fatty that we couldn't eat it. We were told that dishes are designed so that each person eats 3-4, which meant that the gnocchi was $2/noodle. It wasn't that good! Pastas were good, though overpriced and not consistent in size (mine was a fine size for an entree). Desert donuts no better than if I had gone to Dunkin. Disappointing anniversary dinner - won't return.Special Features:
- EmilyVIPDined on 6/21/2014Amazing as always! Definitely my favorite place to brunch in DC. The food is fantastic, the service is great and the bottomless Bellinis are the #1 reason I keep coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Service, Average FoodDupontDinersDined on 6/20/2014We went in for happy hour and for dinner service. We never made it to dinner despite being there for over an hour. We got in around 5:30 and took a seat at one of the booths just outside the bar. We got our own menus and it was 15 minutes before a server stopped by. We ordered a bottle of white wine, calamari, and mussels. After dropping off our wine, the server said she would get us a chiller for it, and did 10 minutes later. The calamari came quickly, but was average. The mussels came about 20 minutes later, without anyone checking in on us. Again, the mussels weren't bad, but we have had better. We asked a manager more bread that never came and had to ask twice for our check. We saw three managers and countless staff standing around.
- Great Happy Hour foodLeahrheeDined on 6/19/2014Really enjoyed the happy hour specials on food. The calamari was a massive portion (and delicious) for only $5. The pizzas were phenomenal as well. The cocktails were good but I wouldn't pay more than the $7 happy hour price for them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant in Dupont Circle areaDolceVitaDined on 6/15/2014Loved the idea of small plates for sharing, similar to a tapas bar. The restaurant also had a good selection of cocktails and wine list. The location the restaurant was ideal, near Dupont Circle. However it is located at a lower level and did not look too inviting from outside. Once you go in, the ambiance changes completelySpecial Features:
- Good and unusual tapaselaineDined on 6/13/2014Delightful restaurant with tapas menu. We are vegetarians and a very nice selection of tasty treats. Lovely, a bit dark, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapa style Unique FindsAsaMcDined on 6/10/2014This restaurant offers tapa style (small portions) of some unique meals ranging from pizza to hanger steak and seafood. The beet salad was a standout. Location is just couple blocks off Dupont circle and bar was packed appears to be a popular after work stop. It is quite vibrant so not for those desiring a quiet setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/9/2014Very very good value. Food was very good but the service was just okay. Not bad, but just fair. Would come back.Special Features:
- Special nightKitikatinhiDined on 6/5/2014We came on a special night for us, and Urbana rolled out the red carpet! The food was delicious, service was top-notch, best table in the place...the evening staff even hand wrote a card for us. If you want something special, THIS is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceArgonautVIPDined on 5/25/2014Service was great. Ian, our server, explained the choices, provided recommendations, paced the delivery of the small plates. Was available when needed, but unobtrusive. A great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014Brunch was really great with my family. The build your own bellini for an affordable price was great.Special Features:
- Good but ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014Although the food was very good at Urbana, don't go unless you are prepared to buy three or more dishes. A single dish is akin to a 'side' order at a normal restaurant, so if you hope to get a full meal at Urbana, be ready to spend some money! Their alcohol list is extensive, but also fairly pricey. Review the menu online before you decide to go or not.Special Features:
- Enjoyable wedding planning mealSandySpringMichaelDined on 5/18/2014Delightful service and selection for our first visit for an early evening meal with another couple to discuss preparations for wedding. Each of the four of us took turns choosing first, then second course from a diverse and tasty menu.Special Features:
- Incredible food, great serviceboscabelloDined on 5/17/2014I went to Urbana for dinner with my girlfriend, and this was perhaps the most enjoyable dining experience we have had in 2 and a half years! The food was among the best we have tasted, the service was great, the atmosphere was intimate but lively. The gnocchi was particularly good, as were the desserts - apple tart tatin and the chocolate bomba. Overall, this place comes highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 994 reviews are from the Urbana Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great food and cocktails!JimmyDined on 5/16/2014Ranked in the top two for all the restaurants during our week long stay in DC!Special Features:
- Great spot for a business lunchCreedDined on 5/15/2014Recently, while staying at the adjacent hotel, I scheduled a business lunch at the Urbana. The restaurant provided an excellent atmosphere and food options. The food was very good and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/13/2014The environment is great, waiter was friendly and attentive, but the food was not very good. I had the chicken dish, but was more like two chicken wings attached to what was supposed to be another piece of chicken over smashed, unseasoned potatoes. I'll probably give it another shot, but was mediocre for what seemingly was a slow night.Special Features:
- Under. Whelmed.PintxoHunterDined on 5/10/2014Cassoulet was tasteless. Octopus was dry and mostly charred. Service was amateurish and lastly, tables for two are too large so I had to speak very loudly to be heard. Place was nice looking though so I have to say it was poor execution on food and service.Special Features:
- Enjoyable VisitWestenderVIPDined on 5/4/2014My wife and I eat out a lot but this is our first time at Urbana. It's a tapas restaurant and there are plenty of imaginative dishes to choose from. We enjoyed all of them but none stood out as a show-stopper. We didn't think the price-to-value ratio made it likely that we'll hurry back although we'd not rule it out when we're in the area. The décor, ambience, and service made it a nice visit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014The food was great, and what excellent servers and staff! Nice variety - could be a few more choices for brunch time for my 16 yr old's liking. If I wasn't driving I would've loved to have tried the champagne and fruit juice option. Next time! An added note that I found prices reasonable for the size and quality of food selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Far Exceeded My ExpectationsOnekemiDined on 4/29/2014A colleague and I were looking for a local restaurant that served a good food and had a good cocktail/wine list and we found that in Urbana. Because of its "small plate" concept, we ordered several dishes and shared them. From the flatbread and charcuterie, to our individual "plates" of venison and beef short ribs and lastly the pear cake, we were both delighted with our food and the service we received. My only complaint would be the noise level. It was very hard to have a conversation with my colleague in the dining room because of the conversations coming from the bar (which was a good distance away from us). The price was also extremely reasonable and a great value for the amounts of food (and drinks) we consumed! I will come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second to noneDefConBrunchDined on 4/20/2014The bottomless bellinis were made with a fantastically tangy Spanish cava and a choice of peach, orange, or strawberry puree. The eggs benedict had a wonderful Hollandaise sauce with some of the best potatoes I've ever had at a restaurant. The locale is a little loud, but that's because it's popular and a bit echo-y.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Service!RogConDined on 4/19/2014Pleasant surprise after having really poor service at other well known D.C. "hotel" restaurants. Tapa size plates and a great selection of food! Our waiter was excellent in directing us as to portion size and recommendations. Being tapa's the wait staff has to stay on top of the timing of bringing the food out and checking on things and they have it down pat! Highly recommend this restaurant even if your staying in another hotel! We will be back when in D.C.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, bad service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2014Went for brunch. The food was pretty good, but the service was absolutely terrible. We had a reservation, but had to wait 15-20 minutes after we were seated before anyone even came over to fill our water glasses. I'm usually pretty lenient on servers, but there are really only two explanations for the poor service at Urbana: 1) they're understaffed, or 2) the servers are just inattentive, slow, and just plain bad at their job.Special Features:
- Never disappointsfitfoodieDined on 4/18/2014Dinner here was fantastic. Our server wasn't very knowledgeable about the wine list, but when we had more detailed questions, he sent over the manager who was able to help us and provided great service. Very well done/ nice save!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UrbanaOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 4/17/2014The environment wasn't noisy even though the bar was full, the restaurant part is a bit removed. The food was very good, lots of small plates, with creative touches. The roasted brussel sprouts with pancetta were delicious, also a really good polenta & mushroom small plate with just the right amount of kick. My husband had a risotto with grilled baby octopus both rich band delicious. Dessert tart tatin was pretty good but the pannacota was even better! Service was good, wine list seemed nice though we had wine by the glass. A good experience !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great time in DCbenjiDined on 4/13/2014I was visitng over for cherry blossom and really enjoy the bottomless brunch with my friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best brunch in DC!!EmilyVIPDined on 4/13/2014Ok, in all fairness, I haven't tried every brunch in DC. After going to Urbana, why would you want to? The build you're own (bottomless) Bellinis with fresh fruit purées were outstanding and completely reasonable prices at $16/person. My personal favorites were mango and raspberry, though my friend couldn't get enough of the peach! The food was outstanding! And the service was impeccable!! Put server, Jari, was fabulous. She was friendly, professional and incredibly responsive... especially with refreshing our bottle of champagne the second it was empty and always making sure we had enough of each juice. I would highly recommend Urbana for brunch to anyone and everyone!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.