4120 Old Milton Parkway
Alpharetta, GA 30004Neighborhood:
Contemporary IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.azulagaverestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6785660169x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday-Thursday, Sunday: 11:30am to 10:00pm
Friday-Saturday: 11:30am to 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Indian, Latin / Spanish
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Urban Spice offers the perfect setting for your parties, groups and special occasions. We have captured the essence of a contemporary Indian menu and proudly deliver a premier but casual dining experience in both cuisine and ambiance.
Whatever the occasion, we will gladly assist you in reserving space and planning your event. Feel free to contact us (678-566-0169)
br />Plan your next office meeting, or product presentation, in our private dining room.
Let us help you plan your next event to impress!
- Private Party Contact: Restaurant 678-566-0169x
- Special Events: Whether you have a corporate party, are celebrating a birthday, anniversary, graduation, or wedding, consider Urban Spice when planning your next party, group dinner or meeting. Our private room is beautifully appointed and features spectacular windows around the perimeter, providing natural light during the day and enhancing the atmosphere at night. Flat-screen televisions and Wi-Fi allow you to manage business needs or enhance a party with presentations or videos. Separate lighting, music, and temperature controls ensure all your needs are met. If you prefer, our lounge with five flat screen televisions may be reserved for your group function. For large parties, you may also reserve the entire restaurant, or a portion of the main dining room for semi-private space. The views of our exhibition kitchen can create quite an impression! Our spacious patios can also be transformed into stunning event space if you prefer. Let us customize something special for you!
A word from Urban Spice
From the land of spices to your table, Urban Spice promises you a culinary experience that will change your relationship with food. Urban Spice offers Contemporary Indian cuisine with Latin & South Asian influences.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Urban Spice - Best Restaurants in Alpharetta ›
Urban Spice reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (12)neighborhood gem (9)romantic (8)fit for foodies (7)special occasion (7)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Very ImpressedOut2DineVIPDined on 10/24/2014Last minute find, and was very impressed on all levels. You will not be dissapointed with the food or selection. Ask for Mark.Special Features:
- Hidden GemSiddDined on 10/24/2014First thing to note is that this place was pretty much dead. Granted, we were there before the dinner rush, but it was really dead. So the service was good. The food - I think - is trying to be a little fusion-ish...there is guacamole on the menu and the menu is almost completely Indian dishes. So, the good news is that they are slightly more progressive than a more traditional Indian place. This is good because it was easy to see what had gluten and what did not on the menu, the waiter was also easy to communicate with and was knowledgeable. And the flavors were very good...maybe not as good as your favorite hole in the wall Indian place, but I found the overall experience to be better. Better drink menu, better ambiance, better service.Special Features:
- Not coming back againNotahappycustomerDined on 10/18/2014The food, service.. everything was horrible. We had to wait for about 20 mins for our drinks to be brought to us. And it tasted nasty, food was not up to the mark. Thinking its such a high scale indian restaurant (try to be) i thought the food quality would be much better. Not impressed at all.Special Features:
- Nice SurpriseGreatniteDined on 10/17/2014This hidden gem had great food & live music making for a wonderful Friday night and start of the weekend. The burning fireplace with live music was very romantic & classy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/6/2014this is some of the best Indian food I have ever tastedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, wonderful eveningjimmyloboDined on 10/2/2014The food was fantastic. The decor is beautiful. The staff were friendly and attentive without being intrusive. We were there for the entire evening and were never rushed to turn the table.Special Features:
- Great food!DiningDivaVIPDined on 9/5/2014Thanks so much for the great food and service. Do yourself a favor and ask for Mark. Thanks Urban SPice!Special Features:
- RebrandedBNuts71Dined on 8/16/2014Last time we were there it was Mexican and now it is Indian. The atmosphere was much nicer than most of the Indian restaurants I have gone to and while the menu was more limited, what we had was quite good. Looking forward to trying more on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice placeCJS60VIPDined on 8/16/2014Food was average, service was inattentive at best. Decor and ambiance is fantastic.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for lunch on a SaturdayCestbonDined on 8/16/2014Our family was up in the area during lunch time and we checked Opentable and found Urban Spice. We were greeted and were sat immediately at our table. There was no one in the restaurant. As soon as were saw the menu we knew why...only 2 items on the menu...a vegetarian dish and a goat dish. We apologized and got up and left. Hopefully their dinner menu is better.
- Great Northern Indian foodVickiVIPDined on 8/5/2014My family went to Urban Spice to celebrate our anniversary. We first had a cocktail at the bar and the bartender was wonderful. He walked us through the menu and made an amazing margarita. He then prepared a table for us and suggested dinner options. I highly recommend the smoked eggplant with peas and the seabass. The rest of our group had the chicken tikka masala and loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service could be better!!MayNotComeAgainDined on 8/2/2014We were 20+ size group including several small kids and few of us were vegetarian. We spent around $600 here. We selected them because of good reviews on OpenTable.com. We thought ambience, live music and Decor were nice, food quality was good and food presentation was top notch. Portion size were "tiny". I tried order Dum Aloo(Do not recommend), Daal Makhni (Do not recommend) and Paneer Tikka (Definitely recommend) and Naan ("Good"). Also, they do not have sling for infant seat, and they wouldn't allow infant car seat to be put on chair. We had to put our 2 months old child's car seat on the floor. The manager should Provide "Sling" for infants in car seat.Special Features:
- Good place for dinner and LunchPramodDined on 7/20/2014Lunch Thali options are good. Dinner options are good too except, we ordered two menu items and were toild that that are not available today. I took 10 guests and it was little awakward situation. Also the attendant was like on hour head for ordering, was bothering us every 2 minutes while we were waiting for some more guestes. Over all food is great, Orange Kulfi is MUT eat item.
- Good food, nice atmosphereFoodieBNVIPDined on 7/19/2014The foods was good, service was a but spotty. Naan came 7 minutes after the entree so we had already finished the entree and did nt have the bread to go with it. The tables are a bit too high so the seating is uncomfortable. Loved the food and the ambience.Special Features:
- patio better than mostExperiencedEaterVIPDined on 7/5/2014Great patio. food is different and good. Live music is good. Can be loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hippo123Dined on 7/4/2014We have a special diet, so we called ahead and asked if they could prepare the food. The chef prepared a fantastic meal for us and we enjoyed it thoroughly. This is the best restaurant in AtlantaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 37 reviews are from the Urban Spice reviews archive.
- Great Indian FoodnolongerafanVIPDined on 6/27/2014We moved here 9 years from MD and this is the first Indian restaurant that we have found that the food is delicious. All our favorite dishes. The service was great and the ambience very nice. We will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great thali lunchDiningDivaVIPDined on 6/27/2014We wanted to thank you for a great lunch experience . The thali is incredible and the waitress was very good. Thanks and we will see you again soon!Special Features:
- Good food and experiencekeaton66VIPDined on 6/21/2014We were a bit hesitant about this new restaurant (used to be an upscale Mexican) and we were pleasantly surprised. Food was very good, the restaurant has a great bar and patio and the service was very good. I would recommend it to anyone who likes Indian with a flair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parents night outTracy74VIPDined on 6/21/2014Dined in bar Saturday night to enjoy live music. Had tapas - vegetarian empanadas were OK, chicken tikka masala was excellent, tandoori wings ok and a chicken roll (forgot the name) was superb! Drinks creative. Will return - next time will try a selection from the full menu. Service was great.Special Features:
- TrudyDined on 6/20/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening....the food was excellent, imaginative and sophisticated. Great decor and ambiance. Excellent and gracious service. I highly recommend Urban Spice.Special Features:
- Good food, good vibeFoodnewbieDined on 6/7/2014This place was very nice. Casual dining with great food. The vibe is great and the wait staff was very nice and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good & Balanced FlavorsSnowyVIPDined on 5/17/2014The food was very good - well balanced not overly spicy for Indian food. The service - not so good. Table not served, waitress had to be asked for water several times, forgot an order because she didn't write it down - did not attend to closing check - just not attentive. This was annoying because the prices are high at the restaurant for what is given. Brought one little bowl of rice for 4 people. If they are going to charge Buckhead prices then should have Buckhead service.
- A Do-overSAC2Dined on 5/16/2014Really enjoyed our experience. We were so happy that we had leftovers to take home! This was our second time going and are sure there will be more to follow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, terrible service.AlcoDined on 5/11/2014The title says it all. We waited 40 min for our apitizers, and it was so long I decided that I was going to start my phones stopwatch to see how long it took to get the main course. 55 min. Plus couple that with a terrible and incompetent waiter and you get a terrible dining experience that only redeems itself by its good tasting food.Special Features:
- Great food but service is slowDDC52Dined on 5/11/2014We were there for dinner on Mother's Day. The food was excellent but it took almost 2 hours for our main meal to arrive. This not acceptable.Special Features:
- Mother's Day FiascoOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2014We have been to this restaurant 6 times prior to Sunday. Food has always been excellent!! Sunday the food was terrible!! Over cooked or raw!! Services was atrocious!! We waited over an hour to actually order our main courses!! We never did get one of our appetizers!!
- not good food taste or serviceNiravShahDined on 5/9/2014Had ordered Murgh Tikka-not good. No spice I think Madras chettinad has better. even Dum Biryani was below average, was like eating pulao at home. Service was by seemed to be new waiter. Lot of misses in the order and couldnt bring salt peper to the table.Special Features:
- good Ambiance, ok food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014Food portion was too small. We go to saffron in greenville. Food taste wise saffron is still the best, this place had Excellent Interior, good atmosphere, food was ok. We enjoyedit never the less.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business lunch visitguppieeyesDined on 5/2/2014This was a great find. The lunch menu was limited to a vegetarian or non-vegetarian option with the non-veggie fair containing chicken and pork. They had plenty of sauces to choose from including a medium spicey green sauce. The entire meal was absolutely delicious and our server was on point. The ambiance was quiet enough for a very productive lunch meeting with my customers. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinning Experiancesam24x7Dined on 4/30/2014I have been here several times and must say the menu as well as the taste of the food is amazing for me and my guest that were not always Indian. I recommend this for all occassions.Special Features:
- We'll be back here for sure!AnneVIPDined on 4/13/2014I usually don't send in a review after an open table experience. My husband and I love the spices in Indian & Persian Food. This was a real find. We went early on a Sunday evening and are making plans to go back as soon as possible. The food was simply delicious. The menu has a lot to offer and it was hard to decide- everything looked so good. They also had a very good cocktail menu. If you don't try this place and you love this type of food called "Northern Indian", you will miss out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was poor.GaneshDined on 4/12/2014We got to wait for 15 min for reserve the items wanted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place. Very Loud music.Saignant44VIPDined on 3/22/2014Food was good. We were famished & were satisfied beyond expectations. Not sure what to expect when walking in. Prices much higher than the typical Indian restaurants. Live Music at the bar was the extreme LOW point of our experience. Way too loud (esp the female singer) - we prayed for a break but it happened too late; add to this volume the sound of cheering and clapping bartenders.... it was too much to bear. We were in the adjacent dining area so it was unavoidable. Totally clashing. Lights were too bright. Lamb patties tasted more like bean patties. Lamb shank, chicken tika, sesame okra were fantastic. Server Mark was great, Alexi was very accommodating. Keep up the good work, but tweak out the noisy & low stuff.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty!Foodie10Dined on 3/22/2014The sea bass & lamb shank were so good! They were out of the dessert we wanted so we were given free after dinner drinks. It has a great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014Finally a restaurant that does justice to Indian food, both traditional and fusion. Loved it immensely! A little overpriced, but great for special occasions.Special Features:
- Great Indian in AlpharettaLnelDined on 2/28/2014High end feel with excellent food but priced right. Appetizers, bread options and every chicken dish was phenominal. Tikka ans Masala cooked perfectly and very fresh ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not recommend for lunchSmacDined on 2/26/2014You basically have four choices for lunch and other than identifying as vegetarian and non-vegatarian, the menu descriptions were meaningless. Very expensive, food is marginal at best, minimal choices, and nothing about it felt like an Indian restaurant experience. I do not expect this restaurant to be open for long.
- Great flavors and excellent servicejmercadoVIPDined on 2/21/2014The flavors of the Indian cuisine are mixed with latin flavors making very interesting combinations. service, at least Daniel who was our waiter was very well trained and made our dinner a pleasant experience. You might want to check very well what you order if you do not like spicy food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible Terrible TerribleSammyDined on 2/21/2014To start with they think they are in Manhattan. The prices are sky rocketing, quantity is very very less and quality is like any other average place. We ended up leaving the place right after our starters and completed our main course at another indian resturant across the street. If you really want to be satisfied with your meal than be prepared to spend 80-90 $ person. ... The quantity is so less that one person has to order at least 2 main dishes. I am never going back to this place ever again....Special Features: