1096 South Van Ness Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94110Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://urbanputt.com/
- Phone: (415) 341-1080
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday & Monday 5:30-9:30
Dinner: Tuesday-Thursday 5:30-10:00
Dinner: Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Dane Boryta
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have two different rooms to choose from, both with large family style tables, a casual feel, and room for up to 25 people. Need something bigger, than the whole place can be yours to entertain your friends!
- Private Party Contact: Jessie x
- Entertainment: This isn't your grandfather's minigolf. This is miniature golf reimagined: a cutting-edge jewel box of a course, located in the heart of San Francisco, which combines high artistry with motorized devices, mechanical gizmos, and the latest in high-tech to create an indoor, urban course that will consistently amaze and entertain.
With a Jules Verne meets Art Deco aesthetic (with a heaping helping of steampunk thrown in), we are creating a course full of interactive kinetic sculptures.
A word from Urban Putt
We have a dream: indoor minigolf in San Francisco. Throw in great food and drink, an awesome location, and a unswerving commitment to fun and you’ve got a formula for something unique and wonderful.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Urban Putt - Best Restaurants in Mission ›
Urban Putt reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (46)kid-friendly (23)neighborhood gem (20)hot spot (18)special occasion (18)vibrant bar scene (16)fit for foodies (15)late-night find (7)romantic (5)great for brunch (2)notable wine list (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Tons of fun and tasty grub!SFreviewerDined on 11/18/2014A group of coworkers and I went to Urban Putt and had an awesome time. They were very accommodating; when we showed up and decided we would prefer to play some golf before sitting down to eat, they told us we could go ahead and order a pizza now, that way it would be ready when we were finished with golf. They kept an eye on us while we played, that way they would know when to get started on our order and they timed it really well! We finished up and headed upstairs and our table was ready and our pizza came out of the oven less than 10 minutes after we sat down. The pizza was great, the drinks were plentiful, and the golf was a really fun way to spend the evening. The course is super imaginative; we had almost as much fun watching all of the crazy stuff that they came up with as we had actually playing golf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great pizza a la Ruby's & VicolomustafanicknameDined on 11/10/2014"The Links" (sausage, pepperoni, mushrooms, tomato sauce, mozzarella) was great. I think the slightly lighter crust is an improvement on Ruby's and Viccolo, much as I loved those. The other standout was the spicy black-eyed pea ragout, that was as good a bean dish as I've had anywhere. Sitting in the upstairs dining room you'd have no idea you were in an indoor mini-golf park. The beer selection is different and larger downstairs, so you might want to grab one before heading up. Cocktails / full bar as well. The mini-golf course is really fun, arty in a sort of Maker Faire, only-in-San Francisco way. Lots of variety in style and obstacles.Special Features:
- Great Putt nightJenniferDined on 11/9/2014What a great place to play mini golf. The city def needed this. I wish the green would go upstairs too but the restaurant is good too. The owner even came by to greet our large party, which I thought was nice. The kids had a great time, the drinks were good, the food was great, all around great event. Food+putting +drinks = a good nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Urban Puttfoodiefun1234Dined on 10/26/2014The food was excellent, the space was good for groups, and it was great to play mini-golf after. Overall a tasty and fun experience!Special Features:
- Kid Friendly-Fun You TooneedabetternicknameDined on 10/17/2014Come a bit early with your kids! Enjoy a family friendly meal and some great mini-golf and hang out just long enough to watch the change from kid friendly to hipster ready. Of course parking in the Mission can be tough so build in some time to walk over and enjoy the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Food + Mini Golf = Win2dads1sitterDined on 10/11/2014The food on its own probably wouldn't have been enough to send us back, but combined with the 14-holes of mini golf, we will return. Our favorite dish was the scallop appetizer, which were perfectly cooked and accompanied. The side of brussel sprouts and pork belly also stood out. Poutine and fried chicken thighs were more interesting in concept than execution. The beer menu may have been better than the cocktail list (the sour completely masked the bourbon in my drink, not in a good way). But the food was good enough, and it all added up to a fun night out.Special Features:
- Convenient if your going to "put"ROXIEDined on 10/10/2014Food lacking seasoning. Pizza crust missing something! It was dry and had no flavor. A friend of mines had the catfish and it was bland. I would definitely eat elsewhere before I "put".Special Features:
- Great hidden SpotJonwithBroDined on 9/22/2014Went for the first time this week and it was a really great experience. Took my brother and it we had the "The Up" burger, which was very good, and a pizza which my brother said it was the best he had tasted. After dinner we went downstairs and played mini-golf in the most unique way. There were interesting fields all different but blended in well. Overall I would go back and recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice StaffnicespotDined on 9/19/2014We were there at 5:30pm, in time to get in a round of 14 holes before dinner. Fun experience for the 4 of us. Great staff at dinner, very attentive, didn't allow us to over-order (as we might have given the size of the deep dish pizza). Food was delivered hot and we received the proper attention but no hovering staff. Overall great time, and fine food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique concept and good foodKatieDined on 9/18/2014The menu was well rounded and food came out in a timely manner. Very tasty---the poutin was my favorite. Golf was a blast afterwards and the wine, beer and craft cocktail selection was very impressive. My only complaint is how HOT it was throughout the restaurant and the golf course. They need some serious HVAC reinforcement-I was so uncomfortable the entire time in pants and a teeshirt. With that many bodies in this place, plus a fully operating kitchen, there's a need for better air flow. If I had known It was going to be so hot and stuffy I would have dressed in less clothing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mini-Golf + Art= SUPER-aweSOME!artgirl7Dined on 9/1/2014This place is soooo COOL! It was so fun! We LOVE this concept...art meets mini-golf! The staff was so fun and welcoming... The resturant is absolutely delicious! Our party had an amazing time and will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique and fantasticRobinWVIPDined on 8/31/2014Hosted my daughter's 16th birthday party here. They loved the minigolf, the food, and the service. There is no place like Urban Putt -- not in SF, not anywhere -- and the fact that the food is good is a real bonus. (Teens didn't order adventurously, but the mac n cheese, fries, salad, mashed potatoes all got rave reviews.)Special Features:
- FunsfdinerDined on 8/31/2014We enjoyed the miniature golf. As others have said they have done a fantastic job in a very limited space. Although we are parents and love and appreciate children we would NEVER let our children run amok as some parents seem to do here. I don't think Urban Putt is offering free babysitting as some parents seemed to think the night we were there. Unless you play golf after 8:00PM please be advised that you may encounter random kids cutting in front, or you walking across any hole at anytime, etc...We also ate upstairs and found the food good but the menu very limiting. Also it was surprising that it was hard to track down our waitress to get a second round of drinks.Special Features:
- AmazingUmmmmmmmmVIPDined on 8/27/2014I had my birthday dinner/party here the other night and had an absolute blast. The course is really creative and really fun, and the food here was REALLY tasty. Our waiter was awesome, really friendly and accommodating. The ONE downside is that you can't bring drinks onto the course, but I suppose that makes sense. I'll be back!Special Features:
- Surprisingly goodSFNtvgrlVIPDined on 8/23/2014Very good pizza- deep dish and a tasty cornmeal crust. Good cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Date Night!BunnisliprsDined on 8/15/2014The pizza is so amazing! The atmospher is fun you would never guess that from the outside, when you walk in it's like a little hipster paradise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a cool idea!RonJVIPDined on 8/10/2014The food was good, the drinks were great and mini-golf! Who can ask for more...Special Features:
- Staff was awesomeSFbornNraisedDined on 8/2/2014The staff was very accommodating in helping me plan my wife's birthday party. They were incredibly helpful in making our party a memorable one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lot of funJAC33Dined on 7/30/2014Urban Putt is a lot of fun. We had the deep dish pizza which was amazing and then hit the putt putt course. My favorite would have to be the duck hole. Overall, a great time. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Great but busyPRCOOutingsDined on 7/30/2014You would think mid week, at 4 PM wouldn't be too busy, but there was quite the crowd. Either way, we had fun. Maybe the drinks, the camera crew filming, or the company outing that had people dressed as if it was real driving range, but we had a great time. It's smaller than I expected, so I wouldn't go with a group more than 5-7.Special Features:
- The following 32 reviews are from the Urban Putt reviews archive.
- Above par for the coursealexf1225Dined on 7/26/2014I planned a large birthday get together at Urban Putt for my girlfriend. A small portion of the group dined upstairs together before playing. The restaurant and the food was a solid hit. I would consider it an above par dining experience and a great part of the entire Urban Putt experience. Our table of 8 ordered a variety of items on the menu (burgers, salmon wrapped tuna, scallops, veggie skewers. peach cobbler and coconut rice pudding) and everyone was pleased. I would come again and it's good to know there is a convenient and choice dining option upstairs. It kept the evening simpler to plan.Special Features:
- bernieVIPDined on 7/22/2014The fried olives we fantastic! The entrees we ok. Wish they had the full beer selection upstairsSpecial Features:
- Very fun night!KanieDined on 7/20/2014I highly recc. that if you go here you try the golf! It is the most fun and artistic course imagineable. The food is also very good. Love the pizza.Special Features:
- chicken and wafflestheNYerVIPDined on 7/18/2014only at the bar!! what is this insanity? it's crazy that you can't order this amazing food in the restaurant.
- Awesome!RatedPG13Dined on 7/18/2014Fun place to go in a group setting or date night! Food was delicious! I will definitely go back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun, relaxed and yummylolainsfDined on 7/13/2014Really a fun place, whether you're on a date, out with friends or looking for a place both kids and parents can enjoy. The mini golf holes are truly inspired, and the cocktails and food are yummy. The menu is a nice mix of the familiar (burger, grilled cheese, ribs, pizza) and the unexpected (tuna poke, empanadas, poutine), with a number of vegetarian options, so everyone can find something to nosh. Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Really Poor ServicearchasaurusVIPDined on 7/12/2014This place doesn't know how to deal with its own popularity -- and doesn't seem to care about customers. I went to on Saturday, hoping for an experience like Mission Bowl. It was way worse. We arrived @ 6pm w/ a reservation. I thought this was to golf & dine, but I learned at the door was ONLY for dining. In no way did it entitle you to a round of mini-golf. I was told that I'd have to finish dinner upstairs & THEN come down and stand in whatever line had formed to play golf -- but that at least I could line up with a drink. Hm, OK. After a so-so dinner, I get a drink from the bar & come down to find a long line's formed & its routed outdoors. I'm told I need to throw away my drink to stand in it: "What'd you expect, bro? We're busy."
- More than dinner -- an experienceEricOrneryDined on 7/9/2014By now you've probably heard about the mini-golf course that gives Urban Putt its name. The holes are actually very clever works of art, making Urban Putt an instant SF classic and a hipster magnet. But the food in the upstairs restaurant is great, too. Deep dish pizza headlines, with the same corn meal crust that Ruby's made famous years ago. Everything on the menu is worth a try -- don't miss the deep-fried olives!Special Features:
- Fun, ok food, new venue issuesEricVIPDined on 7/7/2014Went here on a Monday night with a group of five. The hostess seated us quickly, but didn't initially acknowledge the OpenTable res. the waitress came by and it was clear she was new and a bit of a deer in the headlights. Not very knowledgeable and nervous. We ordered our food, a pizza, jambalaya, a squash dish and several beers. Everything came out in a timely manner. The jambalaya was tasty, the pizza a bit bland and a poor representation of Chicago-style deep dish. The atmosphere was nice though, and the mini golf downstairs was a lot of fun. It seems that there are some early kinks that need to be worked out, but I'll probably be back.Special Features:
- Early reviewChrisDined on 7/2/2014This place just opened recently, and I brought a date after golfing downstairs (which is SUPER FUN). I had the ribs ($21), my date had the burger (~$13), we shared poutine with duck. The food was very good, the meat on the ribs slid off the bone and the burger had flavorful meat and a tasty bun. We considered the deep dish pizzas but they take 35-45 min to cook-ouch! We wished there was a way to order while we were golfing. We saw other tables with them and they looked delicious. Ambience was tastefully decorated but loud, service friendly and quick. We had weekday 730 reservations but the restaurant wasn't full. Good experience but very slightly overpriced (perhaps it's the location?) and could use more entree choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun BirthdayJenningsDined on 7/1/2014Great spot for birthday dinner and drinks before golf!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eclectic Menu but TastySFFoodieFunVIPDined on 6/27/2014The menu was all over the place from tuna tartare to grilled cheese but our group of 7+ ordered a variety of dishes and all were tasty. Very buzzy, fun atmosphere but beware if you don't like crowds. Server was very nice but overwhelmed as night went on and resto became very crowded -- we went from excellent service at the beginning of our meal to meh service by the end. Recommend any of the cheese dishes -- grilled cheese, pizza, etc. Burgers were very good. Fries surprisingly bland. But this all said, you don't come to Urban Putt for the food, you go there for the drinks, the scene and the mini-golf and games.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightnotafoodieDined on 6/26/2014Went here for a much-needed date night with my husband. Food was not bad but the mini golf was the highlight. We really appreciated the creative elements of each hole. It was a Thursday night and not too crowded.Special Features:
- Urban Putt Gemfoody21Dined on 6/26/2014Urban Putt had an awesome vibe and great location. It's kinda out of the way from other venues, but the food tasted great and the waitress was super friendly. We didn't mini golf because it was pretty crowded, but the price is definitely affordable. Would definitely recommend it to a friend. The Open Table app however did not have my reservation listed and the tv wasn't working where we were sitting so we couldn't watch the Giants game. The deep dish pizza and baby spinach salad with sweet potatoes made up for it though, and hopefully when we go back the electronics will work a little better. Another note: The hostess at the entrance to the dining room wasn't the friendliest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun to visit, putt & drink. Food okKat65VIPDined on 6/22/2014Go to putt putt. That's the best part. Have drinks & snacks. Skip dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- phenomenal new fun outletEvery1saCriticDined on 6/19/2014Impressed in almost every way. Clearly a lot of thought put into almost every aspect. Looking forward to being able to bring drinks onto the golf course. Although I appreciated the hooks for bags & coats along the course, they absolutely need to set up a coat check or lockers. Does get a little unruly on the course with teams trying to rush each other to move on. Menu items are fairly large portions & heavy food, but really appreciated the "bar bites" menu, which you can order upstairs in the restaurant although you need to request the menu separately. Wish the bar had some signature cocktails to choose from & that beer selections were listed somewhere at your table so you didn't have to get up, walk across restaurant to see chalkboardSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar Food and GolfingRWAlfordVIPDined on 6/13/2014Poutine, chicken and waffle skewers and golf, combined with great local neighborhood servers, bartenders and security guards you're bound to have a good time, no high pressure, and just a little hint of that Mission Hipster attitude that makes the neighborhood real and special. The food is decent, not the best ever, there are selections that rock and are easy to eat. Remember its a golf course mainly, food is second, but cocktails, beer and having laughs is first, this a place delivers that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Good, Golf CuteexcelsiormamaDined on 6/13/2014Good food, super rude person at the front desk (management has been alerted so I hope she is gone by now). golf is cute, not sure if I ever need to golf again but I'll go back for the food and the terrific drinks.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Golf and Dine!rmohDined on 6/10/2014Delicious food and mini-golfing in the mission. i loved the pork belly and the scallop/shrimp combo and the jambalaya.Special Features:
- Fun for Adults & KidsTavainSFVIPDined on 6/2/2014We took our kids for a night out of putt-putt and food....It was super fun and they wanted to golf again after dinner!Special Features: