300 Plaza Drive
Secaucus, NJ 07094Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theurbanplum.com/
- Phone: 2015200574x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday-Friday 6:30am - 10:00am: Saturday - Sunday: 6:30am -12:00pm: Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American
- Executive Chef: Jose Escobar
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater for any occasions to your home, business. Special pre-set menus are prepared to satisfy all your catering needs with our well- trained staff.
Corporate menus are available.
- Private Party Facilities: Our stylish private dining is equipped to make your experience seamless. Whether you are arranging a social event or a corporate luncheon or dinner, our professional and friendly service staff is ready to make your event special. Private dining room has ability to answer all your A/V needs.
- Private Party Contact: Megan Lightner 201-348-9182x
- Entertainment: Great music, featuring Rockbot app which allows users to pick their favorite songs and be played on the restaurant sound system.
- Cross Street: Looking over Plaza
- Public Transit: Bus stop is located only steps away from the restaurant. Connection to Secaucus train station as well as direct transportation to New York City.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking is complementary when you dine at the Urban Plum
We have valet parking as well as shopping area parking around the restaurant.
A word from Urban Plum
American cusine featuring traditional ingredients with a modern touch.Part pup, part swanky lounge. Urban Plum is a melding of cultures, food and cocktails, somewhere in between the comfort of a neighborhood restaurant fused with a ‘see and be seen’ lounge. Urban Plum will offer the perfect union of colorful and bold flavors from the surrounding area, great design, impeccable hospitality and an incomparable locale. A tribute to our past, a celebration of our roots, a modern-day representation and a look to the future. Urban Plum is for all of us, each and every guest who steps into this refreshing, powerful culinary environment.Continued
We are open 7 days a week for breakfast, dinner, cocktails and late night dining, we feature 50 different types of beer on our menu – join us often!
We are open 7 days a week for breakfast, dinner, cocktails and late night dining, we feature 50 different types of beer on our menu – join us often!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Urban Plum reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelQuiet
good for groups (1)Show More
- first timeevetteDined on 8/28/2014Urban plum was great it wasn't busy though so it was a little awkward being the first people there. The bar tender milosh was great and very attentive . The place does need a bigger sign or something to bring in more people but the food was fantastic so I will definitely go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 34 reviews are from the Urban Plum reviews archive.
- Great after work dining!mslovelyleah1Dined on 5/12/2014It has a nice size after work crowd. Not too crowded. The Grilled Filet Mignon was the delicious especially the gravy. They have wine pairings with the meal which I liked. The wait staff is pretty helpful. Great for visitors who are staying at the Holiday Inn since it is right in that hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience for the priceJJVVVIPDined on 4/26/2014Came for dinner on a Sun evening. Overall, the ambiance was great. Although located inside a Holiday Inn, there are plush chairs, diffuse lighting, and funky art fixtures aplenty. Still, the Urban Plum is a gilded horse. Unfortunately, the service was pretty poor. Despite a thorough beer list, my first 3 choices were out of stock. I settled on Dogfish head Midas Touch (which tasted great). The staff seemed inexperienced and unsure of themselves despite their older age. Also, the entrees came in very small portions - my meatloaf was a decent size but the fish and steaks my fellow diners got were disappointing. Because of the great atmosphere and reasonable prices, I'd definitely come again however, I'd keep my expectations tempered.
- Don't forget about hotel dining!DCinNJDined on 4/13/2014I believe many people (like me), when searching for a restaurant, forget to look at hotel restaurant options. I've found that hotel restaurants, like Urban Plum, offer a quiet place for lunch or dinner, off the beaten path. If you are looking to be pampered, this is probably not the place to go, but if you want a quiet atmosphere, hit the spot on off-nights like Sunday night or lunch Mondays. You'll receive good service and not feel rushed. (And it is a great place to people watch.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/29/2014Based on the reviews I read and the fact that it is located in the holiday inn, I expected ok food and bad service. I was quite surprised that the food turned out to be excellent and after I mentioned the reviews to the waiter, the service was good and exceptionally attentive. Our order was taken promptly, the drinks arrived reasonably soon and so did the salad. The entree took a little extra time but was well worth the wait. I had the cod (which I often find to be overcooked or undercooked) and it was perfectly prepared. There was a big convention in the area so the bar was quite noisy but the noise didn't carry too badly to the table area. I will definetly go back.Special Features:
- A hotel restaurant... Not much morePilotbumVIPDined on 3/15/2014When I pulled up I was shocked this restaurant was in the Holiday Inn. That's all it is-a hotel restaurant. I travel a lot and the food wasn't anything more than room service. It wasn't bad but certainly wasn't great. Moreover, it was the most disappointing restaurant I've been to using Open Table. The service was also on par with a hotel restaurant. If you travel much, you'll know what I mean. You certainly won't get the attention you're used to at a restaurant that exists on it's own merit rather than the place in the hotel that keeps it's guests fed. I almost canceled when I pulled up and wish I would have. Don't make the same mistake I did.
- Overwhelmed With CustomersMicDenBurVIPDined on 2/14/2014We chose Urban Plum because we thought it would be quieter than most on Valentine's day. After we placed our order, the servers ignored us. There were 3 tables in our section, servers kept passing. We asked for more bread and butter, but it never came. We never got steak knives. No one asked how our entre was. We called the matre 'd to clear our dishes and order coffee. The decaf wasn't made. Dessert was served, and we waited for the coffee. I knocked over my coffee trying to move plates still on the table. No one noticed, so I sopped it up myself. I grabbed a waiter to take away the napkins, bring me another cup and bring us the check. Everyone was very polite and the food was good, but service was poor.Special Features:
- Valentine's day goodnessFIGJAMDined on 2/14/2014Went there with my fiancé On Valentine's day. They had a special for couples That I didn't even know about when I made the reservation that turned out to be awesome. The staff was really attentive and the ambiance was relaxed. 10/10 would eat again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Terrible ServiceBarrykinsVIPDined on 12/1/2013Had one of the great steak sandwiches of all time. But although my wife and I were one of fewer than ten patrons in the restaurant, it took forever for the server to take our order and even longer for hm to bring us our food. We won't be returning.
- I have to take a passWallStreetLawyerVIPDined on 11/9/2013It is rare indeed when I pan a restaurant, but this time the bad experience was too much. We had tickets for a concert at Izod and thought Urban Plum would be a good place to eat pre-event. Bad choice. Despite constantly trying to get the waiter's/waitress' attention, twenty minutes to get a beer and wine, forty minutes to receive our soup and salad, a full hour to receive our hamburger and fish/chips. Unacceptable. The food wasn't bad, but the service and general lack of caring about a time limit we had was awful. [Plus, despite multiple attempts to explain, no one knew how to operate the Open Table system, so of course I received a 'no show' notice.] Sorry, won't be back.
- Holiday Inn Happening!1njgalVIPDined on 9/28/2013We went to this restaurant based on Open Table reviews. There were a few other diners...not that many. There were a group at the bar which made it a bit noisy, but we took a nice table in a quieter area. The food was very enjoyable...we had the snapper special and a salmon entree..both great. We had the cheesecake for dessert...excellent. The chef came out to inquire about the food...a very nice gesture. Our server was also accommodating. The hotel is in a nice area in Secaucus...we used the valet service for parking...just had to get our ticket validated for no charge. Would recommend if you are looking for a lovely casual dinner in a nice hotel environment.Special Features:
- Surprisingly goodMicDenBurVIPDined on 8/31/2013We were the only 2 people in the dining room from 7 - 9pm on a Saturday night, but the food and service were excellent.Special Features:
- Quiet dinner with a special personChinaDined on 8/14/2013We liked the fact that this hotel restaurant was very empty as it afforded us the quiet intimacy that we required. Food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- date nightdinergaloreDined on 8/10/2013It was empty which made it perfect for date night with the bf. The food was good and service was great. Totally would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- different but goodKdBADimDined on 7/20/2013Date night with the Husband is always a random OpenTable selection cause we enjoy the surprise and trying something new... we were a little surprised when we realized the Urban Plum was inside the Holiday Inn and it was completely empty but EVERYONE we came into contact with(valet, host, waiter) was extremely pleasant, polite, and welcoming. Because it was empty, we got to select our own table(large booth so we could sit next to each other) and the decor inside was modern and romantic. Food was also good for a Holiday Inn and the cocktails were GREAT! honestly, if we had known we probably would've gotten a room and made it an overnight vacation and spent more time at the bar as it was getting lively right when we were leaving.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sleeper Hit Maybe?OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/22/2013Great food, good price. Just the place was empty at 7pm on a Saturday night. Not sure if its just new or if it just needs better marketing? Or maybe it just doesn't get anyone until later? It's in a Holiday Inn so not sure if that's part of it. But I loved the food, pretty neat selections so it's not just run of the mill. You need to use the valet parking (through holiday inn, get your ticket validated by urban plum) as parking is horrendous otherwise. So, if you want quiet, I guess this is the place to go for now.Special Features:
- Holiday Inn Restaurant is OKOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/12/2013Urban plum is inside of Holiday Inn in Secaucus. On a weeknight, if there is not a group or convention going on, the restaraunt area is totally dead. Although the bar had patrons, the restaurant was empty. I asked for the matre'd to check in and had to find the manager since no host was present. After the manager checked us in, it took a long time to get menus but we did get served within a reasonable time. Staff is friendly, food is okay. My pumpkin ravioli was excellent but my husband said that his steak was about avarage, nothing special. We were not expecting anything special from a hotel hangout, but the atmosphere and decor is nice and good for a casual night out. Probably also good for convention or group if properly staffed.Special Features:
- Perfect minus the service aspectOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/8/2013The food and scene was great. The place is located inside a hotel lobby but is removed from check-in and the main flow. Large portions with decent taste. The menu is limited, so don't expect a huge variety of options. Parking is validated saving you the valet charge of $12.50. Actual valet service needs improvement though; did not open door for female passenger. The hostess did not check a list for reservations made on Open Table and was also the server. The waiter seemed rushed even though only 2 parties were seated. There were periods where I did not see my server for 20 minutes leaving me to ask the bartender for my check. Many amenities in the area including a Starbucks and movie theater.Special Features:
- We made reservations for aOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/25/2012We made reservations for a holiday night through Open Table and arrived to find the restaurant was closed for the holiday.
- We were visiting from theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/10/2012We were visiting from the UK and booked the restaurant for a 50th birthday night. Our first thought was that the menu was a little limited but we had a fantastic night with outstanding food. We would also like to add that Eddy our server was fab. Would definately recommend this place to anyone and would return if visiting New York again
- This was disappointing, theokstatefanzDined on 11/29/2012This was disappointing, the place is part of the Holiday Inn and only had a bar tender serving the entire place and he didn't speak very good English. the food was not great for the price and the servings were interesting. Don't recommend this place with so many other GOOD places around within walking distance.
- Decent beer selection. NobodyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/19/2012Decent beer selection. Nobody was there to greet or seat us. Bartender was odd; was not very knowledgeable able the beer selection. The food tasted like it was thawed and microwaved, but the beer selection was good.
- We walked in...stood aroundBoonDined on 5/19/2012We walked in...stood around for 10 min...no host to seat us. We decided to sit at the bar...they didn't have 8 out of the 10 or so "featured" beer that was advertised. Bartender took almost 10 min to even acknowledge us and ask what we wanted to drink. Got the drinks, paid for it...waited almost 20 min...but he didn't come back with my my change. So we got fed up, and left and went to Chili's about 300 feet away and had a great time. shameful
- outstanding dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/21/2012the urban plum was outstanding the food was awesome very romantic for my fiance and myself. he enjoyed the dinner for his birthday and we will be glady to recomend our family and friends to the urban plumSpecial Features:
- Hotel restaurant. Didn't serveCinch1VIPDined on 3/31/2012Hotel restaurant. Didn't serve full menu because of a seminar at the convention center
- It is located in a hotel,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/19/2012It is located in a hotel, so the quantity of people in the restaurant is very dependednt on how many people are staying in the hotel. The night we went it was very quite, but the atmosphere was nice and the food was good.Special Features:
- Should be named the DriedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/11/2012Should be named the Dried Prune. Food wasn't even mediocre. Definately would not revisit or recommend to anyone.
- Great Service & nice decorOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/11/2012I've been here before for a work event in the back room. The catered food was amazing, so I came back here a few weekends later on a Saturday. Urban Plum is attached to the Holiday Inn Hotel (updated recently). Valet parking isn't worth the wait, you can park yourself. When we arrived we were seated right away (they have booths and tables if you want something a little more private). The waiters were very attentive and check on you multiple times throughout the evening. The ambiance is nice and the food is good. I ordered my steak well done (which is out of the ordinary), but it wasn't as well done as I would have liked. Other than that, I have no complaints. I would come back here and recommend the restaurants to others.Special Features:
- Please address lack of service.ComidaVIPDined on 10/8/2011The food was presentable and tasty, but the service was lousy. The waiter dissappeared a number of times and never checked on the table.Special Features:
- When we arrived, there wasMuzzyVIPDined on 2/18/2011When we arrived, there was nobody there to greet us. As a matter of fact, we waited almost 10 minutes before any employee of the restaurant came out of the kitchen into the dinning room. The food was pretty bad when it was finally served. Fish & Chips was very,very greasy, the grilled chicken sandwich was a very thin dried out piece on a stale roll, and the lobster burger was a paper thin patty that didn't resemble or taste anything like lobster. The people at the next table also had problems with the food as I saw them complaining and sending food back. We will NEVER return to the Urban Plum!
- It was good, just good. AOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2011It was good, just good. A little on the pricey side....for a holiday inn restaurant. Terrible wine list.Special Features:
- Although it is located insideOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/8/2011Although it is located inside the Secaucus Holiday Inn, it is not your usual hotel lobby lounge/restaurant. The ambiance is perfect, my wife and I went to have dinner and fell in love with it. Fireplaces were not only nice decorative pieces, they worked like a charm. Lounge type seating for those not having a normal meal is available in form of circular seating areas. Trendy enough for it's location. Pricing was very reasonable and food was great. The Rose wine was delicious. I would recommend to all my friends and it will not be the last time I go.Special Features:
- service slow...food unimpressivelinnieVIPDined on 12/25/2010service slow...food unimpressive tired hotel fare good for emergencies only
- watress was nice but it tookOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/13/2010watress was nice but it took a long time to get are food and drinks even though the place was empty. also it took 20mins just to get the bill cause the watress was nowhere to be found. foood was average. i doubt i will ever go there again.Special Features:
- We went to the Urban PlumTheDiningFanaticVIPDined on 10/8/2010We went to the Urban Plum not knowing it was in the Holiday Inn. The food was good but the service was just ok. It is a beautifully designed space but is right smack dab in the lobby of the Holiday Inn. So all guests could see right into the lounge area it was a very open floor plan with no dining privacy. We went on a Friday night at 8:30 and it was empty. The menu was very limited so its not a place to go for your anniversary etc. This place is more of a hotel guest needing to eat kind of place, hamburger, salad, chicken dish etc. Put this beautifully designed space in its own location instead of a hotel lobby and I think it would do very well but we left disappointed.Special Features: