14008 Memorial Dr.
Houston, TX 77079Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://urbankitchenhouston.com/
- Phone: (281) 531-7550
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brian Peper
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Call for details
A word from Urban Kitchen
Urban bites are just around the corner. At Urban Kitchen restaurant we serve a unique mix of classic dishes with an urban twist morning, noon, and night. We are located in the heart of Memorial and Energy Corridor. Urban Kitchen embraces food and community as one. We aim to be that neighborhood destination for any meal and for people of all ages. We are now open, so don’t wait and come on in for your next meal!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Urban Kitchen - Best Restaurants in West Side ›
Urban Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (15)fit for foodies (11)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (5)good for groups (4)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (3)romantic (2)hot spot (2)special occasion (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- great food and server ericdrl1Dined on 11/11/2014great food and server eric--cerlebrated birthday here.. enjoyed a lotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- docholDined on 10/12/2014Have been a few times since iy opened. This time as always food (burgers) was good. However, service slow even though restaurant was quiet.Special Features:
- We'll be back!CactexanDined on 10/11/2014This was our first visit and my husband and I couldn't have been more pleased. We decided to have an early dinner on Saturday and wanted to support a neighborhood establishment. We had heard and read mixed reviews of Urban Kitchen, but decided to make up our own minds. We were seated immediately upon arrival. Our waiter, James, was helpful and friendly and the whole experience just got better from there. Without exaggeration, I can say that everything was prepared and presented perfectly. Portion sizes were perfect - just enough for one meal - and were priced very reasonably. Meal ordered: Calamari, Soup of the Day, Urban Salad, Petite Steak & two desserts - peanut butter chocolate cake & strawberry shortcake. Best shortcake EVER!Special Features:
- Jeremy Rocks!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/30/2014Celebrating my wife's birthday on a Tuesday, we had the kids with us so we did not want to do anything "special/fancy" so we decided to try out this restaurant that we had not been to. Well we indeed got something special! Jeremy recommended what is now my favorite drink, a margarita infused with charred jalapeno peppers and pineapple..I know I had the same thought but trust me, heck TRUST JEREMY he knows his food, then we ordered the lobster and mac..ohh so delicious, next ...wait another margarita please.. ok next I ordered a tenderloin platter (only $14 bucks!)with some awesome sauce..Don't deny yourself this experience, make your reservation today..and ask for Jeremy!Special Features:
- AverageSadGuestDined on 9/28/2014The food was okay. Nothing notable. None of the dishes really stand out. It wasn't bad. It was just average. The lobster mac and cheese was really good. I wish we had gotten more.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Love Urban KitchenenjoyfoodVIPDined on 8/16/2014We tried Urban Kitchen for the first time last weekend and were completely blown away. The food was fantastic! The menu was inventive, but with items accessible to our children. Everything was expertly prepared and delectable. (In particular, the lobster mac 'n cheese was out of this world.) The cocktails -- made with fresh fruit -- were splendid, and the service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- couple diningseedblossomDined on 8/8/2014Found Urban Kitchen on Open Table and decided to try it. We were not disappointed. I loved the salmon and my husband said his pork tenderloin was delicious. Waiter was great, too. We'll go back again.Special Features:
- Surprise place to dine!SurpriseDined on 8/8/2014During restaurant weeks in Houston, we found this place that doesn't look to great from the outside but has had a nice interior. The food was also a surprise! The steak was so good, it could compete with the best in the city. Also the donut holes with the cinnamon sauce was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceUrbanKitchenDined on 8/6/2014Went for dinner with friends. Menu options were nice. Ambience was comfortable. Comfortable for all types of diners. Not a lot of kids when were there but we'll behaved children would feel comfortable here.Special Features:
- Great tasting food.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/5/2014Great tasting food. Friendly but slow service, and the place was not even busy, not a lot of people to have slow service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will ReturnTorreysmomDined on 8/5/2014We tried Urban Table for the first time during Houston Restautant week. It did not disappoint. The food and service was amazing. The food was fresh and had excellent flavors. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 11 reviews are from the Urban Kitchen reviews archive.
- Not ImpressedJeraoDined on 7/27/2014The menu was similar to most others in houston with nothing really sticking out or making a name for itself. Very few healthy options but we ordered two fish dishes. Both came out raw in the middle (were not intended to be seared and so were presumably not sashimi grade). Had to send them back. They also did not honor their Groupon correctly and had made up additional rules and restrictions about how the Groupons that were stated nowhere- you just had to find out when it came time to pay the bill. The whole experience was very strange, the service was very awkward and the sending back of the fish wasn't handled very well, not one apology. With so many other options in Houston, you will be just fine if you pass over this one.
- A Find in local shopping stripPampaVIPDined on 7/8/2014Interesting food that had us torn over what to order. We will just have to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood potentialRandomJDinerDined on 6/27/2014This restaurant has a nice neighborhood feel with an eclectic mix of menu selections including libster ravioli, flatbreads, and chicken and waffles. All well executed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- How did it get 4+ stars??ESUSDined on 6/3/2014This place was OK and wouldnt mind stopping by for lunch on occasion but that is about it. Very limited menu and wine list, unsophisticated (altho very friendly) service, everything a bit grimy, unclean bathroom, maitress d' on completely engrossed in her iPhone as we left. The fish in my fish taco was barely warm, corn tortillas were flaccid, french fries were hot but undercooked. My guest had the fish special which he said was fine but unremarkable. We didnt even stay for dessert. Everything needs a bit of elbow grease and a sharper eye to detail.Special Features:
- denturedinerDined on 5/30/2014Our party of 6 was thoroughly pleased with the entire evening. The restaurant looks "urban chic", the service was good and the food was delicious. The Shrimp and Grits is a crowd pleaser. We will certainly return with more friends.Special Features:
- great neighborhood restaurantHoustonfoodie10Dined on 5/16/2014My wife and I went for the first time for a 7:00pm dinner. The restaurant exceeded our expectations. The waiter was prompt, knowledgeable and courteous. I ordered the salmon, which was perfectly cooked. My wife ordered ribs, which were tasty. The atmosphere is nice casual. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014I took my mother here for lunch on Mother's Day. The food was pretty good. I had a salad to start. It had nice baby spinach greens and fresh ingredients. I had a steak/filet for the main entree and it was cooked perfectly. I'm not a big dessert eater, but I had the bread pudding with cherries and chocolate; I can say it was well made and tasty. I will definitely return on another day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceFifiDined on 5/11/2014Food was okay for the price. Interesting menu but average execution. Great service. Festive/modern atmosphere. Probably the bar and wait staff is the best part.
- Good first impressionPhilMorDined on 5/11/2014Went for the Mother's Day brunch offering. Great food for a reasonable price. My wife is already planning a "Girls' Night Out" to introduce her friends to the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Urban KitchenjoanieDined on 4/27/2014Urban Kitchen has just been open a couple of months, but is very good, both food and ambience. Meat and eggs come cooked the way you order them. My husband and I have eaten there several times and will return. The owners are very pleasant and concerned about making their customers enjoy their dining experience.Special Features:
- Urban experienceMargaritaDined on 4/21/2014Bought this certificate thinking it was for Union Kitchen down the road, but was delighted to find it as it is fairly new in the area. Love the atmosphere and the food was scrumptious and prepared to our specifications. This will be come a new haunt for brunches and dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.