2114 NW Glisan Street
Portland, OR 97210Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.urbanfondue.com/
- Phone: 5032421400
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Kevin Kennedy
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service catering available. Menu includes Northwest influenced cuisine. Fondue catering also available.
- Private Party Facilities: Urban Fondue offer a semi-private dining area that seats up to 12 people. Large party seating for up to 60 people available.
- Private Party Contact: Carla Byrum 5032421400
A word from Urban Fondue
Urban Fondue offers a unique perspective to fondue dining. From the indulgent cuisine, and boldly delicious and extensive martini selections, to the chic and smoldering decor and expert and personable service, Urban Fondue is a feast for the senses. Enjoy house made cheese fondue, succulent meat entrees cooked "fondue" style and delectable dessert fondues accompanied with side dishes such as polenta and grilled artichokes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Urban Fondue - Best Restaurants in Pearl District ›
Urban Fondue reviews from OpenTable diners
215 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (162)romantic (139)good for groups (83)fit for foodies (81)neighborhood gem (61)hot spot (30)great for outdoor dining (23)vibrant bar scene (21)late-night find (20)kid-friendly (18)notable wine list (17)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- CumbersomeKreynDined on 8/29/2014The cheese fondue ad dessert fondue was amazing but the main course was cumbersome to cook and pretty average. Drink selection was great!
- Great for familiesmjp97113Dined on 8/28/2014Enjoyed this experience with my daughter. Good recommendations from our server and quick service. We will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couldn't of been happier!HappyDined on 8/22/2014Everything about this place was amazing! Food was so good, the staff was awesome and we enjoyed every second we where there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FondueepsherwoodDined on 8/20/2014Delicious fondue and excellent service. The cheddar caraway starter is sublime and you cannot go past the dark chocolate with hazelnut dessert fondue. An excellent spot for date night or a bigger group!Special Features:
- I am glad I am not doing the dishesDribblesDined on 8/18/2014Cooking food in broth, not oil. Infuses flavor. Lots of options to choose from, as well as dipping sauces offered. Waiting for the food to cook, is hard. Need bibs to keep your clothes clean.Special Features:
- Not worth it!LunchbunchDined on 8/16/2014Urban Fondue did not live up to all the hype. There is a competing fondue restaurant down the road with superior food and service. The food was o.k., the server made us feel like he wanted to get us out of there quickly. The booth we sat in had burn holes in the seats and walls. The place was much smaller than I expected. Will not return!!!!
- Good foodSmalltowndinerDined on 8/16/2014We arrived early at 6 pm for our 615 reservation. We were seated immediately. They had called earlier to confirm our reservation. Fondue was excellent - especially the one with port in it. Dinner took 2 1/2 hours for group of five. Let you substitute main dish meats and veggies. Forgot one of the parties drinks. When reminded rectified immediately and said wouldn't charge. Good time for all. Only complaint is the seats in the booth are a little uncomfortable since so soft.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Great Experience!TheCheerfulGiversDined on 8/16/2014Our oldest daughter wanted to go to a well-known fondue restaurant for her birthday, but then I started researching reviews. I am so glad I did! We surprised her with dinner at Urban Fondue, and she was thrilled with the experience! We had reservations and were seated quickly. Our daughter really doesn't like to make food choices, so I brought a typed copy of our meal choices. Vince was our waiter, and he was wonderful! It was everyone's first time using fondue for all the courses, and he explained each step with such a great, up-beat attitude. He became part of the celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CoolOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014I had never been before and the place was different than any restaurant I've been to. I loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy and fun!RaceDined on 8/13/2014All the staff were extremely friendly. Booths are very private. Nice level of noise creates an ambience. Had our baby with us which they were very accommodating with. Waiter was helpful and extremely friendly! Food was fun to prepare, varied, and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- server was excellent.dineforfunDined on 8/13/2014We had fondue experience off the menu. It was good but we felt it was almost much food. Spicy cocktail excellent, fruity cocktail okaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and great funyensid50Dined on 8/12/2014We started the night at Bartini (its an attached bar) and enjoyed half price martinis. We did not have any appetizers but saw them served. The plated appetizers looked great, the table next to us said they tasted as good as they looked. We then went and had the 3 course fondue experience.. The whole night was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do something different .Leo7Dined on 8/7/2014The food and the variety was good. The service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- galgalDined on 8/6/2014We had so much fun (and so much food!) Great place with great friends!Special Features:
- Hubby's First TimeFafdennaDined on 8/5/2014I have been to this restaurant a couple of times before, and had always had a delicious experience. My husband and I received a Groupon for this restaurant as a wedding gift. He had never been to fondue before and was not only pleased at the deliciousness, but also the variety. His horizons have been expanded. If you've never had fondue, Urban Fondue will show you all there is to fondue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for date nightSteph9801Dined on 8/5/2014The food was delicious and the experience was new for both my boyfriend and myself. We really enjoyed it. Our service was fantastic. Actually the service was the best I've ever received in all of my dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic martinisjackattackDined on 8/4/2014Overall we had a wonderful time, the drinks were especially amazing. The Marion berry fondue was a little lack luster, but the food overall was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fondue!KaileighDined on 8/3/2014I decided to take my parents out to dinner and thought, hmm fondue would be fun! This place completely delivered within all aspects. Prices were reasonable, food quality was on par, and service was great! We did the fondue experience with all possible options of proteins and vegetables and it was perfect. Thanks!Special Features:
- Not as good as expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/2/2014Overall, I was disappointed. The red velvet booth had cigarette burns. There were only a few tables occupied throughout our meal. This surprised me since there were only 2 reservation times available for that evening when we made out reservations. As for the food, my husband and I got the three course fondue experience with the entree that included a variety of meat and seafood. The cheese fondue was great. The rest of the meal was only so so. I liked that they used broth for cooking instead of oils. However, despite the "spices" in the broths, everything tasted very bland. You could hardly identify chicken from pork from seafood. The dipping sauces overpowered all of the meats and were the only thing you could really taste.
- FonduefriendlyDined on 7/31/2014Great drinks, great food, but very warm inside. Could benefit from fans or a/c unit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go back!KathySDined on 7/31/2014I am so thankful that we had the opportunity to experience Urban Fondue. I can't wait to go back. The location is in a great neighborhood. The staff is wonderful. And the food is simply amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Anniversary Experienceandybug62Dined on 7/31/2014I had been to Urban Fondue prior to this visit, but this time was different. This was my husbands and my Anniversary, and to top it off, he's a pretty picky "plain food" person. I didn't think he would go for something like this. We did have a Groupon so our experience included a cheese fondue, to entrees and a dessert fondue. He thought the cheese was excellent, and when we were asked if we wanted more bread, he was the one to say yes. The entrees were fabulous, all seafood for myself and steak and lobster for him. He ate it all! Did I mention he's super picky? He was too full for dessert, but I enjoyed it thoroughly. Our service was wonderful, and regardless of our Groupon, we were treated like royalty. And my husband said he'd go back!Special Features:
- Goto spot for Romantic eveningPsycheDined on 7/30/2014We love Urban Fondue for special occasions. We're vegetarians (we eat dairy) and they are always very accommodating. The food is quite good. A great compromise between comfort food and upscale fair. All of the servers are wonderful - they really have outstanding service. My only complaint this last visit was the red wine by the glass. The selection was not great and all the wines were on the sweet side. I know they are catering to the younger hipster palette, but should have a few choices for those of us who are a bit more sophisticated without having to invest in a whole bottle.Special Features:
- Very good experience!htspdxDined on 7/30/2014This was my first experience at Urban Fondue, and I was not disappointed. We did the 3-course meal, starting with the cheese fondue, then the entree, and ended with the dessert fondue. For the cheese fondue, we tried the Ruby Port with white cheddar, Swiss and Gruyere. It was excellent. The entrees were very good (we tried the NW chicken and Chef's Cut) - everything comes out raw or uncooked, and we cook it in the hot pots of broth that comes with the entrees. It didn't take long at all, and was a neat experience - especially with the multiple dipping sauces that accompany the entrees. Finally, we decided to try the Heathbar fondue for dessert, which was very tasty. Service and experience were great, and I'm sure I'll be back.Special Features:
- Great overall experience!Datenite72014Dined on 7/29/2014Must make a reservation. We were seated right on time. Waiter was very friendly and helpful. Drinks were amazing(coconut mojitotini). The three course meal was very filling. Go hungry! Everything was yummy! We will go back. Great for date or girls night out :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good!CynthiafergusonDined on 7/26/2014I booked this restaurant for my best friend's 21st birthday and it was perfect! The drinks are classy and delicious. The food is amazing and it makes you communicate and pay attention to each other because of the cooking time, and hands on experience. So awesome and can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!friendlydinerDined on 7/26/2014I was taking a girl on a first date, and these guys made everything perfect. Awesome service, not too long of a wait for food, and even though we got there early, they sat us immediately. I will be coming back here several times! And the food was so good that it is hard to find the right word for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ajcopDined on 7/26/2014my sis and i live out of town but we always make a point of visiting urban fondue - it's delicious every time we come!Special Features:
- Fondue LoverFondueLoverDined on 7/24/2014Must make a reservation, but well worth it. The food and service were great. It's a bit spendy but with Groupon it was a great deal. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fell in LoveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014I took 3 skeptical teenagers to Urban Fondue. As we settled into the night, they enjoyed themselves more and more. It was decided that we MUST return! Christmas Eve? Dates before prom? Or just when we need melted cheesecake fondue and cream puffs. There was a calmness about the evening that helped create the chance to slow down their busy lives, relax and really open up. (Note: 1 hour parking spots are not enough time. I had to move my car twice!)Special Features:
- Fun eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/20/2014We had a great time at Urban fondue. The food was delicious, and with the many choices we each had a completely different entrée. The brie and gorgonzola was the table favorite for the cheese fondue as was the cognac caramel for dessert. As always, a great time at Urban fondue.Special Features:
- Urban Fondue DelightJMO718Dined on 7/19/2014Urban Fondue was a very pleasant experience! We had an amazing waiter who was very detailed and thorough with his service, he checked on us consistently, made recommendations and kept the Bartini drinks flowing! The only complaint I can make is that for a hot day outside and a hot meal, it was pretty hot in the building. It would have been nice to have A/C on. Aside from that the food and service were superior.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as I had hopedonecoolguyDined on 7/18/2014The restaurant is nestled in a nice park of downtown (Pearl District). We were sat right away, but took some time for the server. The server was nice, but talked to fast and did not explain how things would happen or the options very well. The food was nice, but the dipping sauces were lacking taste. We were told that you could fit 4-5 items in a pot at a time, but only given one fondue fork. Price was a bit higher that we expedited. It was a nice place to visit, do not see ourselves visiting it again.
- Best fondu in PDX . . . but. . .passmethefoodpleaseDined on 7/18/2014I have visited quite a few fondu spots and this place is my second favorite (first being in CA). At Urban Fondue we had some great food, a comfortable booth, great service, and over all a good time. The one complaint about the food was the amount of cheese fondu was skimpy. My other (more significant food is the restaurant was way too hot! Turn on the A/C you guys are way too classy of a restaurant to be making your upscale clients sweat like mad. If you need to add a couple dollars to your food prices to get the job done, then do it. Just get the climate under control. I Docked your Ambiance and Overall score for this reason alone.Special Features:
- Good but hotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014We had a 930 reservation and the service was good but the restaurant was hotter inside than it was outside. Yes we dined on the hottest day of the summer thus far but they had only a couple boxed fans and it made the environment very uncomfortable to enjoy our even more hot food that was being served to us.Special Features:
- Needs air conditioningRagnarDined on 7/15/2014Almost everything was great, even the look of the place. However each table basically has an extra oven at it, making it less desirable in summer.Special Features:
- Too Hot to HandleDisappointmentDined on 7/15/2014I was extremely disappointed to have to eat in what seemed like a sauna, and have our food delivered by sweaty servers! We had invited friends to join us for dinner but we arrived first and found out that the restaurant was extremely hot inside. Upon asking the Manager if their air conditioning had gone out, his response of "no, it's just that hot out, was very disconcerting. When our guests arrived I apologized profusely about the "sauna experience" we were about to encounter. With the expense of the meal, I would expect that the restaurant would do something about the comfort of their guests. When we left the restaurant my shirt was embarrassingly drenched from my shoulders to my waist! I won't be eating at that restaurant again!
- Hot and disappointingHotInPortlandDined on 7/12/2014This was a 36th birthday celebration which we invited two other couples out with us. There was no air conditioning and it was a 90+ degree day, you just don't think to ask if a place has air conditioning. The entire meal was so uncomfortably warm that we barely spoke to one another, and forget trying to enjoy a cocktail all we wanted was water. The next disappointment came when we all decided to get steak and lobster and much to our surprise there was no lobster! However bad this particular experience was my other half and I would like to come back during a cooler time of the year and give it a second chance, unfortunately I don't think our guest will be joining us on the next adventure. The bright spot of the night was the nice staff.Special Features:
- Fantastic!AboveMarsDined on 7/11/2014My girlfriend and I went there for her birthday and we both absolutely loved it. The food is wonderful and our waiter Shawn was very nice and very helpful. My only complaint is that the dining room gets pretty warm on a summer day. They should really think about investing in a better A/C unit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Fondue in Portland AreaFoodieatheartDined on 7/10/2014I have been to a competitor and must say that the menu and food was overall the best I had ever had! Will return in the future!Special Features: