2114 NW Glisan Street
Portland, OR 97210Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.urbanfondue.com/
- Phone: 5032421400
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Kevin Kennedy
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service catering available. Menu includes Northwest influenced cuisine. Fondue catering also available.
- Private Party Facilities: Urban Fondue offer a semi-private dining area that seats up to 12 people. Large party seating for up to 60 people available.
- Private Party Contact: Carla Byrum 5032421400
A word from Urban Fondue
Urban Fondue offers a unique perspective to fondue dining. From the indulgent cuisine, and boldly delicious and extensive martini selections, to the chic and smoldering decor and expert and personable service, Urban Fondue is a feast for the senses. Enjoy house made cheese fondue, succulent meat entrees cooked "fondue" style and delectable dessert fondues accompanied with side dishes such as polenta and grilled artichokes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Urban Fondue - Best Restaurants in Pearl District ›
Urban Fondue reviews from OpenTable diners
192 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (141)romantic (121)good for groups (73)fit for foodies (69)neighborhood gem (54)hot spot (24)vibrant bar scene (22)late-night find (20)great for outdoor dining (17)notable wine list (15)kid-friendly (14)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Urban Fondue is amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Had a great time, would recommend 2 hours to soak up and enjoy the experience. Service and food was amazing.Special Features:
- MargieDined on 9/25/2014I thought the food was good, the service was great. Nice people all around. Don't know if I'd do it again.
- Poor serviceAmber87371983Dined on 9/24/2014I bought a Groupon and felt like I was treated ad a " lower class" . I still have 20 percent for tip and bout drinks, but the waiter was very uppity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun!yummmmDined on 9/21/2014Went here for my boyfriend's 21st birthday dinner! Had a group of 7 and was a good place because you could share food family style!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed in the serviceWaterLuvDined on 9/17/2014Even though it was a weeknight and they were not really busy, service was extremely slow. When we told the waiter that we were in a hurry to order desserts it took forever for him to come back and take our order. I was also disappointed in the chocolate fondue. We ordered a raspberry swirl and could not taste any raspberry. (The chocolate was good, but we expected a raspberry swirl to have at least a minimum of raspberry flavor.) We also asked to split the bill and were told it would be too hard, only to find out it was because they had a mandatory tip with a group. Finally, in my reservation I did let them know we were celebrating a birthday and there was no recognition of that, not even a smile & happy birthday from the waiter.
- romantic date spotFoodLuver92Dined on 9/17/2014I went here for a blind date. The food was fantastic, the drink list was flavorful (I loved the ruby rose and melon one!), and just the over all experience was very memorable. I highly recommend this place for a date or even for just a girls night! It's a better choice then the Melting Pot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Evening - thank you.Margaret1Dined on 9/12/2014I made reservations for my 17 year old daughter and her two friends to have a birthday dinner on a Friday night. They got all dressed up and I dropped them off to have dinner on their own. The resturant treated them as young adults, with good service, recommending the right amount of food, a nice table and a birthday treat at the end of dinner. I really appreciate that she and her friends were treated so well and will definetly return and recommend the resturant. They enjoyed the food event (they did the three course meal for two and it was perfect for three teens.) The entire evening was a success. Thank you for making her birthday special and valuing her and her friends as customers.Special Features:
- Urban Fondue-one of our favoritesLindajane1324Dined on 9/12/2014As always, such great great food, relaxing booths (ours had burn marks in the fabric and sad someone would do that), great service and fun! Our favorites are Brie Gorgonzola cheese, East meets West and the Heath Bar chocolate for dessert! Fun dining experience.Special Features:
- Didn't Care For It - At AllOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/11/2014We weren't fondue eaters so decided to give it a try. We left HUNGRY...their piercing forks need sharpening as it is very difficult to get the food to stay on the fork. It can take hours to get through the meal. If you are hungry this is not good. We ended up just dumping the food in each pot and scooping it out with a spoon. The sauces were not that good and it appeared some of the meats were slightly frozen - which kind of makes sense so they can keep some texture to put on the fork and then in the fondue pot. Would not do this again.
- Usually good, but my last visit :(OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014So I dine at Urban Fondue very frequently. So again this year for my bfs birthday I requested a booth more toward the back & secluded & that it was my bfs bday Unfortunately I received none of this the hostess was rude & not welcoming when I was seated for a reservation they asked if I wanted a table & I said no so they sat me in a booth close to the door which I didn't want. The service was poor, as well as they forgot it was my boyfriends birthday so they brought his treat after the check. Once my server heard I was unhappy he started to offer me all sorts of things like take home ice cream but I was already upset and he was just worried about his tip. & when I ordered an artichoke & didn't like it he asked me if I knew how to eat it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service and wonderful food.K2K2Dined on 9/3/2014I brought my mom here while she was visiting from out of state and we could not have asked for a better experience. The service was absolutely the best and the food was extremely good. We had an excellent time. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great fondue experienceGuruLaghimaDined on 9/2/2014Made reservations for my girlfriend's 21st birthday. Though we arrived half an hour early the staff was very accommodating and seated us immediately. The menus seemed a bit overwhelming at first but everything was explained very well by our server. As our drinks came (the peartini was tasty) a family with two kids was seated next to us. Though we weren't together we could hear every bit of their conversations and their obnoxious and overly spoiled kids made an impression, though this is the only slightly negative thing that came from the night out. Broth and meats were flavorful, and of course dessert was an experience in and of itself. Overall 5 stars, highly satisfied, and next time hopefully quieter more mature neighbors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014They billed me $20 million for my dinner and got my card shut off. They also did not honor my table request, nor called me to let me know they couldn't honor it. What a waste of time to book through open table. I should have called the restaurant directly.
- Always delicious!FoodFiendDined on 8/31/2014My husband and I first tried this restaurant as something new and fun before we got married 4 years ago and we have never been disappointed. This restaurant is intimate and fun, great for a romantic night, a family get together or a girls night. The food is delicious and there is such a variety of flavors that you can always mix it up to be different. The service is impeccable, everyone is very friendly and goes out of their way to make sure you have a great time. I recommend doing the fondue experience; you get a cheese appetizer, an assortment of meats and veggies with a broth of your choice for an entree and a dessert fondue. We recommend the ruby port cheese, yosenabe broth and marionberry cheesecake. They are to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CumbersomeKreynDined on 8/29/2014The cheese fondue ad dessert fondue was amazing but the main course was cumbersome to cook and pretty average. Drink selection was great!
- Great for familiesmjp97113Dined on 8/28/2014Enjoyed this experience with my daughter. Good recommendations from our server and quick service. We will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014My boyfriend and I went on a date here and ALL the martinis we tried were amazing, along with both fondues we tried as well. Good stuff!Special Features:
- FoodieLuvDined on 8/23/2014The food was really good here but it took us 2.5 hours to get all of our food. Our vegetables came out a little cold and when we were ready to order dessert. They service was good in the beginning but got worse as the night went on, the restaurant wasn't even that busy so I didn't understand what was taking so long. The food was really good and it was a fun experience but I hope if I ever go back the service will be a lot better.Special Features:
- Couldn't of been happier!HappyDined on 8/22/2014Everything about this place was amazing! Food was so good, the staff was awesome and we enjoyed every second we where there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FondueepsherwoodDined on 8/20/2014Delicious fondue and excellent service. The cheddar caraway starter is sublime and you cannot go past the dark chocolate with hazelnut dessert fondue. An excellent spot for date night or a bigger group!Special Features:
- I am glad I am not doing the dishesDribblesDined on 8/18/2014Cooking food in broth, not oil. Infuses flavor. Lots of options to choose from, as well as dipping sauces offered. Waiting for the food to cook, is hard. Need bibs to keep your clothes clean.Special Features:
- Not worth it!LunchbunchDined on 8/16/2014Urban Fondue did not live up to all the hype. There is a competing fondue restaurant down the road with superior food and service. The food was o.k., the server made us feel like he wanted to get us out of there quickly. The booth we sat in had burn holes in the seats and walls. The place was much smaller than I expected. Will not return!!!!
- Good foodSmalltowndinerDined on 8/16/2014We arrived early at 6 pm for our 615 reservation. We were seated immediately. They had called earlier to confirm our reservation. Fondue was excellent - especially the one with port in it. Dinner took 2 1/2 hours for group of five. Let you substitute main dish meats and veggies. Forgot one of the parties drinks. When reminded rectified immediately and said wouldn't charge. Good time for all. Only complaint is the seats in the booth are a little uncomfortable since so soft.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Great Experience!TheCheerfulGiversDined on 8/16/2014Our oldest daughter wanted to go to a well-known fondue restaurant for her birthday, but then I started researching reviews. I am so glad I did! We surprised her with dinner at Urban Fondue, and she was thrilled with the experience! We had reservations and were seated quickly. Our daughter really doesn't like to make food choices, so I brought a typed copy of our meal choices. Vince was our waiter, and he was wonderful! It was everyone's first time using fondue for all the courses, and he explained each step with such a great, up-beat attitude. He became part of the celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CoolOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014I had never been before and the place was different than any restaurant I've been to. I loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy and fun!RaceDined on 8/13/2014All the staff were extremely friendly. Booths are very private. Nice level of noise creates an ambience. Had our baby with us which they were very accommodating with. Waiter was helpful and extremely friendly! Food was fun to prepare, varied, and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- server was excellent.dineforfunDined on 8/13/2014We had fondue experience off the menu. It was good but we felt it was almost much food. Spicy cocktail excellent, fruity cocktail okaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and great funyensid50Dined on 8/12/2014We started the night at Bartini (its an attached bar) and enjoyed half price martinis. We did not have any appetizers but saw them served. The plated appetizers looked great, the table next to us said they tasted as good as they looked. We then went and had the 3 course fondue experience.. The whole night was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do something different .Leo7Dined on 8/7/2014The food and the variety was good. The service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- galgalDined on 8/6/2014We had so much fun (and so much food!) Great place with great friends!Special Features:
- Great for date nightSteph9801Dined on 8/5/2014The food was delicious and the experience was new for both my boyfriend and myself. We really enjoyed it. Our service was fantastic. Actually the service was the best I've ever received in all of my dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic martinisjackattackDined on 8/4/2014Overall we had a wonderful time, the drinks were especially amazing. The Marion berry fondue was a little lack luster, but the food overall was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fondue!KaileighDined on 8/3/2014I decided to take my parents out to dinner and thought, hmm fondue would be fun! This place completely delivered within all aspects. Prices were reasonable, food quality was on par, and service was great! We did the fondue experience with all possible options of proteins and vegetables and it was perfect. Thanks!Special Features:
- Not as good as expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/2/2014Overall, I was disappointed. The red velvet booth had cigarette burns. There were only a few tables occupied throughout our meal. This surprised me since there were only 2 reservation times available for that evening when we made out reservations. As for the food, my husband and I got the three course fondue experience with the entree that included a variety of meat and seafood. The cheese fondue was great. The rest of the meal was only so so. I liked that they used broth for cooking instead of oils. However, despite the "spices" in the broths, everything tasted very bland. You could hardly identify chicken from pork from seafood. The dipping sauces overpowered all of the meats and were the only thing you could really taste.
- FonduefriendlyDined on 7/31/2014Great drinks, great food, but very warm inside. Could benefit from fans or a/c unit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go back!KathySDined on 7/31/2014I am so thankful that we had the opportunity to experience Urban Fondue. I can't wait to go back. The location is in a great neighborhood. The staff is wonderful. And the food is simply amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Anniversary Experienceandybug62Dined on 7/31/2014I had been to Urban Fondue prior to this visit, but this time was different. This was my husbands and my Anniversary, and to top it off, he's a pretty picky "plain food" person. I didn't think he would go for something like this. We did have a Groupon so our experience included a cheese fondue, to entrees and a dessert fondue. He thought the cheese was excellent, and when we were asked if we wanted more bread, he was the one to say yes. The entrees were fabulous, all seafood for myself and steak and lobster for him. He ate it all! Did I mention he's super picky? He was too full for dessert, but I enjoyed it thoroughly. Our service was wonderful, and regardless of our Groupon, we were treated like royalty. And my husband said he'd go back!Special Features:
- Goto spot for Romantic eveningPsycheDined on 7/30/2014We love Urban Fondue for special occasions. We're vegetarians (we eat dairy) and they are always very accommodating. The food is quite good. A great compromise between comfort food and upscale fair. All of the servers are wonderful - they really have outstanding service. My only complaint this last visit was the red wine by the glass. The selection was not great and all the wines were on the sweet side. I know they are catering to the younger hipster palette, but should have a few choices for those of us who are a bit more sophisticated without having to invest in a whole bottle.Special Features:
- Very good experience!htspdxDined on 7/30/2014This was my first experience at Urban Fondue, and I was not disappointed. We did the 3-course meal, starting with the cheese fondue, then the entree, and ended with the dessert fondue. For the cheese fondue, we tried the Ruby Port with white cheddar, Swiss and Gruyere. It was excellent. The entrees were very good (we tried the NW chicken and Chef's Cut) - everything comes out raw or uncooked, and we cook it in the hot pots of broth that comes with the entrees. It didn't take long at all, and was a neat experience - especially with the multiple dipping sauces that accompany the entrees. Finally, we decided to try the Heathbar fondue for dessert, which was very tasty. Service and experience were great, and I'm sure I'll be back.Special Features:
- Great overall experience!Datenite72014Dined on 7/29/2014Must make a reservation. We were seated right on time. Waiter was very friendly and helpful. Drinks were amazing(coconut mojitotini). The three course meal was very filling. Go hungry! Everything was yummy! We will go back. Great for date or girls night out :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.