2114 NW Glisan Street
Portland, OR 97210Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.urbanfondue.com/
- Phone: (503) 242-1400
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Kevin Kennedy
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service catering available. Menu includes Northwest influenced cuisine. Fondue catering also available.
- Private Party Facilities: Urban Fondue offer a semi-private dining area that seats up to 12 people. Large party seating for up to 60 people available.
- Private Party Contact: Carla Byrum 5032421400
A word from Urban Fondue
Urban Fondue offers a unique perspective to fondue dining. From the indulgent cuisine, and boldly delicious and extensive martini selections, to the chic and smoldering decor and expert and personable service, Urban Fondue is a feast for the senses. Enjoy house made cheese fondue, succulent meat entrees cooked "fondue" style and delectable dessert fondues accompanied with side dishes such as polenta and grilled artichokes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Urban Fondue - Best Restaurants in Pearl District ›
Urban Fondue reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (94)romantic (80)good for groups (55)fit for foodies (47)neighborhood gem (41)late-night find (20)vibrant bar scene (17)hot spot (17)kid-friendly (13)great for outdoor dining (12)notable wine list (7)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Beautiful and cozy resturantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014We loved.the efficiency and ease of.reservations. The restaurant is small and cozy with wonderful lighting. Everything smelled wonderful. But then we ordered. The waiter kept trying to tell me what I wanted to order despite being able to speak and point at the menu all by myself. He seemed put out when he interrupted me to suggest the same thing I previously declined and just seemed annoyed that we didn't sit all night and continue ordering everything he suggested. We had a party of five. We knew what we wanted, ordered, then the broth dishes, cooking utensils, timers and sauce containers arrived. There wasn't room for us once the table was packed with everything needed to cook the food and the napkins were set right next to.the open flames. If we'd ordered more food where would it have been put? We had to move dishes onto the seating to make room.for the dishes of food. It's way too messy, fussy, and high maintenance for a relaxing fun birthday dinner out. It was a cluttered mess. We were checked on once until we were almost ready to leave then once more before we left and I had to point out the empty glasses that needed to be refilled. We spent over $100 and nobody left satisfied or feeling like we got much bang for our buck. The seafood was delicious but we didn't care for the mess and experience. We won't be back. Just not the place for us.Special Features:
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/21/2014I had booked a reservation and they were behind 20 mins or so but we didn't bother, we were at Bartini having awsome drinks. For the wait the bartender gave us a free drink, the waiter gave us a free dessert and side. They are awsome, everyone was friendly and very accommodating. A good step leading to the great food they had... loved it, we will be going back very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4/5OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014Everything was great, a little pricey though (fondue experience for 2 + 3 beers on a Sunday night/happy hour totaled $75)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tidbits and MartinisBrummDined on 11/16/2014I spent my birthday dinner with my family! It was delicious and fun to have such a variety of fondue to choose! I loved my cucumber gin martini too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expensive birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014Group of 6 for special occasion was not a moderate bill when adding some wine or cocktails in the mix. Helpful server recommended the Fondue Experience for our first visit and was way to go. Great options and good food. Cheese fondue offerings very tasty. Entrees ok. Desserts pretty decadent. Fairly dark at our table, hard to see, but other areas seemed ok. Overall nice visit but special occasion for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fondue Find!Katrina823Dined on 11/8/2014Urban Fondue is a great late night dining experience if your looking for an affordable and fun fondue spot. Sean is the best server they have there. He is extremely helpful and knowledgeable of menu items. He provides great service and is genuinely interested in his diners. Urban Fondue's cocktail menu is fantastic and full of variety. I love the raspberry cosmo and blackberry lemon drop. We had the smokey sundried tomato cheese fondue and it is to die for. For non-chocolate lovers, they offer other options for the desert fondue. Great place to go for fondue with friends and groups and very affordable!Special Features:
- Great fondueWelove2eatDined on 11/8/2014They were able to seat in very quickly and the good was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and waiterdine2Dined on 11/7/2014Our waiter , Sean, was the best waiter we ever had! He knew the menu, down to earth and funny! Accommodating since we had a glutton free person with us.Special Features:
- DeliciousPhxFoodieDined on 10/31/2014We ordered 2 delicious entrées, and received enough food for 4! Everything was fresh and delicious. It was on the expensive side, but we certainly didn't walk away hungry. Excellent service and a nice atmosphere. Fondue isn't child-friendly, unless you have older, patient children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I loved every secondKGrubeDined on 10/31/2014I had a wonderful time at urban fondue. I came here for my birthday dinner and it was perfect. I ordered the Bre and Gorgonzola fondue with the pancetta and romain salad and it was just enough to feed two semi hungry people. We were stuffed by the end of dinner, but next time around I am definitely going to venture through the dessert menu. It looked delicious. The atmosphere was great and the staff was wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always FunJillianDined on 10/20/2014My husband and I love coming to Urban Fondue. Vince was our server tonight and he made the experience absolutely outstanding! Super friendly, very attentive, had great suggestions for some new things to try, and just overall made us feel comfortable. Servers like him are a big part of the reason that we love coming back (not to mention the delicious food!).Special Features:
- Good one time spotRuggerDined on 10/17/2014Cheese and dessert are the way to go skip the entree.Special Features:
- Urban Fondue for YoubigbirdDined on 10/11/2014Our monthly dinner club recently spent an evening at Urban Fondue. The cheese fondue was excellent, the entrée of either seafood or steak and seafood was just OK. Dessert fondue was good. When we dine there again, we would have the cheese fondue only. The service was excellent plus!!Special Features:
- over rated.cnickDined on 10/5/2014It was like a knife to the chest paying the bill at this place. The service was so slow. The portions were very small. Not a manager in sight. Just overall a bad experience, and on my husband's birthday at that. We will never be back.Special Features:
- Not pleased13344Dined on 10/4/2014I came in with my friends for my bestfriends birthday. It started out fine,then when we had a couple questions about the menu the waiter seemed very annoyed with us. After a minute of him being at out table he finally left with no helpful information. I asked if they do anything special for birthdays and he said no, he couple give us a candle, then walked away.the whole service he made usfeel like we were troubling him.When it came time for the check , he charged us 18% gratuity when we had a party of five. The menu said only if your party was 6,our party was not.When I asked him,he said he was planning on serving six so he had to charge us.i was disapponted because what was suppose to be a great birthday dinner, was a embarrassing time.Special Features:
- GoBeavs22Dined on 10/1/2014We went there for a special occasion and the food was excellent, service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Urban Fondue is amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Had a great time, would recommend 2 hours to soak up and enjoy the experience. Service and food was amazing.Special Features:
- MargieDined on 9/25/2014I thought the food was good, the service was great. Nice people all around. Don't know if I'd do it again.
- Poor serviceAmber87371983Dined on 9/24/2014I bought a Groupon and felt like I was treated ad a " lower class" . I still have 20 percent for tip and bout drinks, but the waiter was very uppity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun!yummmmDined on 9/21/2014Went here for my boyfriend's 21st birthday dinner! Had a group of 7 and was a good place because you could share food family style!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed in the serviceWaterLuvDined on 9/17/2014Even though it was a weeknight and they were not really busy, service was extremely slow. When we told the waiter that we were in a hurry to order desserts it took forever for him to come back and take our order. I was also disappointed in the chocolate fondue. We ordered a raspberry swirl and could not taste any raspberry. (The chocolate was good, but we expected a raspberry swirl to have at least a minimum of raspberry flavor.) We also asked to split the bill and were told it would be too hard, only to find out it was because they had a mandatory tip with a group. Finally, in my reservation I did let them know we were celebrating a birthday and there was no recognition of that, not even a smile & happy birthday from the waiter.
- romantic date spotFoodLuver92Dined on 9/17/2014I went here for a blind date. The food was fantastic, the drink list was flavorful (I loved the ruby rose and melon one!), and just the over all experience was very memorable. I highly recommend this place for a date or even for just a girls night! It's a better choice then the Melting Pot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Evening - thank you.Margaret1Dined on 9/12/2014I made reservations for my 17 year old daughter and her two friends to have a birthday dinner on a Friday night. They got all dressed up and I dropped them off to have dinner on their own. The resturant treated them as young adults, with good service, recommending the right amount of food, a nice table and a birthday treat at the end of dinner. I really appreciate that she and her friends were treated so well and will definetly return and recommend the resturant. They enjoyed the food event (they did the three course meal for two and it was perfect for three teens.) The entire evening was a success. Thank you for making her birthday special and valuing her and her friends as customers.Special Features:
- Urban Fondue-one of our favoritesLindajane1324Dined on 9/12/2014As always, such great great food, relaxing booths (ours had burn marks in the fabric and sad someone would do that), great service and fun! Our favorites are Brie Gorgonzola cheese, East meets West and the Heath Bar chocolate for dessert! Fun dining experience.Special Features:
- Didn't Care For It - At AllOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/11/2014We weren't fondue eaters so decided to give it a try. We left HUNGRY...their piercing forks need sharpening as it is very difficult to get the food to stay on the fork. It can take hours to get through the meal. If you are hungry this is not good. We ended up just dumping the food in each pot and scooping it out with a spoon. The sauces were not that good and it appeared some of the meats were slightly frozen - which kind of makes sense so they can keep some texture to put on the fork and then in the fondue pot. Would not do this again.
- Usually good, but my last visit :(OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014So I dine at Urban Fondue very frequently. So again this year for my bfs birthday I requested a booth more toward the back & secluded & that it was my bfs bday Unfortunately I received none of this the hostess was rude & not welcoming when I was seated for a reservation they asked if I wanted a table & I said no so they sat me in a booth close to the door which I didn't want. The service was poor, as well as they forgot it was my boyfriends birthday so they brought his treat after the check. Once my server heard I was unhappy he started to offer me all sorts of things like take home ice cream but I was already upset and he was just worried about his tip. & when I ordered an artichoke & didn't like it he asked me if I knew how to eat it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service and wonderful food.K2K2Dined on 9/3/2014I brought my mom here while she was visiting from out of state and we could not have asked for a better experience. The service was absolutely the best and the food was extremely good. We had an excellent time. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great fondue experienceGuruLaghimaDined on 9/2/2014Made reservations for my girlfriend's 21st birthday. Though we arrived half an hour early the staff was very accommodating and seated us immediately. The menus seemed a bit overwhelming at first but everything was explained very well by our server. As our drinks came (the peartini was tasty) a family with two kids was seated next to us. Though we weren't together we could hear every bit of their conversations and their obnoxious and overly spoiled kids made an impression, though this is the only slightly negative thing that came from the night out. Broth and meats were flavorful, and of course dessert was an experience in and of itself. Overall 5 stars, highly satisfied, and next time hopefully quieter more mature neighbors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014They billed me $20 million for my dinner and got my card shut off. They also did not honor my table request, nor called me to let me know they couldn't honor it. What a waste of time to book through open table. I should have called the restaurant directly.
- Always delicious!FoodFiendDined on 8/31/2014My husband and I first tried this restaurant as something new and fun before we got married 4 years ago and we have never been disappointed. This restaurant is intimate and fun, great for a romantic night, a family get together or a girls night. The food is delicious and there is such a variety of flavors that you can always mix it up to be different. The service is impeccable, everyone is very friendly and goes out of their way to make sure you have a great time. I recommend doing the fondue experience; you get a cheese appetizer, an assortment of meats and veggies with a broth of your choice for an entree and a dessert fondue. We recommend the ruby port cheese, yosenabe broth and marionberry cheesecake. They are to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CumbersomeKreynDined on 8/29/2014The cheese fondue ad dessert fondue was amazing but the main course was cumbersome to cook and pretty average. Drink selection was great!
- Great for familiesmjp97113Dined on 8/28/2014Enjoyed this experience with my daughter. Good recommendations from our server and quick service. We will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- arielchevelleDined on 8/24/2014My boyfriend and I went on a date here and ALL the martinis we tried were amazing, along with both fondues we tried as well. Good stuff!Special Features:
- FoodieLuvDined on 8/23/2014The food was really good here but it took us 2.5 hours to get all of our food. Our vegetables came out a little cold and when we were ready to order dessert. They service was good in the beginning but got worse as the night went on, the restaurant wasn't even that busy so I didn't understand what was taking so long. The food was really good and it was a fun experience but I hope if I ever go back the service will be a lot better.Special Features:
- Couldn't of been happier!HappyDined on 8/22/2014Everything about this place was amazing! Food was so good, the staff was awesome and we enjoyed every second we where there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FondueepsherwoodDined on 8/20/2014Delicious fondue and excellent service. The cheddar caraway starter is sublime and you cannot go past the dark chocolate with hazelnut dessert fondue. An excellent spot for date night or a bigger group!Special Features:
- I am glad I am not doing the dishesDribblesDined on 8/18/2014Cooking food in broth, not oil. Infuses flavor. Lots of options to choose from, as well as dipping sauces offered. Waiting for the food to cook, is hard. Need bibs to keep your clothes clean.Special Features:
- Not worth it!LunchbunchDined on 8/16/2014Urban Fondue did not live up to all the hype. There is a competing fondue restaurant down the road with superior food and service. The food was o.k., the server made us feel like he wanted to get us out of there quickly. The booth we sat in had burn holes in the seats and walls. The place was much smaller than I expected. Will not return!!!!
- Good foodSmalltowndinerDined on 8/16/2014We arrived early at 6 pm for our 615 reservation. We were seated immediately. They had called earlier to confirm our reservation. Fondue was excellent - especially the one with port in it. Dinner took 2 1/2 hours for group of five. Let you substitute main dish meats and veggies. Forgot one of the parties drinks. When reminded rectified immediately and said wouldn't charge. Good time for all. Only complaint is the seats in the booth are a little uncomfortable since so soft.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Great Experience!TheCheerfulGiversDined on 8/16/2014Our oldest daughter wanted to go to a well-known fondue restaurant for her birthday, but then I started researching reviews. I am so glad I did! We surprised her with dinner at Urban Fondue, and she was thrilled with the experience! We had reservations and were seated quickly. Our daughter really doesn't like to make food choices, so I brought a typed copy of our meal choices. Vince was our waiter, and he was wonderful! It was everyone's first time using fondue for all the courses, and he explained each step with such a great, up-beat attitude. He became part of the celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.