Urban Flats Winter Garden
132 W. Plant St
Winter Garden, FL 34787Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Urban Flats Winter Garden
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 4076142765
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Tuesday, Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Wednesday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Urban Flats Winter Garden
From the moment you step inside Urban Flats®, you’ll feel uplifted by the warm smiles and authentic aroma of our flatbreads and entrees. Relax in our charming bar, or bring the whole family for an evening of food, fun and togetherness. We call it refined casual dining with a dash of chic energy. You’ll call it a completely uplifting experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Urban Flats Winter Garden - Best Restaurants in Winter Garden ›
Urban Flats Winter Garden reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (18)great for outdoor dining (12)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (7)good for groups (6)vibrant bar scene (6)fit for foodies (4)hot spot (4)great for brunch (3)late-night find (2)notable wine list (2)romantic (1)special occasion (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great Experience!Love2eatDined on 8/1/2014I especially like the flat breads and sangria but everything I've tried has been great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedloveggreatfoodVIPDined on 7/14/2014nice ambience, but food mediocre. had seared tuna that was mushy. Flatbread pizza was good.Special Features:
- Started out slow but Ended wellMountainbikemomDined on 6/6/2014Our adult party of five started out slow. Even though reservations were made weeks in advance, we were seated at a table size for four with a chair on the end. About 15 minutes later a hostess asked us if we wanted to move to a larger table where party had just left. That was thoughtful. Appetizers were slow to come out but Carlos our server stayed on top of our order with the kitchen staff. Food was good as always. We did indicate that we were celebrating our mothers birthday in the reservation, however no mention was made all night- that was disappointing since we eat there at least twice a month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Winter Garden StapleDennybVIPDined on 5/24/2014Great location for a comfortable meal when in this quant little town with fantastic charm.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/23/2014Food is good, affordable, service friendly, great atmosphere, lovely spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice date night dinner spotMountainbikemomDined on 5/10/2014Booths at this location make it nice for couples to get together for dinner. Food is always above average. Nice beverage list and you must try the black and white chips!Special Features:
- not up to standardsSlayerDined on 5/10/2014eat here often so expect the best. in fact, it's taken the place of Seasons 52 for us. Had reservation for our 15th wedding anniversary and they stuck us by last table near kitchen. Was moved then dinner took 45 minutes. crab cakes great though. no mention of our anniversary. why bother saying it i special remarks if they don't read it. will return of course but just won't expect the best any more.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/2/2014We had a good time and will certainly be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 36 reviews are from the Urban Flats Winter Garden reviews archive.
- Service please?ClermontfoodieDined on 4/26/2014Took nearly 10 minutes for the waiter to first appear at our table. Though pleasant when he did show up, he was absent for most of the meal. The food was very good - actually better than we expected. But the lack of service took it off our list of local restaurants to return to.Special Features:
- Always Awesomedoglovers2OrlandoDined on 4/24/2014We Love Urban Flats, the food is always fresh and tasty and Carlos is a great waiter...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy to rediscoverJim1953Dined on 4/11/2014In Florida this past week and we were looking for someplace to go Friday night and lo and behold, we discovered that Urban Flats had re-opened in downtown Winter Garden, and appeared to be a much better location. The Lobster Bisque was as scrupulous as I remembered, followed by the Bone-In Pork Chop, simply delicious! And my wife enjoyed the Tomato Bisque along with her favorite, the multiple Hummus Dips with Pita.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointinganitagDined on 3/28/2014All of our flatbreads arrived undercooked - doughy crust - and at room temperature, not hot. Drinks took forever. No utensils or napkins provided until after the salads were served. Asked what draft beers they had. They said Fat Tire and named a few others. We ordered draft Fat Tires and got bottles for $7 each. "yes", the server said "we don't have it on draft". It was a busy night, so perhaps this explains some, but it won't be busy for long if this keeps up.
- Great ExperienceJoJoDined on 3/8/2014We were looking for a place to entertain out of town friends and remembered we had dined at your location in the past and had a great meal there. This time we chose Winter Garden Urban Flats again and you did not disappoint. We love being able to make a reservation online, that you actually confirmed with a reminder. The various appetizer dips that we ordered were ably explained to us and were a wonderful prelude to our dinners, which were tasty as well. Our server, who was new, did her best to make us feel welcome. We also are glad that you are in such an inviting area, so that we were able to enjoy the outdoor entertainment afterwards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatauggie10Dined on 2/23/2014food was great, as well as resturant itself, but waiter acted as if we were a bother. will return many times, loved it, but will make sure we have another server. thanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have eaten here a number of times.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/21/2014Have eaten here a number of times. Always enjoyable. If you are going on a weekend make sure you allow extra time because the restaurant is always busy. Sitting at the outside tables is wonderful at lunch time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerDinnerfunDined on 2/15/2014It was a little frustrating to make a reservation, and upon arrival being the only people in the host area. Then 4 other parties (same size as ours) were sat before us! Apparently the host stand was a bit confused. My champagne was given to me in a wine glass instead of a champagne glass. I will say that the food was good, although I found a very long hair in my salad that completely stopped my appetite. Management was very nice dealing with the issue and although I had no problem paying for my food, they made up for it by taking my meal off the check. I loved the atmosphere of the restaurant and the location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SatisfiedSnowbirdDined on 2/14/2014On Valentines Day, the place was filled. We made a reservation and our table was ready when we arrived. The food was very good and attractively served. The only negative was the rather misleading menu which seemed to say that the salads were included with the price of the entrees. We were charged a full price for two entree salads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Urban FlatsHeatherDined on 2/8/2014We like this restaurant very much and even had lunch the day before at this location with friends from out of town. We wanted to have dinner there so we made reservations. Our meal was very good. They have a very good wine list to chose from with wines from aroundmthe world. One of us had the special fish which was delicious. This restaurant is a true neighborhood gem. Locals know how good it is. Glad I found it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we all had different flatbreadslindaochscDined on 2/8/2014we all had different flatbreads and they were all delicious. service was friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Twice In On WeekPartyOf5Dined on 2/3/2014Great experience, as always. Great local eatry. Food is always fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This usually is our top choicekey2Dined on 1/31/2014This usually is our top choice when in the area. smaller portions then prior visits. when i had a problem with my meal my server did not offer to fix it. good food though. tasty and always great atmosphere.
- Good dinner, indifferent serviceNoneVIPDined on 1/26/2014The food was plentiful and tasty; the service, fitful and indifferent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for date nightdenwoodDined on 1/11/2014The ambiance and food are just right for a semi-quiet night where you can still have a conversation but also feel like you are not the only person in the restaurant. The food is moderately priced and the seafood is fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as it once was!RGrillDined on 12/31/2013Food is still really good, but they have yet to find their stride since relocating to downtown Winter Garden. We keep going back but have continued to be disappointed. I love the crab cakes. What used to be an appetizer for $10.99 (two small crab cakes) is now a large dinner entrée for $17.99. It is the same exact thing. Love them, but way over priced. The main problem, however, is the service. On a recent visit they were out of the "fish special" at 6:00 pm??? The waiter said they only had two servings. From having our order taken until our food was served was 1 hour. During that time we were not checked on until minute 53, no bread was offered, no apology for the delay. The place was not even crowded. Hire more kitchen help.Special Features:
- Needs WorkAndyVIPDined on 12/20/2013Server was great! Kitchen was slow and bar was confused. Food was ok. Would not rush back.
- Love the new location. Thedoglovers2OrlandoDined on 12/18/2013Love the new location. The food is always great and Carlos is the best server...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday nightSmooreDined on 12/6/2013Great dinner with family in from out of town. Wen was exceptional and best crab cakes ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well Done!JazminDined on 11/20/2013We came as a group of 30 for their Wine-Down Wednesday event and the staff did an outstanding job to make us feel at home. We felt VERY comfortable at the inside tables as well as in the outside seating. The live music allowed us to dance and really enjoy the evening. Overall a very nice evening for all of us and we will return. Thank you to Urban Flats for going the extra mile!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wont be returningVIPmemberVIPDined on 10/18/2013This restaurant needs to work out it's problems in the kitchen. The place was not busy but all our food came out at different times several minutes apart. Not the servers fault. The chef needs to pay attention.
- watered down wine & slow serviceVIPmemberVIPDined on 10/4/2013We came for dinner on a Friday night. The place was empty so why did it take forever for our food to come out ? The white wine was watered down. The red was ok. The Fish in the fish tacos tasted like frozen fish sticks. The Black and Blue Steak Flatbread was skimpy on the steak and in general the service extremely slow. The entrees were not served together but in 3 trips. Not going back and I wouldn't recommend this place.
- Can't beat this for service!GoodasusualDined on 9/6/2013The food and service is always great but last friday night was particularly noteworthy because of the result of one request we made. When we go to this restaurant, we ask for Shandra and did so friday night. In the course of hearing about the specials , we mentioned that we really missed the pepper steak item that we had always enjoyed at the Fowlers Grove location. After taking our drink order, Shandra soon came back with the manager (June?) who told us that if we wanted the pepper steak, she had all the ingredients available in the kitchen to make that dish. Three of us promptly ordered it and were not disappointed in the result. The evening out with friends was made special for us. Thanks!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Urban Flats -Winter Garden -- a hitWindygirlDined on 7/23/2013Love the new location in an old FL renovated building in Winter Garden. Business is good and for good reason! Really good food with some seasonal changes to the menu. Great service that works at your dining pace. We have gone with friends and you can have a good table conversation in normal tones. Crab cakes are my test of a good kitchen and there are some of the best I,be had. Big lumps of crabmeat gently bound and little or no filler. Fresh seasonal veg as a side an I'm in heaven. Nice wines by the glass and we were offered beer samples of drafts we had not tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't Be Returning...EverOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/9/2013This restaurant was amazing when it was located on Daniels Rd, but not since it moved to downtown Winter Garden. This was our go-to place when entertaining out of town guests, but after our last 2 visits, we won't be returning. We were embarrassed as hosts. On a recent Tues night, there were only a handful of diners, yet it took our party of 5 almost 3 hours to get through dinner! Service was incredibly slow and uneven. The hummus & pita appetizer that once arrived so bountiful & artfully presented was nothing more than a few pieces of pita tossed onto a dinner plate with a few scoops of dip. The food was just ok. No time for dessert/coffee. Struggled to pay the bill as the credit card machine was on the fritz. Don't waste your $.
- nice night outSharonB8407Dined on 6/14/2013I took my family there for an early fathers day treat. Shaunda was our server, and she is fantastic. She even went out of her way to entertain my kids so my husband and I could have conversation over dinner. Great food, great service. Just wish it were closer to my home.Special Features:
- A place fit for any occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/7/2013We have always had incredible service here and the food is top notch. We're told the salads are picked fresh from the Winter Garden Farmers' Market, which is cool to us. They're known for their flat breads but the other items are impressive too... my personal favorite being the fish tacos and my wife's the turkey, pear & brie flatbread. French dip is great too. You can have a moderately priced meal for an "I don't want to cook" night or amp it up for a special occasion with their great drink list and appetizers / desserts. Totally a place where you'll probably run into friends or co-workers or even industry figures - our last 2 trips we've seen executive Disney chefs dining here so that's a good sign! Say hi to Jane, the GM, she's great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been four stars!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013Food was very good. Waitress was inattentive. It was like she had something else on her mind, other then serving us. However, she was pleasant. I would patronize them again, hoping for different waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice selection of a varietyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/27/2013Nice selection of a variety of foods, many flatbreads, very nice entrees, and wines. Food is fresh and nicely prepared.Special Features:
- Amazing Local Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/4/2013We have missed Urban Flats and we are so happy to have this wonderful restaurant back in Winter Garden! On our first visit to the new location, we arrived with two out of town friends. We had a wonderful meal and terrific service. Two of us ordered the Stone Fired Steak, which was fantastic. Sometimes you get great presentation with little flavor, but not with this dish...it was excellent. One member of our party ordered the scallops, and they were perfectly cooked, tender and delicious. The only so-so entrée was the Cedar Plank Salmon, which was a bit dry. The appetizer and side dishes were wonderful. All in all, it was a great evening. Just one request...please bring back the cheese plate appetizer. Welcome Back Urban Flats!Special Features:
- The restaurant had tasty foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/12/2013The restaurant had tasty food and excellent service. This is our favorite restaurant in Winter Garden. We dined here 2 of 4 nights in Winter Garden.Special Features:
- The food was good but it wasWebberwarriorVIPDined on 3/7/2013The food was good but it was different eating downtown WG versus the Grove. It will take a little getting used to.Special Features: