525 SW Morrison St.
Portland, OR 97204Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://urbanfarmerportland.com/
- Phone: 5032224900x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 6:30am - 3pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Happy Hour: Everyday: 3pm - 6pm
Sunday - Thursday: 10pm - 11pm
Friday - Saturday: 10pm - 12am
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt Christianson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer many semi-private and private dining spaces for receptions or dinner from 10 to 80 guests.
- Special Events: Please visit our Facebook page.
- Cross Street: between 5th and 6th Ave
- Public Transit: We are located right on the Max Line at the Pioneer Place stop as well as the Steetcar Pioneer Place stop.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: In addition to offer valet, there are 2 parking garages within one block of our location: Star Park located at SW 6th and Alder as well as Smart Park located at SW 4th and Morrison.
A word from Urban Farmer
Urban Farmer is a modern American steakhouse featuring indigenous and locally sourced food products from artisanal craftsmen. Located in the lobby of the Nines Hotel, a luxury collection property, Urban Farmer features refined dining in an elegantly understated atmosphere. Prime Beef, dry aged in-house, takes center stage alongside locally grown vegetables hand-carried to the kitchen door. Local wines, many of which are organic and biodynamic, round out a stellar beverage program that Portland's own crafted Spirits. Classic cocktails, refined urban setting, with panoramic city views as seen from the lovingly restored verandas that line the Historic Meier & Frank Building, circa 1909. Whether you desire a quick, delicious country-style breakfast, a "locavore" lunch featuring Oregon's bounty, or dinner and drinks for 2 to 20 in Urban Farmer's artistically designed dining room, we look forward to serving you with homespun grace and warmth.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Urban Farmer - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Urban Farmer reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since June 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (84)special occasion (71)good for groups (47)romantic (45)great for brunch (40)notable wine list (35)great for lunch (31)hot spot (23)vibrant bar scene (19)neighborhood gem (18)late-night find (10)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Good, but Not FrenchLorelaiDined on 10/12/2014Lively bistro, credible wine list, good service. Both the salad and the duck pie, were more inspired than by Indian food than French. Lentils on the butter salad were heavy on the cumin, tumeric and chills. Duck pie was dry, crust as well and was over cooked. Interesting menu and fare, but quality of food should have ben better for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in PortlandJustinDined on 10/10/2014I've eaten at most of the top-rated restaurants in Portland. Compared to the fare I get in Seattle, the Bay Area, and others, Portland dining always seems to have some small, but significant, flaw - presentation, flavor balance, or overreaching. Urban Farmer was nearly flawless and is unquestionably the best food in Portland. I had the Charcuterie board, Wagyu Tenderloin with Potato Tart, and Banana Souffle. My wife had Wagyu Brevette and Mushrooms. For drinks, I had the Pepino Fresco to start, Grgich Cab with dinner, and a Madeira for dessert. Next time we visit, we'll definitely have to try a visit from the cheese steward.Special Features:
- Food ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Tenderloin was barely warm & the Pork had tons of fat on itSpecial Features:
- tiny table but excellent dinnerTollerloverDined on 10/3/2014So wished for a bigger or more private table since it was our 20th anniversary, that said, though, the service was great and the food excellent. Not romantic at all but, heck, the food was outstanding and our server excellent.Special Features:
- A Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/22/2014This was our second trip to Urban Farmer and we liked it as much the second time as we did the first. We love the cheese selections as a starter and our steaks were tender, flavorful and cooked to perfection. The service was excellent and everyone was warm and friendly. The manager even came by our table to make sure our meal was as we expected.Special Features:
- Always a pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/22/2014Brought an out of town guest. Loved the food and the cool vibe. Ashley was fantastic! Always a good place to bring someone for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Meet MLS soccer playersGoosebumpsVIPDined on 9/20/2014I had the very well made Dungeness crab omelet that I throughly enjoyed. If you time it right, you can rub shoulders at brunch with the players from the visiting MLS soccer teams.Special Features:
- Surprising flavorsPDXfoodieDined on 9/19/2014Lunch menu of grits, poached egg, shrimp and pulled pork was a wonderful dish of many flavors bursting in each bite. Drinks, entree and dessert was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fluffer foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014It can be hard to dine out and eat healthy. The restaurant is located in the middle of the nines hotel. The space is grand. There are real cowhide benches giving you the sense the entire animal went to use as you order your steak. I eat meat very seldom so we split an 8oz grassfed filet and it was just the right amount along with the salad and two family style appetizers. It was melt in your mouth delicious. We had room for dessert and we left feeling just right. The service was impeccable. I saw the manager in a grey suit helping out clearing plates and asking customers if they were enjoying themselves. I could tell everyone was working as a team. The wine, the food and my date were so amazing I couldn't have asked for a better night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchbrunchieVIPDined on 9/18/2014First meal in Portland and it was a memorable one! Had the Anson Mills Grits with a soft poached egg, spiced shrimp and pulled pork. Every bite was amazing! Service was great, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious pork and tomatoesporkfanaticDined on 9/11/2014My girlfriend and I went to Urban Farmer for our 3rd anniversary. She opted for the double tomato - tomato salad with a manchego souffle, and tomato soup. I got a Tails and Trotters pork loin, which was fatty and flavorful - with a subtle pork flavor I previously associated only with rilletes and pate - with peaches and spiced pecans. Everything was fantastic, and we had a wonderful time. We wouldn't go somewhere as expensive as Urban Farmer every week, but for a special occasion, it was perfect. (We've also gone for happy hour, when the prices are much more manageable for a spontaneous meal out).Special Features:
- nice ambiencerickwDined on 9/8/2014So many restaurants today are so noisy that you can't hear yourself think; Urban Farmer is not so. The food is quite good and the service is excellent.Special Features:
- Great Anniversary BrunchSam314Dined on 9/7/2014We ate brunch here for our first wedding anniversary and it was a perfect place! The ambiance and decor is amazing, so beautiful. I love that it is in the middle of the hotel but it feels like you're eating outside on a beautiful sunny day. The food was delicious, I loved the fried potatoes. I had the eggs benedict and my husband had the crab omelette and we were very happy with it. I also had a grapefruit mimosa and coffee which were the perfect brunch additions! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Best steak ever...JRTravelerDined on 9/5/2014wonderfully prepared and presented, and the wait staff's description and recommendation was perfect. Always nice to see the wait staff really know the menu and make great recommendations off it. The Grits dish as a side was spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Planning to returnWaaWaaWaaDined on 9/4/2014Lunch was great - the shrimp and grits were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/1/2014This was a good restaurant but for the price it was not worth it. I have no problem paying $55 for a steak but it really was not a $55 steak. It was cooked perfect but very expensive for the quality.
- Highly recommend Urban FarmerAbbeyDined on 9/1/2014You will not be disappointed since they use quality ingredients. The menu offers a great selection and we enjoy going there for special occasions. We love their breakfast menu!Special Features:
- DE13Dined on 8/31/2014My wife and I were in town for two days and stopped by for brunch on our last day. Holy cow- what a phenomenal meal! The menu had several items we were interested in so we asked our server, Ashley, her opinion. She was spot on with her recommendations. My wife had the Farm vegetable quiche with a side of bacon and both were exceptional (she said the quiche was the best she had ever had). I had the Shaved Tails & Trotters ham benedict and added avocado at Ashley's suggestion. I also ordered a crispy breakfast potato as a side. Mine too were exceptional and I can honestly say the benedict was the best I've ever had. The portions were very hearty so we both were completely full when we left. We would love to eat here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014Ambiance was really cool and "hipster" feeling. They did a great job on the lighting in an open space. The food was good but not anything special. Known for steaks - my husband got grass fed beef and said it was tough. Did not have our first wine selection. Good spirits selection.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014I appreciate your efforts to serve gluten free food. When my clams arrived with toast on top it was quickly whisked away with no questions asked. I also appreciate that you comped our wine for that delay. The charcuterie plate, clams and crab salad were excellent and definitely fit for foodies.Special Features:
- SGF4SGF4VIPDined on 8/30/2014Our dinner was almost perfect! The one exception was our waiter, he was smug and a bit on the arrogant side. Planning to return in the future because the food was great! Hoping for a more engaging server.Special Features:
- Great foodOutandaboutDined on 8/29/2014Always love eating here as the food to me is always amazing. Their mac and cheese and twice baked potato tart are the best side dishes. I just wish the two person tables were slightly bigger. With all the dishes they bring out, having the table a bit bigger to hold them all would be nice. Great service here as always and their waiters know the food quite well and make good suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lFantasticMarinesDined on 8/29/2014The restaurant is beautiful, great food, great service. We really enjoyed out night out there. Definitely, would recommend and return.Special Features:
- Wonderful as alwaysLoveveggiesVIPDined on 8/29/2014We love Urban Farmer! So do our kids! From 3 years old to 17 the kids always find something they like! My husband orders the steak every time and as a vegetarian I can always find something too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014I really enjoy urban farmers brunch menu. Everything on it is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pdxerDined on 8/23/2014Took my daughter for her birthday. The meal was lovely the service was outstanding. I have been here many times and it is consistently awesome.Special Features:
- AmaaaaaazingDinePDXDined on 8/22/2014I celebrated my birthday at Urban Farmer. What an amazing dinner. With the ambience (very trendy/modern) you would never recognize it as a steak house. One view of the menu however offers delights of all of the great standards, as well as some non traditional cuts. grain, corn or grass fed? I'm not certain what that means but I may have to return a number of times to make sure that I get it! Everyone raved about their salads. I had the heirloom tomato and I am still marveling at the spicy peaches and light cheesey soufflé that accompanied it. Our server was a little overbearing regarding the wine. They didn't have the bottle that I wanted. My second choice was put down which I found out of place. It was my birthday after all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JamsDined on 8/21/2014Expensive, not worth the money but great for special occasionsSpecial Features:
- Not worth the triPPearbearoneDined on 8/17/2014The best part of the meal was the bread. That said, everything else was un-impressionable and was considerably overpriced. The Dungeness crab salad, shouldn't be named a salad, but mainly a tasting. The Pacific Wild Salmon was good, but mostly flavorless. The Bone in Tails & Trotters pork loin was 1/2 fat and 1/2 meat and the sauce was reminiscent of the juices of an apple pie rather than a bourbon glaze.
- Veggies skimpy & food saltyPeasPleaseDined on 8/14/2014Beef is apparently good here, but other food not. The charred octopus was blackened like charcoal with only a tiny small shred of a dandelion green. When I pointed out to the server that the menu had said that it came with "dandelion greens" I had expected at least 2. Dandelion greens are large & 2 of them could constitute a salad. The server responded by asking if I would like another dish. I ordered the crab salad and it came with exactly one pea. It was cut in half. And the hearts of palm were slivers of palm. Definitely not multiples. I asked my server for one or two more peas, as I was expecting a crab salad with peas. I received sliced pea pods with a few quarter slices of pea. It was also too salty & the bread butter was too salty.Special Features:
- Outstanding as alwaysTJakeDined on 8/14/2014Dinner with some work friends from out of town. Service was outstanding; waiter was perfectly attentive and also very knowledgeable about the wine list. Steak sampler always hits the spot, and don't miss the cheese apps!Special Features:
- preston15Dined on 8/12/2014Outside the hotel/restaurant was very noisy with lots of people and construction. The restaurant was so quiet and calming. Great relaxing atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Location to Eat DinnerEdgarDined on 8/11/2014It feels like eating in 3 or 4 different European Cities... Fresh Food, Great spacing... Great for all occasions.Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/9/2014Amazing breakfast. I still can't stop talking about the house made english muffins. Bright natural lighting, clean, and an amazing variety for breakfast without being overwhelming. Service was fine, but nothing spectacular. My coffee was constantly filled, so I was happy. Be careful not to over order - the portions are huge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Miss OutAmberDDined on 8/8/2014We were impressed as soon as we walked into the restaurant. The decor is modern and beautiful and fits the name perfectly. Our server was so friendly and attentive and our dining experience was FUN! The bar made us drinks off the menu, the cheese service was unlike any other restaurant I have dined at and the main course was delivered perfectly. I really enjoyed that the crowd was diverse so anyone can feel at home here. I highly recommend this special place.Special Features:
- DisappointingNashvilleVIPDined on 8/4/2014The steaks quality was less than expected and it was a disappointing evening. This expensive restaurant is in a hotel lobby. Perhaps it was a bad night for them but at these prices they should deliver high quality meats every time.
- Love this placeOpieDined on 7/27/2014One of my fav breakfast places, their eggs Benedict is by far the best I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat lovers delight!highlandheavenVIPDined on 7/26/2014Wonderful selection of local and NW beef and pork! Fabulous oysters!Special Features:
- DisipointedOpieDined on 7/26/2014Been here several times, and always had amazing food and service. Steak was over cooked and sides were ok. They did try to make up for it by not charging for steak. Desert was amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Horrible Valet ServiceZaloverDined on 7/20/2014Food was wonderful, restaurant staff was attentive and paid attention to detail. Unfortunately the great dining experience was totally ruined by their valet service. They were both rude and inefficient and tried to scam an extra $20. We had our great meal, paid the valet fee and waited for our car. They raced it up to the curb and nearly hit another vehicle and screeched the brakes. When we asked them to please be more careful, the guy gave an attitude. Immediately they pulled a different car in front of us and backed it up to 18 inches from our car. They pulled another car behind us preventing us from leaving for 20 more minutes. When we complained politely, they told us to leave..We could not. One guy then said, "I hope you get a DUI".Special Features: