525 SW Morrison St.
Portland, OR 97204Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://urbanfarmerportland.com/
- Phone: 5032224900x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 6:30am - 3pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Happy Hour: Everyday: 3pm - 6pm
Sunday - Thursday: 10pm - 11pm
Friday - Saturday: 10pm - 12am
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt Christianson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer many semi-private and private dining spaces for receptions or dinner from 10 to 80 guests.
- Special Events: Please visit our Facebook page.
- Cross Street: between 5th and 6th Ave
- Public Transit: We are located right on the Max Line at the Pioneer Place stop as well as the Steetcar Pioneer Place stop.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: In addition to offer valet, there are 2 parking garages within one block of our location: Star Park located at SW 6th and Alder as well as Smart Park located at SW 4th and Morrison.
A word from Urban Farmer
Urban Farmer is a modern American steakhouse featuring indigenous and locally sourced food products from artisanal craftsmen. Located in the lobby of the Nines Hotel, a luxury collection property, Urban Farmer features refined dining in an elegantly understated atmosphere. Prime Beef, dry aged in-house, takes center stage alongside locally grown vegetables hand-carried to the kitchen door. Local wines, many of which are organic and biodynamic, round out a stellar beverage program that Portland's own crafted Spirits. Classic cocktails, refined urban setting, with panoramic city views as seen from the lovingly restored verandas that line the Historic Meier & Frank Building, circa 1909. Whether you desire a quick, delicious country-style breakfast, a "locavore" lunch featuring Oregon's bounty, or dinner and drinks for 2 to 20 in Urban Farmer's artistically designed dining room, we look forward to serving you with homespun grace and warmth.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Urban Farmer - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Urban Farmer reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (69)special occasion (63)good for groups (40)great for brunch (38)romantic (35)notable wine list (28)great for lunch (26)vibrant bar scene (17)neighborhood gem (16)hot spot (16)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014Ambiance was really cool and "hipster" feeling. They did a great job on the lighting in an open space. The food was good but not anything special. Known for steaks - my husband got grass fed beef and said it was tough. Did not have our first wine selection. Good spirits selection.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014I appreciate your efforts to serve gluten free food. When my clams arrived with toast on top it was quickly whisked away with no questions asked. I also appreciate that you comped our wine for that delay. The charcuterie plate, clams and crab salad were excellent and definitely fit for foodies.Special Features:
- Great foodOutandaboutDined on 8/29/2014Always love eating here as the food to me is always amazing. Their mac and cheese and twice baked potato tart are the best side dishes. I just wish the two person tables were slightly bigger. With all the dishes they bring out, having the table a bit bigger to hold them all would be nice. Great service here as always and their waiters know the food quite well and make good suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lFantasticMarinesDined on 8/29/2014The restaurant is beautiful, great food, great service. We really enjoyed out night out there. Definitely, would recommend and return.Special Features:
- Wonderful as alwaysLoveveggiesVIPDined on 8/29/2014We love Urban Farmer! So do our kids! From 3 years old to 17 the kids always find something they like! My husband orders the steak every time and as a vegetarian I can always find something too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014I really enjoy urban farmers brunch menu. Everything on it is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pdxerDined on 8/23/2014Took my daughter for her birthday. The meal was lovely the service was outstanding. I have been here many times and it is consistently awesome.Special Features:
- AmaaaaaazingDinePDXDined on 8/22/2014I celebrated my birthday at Urban Farmer. What an amazing dinner. With the ambience (very trendy/modern) you would never recognize it as a steak house. One view of the menu however offers delights of all of the great standards, as well as some non traditional cuts. grain, corn or grass fed? I'm not certain what that means but I may have to return a number of times to make sure that I get it! Everyone raved about their salads. I had the heirloom tomato and I am still marveling at the spicy peaches and light cheesey soufflé that accompanied it. Our server was a little overbearing regarding the wine. They didn't have the bottle that I wanted. My second choice was put down which I found out of place. It was my birthday after all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JamsDined on 8/21/2014Expensive, not worth the money but great for special occasionsSpecial Features:
- Not worth the triPPearbearoneDined on 8/17/2014The best part of the meal was the bread. That said, everything else was un-impressionable and was considerably overpriced. The Dungeness crab salad, shouldn't be named a salad, but mainly a tasting. The Pacific Wild Salmon was good, but mostly flavorless. The Bone in Tails & Trotters pork loin was 1/2 fat and 1/2 meat and the sauce was reminiscent of the juices of an apple pie rather than a bourbon glaze.
- Veggies skimpy & food saltyPeasPleaseDined on 8/14/2014Beef is apparently good here, but other food not. The charred octopus was blackened like charcoal with only a tiny small shred of a dandelion green. When I pointed out to the server that the menu had said that it came with "dandelion greens" I had expected at least 2. Dandelion greens are large & 2 of them could constitute a salad. The server responded by asking if I would like another dish. I ordered the crab salad and it came with exactly one pea. It was cut in half. And the hearts of palm were slivers of palm. Definitely not multiples. I asked my server for one or two more peas, as I was expecting a crab salad with peas. I received sliced pea pods with a few quarter slices of pea. It was also too salty & the bread butter was too salty.Special Features:
- Outstanding as alwaysTJakeDined on 8/14/2014Dinner with some work friends from out of town. Service was outstanding; waiter was perfectly attentive and also very knowledgeable about the wine list. Steak sampler always hits the spot, and don't miss the cheese apps!Special Features:
- preston15Dined on 8/12/2014Outside the hotel/restaurant was very noisy with lots of people and construction. The restaurant was so quiet and calming. Great relaxing atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Location to Eat DinnerEdgarDined on 8/11/2014It feels like eating in 3 or 4 different European Cities... Fresh Food, Great spacing... Great for all occasions.Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/9/2014Amazing breakfast. I still can't stop talking about the house made english muffins. Bright natural lighting, clean, and an amazing variety for breakfast without being overwhelming. Service was fine, but nothing spectacular. My coffee was constantly filled, so I was happy. Be careful not to over order - the portions are huge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Miss OutAmberDDined on 8/8/2014We were impressed as soon as we walked into the restaurant. The decor is modern and beautiful and fits the name perfectly. Our server was so friendly and attentive and our dining experience was FUN! The bar made us drinks off the menu, the cheese service was unlike any other restaurant I have dined at and the main course was delivered perfectly. I really enjoyed that the crowd was diverse so anyone can feel at home here. I highly recommend this special place.Special Features:
- DisappointingNashvilleVIPDined on 8/4/2014The steaks quality was less than expected and it was a disappointing evening. This expensive restaurant is in a hotel lobby. Perhaps it was a bad night for them but at these prices they should deliver high quality meats every time.
- Love this placeOpieDined on 7/27/2014One of my fav breakfast places, their eggs Benedict is by far the best I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat lovers delight!highlandheavenVIPDined on 7/26/2014Wonderful selection of local and NW beef and pork! Fabulous oysters!Special Features:
- DisipointedOpieDined on 7/26/2014Been here several times, and always had amazing food and service. Steak was over cooked and sides were ok. They did try to make up for it by not charging for steak. Desert was amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent except...BeaujoladyVIPDined on 7/20/2014Everything was excellent. The ambiance, the wait staff, the drinks (brunch bloody mary's were delish). I ordered the avocado benedict which is served over gigantic english muffins and was impressive to be served but.... it was cold. Everything on my plate was cold. We were a group of 6 so I can imagine that everyone needed to be served at once. I didn't send it back or mention anything as I didn't want to make a big deal or disrupt the flow of our brunch, but next time I will mention it to the wait staff to make sure it comes out hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceMeatsnveggiesDined on 7/16/2014Tasty Cheese Plate. Good variety of cheeses, nice atmosphere, friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing venuepdxoriginalVIPDined on 7/13/2014We went originally for brunch and discovered an amazing venue in the center of a building. Feels like your outside, but with the benefits of being indoors. Great service, great food combined with a great venue. If you've not tried it, your missing out. We enjoyed it so much the first day we brought a group for brunch the next day. Definitely one of my new Portland favorites.Special Features:
- Fantastic!table42VIPDined on 7/12/2014What a great idea to have a steak "tasting" sampling 4 types of New York Sirloins. Sure my husband and I split it (who can eat 24 ounces of meat ?) Love the variety and choices on the menu. Great apps and side dishes. We brought a special bottle and the corkage policy is very reasonable. Would definitely recommend to friends.I would recommend this to a friend.
- CHVancouverDined on 7/8/2014fresh, locally influenced food with great presentation. innovative flavor combinations. would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Just not worthy of the priceAlicemoDined on 7/6/2014As an avid foodie & lover of steak, i had high expectations when taking family to dinner at the Urban Farmer. The service was excellent- professional, there when you needed them but not hovering, familiar & informative about the menu, and anticipated our needs well. Unfortunately most of us ordered steaks which were bland & unappealing on the plate. More seasoning & a better plate presentation for the very high $45. plus price tag was expected- especially compared with the beautiful plates served in the hotels sister restaurant upstairs. The steak tartare was nice looking on the plate, but also extremely bland. On the positive side, all meat was cooked as ordered, and one family member had the salmon special and enjoyed it very much.Special Features:
- Fantastic!!!FoodiesFromCaliVIPDined on 7/4/2014My husband and I went here during our first visit to Portland and it was wonderful! The quality of the food was exceptional and the service was excellent. We loved it so much we returned for breakfast the next day. We plan to return during our next Portland visit. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was okAZFoodieDined on 7/4/2014There was items on the menu that seemed weird. An appetizer: Fio's gras on a waffle with rhubarb compote. It tasted so bad I had to send it back.Special Features:
- Food was good but ambiance lackingDiningVicDined on 7/4/2014We were disappointed walking into the restaurant. It is very stark and surrounded by the balconies of hotel rooms. It would have been nice if they created a ceiling with white gauze or small white lights. The food was good and the service excellent. If you are looking to just enjoy the food and never look up, this is the place.Special Features:
- Nice Hotel RestaurantSFRobertDined on 7/4/2014This was a nice hotel restaurant. The food was pretty good as was the service. The single downside is that you are inside the hotel at the bottom of an interior atrium, so that can create a sensation of being at the bottom of a well. Also, since it's the prime restaurant and bar for the hotel, it can get pretty rowdy and loud at times. I'd recommend it for the food and friendliness of the staff, but not for the noise level, romantic aspects or ambience.
- MaggieNightOutDined on 7/3/2014This was a great find, the food and ambience were excellent. The experience was fun. The cheese cart is a must.Special Features:
- Great SpotNarcatDined on 7/2/2014Hospitality is a little odd at the host stand and our waiter was a little strange as well, but the food and ambience were great. I'd suggest more mature, savvy servers for the downtown lunch crowd. I'll be back for dinner and drinks. Thank you.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!seattleite11VIPDined on 7/1/2014Had been to Urban Farmer for drinks many many times before, but first time to have bruch. We stayed at the hotel (The Nines) and food was great, service was great, and I liked the ambience as well!Special Features:
- Business Dinner was fantasticKimcoDined on 6/30/2014The food was wonderful and artistically prepared - we would go here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and ambiance great...HazelDined on 6/27/2014... but steak and fish were mediocre - certainly not worth the price. Wine choice by server was awesome!
- Fresh food; awesome beef.KateDetroitDined on 6/20/2014Really liked this restaurant. They serve fresh food that is locally grown and are committed to the environment and sustainability. Had some great onion soup that looked like puréed pea soup but had a different distinct enjoyable taste. The beef comes from locally raised cows and it was tender and tasty. While they tout the ambiance, it was okay but nothing special. In our opinion it lacked any feel of intimacy. But the food was outstanding and the ambiance took a second seat. Wine list was remarkable and features lots of local wines--a special treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I probably won't return.EatBeeVIPDined on 6/19/2014We had heard great things about Urban Farmer, and were anxious to try it. However, it failed to live up to our expectations. We ordered two appetizers, the charred octopus and the chilled shrimp. The sauce on the shrimp was gelatinous and over-seasoned, and both dishes were extremely salty. Our entrees were equally disappointing. The Oregon mixed grill was disproportionate in size to the price, and far too salty. The steak sampler, which we requested rare, was partially overdone, with one tough and flavorless. We ordered truffle butter on the side, but our steaks were drenched. Our server removed beverages before they were finished. While the rib eye steak was perfectly cooked and delicious, it was not enough to warrant another visit.
- Steaks not cookedRwolfDined on 6/18/2014Several of us at the table had our steaks over cooked. I send mine back at the next one was rare. They just could not cook medium. Average Caesar salad. Made for a tough business dinner.Special Features:
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/16/2014The Urban Farmer is one of the very best restaurants in downtown. The food is excellent, nice variety and portions that are sensible. My last visit I had roasted carrot risotto with fennel and kahlrabi....getting hungry just thinking about!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NancBDined on 6/15/2014Good food. Very nice ambience. Made reservations days in advance and had nice table, but next to bathroom. Coffee and water service very slow. Had to ask repeatedly. Staff courteous, perhaps just scarce or too spread out. Another wait for the bill. Overall pleasant experience, but would not rush back for brunch.Special Features: