2730 West Lake Street
Minneapolis, MN 55416Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.myurbaneatery.com/
- Phone: 6129205000x
- Hours of Operation:
MONDAY-WEDNESDAY: 4 pm - 11 pm
THURSDAY-SATURDAY: 11 am - Midnight
SUNDAY: 11 am - 11 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Jim Kynberg & Team
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Book your Events with us. Please visit myurbaneatery.com or email events[at]myurbaneatery.com for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: We at Urban Eatery offer a beautiful semi private dining room suitable for any occasion. Our warm and inviting space located at the historic Calhoun Beach Club is a perfect choice for your special event any time of the year.
- Private Party Contact: Ali Koepke 6129205000x
- Entertainment: Check the Urban Eatery website for our entertainment and events.
- Special Events: Let us host your next special events. Please visit myurbaneatery.com or email events[at]myurbaneatery.com for more details.
A word from Urban Eatery
Urban Eatery offers a warm & comfortable dining experience overlooking the beautiful Lake Calhoun. Urban Eatery's menu is approachable with ingredients that are " Fresh & Local". We've taken traditional favorites & added a twist, like Smoked Duck Nachos, Local Greens Salad. Our Lamb Burgers are AMAZING.Continued
January 2014 Open Table Diner' Choice Award
FREE VALET EVERY NIGHT @ 5 PM.
SUN-WED 4-6 PM, LATE NIGHT 9:30-CLOSE
THURS-SAT 4-6 PM, LATE NIGHT 10:30-CLOSE
January 2014 Open Table Diner' Choice Award
FREE VALET EVERY NIGHT @ 5 PM.
SUN-WED 4-6 PM, LATE NIGHT 9:30-CLOSE
THURS-SAT 4-6 PM, LATE NIGHT 10:30-CLOSE
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Urban Eatery - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Urban Eatery reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (56)neighborhood gem (47)fit for foodies (44)scenic view (39)good for groups (29)special occasion (26)hot spot (18)vibrant bar scene (17)great for lunch (17)romantic (15)late-night find (11)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (7)notable wine list (4)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Fabulous service, Great for foodies, Upscale Twin Cities diningSpecial Features:
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Great food and even better service. Fun atmosphere for dinner or drinks and appetizers. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointingChoploverDined on 10/11/2014I've been here several times and have loved the food. I brought an out of town guest here last weekend and was disappointed. We both had the pork chops -- which the waiter highly recommended. I've had them before and liked them so went with them again, but found them salty with too much sauce. Next time I'll go with the steak...I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/11/2014We love Urban Eatery for a satisfying date after a walk around the Lake. The back room is quieter and in the winter, a cozy retreat.
- Special night.Marty14Dined on 10/1/2014Went for a birthday. Used a groupon which was an amazing deal and I didn't feel like a less important customer because I was using one like with some places. Food was awesome. Drinks were too. Overall a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect weather for dinner outdoorsStPauliGirlDined on 9/27/2014Came as a large group of 9, which can always make the dining experience interesting. Being the weather was perfect for outdoors, we were offered a great, circular, out of the way table. This was perfect for conversations and appetizer sharing. Our waitress was attentive and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little disappointedunhappy1234Dined on 9/26/2014We spent way too much money and had to order more food than necessary because of the groupon coupon. Will never do this again. I like the coupons that you buy for a certain dollar value and then you can use it on anything you'd like instead of having to order certain things. It ends up being a bad deal and leaving a bad taste in ones mouth!Special Features:
- Not so impressed with the servicethatsemmsDined on 9/25/2014We went to urban eatery for a birthday celebration. Arrived there early, been told that we need to wait 30 minutes more to be seated. So we went for a walk and came back. Our server wasn't rude or anything, but he apparently wasn't happy to serve us. He didn't smile the entire time. We didn't feel welcome at all, instead, we felt like we own that guy a lot of money... and he wanted to be pay back immediately... In terms of food, smocked duck nachos was good. Steak and walleye entree were just so so.Special Features:
- Great birthday dinner!hollywoodVIPDined on 9/25/2014We got the big round table outside and it was such a fun way to celebrate my friend's birthday! We loved being able to sit outside in September!Special Features:
- Great Food!ilovefoodDined on 9/17/2014Great vibe, great food, great service, large portions. I recommend the duck nachos!Special Features:
- Great special occasion spotAndyPDined on 9/11/2014I've been here with my boyfriend on two occasions, both spontaneous date nights. The food is always top-notch, and the service is attentive and pleasant. I've never really been one to be impressed by food, but Urban Eatery always surprises me. The prices are a little high, but the food is definitely worth it.Special Features:
- Awesomeemilyz123Dined on 9/11/2014The food was great! The server was so friendly and answered all the questions we had. The fried pickles we ordered as an appetizer were delicious and not what we expected, in a good way. I forgot my scarf at the table and a staff member came running out to bring it to me while I was waiting for the valet, which was beyond awesome service. I will definitely be back soon to try out more of the small plate happy hour appetizers!Special Features:
- Great food!Foodie8Dined on 9/6/2014Everyone at my table enjoyed their food. I had the lamb burger. It was moist, the cheese made it creamy, and the tomatoes added flavor. Yum! Others had the turkey burger and said it had good flavor. We will definitely visit Urban Eatery again.Special Features:
- Tried it for the first timeedinamanDined on 9/6/2014We have driven past this restaurant many times, but for some reason we never tried it. I decided, based on the online reviews, that we would go there for my birthday. We weren't sure what to expect. It was a fun place, the food was good, and the wait staff was friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Pleasant eveningChezjavaDined on 8/29/2014My wife and I went to dinner here with an out-of-town writer I hadn't seen in forty years. I was surprised and delighted to discover they did have a genuinely quiet section for three over-sixty guests. The restaurant would have gotten an additional check mark for a scenic view, but rain and clouds obscured the lake that evening. Our enthusiastic server knew how every dish was prepared, and his enthusiasm was infectious. We each had a different dish; two were outstanding and the third was very good. Only minus was the after-dinner coffee. They should add an espresso machine to complement their excellent menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our group enjoyed the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014We had a great time. Really good service and nice menu optionsSpecial Features:
- servicetwr39Dined on 8/22/2014Our wait staff was excellent. I didn't even notice the buss boy, which is a credit to him. He quietly took care of all our needs....water, etc. Our waitress was well informed, engaging and honest about our questions. The food was exactly what she said it was with special prep discussions followed perfectly. I enjoyed the interesting array of options available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic as usualJockoVIPDined on 8/20/2014We visit UE alsmost weekly and always have good food,beverage and service while overlooking lake calhoun...one of our favoritesSpecial Features:
- Our first time--really enjoyed it!LikesGoodServiceDined on 8/16/2014I seldom respond to surveys like this, but this was our first time at Urban Eatery and we were quite impressed. Our server knew the menu like the back of his hand and described what he liked, helped us understand the flavors, spices, etc. He was attentive, incredibly warm and friendly, but not overly intrusive. Perfect! The food was very good, reasonably priced, and sitting outside in near-perfect weather with close friends made for a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- By the waterOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/15/2014My friend and I were looking for a place near the water on a beautiful summer day. Granted, this is across busy, noisy Lake Street from Lake Calhoun but you can SEE the lake, especially if you sit on the lovely patio. Service was great - unobtrusive but there when we needed him.Special Features:
- Great as Usual!JockoVIPDined on 8/7/2014Continues one of our favorite neighborhood spots that has great food, service, beverages and a nice view of Lake calhounSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- retiredprofsDined on 8/7/2014Tappas plate is outstanding. Good salads and sandwiches. Limited beer and wine menu compared to competition. Outside is vibrant, but has too much traffic noise at dinnertime.Special Features:
- Superb happy hourTeriDined on 8/7/2014The tomato avocado pizza is delicious, and a real happy hour bargain. Attentive, friendly wait staff. Loved the place. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Good placeJafoDined on 8/4/2014This was my first time at Urban Eatery. My friend and I ate outside on the patio for dinner. Nice view of Lake Calhoun. Food and service were good. I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service & patio!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/1/2014We had dinner here - 4 adults and 2 young children (aged 6 and 7). We made a reservation and requested the outdoor patio. There was no table on the patio open when we arrived so we waited in the bar area for about 20-25 minutes, and one became available. The bar area is large enough for a comfortable wait and the bar staff were very friendly and accommodating. We had a lovely al fresco dinner, great food, great service (our waiter was VERY attentive and pleasant). The menu had many options, and I could chosen many different things. We all enjoyed our food, drinks and the ambiance. Great summer evening! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationBc28Dined on 7/28/2014I chose to visit Urban Eatery with about 12 people for my Birthday, out of the many hot spots in the uptown area. I wrote on my reservation along with my boyfriend calling in advance and telling the server when we got there we were celebrating my birthday. The entire night it seemed like a chore to get our order and service our table, constantly having to ask for more water or let him know we needed more food/drinks. Then at the end of the night he suddenly came with all of our checks with out saying a single thing about it being a birthday celebration or offering some type of fun dessert for the table to enjoy. He did nothing to make the event feel special and welcomed at Urban Eatery.Special Features:
- Great as usual!JockoVIPDined on 7/27/2014Continues to be one of our favorite go to spots! Good food, great service, and nice outdoor seating in the summerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- saturday brunchLAABVIPDined on 7/26/2014We had a wonderful brunch while sitting outside on a beautiful Saturday. The food was delish and the view was the best! We loved being there with our son, daughter-in-law and their little dog, who was also welcome and presented with a water bowl by the waiter. Loved it!!!!Special Features:
- The service really stood out...Lees13Dined on 7/25/2014We ate here during Restaurant Week and ate from the special menu. The cocktails were great. The two standouts were the Brussels sprouts and the smoked chop. Everything was tasty and well prepared, but maybe slightly heavy. The best thing about our experience was the service. From the bartender to the runners and especially our server. She was knowledgeable about the menu and gave good suggestions. She was smart and friendly, thanks Alexis! All in all a great night out!Special Features:
- Nice Placejhagen902Dined on 7/24/2014My wife and I needed to grab a quick bite (salads) before an event we were attending nearby. The staff at Urban eatery were very accommodating, getting us seated at a table on the patio and getting our food and bill to us quickly and with great attitude. And the salads wre quite good. There were many items on the menu we look forward to trying when we go backSpecial Features:
- Felt we were going through a mazetheprincessVIPDined on 7/24/2014We really felt like we should have been rewarded a piece of cheese when we got to the front door! Maybe more signage for the restaurant would be helpful as you wind your way through the building! And maybe some better directions on your website parking directions. Server was friendly but service could have been more prompt. The food was good. We probably will try once more.Special Features:
- Decent Food & ServicetrevDined on 7/24/2014Burger was very good, food overall wasn't bad. Service was fine. Nothing wrong with the place, but nothing stood out.
- Tick TockadambDined on 7/23/2014It's been 3 months since we were there, and I'm pretty sure I still haven't received my drink order. While the staff is friendly it forever with every little thing. Patio is very nice, which is it's saving grace, but the food is just Blah.
- Get better steak knivesSureshotDined on 7/23/2014Well here we are during restaurant week when the establishment should be putting its best foot forward---and on leaving one might have preferred left overs at home for dinner. Starter "Crispy Brussel Sprouts + Bacon"-but they forgot to mention the undrained oil from the deep fryer. The "Urban Steak", could not be cut with the supplied "steak knife" and I had to get up from the table and ask another server for one as one did not come with it. The steak was returned- and "Big Mama's Meatball" and spaghetti was substituted. Like I said, leftovers at home would have been preferable. (Maybe I should have tried the fish.) Essentially this was BAD BAR FOOD!
- Dinner at Urban EateryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014We sat out on the patio and had a great view plus the service was great. It was restaurant week so you could choose to order off a smaller menu but it included an app, Caesar salad, entrée and dessert. I had the pork chop as my entrée and it was delicious. I would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Yummy!FoodieDined on 7/20/2014Went a late supper and the good, service, and wine was great! Definitely a spot to try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "We're not an Italian Restaurant"ecuman1VIPDined on 7/19/2014Famous last words from server as I unfortunately ordered the stuffed meatball and asked if there were any other pasta options. Service was mediocre at best, food marginal. I guess they survive on the Calhoun Beach Club residents, because we're never coming back.
- Great HHOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014The Happy Hour menu was great. It was a perfect night to be on the patioSpecial Features:
- Great outdoor viewBabsDined on 7/16/2014Had good food and terrific service! Romantic view of the lake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu!FlyboyDined on 7/10/2014Just across Lake Street on the north end of Lake Calhoun, this restaurant has a fabulous menu (it really was hard to choose!). We sat outside and it was fun to see the sailboats etc on the lake. My only complaint was that Lake Street itself was a bit noisy. But we'll be back!Special Features: