2730 West Lake Street
Minneapolis, MN 55416Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.myurbaneatery.com/
- Phone: 6129205000x
- Hours of Operation:
MONDAY-WEDNESDAY: 4 pm - 11 pm
THURSDAY-SATURDAY: 11 am - Midnight
SUNDAY: 11 am - 11 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Jim Kynberg & Team
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Book your Events with us. Please visit myurbaneatery.com or email events[at]myurbaneatery.com for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: We at Urban Eatery offer a beautiful semi private dining room suitable for any occasion. Our warm and inviting space located at the historic Calhoun Beach Club is a perfect choice for your special event any time of the year.
- Private Party Contact: Ali Koepke 6129205000x
- Entertainment: Check the Urban Eatery website for our entertainment and events.
- Special Events: Let us host your next special events. Please visit myurbaneatery.com or email events[at]myurbaneatery.com for more details.
A word from Urban Eatery
Urban Eatery offers a warm & comfortable dining experience overlooking the beautiful Lake Calhoun. Urban Eatery's menu is approachable with ingredients that are " Fresh & Local". We've taken traditional favorites & added a twist, like Smoked Duck Nachos, Local Greens Salad. Our Lamb Burgers are AMAZING.Continued
January 2014 Open Table Diner' Choice Award
FREE VALET EVERY NIGHT @ 5 PM.
SUN-WED 4-6 PM, LATE NIGHT 9:30-CLOSE
THURS-SAT 4-6 PM, LATE NIGHT 10:30-CLOSE
January 2014 Open Table Diner' Choice Award
FREE VALET EVERY NIGHT @ 5 PM.
SUN-WED 4-6 PM, LATE NIGHT 9:30-CLOSE
THURS-SAT 4-6 PM, LATE NIGHT 10:30-CLOSE
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Urban Eatery - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Urban Eatery reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (65)neighborhood gem (51)scenic view (47)fit for foodies (43)good for groups (25)great for lunch (24)vibrant bar scene (18)special occasion (18)hot spot (17)romantic (12)great for brunch (10)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (6)notable wine list (3)Show More
- Pleasant eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014My wife and I went to dinner here with an out-of-town writer I hadn't seen in forty years. I was surprised and delighted to discover they did have a genuinely quiet section for three over-sixty guests. The restaurant would have gotten an additional check mark for a scenic view, but rain and clouds obscured the lake that evening. Our enthusiastic server knew how every dish was prepared, and his enthusiasm was infectious. We each had a different dish; two were outstanding and the third was very good. Only minus was the after-dinner coffee. They should add an espresso machine to complement their excellent menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our group enjoyed the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014We had a great time. Really good service and nice menu optionsSpecial Features:
- servicetwr39Dined on 8/22/2014Our wait staff was excellent. I didn't even notice the buss boy, which is a credit to him. He quietly took care of all our needs....water, etc. Our waitress was well informed, engaging and honest about our questions. The food was exactly what she said it was with special prep discussions followed perfectly. I enjoyed the interesting array of options available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic as usualJockoVIPDined on 8/20/2014We visit UE alsmost weekly and always have good food,beverage and service while overlooking lake calhoun...one of our favoritesSpecial Features:
- Our first time--really enjoyed it!LikesGoodServiceDined on 8/16/2014I seldom respond to surveys like this, but this was our first time at Urban Eatery and we were quite impressed. Our server knew the menu like the back of his hand and described what he liked, helped us understand the flavors, spices, etc. He was attentive, incredibly warm and friendly, but not overly intrusive. Perfect! The food was very good, reasonably priced, and sitting outside in near-perfect weather with close friends made for a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- By the waterOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/15/2014My friend and I were looking for a place near the water on a beautiful summer day. Granted, this is across busy, noisy Lake Street from Lake Calhoun but you can SEE the lake, especially if you sit on the lovely patio. Service was great - unobtrusive but there when we needed him.Special Features:
- Great as Usual!JockoVIPDined on 8/7/2014Continues one of our favorite neighborhood spots that has great food, service, beverages and a nice view of Lake calhounSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- retiredprofsDined on 8/7/2014Tappas plate is outstanding. Good salads and sandwiches. Limited beer and wine menu compared to competition. Outside is vibrant, but has too much traffic noise at dinnertime.Special Features:
- Superb happy hourTeriDined on 8/7/2014The tomato avocado pizza is delicious, and a real happy hour bargain. Attentive, friendly wait staff. Loved the place. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Good placeJafoDined on 8/4/2014This was my first time at Urban Eatery. My friend and I ate outside on the patio for dinner. Nice view of Lake Calhoun. Food and service were good. I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service & patio!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/1/2014We had dinner here - 4 adults and 2 young children (aged 6 and 7). We made a reservation and requested the outdoor patio. There was no table on the patio open when we arrived so we waited in the bar area for about 20-25 minutes, and one became available. The bar area is large enough for a comfortable wait and the bar staff were very friendly and accommodating. We had a lovely al fresco dinner, great food, great service (our waiter was VERY attentive and pleasant). The menu had many options, and I could chosen many different things. We all enjoyed our food, drinks and the ambiance. Great summer evening! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationBc28Dined on 7/28/2014I chose to visit Urban Eatery with about 12 people for my Birthday, out of the many hot spots in the uptown area. I wrote on my reservation along with my boyfriend calling in advance and telling the server when we got there we were celebrating my birthday. The entire night it seemed like a chore to get our order and service our table, constantly having to ask for more water or let him know we needed more food/drinks. Then at the end of the night he suddenly came with all of our checks with out saying a single thing about it being a birthday celebration or offering some type of fun dessert for the table to enjoy. He did nothing to make the event feel special and welcomed at Urban Eatery.Special Features:
- Great as usual!JockoVIPDined on 7/27/2014Continues to be one of our favorite go to spots! Good food, great service, and nice outdoor seating in the summerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- saturday brunchLAABVIPDined on 7/26/2014We had a wonderful brunch while sitting outside on a beautiful Saturday. The food was delish and the view was the best! We loved being there with our son, daughter-in-law and their little dog, who was also welcome and presented with a water bowl by the waiter. Loved it!!!!Special Features:
- The service really stood out...Lees13Dined on 7/25/2014We ate here during Restaurant Week and ate from the special menu. The cocktails were great. The two standouts were the Brussels sprouts and the smoked chop. Everything was tasty and well prepared, but maybe slightly heavy. The best thing about our experience was the service. From the bartender to the runners and especially our server. She was knowledgeable about the menu and gave good suggestions. She was smart and friendly, thanks Alexis! All in all a great night out!Special Features:
- Nice Placejhagen902Dined on 7/24/2014My wife and I needed to grab a quick bite (salads) before an event we were attending nearby. The staff at Urban eatery were very accommodating, getting us seated at a table on the patio and getting our food and bill to us quickly and with great attitude. And the salads wre quite good. There were many items on the menu we look forward to trying when we go backSpecial Features:
- Felt we were going through a mazetheprincessVIPDined on 7/24/2014We really felt like we should have been rewarded a piece of cheese when we got to the front door! Maybe more signage for the restaurant would be helpful as you wind your way through the building! And maybe some better directions on your website parking directions. Server was friendly but service could have been more prompt. The food was good. We probably will try once more.Special Features:
- Decent Food & ServicetrevDined on 7/24/2014Burger was very good, food overall wasn't bad. Service was fine. Nothing wrong with the place, but nothing stood out.
- Get better steak knivesSureshotDined on 7/23/2014Well here we are during restaurant week when the establishment should be putting its best foot forward---and on leaving one might have preferred left overs at home for dinner. Starter "Crispy Brussel Sprouts + Bacon"-but they forgot to mention the undrained oil from the deep fryer. The "Urban Steak", could not be cut with the supplied "steak knife" and I had to get up from the table and ask another server for one as one did not come with it. The steak was returned- and "Big Mama's Meatball" and spaghetti was substituted. Like I said, leftovers at home would have been preferable. (Maybe I should have tried the fish.) Essentially this was BAD BAR FOOD!
- Dinner at Urban EateryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014We sat out on the patio and had a great view plus the service was great. It was restaurant week so you could choose to order off a smaller menu but it included an app, Caesar salad, entrée and dessert. I had the pork chop as my entrée and it was delicious. I would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Yummy!FoodieDined on 7/20/2014Went a late supper and the good, service, and wine was great! Definitely a spot to try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "We're not an Italian Restaurant"ecuman1VIPDined on 7/19/2014Famous last words from server as I unfortunately ordered the stuffed meatball and asked if there were any other pasta options. Service was mediocre at best, food marginal. I guess they survive on the Calhoun Beach Club residents, because we're never coming back.
- Great HHOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014The Happy Hour menu was great. It was a perfect night to be on the patioSpecial Features:
- Great outdoor viewBabsDined on 7/16/2014Had good food and terrific service! Romantic view of the lake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu!FlyboyDined on 7/10/2014Just across Lake Street on the north end of Lake Calhoun, this restaurant has a fabulous menu (it really was hard to choose!). We sat outside and it was fun to see the sailboats etc on the lake. My only complaint was that Lake Street itself was a bit noisy. But we'll be back!Special Features:
- Fantastic!beaudougDined on 7/4/2014I was looking for a nice place with outdoor seating off of Lake Calhoun to plan a proposal to my lady on the 4th of July. I checked with a few of the uptown staples, but availability and intimacy was minimal. I stumbled upon Urban Eatery in a Google search and called them for reservations. The manager (Alli, I think) was more than accomidating to everything I needed to make it happen perfectly! The food and drinks were great! The service was even better! I'd highly recommend it for food, drinks, or special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great surpriseCCY24Dined on 7/3/2014My husband, mother-in-law and I had dinner here, and we all loved our food (a first!) This place is kid and dog friendly, has great outdoors seating, and it's perfect for a summer evening or brunch. The service is fast, cordial, and efficient. We are definitely coming back!Special Features:
- Happy HourOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014Great pick for happy hour! Service was fantastic....will revisit!Special Features:
- BibbyDined on 7/2/2014Our second visit to this restaurant and it did not disappoint us. I started with a mango mojito and it was yummy. Two of us at the table tried the walleye meal, cooked perfectly and looking beautiful on delicious rice cakes, and served with just crisp green beans. One table mate loved the chicken curry and would order it again, and the other enjoyed the whiskey soy salmon for the 2nd time as he loved it so much the first time. After sharing a taste I will be ordering it next time. Our waitress overheard us talking about a birthday and wound up bringing a complimentary dessert to the celebrating member. A great touch! W.e will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service--but dark.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/28/2014Great food and menu overall. Our server Alex was exceptionally good. The bar area is dark at certain tables which was our only real negative for the place. We would definitely eat there again just at a different part of the restaurant. The area by the windows looked nice or the dining room in the back which was beautifully lit and seemed like a great place to hold a dinner reception or social. Overall very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice variety and good bar foodClodneyDined on 6/28/2014We stopped in on a Saturday night. The rain may have impacted crowds, but the fact that it was much more crowded at 9 than at 7:30 indicates a younger, more bar focused crowd. Our server was excellent - he knew the menu backwards and forwards, made confident recommendations, and was attentive without hovering. We thought the food was in general very good - the smoked duck nachos were excellent, as were the beef kabobs and spinach salad. The brussel sprouts had a little too much bacon (who knew that was possible?), but were still tasty. There was enough variety on the menu that we want to go back and try some other things.Special Features:
- PegOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014The food was deliscious we four women enjoyed our meals. The appetizers of mushrooms and asparagus fantastic and tasty. Dinner was beyond what I expected. duck tender, flavorful, moist. the Brussels sprouts out of this world. Our waiter was beyond helpful and had great advice and was solicitous seeming to know our wants.Special Features:
- Only 4 stars????ajwtDined on 6/21/2014Our biggest question while dining at Urban Eatery was, "How on earth could this place not have 5 stars?" (only 4 stars when we looked at it online) The food was amazing (ceviche, charred cauliflower, shrimp tacos, baby bellas, thai lettuce wraps)! The mojitos were awesome (best ever....and we've tried a lot of mojitos from a lot of places)! We had a great view of the lake and everyone enjoying the lake. I often am bothered by outdoor seating along a street, but the energy of the restaurant was delightful. Our server, Alex, was fantastic! The rest of the staff was incredibly polite and positive. Sadly, no room for dessert. Definitely a place to return to and suggest to friends!!! Try everything on the menu. I'm guessing it is all fantastic!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014I took my father here for Father's Day brunch. I had the breakfast pizza, and my father had a burger. We also had very delightful non-alcoholic Bloody Mary's! The service was great, although I do not remember our servers name! :( Will be back again! I would like to be able to enjoy the patio someday as well!Special Features:
- My Urban ExperienceCurlygurlDined on 6/11/2014I drove by the Urban Eatery frequently, and always wanted to try it out. Well, this last week I got my chance and was not disappointed! The service was great, the food was amazing and the outside seating was beautiful. To have a view of Calhoun and all the hustle and bustle created a fun and energetic atmosphere. I would recommend this place to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Calhoun GemretiredprofsDined on 6/9/2014What keeps us coming back: enthusiastic, fun staff; well-thought-out, carefully prepared menu; modest, but very well selected wine and beer list; terrific outdoor area, lively indoor seating. The people who work here and eat and drink here enjoy themselves, and it shows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceErinDined on 6/6/2014This is our 3rd time here. The food has always been great!! On our last visit, our service was exceptional! Wong is a great server!! We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BibbyDined on 6/5/2014There were 4 of us for dinner. Our order included Whiskey Soy Salmon, Asian Beef Kabobs, Crispy Caprese Chicken and Northwoods Walleye. All were served hot, with crisply cooked vegetables and a beautiful presentation. The walleye eater said he was not really a fish lover but that he will certainly be eating more after finishing his wonderful dinner. The bar was full of energy, the food delicious, the pace of dinner relaxed and I will recommend Urban Eatery to many friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good if you like loudMemyselfDined on 6/4/2014The noise level might not be much different than the average restaurant these days, but it was a real problem for us. We had a senior citizen in our party and it was way too noisy for him - couldn't hear much at all. So we had to move outside and that was not much better, with the heavy traffic. Food was ok but nothing exceptional. Wait staff was nice and helpful. The valet parking is great and the attendant was a sweetheart.
- Good foodaolia324Dined on 6/1/2014We ordered two appetizers; lettuce wrap and mahi mahi. Both were really good. The steak, chicken and burger were quite good also.Special Features: